AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-28, 06:23   Link #221
pervypig

Persona animes are never about action after all, but I got to say tat I like P4's plot and MC better. The characters in P5 all have some sob story, but it's like, " ...uh... so?". For an MC, Ren is a frigging cardboard... even when he changes into his persona. I think Morgana's bout the only thing I like bout this anime.

A running joke seem to be that the names used by mangas and the animes in all the adaptations of Persona games are always different.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 07:08   Link #222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think the joke is people who just can't get over the fact that manga names aren't canon.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 15:00   Link #223
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It's called operation maid watch, of course it's going to be about who you think it is. HYPED!
Operation Maid Watch is next? Oh boy! Now THAT I'm looking forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The boss fight was so bad. I'm giving up on ever seeing a decent battle in this show. The rest was okay I guess, but it feels like they're just going through the motions/ticking the boxes. It's plain boring.

If the next episode is about who I think it is, it will be the best so far.
Well to be fair P4A wasn't particularly know for its battles so I wasn't really expecting anything else from this one. It's all about the social links confidants!
Old 2018-06-02, 17:53   Link #224
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected, that was the best episode so far. They did a good job fusing Kawakami and Ryuji's social links, and giving Ren a bit more personality in the process. Kawakami's story isn't done, but I don't think the anime is going to dive into it any further and will instead leave it at that.

They even included some Ann fanservice as a nice bonus.
Old 2018-06-02, 18:11   Link #225
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

As I hope. Ren got more fleshed out. Still, I don't know how to describe how the writers are making him. I mean he acts like a teenager but he tends to be shy as well as a brave. I guess I would say he locked himself during that weird flashback of his own past.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 00:55   Link #226
Random14

Nice that they focus on the Social Links before the next big arc starts. Although the kids at that school are still annoying. Everybody is still flinching when Ren just walks by. Not to mention Ryuji and his former track team, talk about angry (understandable, but still).

I liked the way they merged together the two plots, it felt natural and gave more insight into Ren's personality. He's shy but too nice to leave things alone if he can help somehow.

Didn't care for the sudden Ann fanservice, but meh, whatever, that's nothing new for P5. And ugh, that maid intro is still so awkward (especially the way the other two abandon him). Looking forward to the next episode, new arc, and best girl is getting the focus.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 03:20   Link #227
linkboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As expected, that was the best episode so far. They did a good job fusing Kawakami and Ryuji's social links, and giving Ren a bit more personality in the process. Kawakami's story isn't done, but I don't think the anime is going to dive into it any further and will instead leave it at that.

They even included some Ann fanservice as a nice bonus.
The show's 24 eps long so Kawakami will get more time as will the dr. First cour will probably wrap up with this new arc.
linkboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 04:24   Link #228
Tormenk

This episode was surprisingly good. The pace was still rather fast but mixing together the two confident arcs payed off quite well giving development for Ren, Ryuji and Kawakami. And the anime continues the trend of not holding back as well. It's rather plain to see in the anime the maid-services have a very shady side to them.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 04:50   Link #229
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Special service unlocked: massage <3

I assume they're done with Ryuji and Kawakami for the anime, even getting this far is pretty good though. Next up, JUSTICE! If we take an extra episode per arc to flesh out confidants, we're going to need another 6 episodes or so...

Notes: Ren picks up Arsene's book at the library. Mishima puts down a Medjed cover magazine when meeting up with Ren. The answer to the question asked in the classroom is, in fact, Leblanc. It's good to see so many things making it to the anime, even if "making it" means getting a couple seconds of air time. That includes the common bath geezer boiling the water and Fox drawing Mementos.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 11:01   Link #230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkboy83 View Post
The show's 24 eps long so Kawakami will get more time as will the dr. First cour will probably wrap up with this new arc.
I doubt that they'll go back to Kawakami. There is still a lot of material to cover.
Old 2018-06-03, 13:04   Link #231
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm sad to say that Kawakami's hair was still not fluffly enough. I am dissapoint.
Old 2018-06-03, 23:19   Link #232
Mistyclear

I just want to watch the whole clear MC’s name scenes—please tell me they get the jerk who got the MC on probation, I’ll be pissed if he gets off scott free.
Also hopefully the cafe owner treats the MC better from now on. This whole isolation thing annoys me.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 00:40   Link #233
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
As I hope. Ren got more fleshed out. Still, I don't know how to describe how the writers are making him. I mean he acts like a teenager but he tends to be shy as well as a brave. I guess I would say he locked himself during that weird flashback of his own past.
Look at how happy he is when he is said to be, "Looks more mature".

I'd say Ren is closer to usual teenager that want to be seen as mature, dependable ones.
Quite explaining why Ren could acting all brave under his Phantom Thieves job. Its like, "Behold, this is my adult, reliable self that you won't see it coming!" chuuni-kind of mindset. A good start before we got a real glimpse of his past.

Old 2018-06-04, 01:58   Link #234
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm sad to say that Kawakami's hair was still not fluffly enough. I am dissapoint.
We got two floofy haired goddesses in one episode. Clearly your standards are once again too high.

That said it feels like this series is handling the Confidants much better than how P4 animation handled the S.Links. A lot of the in-between stuff in the Confidants can be cut out as long as they keep at least the last 2 since they're the most important. I appreciate the closure to Ryuji's Confidant, but I still think they can give a proper one to Kawakami in like less than 3 minutes.

And next week second best girl story begins!

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2018-06-04 at 02:14.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 13:29   Link #235
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Emmm, very subtle Phantom Thieves. They were working to hide their identities but when Goro makes one comment about them, they yell about it in a public area, accidentally revealing it to the girl.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 14:47   Link #236
pervypig

Not like there's anything anyone can prove about them being "thieves who steal hearts in a circus-freak world" anyway. In fact even if the stud-pres reported them to the police, the police would more likely take her recording for a prank since there's no proof and no break-ins or any victims who prosecute. They're just helping out cos that's their goal all along.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 16:03   Link #237
AntonKutovoi

This episode also introduced new voice actors for Chihaya Mifune and Junya Kaneshiro (since Miyu Matsuki and Kazunari Tanaka passed away, sadly). Chihaya's new VA is Haruka Terui (Horou in "Toukiden Kiwami", Yuna Yuki in "Yuna Yuki is a Hero"), while Junya is voiced by Takahiro Fujimoto (Fukushima Masanori in "Samurai Warriors" series, Eric in "God Eater").
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 16:51   Link #238
Random14

Yes, they animated it! I was afraid that they wouldn't cover her "surveillance" (while still showing her good character). I was pleasantly surprised by how many characters they included in one episode, between the shogi idol (I hope she gets some lines later) and the fortune teller and then the reporter lady. Just wish they hadn't included those two Shinjuku guys, but unfortunately that's part of Persona's "humor" too.

Yeah, they're not good at this laying low thing, are they? Between Ryuji and Ann venting about their activities in loud voices at school. Funny how Yusuke is both more eccentric and more serious, or at least is taking their activities more seriously than the rest of them. While proving they're the Phantom Thieves would be hard, Ren is still on probation, so any scrutiny would be bad for him at least, much less the rest of them. And as Makato pointed out, its kind of suspicious that all the "victims" are gathering together right after.

Glad Makato's arc has started, though this is their most dangerous heist yet considering they're going after a real life mobster. Their first two big targets were despicable people, but this guy has his own gang.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 18:31   Link #239
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
This episode also introduced new voice actors for Chihaya Mifune and Junya Kaneshiro (since Miyu Matsuki and Kazunari Tanaka passed away, sadly). Chihaya's new VA is Haruka Terui (Horou in "Toukiden Kiwami", Yuna Yuki in "Yuna Yuki is a Hero"), while Junya is voiced by Takahiro Fujimoto (Fukushima Masanori in "Samurai Warriors" series, Eric in "God Eater").
I noticed Chihaya sounded different because her voice was pretty unique but I had no idea her VA had passed away. Same with Kaneshiro. That's sad.
Old 2018-06-11, 15:11   Link #240
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Not like there's anything anyone can prove about them being "thieves who steal hearts in a circus-freak world" anyway. In fact even if the stud-pres reported them to the police, the police would more likely take her recording for a prank since there's no proof and no break-ins or any victims who prosecute. They're just helping out cos that's their goal all along.
Yeah, I did wish for Goro to be called on his hypocrisy in wanting the Phantom Thieves to be punished. Most of what they did isn't actually illegal. There's nothing in the books against "stealing hearts".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote