AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 02:03   Link #23841
Eratas123

She was wearing her business suit. I doubt you can carry a softball in your skirt or slacks pocket. Also, there was no bag mentioned and it said she was just running away. Besides that, I don' see a physical core on any IS at all.
Old 2012-02-25, 02:10   Link #23842
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She was still in her business suit while piloting arachne?

The lack of physical confirmation tells us that it must be so small that it's not bulging out at all.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 02:13   Link #23843
Eratas123

Yes, she was in her suit. The narration mentions the suit fabric ripping from the back when the spider arms came out.
Old 2012-02-25, 02:21   Link #23844
demino_hellsin
That one guy

suit rips open when arachne came out--->arachne blew up and Autumn made a run for it---->it was not implied that she was wearing a piloting suit---->the frame, which was under the suit, was destroyed via self-destruct.

ergo

Suit---->IS--->???

So in conclusion

WTF?!?!?
Old 2012-02-25, 02:23   Link #23845
Eratas123

Easy: She took off the IS before blowing it up. Notice that it said she got away, but one mistake would've led to her getting injured. If she wasn't injured, that means she wasn't in the blast radius. Granted, that means she was using a ripped from the back suit on her getaway, but she didn't have much of a choice.
Old 2012-02-25, 02:30   Link #23846
demino_hellsin
That one guy

All IS have gauntlet and leg armor component...don't they?
Old 2012-02-25, 02:35   Link #23847
Eratas123

Not really. Here's Kanzashi's: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...07_008-009.JPG
Old 2012-02-25, 02:39   Link #23848
demino_hellsin
That one guy

leg parts still apply @_@ well, that ends that... disturbing...
Old 2012-02-25, 02:44   Link #23849
Eratas123

I'm saying that not all of them have the gauntlets. Presumably they need the boots for propulsion.
Old 2012-02-25, 03:34   Link #23850
DarkJak2050

If IS actually continues to Vol. 8 and on, I hope that it passes November. Because I have plans for my fic if it goes that far.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 03:40   Link #23851
Eratas123

Most likely will. Anyway, going to take a nap. See ya guys later.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:03   Link #23852
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@stratos: the arete freaks me out. The outshift is a one time permanent thing or a loan?
It freaked you out? How?

As for the Outshift, it's a permanent thing. Costing an Uchigane in the process.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:04   Link #23853
DarkJak2050

Dude, have you seen this?

Spoiler for Classroom Lunch Scene:

It's not much, but better than nothing...
Old 2012-02-25, 04:09   Link #23854
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: When I read how Arete came into existence, I was like "Congratulations. It's a boy!" or something like that

The design itself doesn't have any problems. Though I do wonder how many ammo types do those cannons carry @_@
Old 2012-02-25, 04:12   Link #23855
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I thought the Silverback thingy was meant to be a top-secret project. Guess I missed a memo somewhere...

@Demi

You're... not entirely incorrect with that statement. Only thing is the Arete is for Tsurugi.

As for the ammo types, I take it you're referring to the Proioxis' Athena remote bits? They're basically the complete incarnation of the ALL the Minerva's handheld ranged weapons into one:

Stark (high explosive caliber rounds) - Pitone rail cannons
Solid - Ingram Rifle
Beam - Ingram Rifle
Impact - Acre Rifle
Magnus (Barrier-penetrating bullets) - Mach Magnus
Old 2012-02-25, 04:24   Link #23856
DarkJak2050

While it's under development, yeah. But when it's complete, then it's ready for unveiling.

Oh I got something to ask. You said that Inami's okay on arcade games, but well on shooters and car racing games, right? What about motorcycle racing games?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-02-25 at 04:35.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:34   Link #23857
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And thus I came into this dilemma.

The existence of Armored Stratos, should I unveil it or kept it a secret (in story I mean)? Because it's very existence scream "I.S. for guys".

Also, Stratos, you said It cost an Uchigane, did it also convert the core, or Arete use a copy Iwaki core (or something)?
Old 2012-02-25, 04:39   Link #23858
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: Mostly an ode I take it?

Explosive round makes sense for wider AoE

Solid makes for situations when energy rounds are rendered moot.

Energy rounds for when solid state just doesn't have the penetrating power

impact... conserve ammo?

Magnus... I initially thought keeping this was somewhat odd since you already have energy shot which goes through physical shields and solid shots that go through energy fields. Then I remembered GN sword >.>
Old 2012-02-25, 04:49   Link #23859
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Oh I got something to ask. You said that Inami's okay on arcade games, but well on shooters and car racing games, right? What about motorcycle racing games?
He's mediocre on shooters. Put him in something that involves intense speed and/or race and he'll boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
And thus I came into this dilemma.

The existence of Armored Stratos, should I unveil it or kept it a secret (in story I mean)? Because it's very existence scream "I.S. for guys".

Also, Stratos, you said It cost an Uchigane, did it also convert the core, or Arete use a copy Iwaki core (or something)?
The Iwaki core gets duplicated but it still requires a housing so it fuses with the Uchigane's core unit.

Only the AI unit, Fal, isn't duplicated during the process since the Outshift System is pretty much her "giving birth" to a new unit.

This is also the reason why the Arete and Proioxis units share a combination OOA.

Practically IS units in all but name, their functions still differ due to fact that the Arete and Proioxis is made for general-purpose combat instead of sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@stratos: Mostly an ode I take it?

Explosive round makes sense for wider AoE

Solid makes for situations when energy rounds are rendered moot.

Energy rounds for when solid state just doesn't have the penetrating power

impact... conserve ammo?

Magnus... I initially thought keeping this was somewhat odd since you already have energy shot which goes through physical shields and solid shots that go through energy fields. Then I remembered GN sword >.>
Aye aye

Aside from conserving ammo, the Impact ammo type can also be used for times where you want to stop someone/something without killing/destroying them.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:53   Link #23860
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But wait, it's Academy's Uchigane right? Wouldn't it cause some... erm, problems?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest