Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-10-28, 13:11   Link #2361
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
All I can see is Ayanokoji will use Suzune like a tool till the end. I won't be surprised if Ayanokoji ended up using/manipulating Suzune to slept with his old man so he can defeat his father by destroying his father's career life by showing the world how the reputable and influential old man doing sexual intercourse with an underage school girl.

Sex scandal - Bane of all powerful rich old guys.
the LN isnt hentai or ecchi that is why dont write sexual things on the thread
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:18   Link #2362
Endless_Despair

Also for English only readers, the same guy who translated the rooftop scene in Volume 7 the other day has been posting his translations of the 1st Chapter of Volume 4 in the usual place.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:23   Link #2363
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Horikitafans are getting delusional like Ibuki. The author isn't the director, he doesn't favour Horikita at all and the more volumes come out the more she keeps getting btfo
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:27   Link #2364
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
This is just my opinion as well, but I feel what Kinugasa has done here with Horikita is "Bait & Switch". When Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e's first Volume was published, Yahari season 2 anime, was currently airing. In order to attract readers to his LN, Kinugasa purposely placed Horikita on the front cover because her design resembles Yukino and it would attract readers because Yahari series is immensely popular. Once he had gotten the attention he needed, he decided to switch out Horikita and Kushida (who has some resemblance to Yui) who were believed to be the main heroines initially onto other characters which would be Sakura & Karuizawa.

Also another thing is Horikita having a spin-off manga now AFAIK that's usually a very big flag that they are going to lose in the main story, because they will win in the spin-off serialisation instead.
Agree to this
Just like that Koisuru Metronome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Of course I also might have bias since Sudou type of person get really on my nerve, meet actual person who is like back in school and I can be sure don't think of it as happy memory, in fact I outright hate him
Yea, that was kinda biased
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:35   Link #2365
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Horikitafans are getting delusional like Ibuki. The author isn't the director, he doesn't favour Horikita at all and the more volumes come out the more she keeps getting btfo
Have to agree with you on this. You know Suzune is not loved when the author made her brother gave Ayanokoji the permission to treat and use her as a tool to further his goal.

My only hope for her is she can free herself and cut ties with Sudo in the future..
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:35   Link #2366
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
how you know it? Maybe you are working with the author together..... and besides, this is strange he doesnt favour her but his twitter's avatar is Horikita
no one puts one's own avatar who doesnt love a girl that is why dont be silly.

Last edited by Roxanne; 2017-10-28 at 14:52.
Old 2017-10-28, 13:38   Link #2367
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
The most dynamic scene for me would have to be Ayanokouji's monologue in Volume 3, or end of the anime where Ayanokouji states that he never considered Horikita an ally or even a classmate and he views everybody as nothing but tools.

This is just my opinion as well, but I feel what Kinugasa has done here with Horikita is "Bait & Switch". When Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e's first Volume was published, Yahari season 2 anime, was currently airing. In order to attract readers to his LN, Kinugasa purposely placed Horikita on the front cover because her design resembles Yukino and it would attract readers because Yahari series is immensely popular. Once he had gotten the attention he needed, he decided to switch out Horikita and Kushida (who has some resemblance to Yui) who were believed to be the main heroines initially onto other characters which would be Sakura & Karuizawa.

Also another thing is Horikita having a spin-off manga now AFAIK that's usually a very big flag that they are going to lose in the main story, because they will win in the spin-off serialisation instead.
That's exactly what I thought as well, Horikita and Kushida were the marketing that Kinugasa needed to attract more readers to his work, that's why people always say that Youkoso has Oregairu vibes in the first two volumes but after that, becomes something that is nothing like Oregairu.

Last edited by Sakamaki Izayoi; 2017-10-29 at 14:18.
Sakamaki Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:39   Link #2368
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
how you know it? Maybe you are working with the author together.....
4 volumes isn't enough proof already?

Dont delude yourself with something that doesn't even exist.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:41   Link #2369
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
how you know it? Maybe you are working with the author together.....
You don't have to be author to see the obvious.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 14:06   Link #2370
thefreakmike

Quote:
are you author?
No I am not but neither are you, we Both know pretty much the same of what will happen, which is nothing.

Also I didnt stay that they becoming enemies was absolutely going to happen, I only stated a possiblity out of many other that could occur later on, hence why I used "could possibly", I didnt say it was a fact just a simple opinion
Old 2017-10-28, 14:07   Link #2371
Liselotte-sama

Well, whatever happens we'll see in future volumes. It all depends on the author, for now all you guys are suggesting happen to be speculations. So chill...
Liselotte-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 14:22   Link #2372
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
4 volumes isn't enough proof already?
If the author doesnt give to Horikita many scenes, this means he doesnt favour her...?

Last edited by Roxanne; 2017-10-28 at 14:33.
Old 2017-10-28, 14:48   Link #2373
AB079
Banned

Quote:
If the author doesnt give to Horikita many scenes, this means he doesnt favour her...?
Let's see, it's been established that Ayano and Horikita relationship is not the best one, they really don't like each other but they work together to achieve their goals which is the same type of relationship he has with everyone else. Then you have the fact that she's not even close to Karuizawa if we look at the story regarding Ayanokouji, in terms of development she doesn't have anything that equal the developments of Karuizawa.

Then you have 4 volumes that gave Karuizawa a massive improvement in terms of her character and her relationship with Ayanokouji, knowing things about him that nobody did and finally achieving the main heroine spot at the peak of volume 7 which helped to end a break point in the story (Ryuuen vs Ayanokouji). Does Horikia have any of this? no.

If you want to delude yourself because you can't accept the truth is your problem, but if you want to continue the pointless shipping argument then you should move to another place like 4chan. LN readers and most of the fans (japanese especially) already accepted what I mentioned before, why is so hard for the western fanbase to understand something so simple?
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 14:53   Link #2374
Cinnamon

It's easier to discuss the novel on 5ch than here that's for sure. It's hard to discuss with people who haven't been able to read as far to the latest volume. Hopefully that will change with more translators on the board.
Old 2017-10-28, 15:22   Link #2375
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Let's see,it's been established that Ayano and Horikita relationship is not the best one. they really don't like each other but they work together to achieve their goals which is the same type of relationship he has with everyone else. Then you have the fact that she's not even close to Karuizawa if we look at the story regarding Ayanokouji, in terms of development she doesn't have anything that equal the developments of Karuizawa.

Then you have 4 volumes that gave Karuizawa a massive improvement in terms of her character and her relationship with Ayanokouji, knowing things about him that nobody did and finally achieving the main heroine spot at the peak of volume 7 which helped to end a break point in the story (Ryuuen vs Ayanokouji). Does Horikita have any of this? no.

If you want to delude yourself because you can't accept the truth is your problem, but if you want to continue the pointless shipping argument then you should move to another place like 4chan. LN readers and most of the fans (japanese especially) already accepted what I mentioned before, why is so hard for the western fanbase to understand something so simple?
My english is weak but I will try explain
you know that Ayanokouji and Horikita relationship can be the best one on next volumes cuz this LN and on the LN is happening many unexpected events..... I dont know why did you add Horikita to vol 7? Because vol 7 was about Karuzawa and now on next volume will be about other characters...... and besides, I dont delude yourself. I dont know where do you make it up .......and shipping argument? I spoke about a character, didnt shipping.......and again that site at least dont mix that site to the argument even admins warned us about it............ and last I dont live in western country

Last edited by Roxanne; 2017-10-28 at 19:01.
Old 2017-10-28, 15:29   Link #2376
Rejectors

Quote:
Let's see, it's been established that Ayano and Horikita relationship is not the best one, they really don't like each other but they work together to achieve their goals which is the same type of relationship he has with everyone else. Then you have the fact that she's not even close to Karuizawa if we look at the story regarding Ayanokouji, in terms of development she doesn't have anything that equal the developments of Karuizawa.

Then you have 4 volumes that gave Karuizawa a massive improvement in terms of her character and her relationship with Ayanokouji, knowing things about him that nobody did and finally achieving the main heroine spot at the peak of volume 7 which helped to end a break point in the story (Ryuuen vs Ayanokouji). Does Horikia have any of this? no.

That the problem of the western fans tho..

EDIT:
Quote:
My english is weak but I will try explain
you know that Ayanokouji and Horikita relationship can be the best one on next volumes cuz this LN and on the LN is happening many unexpected events..... I dont know why did you add Horikita to vol 7? Because vol 7 was about Karuzawa and now on next volume will be about other characters...... and besides, I dont delude yourself. I dont know where do you make it up ....... shipping argument? I spoke about a character, didnt shipping.......and again that site at least dont mix that site to the argument even admins warned us about it............ and last I dont live in western country
Nah, But still fanbase outside Japan is the same as western anyway even if you don't live in one of the western countries you still count as a western fanbase.

Last edited by Rejectors; 2017-10-28 at 15:54.
Rejectors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 15:29   Link #2377
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
how you know it? Maybe you are working with the author together..... and besides, this is strange he doesnt favour her but his twitter's avatar is Horikita
no one puts one's own avatar who doesnt love a girl that is why dont be silly.
She's the deuteragonist for the first few vol of his currently hot novels. She's also easy on the eyes, a female, not a thor like Kushida. As such, he doesn't need to love her to put her on his Twitter avatar, merely something so that other people can glance at and know that this is the Twitter of Youjitsu's author.

Sides, Twitter is just one of many many many social networks. He could use Hori for Twitter, Kiyo for FB, and then his phone screen is Karuizawa.

Quote:
What matter isn't the number of scenes, but the quality of it.

For example, Alice. She only directly interacted with Kiyo once, yet that meeting alone gave us a small insights into Kiyo past and goals: he was from a White Room and want to be defeated to beat his father.

With Karuizawa, we see Kiyo acting a lot more differently than with Hori. I mean, the guy used both Hori and Karuizawa in his schemes but notices the aftermath: he was certainly a lot more tender and caring when he was with karuizawa then Hori.

With Ichinose, it's the contrast between them. Ichinose is friendly, outgoing and stand out. Kiyo is stoic introverted and is easily ignored. Their methods of dealing with people is also contrasting: Ichinose trust and o trusted by her class, Kiyo only trust a few and is low on the class trust list as a whole.

And Hori? Not that much.
Old 2017-10-28, 16:02   Link #2378
Endless_Despair

Quote:
and besides, I dont delude yourself. I dont know where do you make it up ....... shipping argument? I spoke about a character, didnt shipping.......
You seem confused so I'll explain: Delusion is maintaining a strong belief or impression of something despite being contradicted by a rational argument. Basically you're insisting that Horikita x Ayanokouji shipping is going to happen despite there currently being overwhelming evidence that goes against this belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
It's easier to discuss the novel on 5ch than here that's for sure. It's hard to discuss with people who haven't been able to read as far to the latest volume. Hopefully that will change with more translators on the board.
If you're still around Cinnamon may I ask if you plan on doing more translating on Volume 4.5 because the guy that's translating currently is planning to do so after finishing Volume 4 but won't if you still plan to translate that Volume.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 16:15   Link #2379
Cinnamon

Quote:
You seem confused so I'll explain: Delusion is maintaining a strong belief or impression of something despite being contradicted by a rational argument. Basically you're insisting that Horikita x Ayanokouji shipping is going to happen despite there currently being overwhelming evidence that goes against this belief.

If you're still around Cinnamon may I ask if you plan on doing more translating on Volume 4.5 because the guy that's translating currently is planning to do so after finishing Volume 4 but won't if you still plan to translate that Volume.
I'm just going to finish that chapter only so I'm looking forward for him to do the rest
Old 2017-10-28, 16:43   Link #2380
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
The most dynamic scene for me would have to be Ayanokouji's monologue in Volume 3, or end of the anime where Ayanokouji states that he never considered Horikita an ally or even a classmate and he views everybody as nothing but tools.

I believe Ichinose would make a better heroine for a spin-off, while Sakura is just as good as an OVA material. Honestly, I got little to discuss here while there are many, MANY naysayers here.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller