Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 17:09   Link #2361
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Heh of course in truth they wouldn't team up unless it was similar to Piccolo and Goku, but sadly 17 is arrogant so it would never happen, but yea think about it Piccolo was able to fuse with Kami before( or has that happened yet) and fight on equal terms with imperfect cell and in truth he was stronger than imperfect cell. Now get Imperfect Cell's second form and add 17 to it then they might have a chance at the least 17 wouldn't have been absorbed
Piccolo fused with Kami before he went against first form Cell and was able to fight on equal terms with him. Now sure 17 and Piccolo are at about the same power level, though we don't know just how much of a power increase Cell has taken, so it's impossible to say that a joined up team of Piccolo and Cell would be able to take him down.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:18   Link #2362
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Piccolo fused with Kami before he went against first form Cell and was able to fight on equal terms with him. Now sure 17 and Piccolo are at about the same power level, though we don't know just how much of a power increase Cell has taken, so it's impossible to say that a joined up team of Piccolo and Cell would be able to take him down.
Edited
Sorry I got to end this I can't reveal to you Cell's power increase[ although I know from watching the original animated series
Old 2010-09-28, 17:19   Link #2363
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Sorry I got to end this I can't reveal to you on the second form of Cell's power although I know from watching the original animated series
Second form Cell? What? We're not talking about that.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:21   Link #2364
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Second form Cell? What? We're not talking about that.
I'll change that
Old 2010-09-28, 17:28   Link #2365
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really don't think there was anything more that could have been done from Piccolo or 17 in this situation. Though I suppose one question I have is if 17 was getting weakened from that fight with Piccolo. Sure he said his energy doesn't drop, but still does that mean his body can put out 100% effort if it gets damaged? Of course regardless it just doesn't seem like they would have been able to do much more against Cell. He just massacred way too many people and went far above Piccolo. If he had attacked fewer guys then there might have been a chance.

Now a different story might have been if everyone on that battlefield jumped Cell the moment he showed up.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:43   Link #2366
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Sorry I got to end this I can't reveal to you Cell's power increase[ although I know from watching the original animated series
I've seen the original Z and read the manga, and Cell's first form power level at this point in the story is never mentioned, so i've no idea what you're on about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Now a different story might have been if everyone on that battlefield jumped Cell the moment he showed up.
One would wonder why it takes so long for 16 to join the battle, though knowing the type of character he is, he wouldn't want to show up 17, because at this point 17 has no idea that 16 is stronger then him. I love how much of a nice guy 16 is.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:49   Link #2367
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
One would wonder why it takes so long for 16 to join the battle, though knowing the type of character he is, he wouldn't want to show up 17, because at this point 17 has no idea that 16 is stronger then him. I love how much of a nice guy 16 is.
I'm pretty sure Piccolo doesn't share that sentiment . Just seems silly how long it took anyone else to take action. I mean 18 is no slouch and 16 with his sensors knows precisely how dangerous this situation is. But yeah let's just stand by and see how it goes.....
Old 2010-09-28, 17:52   Link #2368
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Just seems silly how long it took anyone else to take action.
Not really if you think about it. Piccolo was stuck in shocked mode, and the Androids had no idea what was going on.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:53   Link #2369
secretzfan
*Fansubber

[QUOTE=Shiroth;3270189]I've seen the original Z and read the manga, and Cell's first form power level at this point in the story is never mentioned, so i've no idea what you're on about.

Good you've seen the original that makes it a bit easier. Well then if what have seing as they have yet to absorb #17 that means he is still in imperfect form so Piccolo's fusion with Kami was able to fight on the same level before right so even if he got a power boost he still hasn't reached his next form so he if 17 and Piccolo join forces and Piccolo was at 100% after fusing with Kami he should be able to beat Imperfect cell as long as he doesn't transform
Old 2010-09-28, 18:07   Link #2370
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Good you've seen the original that makes it a bit easier. Well then if what have seing as they have yet to absorb #17 that means he is still in imperfect form so Piccolo's fusion with Kami was able to fight on the same level before right so even if he got a power boost he still hasn't reached his next form so he if 17 and Piccolo join forces and Piccolo was at 100% after fusing with Kami he should be able to beat Imperfect cell as long as he doesn't transform
Spoiler for The Cell Power Question:
Old 2010-09-28, 18:13   Link #2371
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Well I can say after reading that 5 times I'm still not quite sure what your point is. Ok Piccolo after the fusion was certainly able to handle Imperfect Cell at the first encounter and probably would have won if Cell hadn't run. Cell then gets a ridiculous power boost by absorbing a lot of people and thus passes Piccolo in power. The thing is that Cell's form doesn't change based on the amount of power he has. It changes after he absorbs the required androids. The computer designed Cell to absorb those two and reach a 'perfect' state, it didn't set a power level calculator that said 'change form at "X power level."

