AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-12-27, 12:28   Link #221
Yesmilord

Hey guys, sorry if this an inappropriate place to put such a question but I've been yearning to ask: when is Clannad going to get really good? It's not that I haven't enjoyed it so far, but I feel like it has been floating above the surface of something much deeper.

Everyone talks about how amazing the Clannad story was, so I was just wondering how much longer till the serious stuff starts taking place.
Yesmilord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 12:46   Link #222
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmilord View Post
Hey guys, sorry if this an inappropriate place to put such a question but I've been yearning to ask: when is Clannad going to get really good? It's not that I haven't enjoyed it so far, but I feel like it has been floating above the surface of something much deeper.

Everyone talks about how amazing the Clannad story was, so I was just wondering how much longer till the serious stuff starts taking place.
There are two groups of people in relation to your question; the newcomers who can't answer your question as they don't know more than you do, and the game veterans who won't answer your question because they can't do so without spoiling you.

If we're talking about the "something much deeper" which CLANNAD "has been floating above the surface" of, relax. The track records of AIR and Kanon indicates that CLANNAD, like its predecessors, won't really get real good until the second half. as it is, we're nowhere near there yet, so just enjoy the ride for now.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 13:06   Link #223
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

so, is it going to be a very sad story like air? or more of a melodramatic one like kanon?

air's story was too sad dang =(
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 19:47   Link #224
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
so, is it going to be a very sad story like air? or more of a melodramatic one like kanon?

air's story was too sad dang =(
CLANNAD's story is teary, but in a different fashion compared to AIR and Kanon. Teas you shed from CLANNAD are warm from the family-ish love you see in CLANNAD. It's not a sad story, nor is it a melodramatic story. Crying in CLANNAD is depletes much less energy compared to the previous two mentioned.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 09:55   Link #225
savk696

Appologise for the spoiler tags, anyways i work it out, Thank you everyone for the help

Last edited by savk696; 2007-12-29 at 23:48.
savk696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 17:37   Link #226
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

ok dunno if Ishould ask this but is it possible to play the clannad game on a psp any type of pps that is because Im confused with this

http://translate.google.com/translat...3DvjQ%26sa%3DG
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:56   Link #227
theused69
Viral marketing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well, that is a suggestion of iamandragon to save some time. You are not oblidged to put a save, but it save some time (though you can always use "jump to next choice" or CTRL instead).

And, yes, if you didn't finish Misae's route before Tomoyo, you won't be able to get her scene during the school festival during Tomoyo's route, and therefore, you will not be able to get Misae's light.
Ok thanks. I must be on the right track then.

Also made a crucial mistake there. Sanae is not Misae. She's my favorite you know, though I should be playing Nagisa's arc the last. Damn I miss that mom
theused69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 07:03   Link #228
Dragula

I've got a quick question for the game. After getting the translation patch, I've gone through all the routes with the help of the guide in this thread( which is mildly confusing, but still excellent, by the way), but some stuff isn't translated. Could someone just spoil the illusionary world thing, and the after story for me?
Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 07:18   Link #229
GyroidFanatic

Illusionary World translation: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...annad:SEEN6900

And as for After Story, just wait until it's translated. It's pretty damn long itself and a big part of the story.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 07:27   Link #230
Dragula

Well... I'd at least like to know what direction it takes in terms of the ending. Is it a good end? as in happy? or is it tragic and soul crushing? I've heard different things about it, and knowing KEY, I'm sort of expecting the latter, which would well... suck.

I'm impatient and don't mind having the end spoiled for me, But I guess I understand if you don't care to spoil it for anyone.
Old 2007-12-31, 07:28   Link #231
Dragula

Thanks for the link to the illusionary world translation, too.
Old 2008-01-01, 01:47   Link #232
asuradeadeye

http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~maguni/game/clannad.htm

that is the guide made years ago. if you can't read it, put the site into babelfish translation, though you may require like kindergarden-level japanese for babelfish errors (like 'it shoots' for 'ignore', and 'satoshi generation' for 'sakagami tomoyo')

and that site has dozens of guides for other games if you want to check it out
asuradeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 02:12   Link #233
GyroidFanatic

We also have this English guide posted at the beginning of the thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=56
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 17:05   Link #234
Infornography

Guys, after registering here years ago. And buying my copies of Clannad and Tomoyo After ( could only find the PS2 version...sigh... ) years ago, I finally started to use this board thanks to this thread. I can't read japanese ( I'm learning for work though ) and this thread has given me life again. I finally cracked open my Clannad Game after dusting it off and began busting through.

I won't do any spoilers but I have to say that

Tomoyo and Kyou's Route made me all misty eyed. And that's a tough thing to do considering I'm a pretty tough and big guy ( I used to work as a bouncer for a local club ). Thanks to Tomoyo and Kyou's route had me locked in my room on new years eve, straight through new years day with the occassional "WHY GODS!?" scream echoing from my apt.

Just wanted to say my piece, and say "thank you" to everyone contributing in this thread.

And I haven't tried Nagisa's route yet, i'm trying to do everyone else's first to get the after scene and also wait till it gets translated. ( Donate Money to the Clannad Translation Project! Beer Money = Good! )
Infornography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 19:46   Link #235
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Do you read Chinese? If yes, I can link you to the patch download site for the Chinese version of Tomoya After.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 20:20   Link #236
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
I can link you to the patch download site for the Chinese version of Tomoya After
I'll take that offer too, if it's alright. >_<
ZhangKhaiEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 21:43   Link #237
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Do you read Chinese? If yes, I can link you to the patch download site for the Chinese version of Tomoya After.
If it's simplified, may I have it as well?
Old 2008-01-01, 22:11   Link #238
Infornography

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Well, I don't read Chinese, but I'm willing to abduct my chinese friend for a day or two until she reads me all the dialogue. So please link me to it!
Infornography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 23:58   Link #239
Dragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuradeadeye View Post
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~maguni/game/clannad.htm

that is the guide made years ago. if you can't read it, put the site into babelfish translation, though you may require like kindergarden-level japanese for babelfish errors (like 'it shoots' for 'ignore', and 'satoshi generation' for 'sakagami tomoyo')

and that site has dozens of guides for other games if you want to check it out
Yeah... I'm not really able to make much sense of even the babelfish translation. I have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese/ Chinese.
Old 2008-01-02, 00:54   Link #240
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Go here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=56