AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-08-13, 17:54   Link #221
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They kinda scared me with the possibility she might not be revivable, but I don't think this manga will get too dark. Things will work out.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 17:59   Link #222
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yay, Farlyn's back! And now everyone can celebrate with a dragon barbecue!

....However, as joyous as the occasion is, I really can't help but feel that there's some major drawback to resurrecting her with dragon flesh. As others said, I don't think her body having been "zombified" is out of the question, either. I'm actually reminded a bit of Jojo part 5, which had a point where the main character brought a dead comrade back to life while being unaware of the consequences....
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Maybe her body will slowly change over time, like skin parts getting scaled, her growing horns and her eyes becoming dragonic. Also her temper could change, like the nice and friendly and passive priest girl is gone and she is way more aggressive and has a hotter temper than before. Dunno, what her changes will be, but there will be changes.
Chances are that her soul might be merged with the dragon spirit, because maybe, just maybe that dragon spirit was still bound to that huge mountain of fresh meat and blood when Marcille made that forbidden ritual (and he HAS to be forbidden for a reason, doesn't it?!) and so besides Farlyn's weak soul link to her bones she got merged with the strong spirit link of the dragon meat&blood. If that is the case, then there could even be a scenario where Dragon Farlyn tries to kill her Onii-chan for "murdering" her.
It's very likely this resurrection will have some defects, which will warrant a journey to find the secret of immortality in the dungeon.
Old 2016-08-13, 20:02   Link #223
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think resurrected people get goat or pig powers, so I don't have too much hope for the dragon parts, though.
What powers would goats and pigs bring to the table though, it's not like they breath fire or anything noteworthy like that.
Could simply be forbidden to keep whoever's currently doing the resurrection's place in power. After all, if any mage could resurrect people, you wouldn't need these travelling guys to do it and their prestige would be lost. Stuff's been banned before not because it's dangerous to use, but because it's dangerous to whoever's in power at the time.
Old 2016-08-14, 01:49   Link #224
Tenzen12

Yeah it's same for RL doctors, if everyone could do heart surgery they would loose all prestige. It's government conspiracy I tell you!

But seriously you need not just know the magic, but also extensive knowledge of anatomy and advanced logistic to do this kind of job. Also it's not like spell Farlyn used is necessarily same as your everyday resuscitators use either.
Old 2016-08-14, 14:58   Link #225
jpwong

We don't really know much about this world's government an politics, there are lots of cases where a regime would suppress some device that would let anyone do heart surgery because it would potentially be a threat to them since it could upset their balance of society.

It's something that does come up every once in a while in fantasy stories. Magic has been forbidden but no one can really remember why it was forbidden and it usually comes out one of a few ways. It's either because it was crazy dangerous and can destroy the world or something or it's the powers that be of the day didn't agree with something about the magic and suppressed it saying it was forbidden. The last two I would typically read is that the magic was associated with the "old kingdom" as it were just after a revolution of some sort and it's buried simply because it has to do with the pre-revolution government or else the magic was limited to a certain circle of people and their rules forbid the sharing of the magic with others, but since in that situation people wouldn't generally know about it in the first place, I doubt that one's the case here.

Sure this spell requires a bunch of extra reasonably extensive knowledge, but what does the other method need? It's clearly extensive if every town and village doesn't have a local resurrection priest and they need to wait months for a travelling one to show up. Unless the job pays like crap and it's more of an issue that no one wants to bother becoming one...
Old 2016-08-14, 18:16   Link #226
Tenzen12

Irc reason why not every city has priest with that kind of skill is that, resuscitation spell works only in the dungeon so having them elsewhere would be utterly useless...

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2016-08-14 at 18:27.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 07:46   Link #227
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, Marcille took a lot of feedback from the spell, that's possibly one of the reasons why it is forbidden. Farlyn also seemed to have some issues (excess blood, confusion). What I would be mostly worried about is the fact that they resurrected her using dragon meat; what if dragon flesh cannot exit the confines of the dungeon?

