AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 01:17   Link #221
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I doubt they'll have them go very far for their first tournament. I also doubt there'll be any sort of time skip, ever.

Though where they are right now are the preliminaries to decide what class they'll go to, so even if they lose their fights in this part, they might not be kicked out of the tournament.
Old 2011-02-04, 01:44   Link #222
Skane
Anime Snark

I'm still hoping for Vivio to become the victim in a "It's Personal" trope for Einhart to play of with.

MmmHmm.
Old 2011-02-04, 02:04   Link #223
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I just want them to play up the romance part of einhart and vivio. No I do not mean yuri. In this case, her ancestral memory draws them together, but vivio may only have feelings for Strauss was it? That one dude that regrets not protecting her from her destiny or something. makes itt very awkward and possibly awesome storytelling (yeah they'll so go there.....)

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 05:40   Link #224
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I'm still hoping for Vivio to become the victim in a "It's Personal" trope for Einhart to play of with.

MmmHmm.
I doubt it, since then the title must change to MSLN:Heidi...

But I must say I like the idea! (the Vivio loses part, not the title change)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I just want them to play up the romance part of einhart and vivio. No I do not mean yuri. In this case, her ancestral memory draws them together, but vivio may only have feelings for Strauss was it? That one dude that regrets not protecting her from her destiny or something. makes itt very awkward and possibly awesome storytelling (yeah they'll so go there.....)
I'm quite skeptical about this one. Moment's after the fact that both of them are clones/descendant/reincarnation(what exactly is Heidi, anyway?) the first thing that came into mind was: "Well that's a cheap and blatant way for shipping those two"
Old 2011-02-04, 07:46   Link #225
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I'm quite skeptical about this one. Moment's after the fact that both of them are clones/descendant/reincarnation(what exactly is Heidi, anyway?) the first thing that came into mind was: "Well that's a cheap and blatant way for shipping those two"
If it help sells it's going to be done
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 10:04   Link #226
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I see no reason why they would, they're the main characters, they're contractually obligated to last until the finals.

Unless they go up against mystery girl first.
They could:

#1: wait for a few more years until they get stronger (but then they already applied...)
#2: wish for a machine that turns an hour into a day... (impossible)
#3: battle everyday and find ways to overcome each other (a battle beats days of training)

Quote:
Another way to make a romantic relationship is turning Einheart (dunno the spelling).... to a guy XD. After all, she's the clone of Klaus Hegemon...
Old 2011-02-04, 10:18   Link #227
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I doubt it, since then the title must change to MSLN:Heidi...
Frankly, considering the insane amount of screentime and character development she's had, I'm actually doubting Vivio's status as main character.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 12:56   Link #228
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
They could:

#1: wait for a few more years until they get stronger (but then they already applied...)
And alienate the lolicons?
Quote:
Classic shounen , but if there was any in-universe I'm pretty sure Nanoha would've overuse them.

Quote:
#3: battle everyday and find ways to overcome each other (a battle beats days of training)
Somewhat plausible (in anime/manga) but it must be supervised by experts. Detoxing trainees of faulty habits and styles is time consuming.

Quote:
Another way to make a romantic relationship is turning Einheart (dunno the spelling).... to a guy XD. After all, she's the clone of Klaus Hegemon...
What, and abandoning the yuri fanbase? *cough* translators dropping the manga due to lack of yuri*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Frankly, considering the insane amount of screentime and character development she's had, I'm actually doubting Vivio's status as main character.
It's hard to root for Vivio when her 'obligatory shounen reason to fight' is not memorable (does she even have one?)

Then again, I won't expect much of the fights anyway; the mangaka's style is just ill-suited for action scenes (compare his take on Negima Neo with the original Negima)
Old 2011-02-04, 12:58   Link #229
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Einhart isn't a clone, she's a direct descendant. Klaus's memories were passed down genetically.

Vivio is a clone of Olivie, however she does not have any of Olivie's memories. So while any interest Einhart has in Vivio may be explained as Klaus's feelings, Vivio's feelings are carte blanche.
Old 2011-02-04, 13:07   Link #230
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Ah, Klaus, right. No, I mean Vivio being attracted to that aspect of her and not her. Einhart's Klaus part makign her attracted to Vivio, but only that part. I want conflict!