Besides joining forces isn't the same as fusion. Piccolo could have dragged Nail to Dendei to heal him up, but them fighting together against Freeza wouldn't have gone the same. People working together doesn't quite stack that way.
With the last paragraph you defiantly didn't get it. I know Cell needs the androids to become perfect, but it isn't like absorbing a bunch of humans is going to make his power level sky rocket, because that is what it sounds like. Imperfect Cell would have had a slight increase in his power through humans , but if Piccolo teamed up with 17 (not fuse) and Piccolo was still fused with Kami (Not teamed up) they both should have been able to beat imperfect cell
Old 2010-09-28, 19:10   Link #2372
GDB

Quote:
Piccolo fused with Kami before he went against first form Cell and was able to fight on equal terms with him.
Actually, Piccolo was quite a fair bit stronger than Cell.

1) He hadn't taken off his weighted clothes yet.
2) He sacrificed an arm and its proportionate amount of energy, which Cell gained, and he was still able to seriously threaten Cell.

Though I do agree with Piccolo on one thing. How many people did Cell absorb to get that much stronger? Knowing how ridiculously strong these guys are (SSJ Goku at 15m and Frieza at 12m back on Namek, and everyone's insanely stronger now), and how weak the average human is (power level of about 5, as per the Farmer with a Shotgun), he must've absorbed an entire continent's worth of humans.

Quote:
With the last paragraph you defiantly didn't get it. I know Cell needs the androids to become perfect, but it isn't like absorbing a bunch of humans is going to make his power level sky rocket, because that is what it sounds like.
Except it quite clearly says this is what happened. He absorbed an asston of humans and far surpassed Piccolo and A17/A18.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 19:12   Link #2373
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, Piccolo was quite a fair bit stronger than Cell.

1) He hadn't taken off his weighted clothes yet.
2) He sacrificed an arm and its proportionate amount of energy, which Cell gained, and he was still able to seriously threaten Cell.

Though I do agree with Piccolo on one thing. How many people did Cell absorb to get that much stronger? Knowing how ridiculously strong these guys are (SSJ Goku at 15m and Frieza at 12m back on Namek, and everyone's insanely stronger now), and how weak the average human is (power level of about 5, as per the Farmer with a Shotgun), he must've absorbed an entire continent's worth of humans.

Except it quite clearly says this is what happened. He absorbed an asston of humans and far surpassed Piccolo and A17/A18.
But did it say Piccolo fused with Kami
Old 2010-09-28, 19:13   Link #2374
GDB

Quote:
But did it say Piccolo fused with Kami
What? He obviously fused with Kami. Namekians don't unfuse once they fuse. They're like that forever.
Old 2010-09-28, 19:17   Link #2375
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
What? He obviously fused with Kami. Namekians don't unfuse once they fuse. They're like that forever.
Yup that is true well it was only a what if for if he was at 100% when fighting imperfect cell

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-09-28 at 21:31.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 19:45   Link #2376
GDB

Quote:
Yup that is true well it was only a what if he wa at 100% when fighting imperfect cell
With how afraid Piccolo was just of Cell appearing, and how he didn't do a damned thing to Cell even with his super special awesome attack, I don't think being at full power would've changed much. He might've gotten one or two good hits in, but otherwise the outcome likely would've been the same.
Old 2010-09-28, 19:48   Link #2377
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
With how afraid Piccolo was just of Cell appearing, and how he didn't do a damned thing to Cell even with his super special awesome attack, I don't think being at full power would've changed much. He might've gotten one or two good hits in, but otherwise the outcome likely would've been the same.
If only he finished him the first time they fought
Old 2010-09-28, 19:49   Link #2378
GDB

Quote:
If only he finished him the first time they fought
That's the case for pretty much every fight other than the fight against Raditz.
Old 2010-09-28, 19:50   Link #2379
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
That's the case for pretty much every fight other than the fight against Raditz.
lol the weakest character couldn't get out, but the one after him could
Old 2010-09-28, 20:50   Link #2380
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
At least in this case can't really put much blame on Piccolo. Got hit with a surprise move and actually spent every moment he could trying to track Cell down. Damn the ability for just about anyone to use that technique .