Anyway, the last two chapters have been very informative, even I didn't know all of the minor carpal bones, and I've read a book or two on human anatomy.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 12:30   Link #228
Hata
時の異邦人

the Korean 28 raw is out at the usual places...

some questions answer, some revelation, but with more new puzzles follow, and a new threat coming...

Spoiler for 28:
Old 2016-10-14, 15:10   Link #229
marvelB

New translated chapter's here!

Heh, Farlyn is already getting herself pretty well-integrated with the party. But now it's definitely clear that being revived with dragon flesh changed her, since she was able to insta-cast magic. Also, is this the end of Kensuke!?

Anyway, naturally we see a nice dragon meal prepared (pizza!? Golly! ). And the mysterious dark elf returns.... and he'll most likely be a much bigger threat than that dragon, ESPECIALLY if he's truly the dungeon master....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 15:11   Link #230
Rreelentless

I feel like this series can go 2 way's now that the sister is back and we've had some plot added in,

1. everything before this becomes a kind of prologue and we get to see this group basically become legends.

2. the series just kind of flops and get's cancelled.
hope it's the first option honestly
Rreelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 15:40   Link #231
marvelB

^While rescuing Farlyn may have been the party's main goal for a while now, it's the hunting/cooking of monsters that has always been the main draw here. That being said, I see no reason for the series to end anytime soon, not when there's more tasty monster dishes to be discovered (and even in terms of plot, there were already hints that the dungeon contained great mysteries LONG before Farlyn was found, so there's definitely still some adventuring to be had).

And besides, Farlyn's established herself to be as much of a monster freak as her big bro, how could she not join in on the action?
Old 2016-10-14, 17:28   Link #232
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I really like seeing Marcille's caring side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, is this the end of Kensuke!?
That'd be kinda sad. Kensuke's not the bravest, but still, to just kill and eat it...

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2016-10-29 at 06:55.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 02:13   Link #233
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

lol. Even Farlyn is a monster eater just like her brother.
For shame Senshi. You could have added some meat on that Pizza.
And here comes the Dark Elf again.
Old 2016-10-15, 11:37   Link #234
Blankdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
lol. Even Farlyn is a monster eater just like her brother.
For shame Senshi. You could have added some meat on that Pizza.
And here comes the Dark Elf again.
Some people may not want it on (Cuz it's tough and chewy, while the cheese is sticky/watery/stretchy, with bread being soft, etc) -- also, if you look at Farlyn's slice (page 21), it had meat on it.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 13:57   Link #235
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That'd be kinda sad. Kensuke's not the bravest, but still, to just kill and eat it...

Yeah, I hope they don't get rid of him. Cowardly or not, I've grown rather fond of the little critter....
Old 2016-10-26, 07:53   Link #236
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So the one-shot scanlation of Dungeon Meshi is now out.
So in this one shot, the were 5 party members with the 5th being a Cat Girl who acted as the straight man while Marcille in this one shot is already used to Laius and Senshi's eating antics.
Old 2016-10-26, 08:11   Link #237
The One Above God
Kamijou

Oneshot Chilchack's eyes look dead while eating that Mimi. I wonder if the author would reuse the Cat girl in the main series.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 14:02   Link #238
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
I wonder if the author would reuse the Cat girl in the main series.
I dunno... it basically looks like the cat girl's straight man personality was adopted by Marcille in the main series, so having another like her would be redundant at this point. I guess the author could reintroduce her with a new personality, but.... eh. Personally, I think the current cast is as fine as it is (we've already gotten a good idea of Farlyn's personality through flashbacks prior to her rescue, so while a somewhat late addition to the current party she may be, she definitely doesn't feel out of place at this point ).
Old 2016-10-28, 17:23   Link #239
LKK

Yen Press has licensed the series. The usual rules for licensed manga now apply. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 04:49   Link #240
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Hooray! Now i can buy the manga in english.

Tags
comedy, cooking, dungeons, fantasy