AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-27, 23:22   Link #221
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ It's been a while since I last read this and I never got too far, so I can't remember. Are there a lot of fights that would make no sense without narration? Mahouka was a prime example of this where the second half of the anime, people would have no clue what was going on in the fights if they didn't read the novels.
Old 2018-07-27, 23:34   Link #222
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^No, the fights are fine, as well as the cool scenes. That's why just for that the anime would be good.

Just that it would pale in comparison to the LN/WN because the setting of the world, many important informations are narration only. And one of the most amazing and interesting thing in Infinite Dendrogram is its world setting. So yeah, it's a shame to lose that in the anime.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 09:42   Link #223
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

It should be possible to adapt the series well in animated form, despite all the narration.

Log Horizon managed to do it by moving all the narration to the characters.
Old 2018-07-28, 09:59   Link #224
Outsider

Well, the manga is working out quite nicely despite all the lost narration, so I imagine an anime would work, too, at least in terms of substance.
As for style... HJ isn't exactly a rich publisher, so the animation quality and whatnot might end up being sub-par due to a lack of budget. Though who knows? Maybe all the awards it got would catch the attention of an investor or a decent studio.
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 13:13   Link #225
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

ufotable might be too much to hope for, but White Fox has put out some excellent LN adaptations.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 21:26   Link #226
bakato

Putting aside my reservations about Ray and some of the plot, Infinite Dendrogram's greatest and most apparent strength is its unique aesthetic. I can't praise Taiki enough for his striking colors and gorgeous designs that immediately capture the stray eye and set this work apart from its dull fantasy and vrmmorpg-saturated medium. Bringing this aesthetic to the screen will be the first step towards a successful and highly popular adaptation.

Infinite Dendrogram's second strength is its premise and world-building. Kaidou has created a tantalizing world of mysteries and secrets inhabited by colorful, fully realized characters who get just as many, if not more, pages than Ray. Critical to such a world, or any well developed world and premise, is internal consistency of its logic. Especially for a vrmmorpg setting, the rules of the game invites speculation and anticipation of their numerous applications. This will necessitate exposition dumps and as we all know "show, don't tell." Unlike the previous, this strength cannot be captured by good animation but by a skilled director and passionate staff. Scenes will have to be meticulously and creatively crafted in order to visually convey as many of the rules as possible, or as many as necessary.
Old 2018-08-09, 12:41   Link #227
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I've wondered this before, but really, how did Marie manage to beat the King of Plagues again?

Old 2018-08-09, 20:30   Link #228
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Who knows. iirc, it's the only opponent against whom she used all her colours. (might be remembering wrong)
Old 2018-08-15, 14:34   Link #229
TsundereRic

Question for WN readers. anything happen with gardranda after arc 4 or is the third skill still a mystery? same for silver's third skill?
TsundereRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 19:57   Link #230
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Third skill is revealed in arc 5 which will start in vol 8, so you'll see that in vol 9 of the LN. I'm pretty hyped for the illustration that will surely come with it.

For Silver it's a little special, the skill is still locked, but Silver can use it on his own (with the power reduced) if he thinks it's necessary.
Old 2018-08-15, 20:00   Link #231
TsundereRic

Sounds awesome. i can sort of take a wild guess but i doubt i'll get it right. care to give me a bit of a spoiler about both? i live for spoilers
Old 2018-08-15, 22:31   Link #232
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Can't say anything about Silver's because it's not known and he only used it once so far.

For the other:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-08-15, 23:29   Link #233
Outsider

Assuming Arc 5 is split into two volumes, we'll get Gardranda's third skill in vol 8, not 9.
Spoiler for Skill:
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 23:32   Link #234
TsundereRic

Word
Spoiler:

thanks for the replies. considering the pace at which they are releasing, would have been around half a year to a year before the reveal for me :v
Old 2018-08-16, 09:22   Link #235
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Spoiler for new chapter:

Old 2018-08-16, 12:02   Link #236
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Spoiler:
Old 2018-08-16, 12:40   Link #237
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2018-08-20, 06:09   Link #238
Hikaru8

Another questions, when does Ray get a new armor different from the one in volume 7. arc 5 or arc 6? Also, do we get to see main arcs happening in other kingdoms apart from Altar? And finally, do you think the author will incorporate the side story arcs after arc 5 (as you say it is really important to the main story)?
Hikaru8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-20, 07:51   Link #239
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^it was said previously that the next armour is in vol 8.

In a previous post it's also said (though in Japanese) that Ray in other countries will be in the next part of the novel. But there are other characters in other countries in the side stories.
Old 2018-08-20, 09:35   Link #240
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Volume 8 will be released in October.

Tags
high fantasy, science fiction, vrmmorpg