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 13:09   Link #231
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Eh, Vivio has had some dreams, showing that she does have some latent memories. She just can't access them normally, yet.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 13:11   Link #232
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah Vivio having Olivie's memories is something I've been expecting. Hell, back in StrikerS, Erio figured she still had the memories of whoever she was cloned from.
Old 2011-02-04, 13:31   Link #233
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
They could:

#1: Unlikely but not impossible, taking into consideration their talent they won't need so much time a 1-2 year timeskip will be enough(but the 2-year one will probably enter in conflict with the FORCE plot). Shonen fighter can greatly increase their strenght/po0wer in the gap of a year with the appropiate trainin or master. Probably they meet a retired martial artist expert and take a step into the next level by training a new style/technique, Nove dixces to left them for a year under the care of said master telling them that there's nothing left for her to teach to them(Nove = Iruka xD?).

#2: Not impossible, said machines/capsules/rooms are hidden from the rest of the know world most of the time, so probably they manage to find it or are invited to train inside one by someone(possibly said new trainer/master) which would explain why Nanoha and Co. didn't use it before.

#3: Seems to be the most viable options, after all, the franchise more or less have favored the spartan way various times in the past, why not to continue the tradition xD?.

All of this of course, blended wth the overblown cutesy ViVid started to gain fame from xD.

Quote:
Creeeepy 0_0 ....but again, not imposible, just remeber Sailor Uranus ...or the Sailor Starlights for a more consistent reference xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 13:36   Link #234
Kaijo
Banned

What I find amusing, is that they keep Claus and Olive's relationship as vague as any. We can take both "they were just good friends that cared about each other" or "they were romantically involved with each other" out of it. It all depends on your preconceived notion and what you want, heh.

I prefer to take the "friends unless decisively proven otherwise" route, because otherwise I end up with the "There is no way two people can be close friends without having sex!" angle. And I'm not that sexually frustrated, heh. Perhaps because I've had close friends of both genders.
Old 2011-02-04, 15:27   Link #235
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Eh, Vivio has had some dreams, showing that she does have some latent memories. She just can't access them normally, yet.
It's been awhile since I've read any Vivid, but when did that happen?
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 16:06   Link #236
Kaijo
Banned

Hmm, it appears I may have been wrong about that. I think I got it messed up in my head, and it was Einhart that had that dream.
Old 2011-02-04, 22:21   Link #237
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
And alienate the lolicons?
lol it's only a few years... Like 2... Wait when does the tournament occur? Every year?

Quote:
What, and abandoning the yuri fanbase? *cough* translators dropping the manga due to lack of yuri*cough*
lol it's just 1 additional male character...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Einhart isn't a clone, she's a direct descendant. Klaus's memories were passed down genetically.

Vivio is a clone of Olivie, however she does not have any of Olivie's memories. So while any interest Einhart has in Vivio may be explained as Klaus's feelings, Vivio's feelings are carte blanche.
lol my mistake.... I couldn't tell the difference between them...

Last edited by bhl88; 2011-02-05 at 05:49.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 01:59   Link #238
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well, I just found something interesting about Sein...

Apparently her name means "Breasts" in French.

Puts a new spin on why she suddenly became a groping maniac like Hayate.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 12:50   Link #239
Jimmy C

Remember back in teh A's manga when Nanoha had Raising Heart put a burden on her magic as part of her training regime?
That's now available as training equipment in the form of a bracer that also magically weighs like a ton of bricks! The perfect training tool for magic augmented martial artists!
Also, Sacred Heart - on his own initiative! - asked Nanoha for Ground Forces training records. He sure can communicate well without saying a word!
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 14:22   Link #240
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Also, Sacred Heart - on his own initiative! - asked Nanoha for Ground Forces training records. He sure can communicate well without saying a word!
Wow! the little plushie is already started to show the guts possesed by his antecessor Raising Heart!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid