AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 23:16   Link #2361
tanqexe

Zeta using psycho-kinetic energy to dispel Yazan's beam shots, then growing its beam saber to I don't know how long...that seemed pretty voodoo to me. With something like that, the Zeta could've gone toe to toe with mobile suits 50 years its senior.

Oh, while I was going through that list on GN particle properties, I've been meaning to ask...does anyone know how the E-Sensor works? And how do GN drive mobile suits communicate through GN particle blankets - focused laser communication? Optical transmission like when Setsuna signaled Ali the very first time they fought?
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 23:30   Link #2362
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqexe View Post
Finally I've realize that 0 Gundam is way more cooler than RX-78 Gundam.
I think Turn A broke the technological barrier while 00 Raiser broke all senses.
Both of them truly doesn't make sense & are the most strongest gundam.

Well Zeta gundam need a powerful pilot to utilize it h4xx power.
Old 2009-01-14, 23:44   Link #2363
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, while I was going through that list on GN particle properties, I've been meaning to ask...does anyone know how the E-Sensor works? And how do GN drive mobile suits communicate through GN particle blankets - focused laser communication? Optical transmission like when Setsuna signaled Ali the very first time they fought?
Not sure what the E-Sensor is supposed to be, no info's been released for it yet, all we know is that it's the primary means of scanning and detection in a GN Particle environment. As for communication, Season 2 explicitly mentions "Line of Sight communication", which presumably works like the laser coms in UC (hence why thick smoke could block communications).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:21   Link #2364
tanqexe

Drat, was hoping some obscure tech manual would have that info since E-sensor's been mentioned several times already. How about remote controlled weapons - Fangs and shield bits? Any info on the method of signal input and feedback?

While going through the HD version of ep 14, I came across this gem, dunno if anyone else noticed:

Spoiler for Arche:

It looks like 00 Raiser can pick up GN[T] suits using infrared thermography. Does that mean GN[T] particles are less efficient at disrupting infrared or is the construction of GN[T] suits just not as efficient as the CB equivalents at cooling electronics and servo motors?
Old 2009-01-15, 00:28   Link #2365
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

As an added observation, when the thermography was shown the Arche was within visual range already.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-01-15, 00:30   Link #2366
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:

Spoiler for Arche:

This allow I think to know who are friends or enemies
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:42   Link #2367
tanqexe

Interesting that the Arche showed up on...E-sensors? with an FOF tag of HS. Then the sensor system zooms into a thermographic image, and finally a long range visual image.

Something else from ep 14:

Spoiler for FMS:

FMS = Flight Managemeent System
SMS = Safety Management System
HSD = Horizontal Situation Display
JTIDS = Joint Tactical Information Distribution System

Any idea what A/E RFD, OBT RFD mean?
Old 2009-01-15, 00:51   Link #2368
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Pretty sure that an E-Sensor is something that's supposed to track energy signatures and heat sources. And it's not just CB who used E-Sensors, back in early season 1 the AEU, HRL and Union bases would get reports of "sudden blips on the E-sensor" when a Gundam would come by.

OBT RFD = Out Bound Transmission Radio Frequency Device/Detector/Distribution.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:56   Link #2369
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Pretty sure that an E-Sensor is something that's supposed to track energy signatures and heat sources. And it's not just CB who used E-Sensors, back in early season 1 the AEU, HRL and Union bases would get reports of "sudden blips on the E-sensor" when a Gundam would come by.
I don't remember the world power blocs using E-Sensors in season 1, only standard radar, hence why the Gundams were so effective at evading them. It was only in season 2 where I remember the A-Laws and ESF using E-Sensors. If you could point me to a scene I'd appreciate it.

I assume that the 00 Raiser's ability to pick up objects using thermography is a function of the O-Raiser supposedly having "sensors more advanced than on any mobile suit" (from the 1/100 O-Raiser and 00 Raiser manuals).

Interesting spotting of the JTIDS there, for those who would like to know more about it:

Joint Tactical Information Distribution System

Old 2009-01-15, 01:00   Link #2370
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I don't remember the world power blocs using E-Sensors in season 1, only standard radar, hence why the Gundams were so effective at evading them. It was only in season 2 where I remember the A-Laws and ESF using E-Sensors. If you could point me to a scene I'd appreciate it.
Okay, the HRL were using E-Sensors to track debris flying around the low orbital ring in season 1 episode 1. That's the first one I came across.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 01:15   Link #2371
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
It already broke all senses.

It turned into particles, even Turn A Gundam can't do that.
That was just an after image MADE of GN Particles....I think....
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 01:30   Link #2372
tanqexe

Hmm...OBT RFD might also mean Optical Burst Transmission Receiving and Forwarding Display, since we do know that the Gundams can utilize optical burst communication.

I wonder if E-sensors are similar to Doppler or OTH (over the horizon) radars that can only detect moving objects. These use microwave frequency waves instead of radio; the higher energy associated with microwaves may be sufficient to pierce through areas of substantial GN particle density.

Oh, I just noticed that the head and part of the upper torso of the Arche detaches from the main body and folds into the backpack/escape pod.
Old 2009-01-15, 06:20   Link #2373
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
The destructive power of a GN beam should be akin to the mechanics of the UC mega particle cannon - the higher the beam compression, concentration, and/or velocity, the greater penetration and collateral damage of the beam. Considering the 00 Raiser can out-produce GN particles over the Seravee, it'd just be a matter of how well the 00 Raiser can variably charge, focus, and direct its beams. Based on the last 3 episodes, it seems like it can.

Outside of GundamWiki, Wikipedia, and MAHQ, I can't seem to find much about the 0 Gundam. I did find this page, though I don't know if it has info that isn't already covered:

http://wcloudxkumo.wordpress.com/200...undam-preview/

Woah,the 0-Gundam looks so cool.And it actually shoots green beams!!!!!

I just wish they would create a HG version of it.......-_-

So,the way to communicate in a GN Particles filled enviroment is though this "Line of Sight Method"?Interesting,so does it use light or lasers?I'm glad they decided to explain it a bit and just simply made up,"CB created a bypass".
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 10:28   Link #2374
RDF2050
Superidol

RFD = my nickname RDF XD?
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 10:41   Link #2375
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That was just an after image MADE of GN Particles....I think....
No...no...I seriously think it was more than an afterimage... coz the 00 was scattered into particles and faded , then the particles moved and gathered to be the 00 raiser again on the new position... Seriously...it's somekind of a haxx...
I demand a rational Explanation like the other Gundam Techs!!

that aside...Anyone know if the Trial System can only shut down GN-Drive Mobile suits or any Mobile Suits regardless of Power generator??
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 10:50   Link #2376
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The official description of the Trial System only mentions the ability to shut down GN Drive equipped mobile suits connected to Veda.

Old 2009-01-15, 10:51   Link #2377
T.V.

Quote:
So I'm trying to figure out this whole GN particle thing:

1. It's a byproduct of the GN drive, but not used for power generation
2. It glows, but then likely disappears after a while.
3. It can be manipulated using some kind of field (electromagnetic?)
4. It's capable of being condensed, channeled, and focused for a) multidirectional thrust (note the lack of verniers on GN drive-equipped MS), b) beam weaponry, c) shielding (indicating its ability to form lattices), and d) preserving and enhancing sharp blades
4. It has high specific heat, allowing a ship with crap for aerodynamics safe atmospheric entry at high speed
5. At low velocities it can penetrate through solid walls (GN particle swirls during 00 Raiser Trans-Am startup, Ali's cockpit in ep 14) but it's also capable of developing high kinetic energy and transferring that energy on impact (beam weapons, GN blades)
6. It reduces the weight of objects in the immediate environment
7. It disrupts radio and radar, does not produce heat emissions due to the GN drive's invisibility to IR search-and-track (how the heck does Ptolemy 2 track enemies then - computerized optical analysis?)
8. It facilitates rapid communication via quantum brainwaves (does it have to be brainwaves?)
9. At high enough density it allows objects to undergo quantization and teleportation (??)
10. At high particle density it can repel kinetic, heat, and beam attacks

Am I missing anything?
In season 1 Dr. Eifmann mentioned that GN particles have photon-like properties, IIRC.
Perhaps that explains a GN particles nature to be both wave- and particle-like in behaviour.

GN particle = photon with Higgs-Boson related properties?

Whatever the case, the GN particle is able to transposition it's own characteristics to normal matter, turning the 00Raiser into photonlike waves, materializing on the other side of the Garazzo (matter pasing through matter without contact); during its combat debut.
Quote:
I believe for the communication issue, you already answered that one yourself.
Innovators seem to be able to communicate with the aid of their 'GN' Quantum Brainwaves, unhindered by GN particle interference.
Infact GN particles seem to amplify reception and transmission ability, as seen in 00Raiser's test at CB's Lagrange-3 facility.

So, I reckon Mobile Suits use a GN quantum wave based radio system, and perhaps even in that sense a 'GN radar' (passive and active) which I presume the E-sensor to be.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 10:57   Link #2378
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Zeta using psycho-kinetic energy to dispel Yazan's beam shots, then growing its beam saber to I don't know how long...that seemed pretty voodoo to me. With something like that, the Zeta could've gone toe to toe with mobile suits 50 years its senior.

Ah which episode was this?I really would like to watch that again for the optical communication thingy.Was it the Moralia fight?
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 11:03   Link #2379
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The official description of the Trial System only mentions the ability to shut down GN Drive equipped mobile suits connected to Veda.
huh??... I thought it also shuts down Thrones whhich have the fake GN-Drives... and how come The fake GN-D also connected to Veda??
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 11:03   Link #2380
T.V.

Quote:
Interesting that the Arche showed up on...E-sensors? with an FOF tag of HS. Then the sensor system zooms into a thermographic image, and finally a long range visual image.

Something else from ep 14:

Spoiler for FMS:

FMS = Flight Managemeent System
SMS = Safety Management System
HSD = Horizontal Situation Display
JTIDS = Joint Tactical Information Distribution System

Lol
NATO system terminology used by CB.
Gundam00 once again shows its staff's meticulous research prowess.

Guesswork:
A/E RFD = Actual/Active Emission ReFerence Datum? (signal strength based view) or Attack/Egress ReFerence Datum (relative/closure speed based view)
OBT RFD = OrBiTal ReFerence Datum? (orbit based view)
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote