AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-28, 22:17   Link #221
archanfels

Talking

Started watching this and HnG at the same time, here are my impressions:

At the beginning(aka Ep. 1), I kinda wish the two can balance each other out a bit: SnH needs to calm down, while HnG can use more hype and exaggeration.

But overall I liked SnH better, aside from it made me lol more, Yakuza/Gangster is a big plus for me personally while Loli factor in HnG is quite a minus(never interested in seeing 13 years old[this time literally] in so called "romance" series)

However, now I'm at Ep. 4 of both, I'm leaning more towards HnG. The crazy parodies and 4th wall breaking in HnG start kicking in, making it whole lot funnier for a semi-otaku like me (And no, those "censorships" are intended jokes)

On the other hand, SnH is showing signs of slipping into one of those cliche Harem series I personally hate.

I'm gonna stick with both for another while, but for the moment I'm lowering my expectation for SnH.
archanfels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 02:16   Link #222
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I duno, everyone seems more set on killing Naga rather than geting into his pants (so to speak).
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 02:43   Link #223
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post

On the other hand, SnH is showing signs of slipping into one of those cliche Harem series I personally hate.
I dunno... if anything, it is Hayate that is turning in to a harem anime at stellar speed
Old 2007-04-29, 03:27   Link #224
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Worry not. Unless the anime takes a drastic turn, SnH is just a "triangle" at worst. Between SnH and HnG, it is HnG that has the "harem" element, although it doesn't really go that way... in the way most "harem" detractors are thinking.

There is one scene in Ep04 which neatly sums up what SnH is all about.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-29, 06:50   Link #225
Lost

[Shinsen-Subs]_Seto_no_Hanayome_-_01 has been released in two flavours. Sorry for the delay, but a lot of effort has been put into this, and it shows. Please, enjoy.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 07:16   Link #226
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Some animated avatars made from Ep04...

Spoiler for Ep04 material:

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-29, 14:46   Link #227
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

There's nothing left for me to say about the show, everyone just summed it all. But it sure made me laugh for good, more than this season's comedy anime. And especially the plot, a mermaid yakuza bride, now that's something you don't see everyday. Really looking forward to this series and I hope it could be 24 ep long.

Oh and graphic designers, please, GIMME SOME MASA AVATARS!
Old 2007-04-29, 14:52   Link #228
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Cheers.
lol maki...anyone else think that she is reinforce 2 on some kind of wacky backy? i blame the mafia for the corruption!!! T_T

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 15:45   Link #229
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Once upon a time, there were no sub for a show called Seto no Hanayome. Now there are too many subs. So who has done the better job typesetting-wise? If memory serves correct, episode 1 should challenge the typesetters in various manners.

Quote:

Cheers.
I claim this one!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 18:56   Link #230
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Once upon a time, there were no sub for a show called Seto no Hanayome. Now there are too many subs.
Awfully true. Makes me wonder why were they missing this series at first O_O

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 19:36   Link #231
Farix

I wouldn't dare consider three groups fansubing the series as "too many"
Farix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 20:17   Link #232
Magallanes
Oshiete Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD View Post
Well, the first impression after reading the plot is that the series is just another run-of-the-mill love-comedy or even worse, a harem-anime. So it's easy for fansubbers and fans to skip it.
I was deceived by this, too. The promotional picture caught my attention, plus the fact that it was done by Gonzo. But after watching a couple of captures in the official site, plus the fact that no group was subbing it after a couple of weeks of airing, made me think that the series was no good.

I guess that all fansubbers thought the same until someone watched it and started making a fuss about how good it was till it reached fansubbers' ears, which has taken an entire month. I bet more groups will join soon.

Moral: you can't judge a series by its plot alone, you have to actually watch it (or you may skip a gem like this)
The serie was almost a "more of the same" with harem, summer loves and such but the shonen ai references are quite amusing... Yes, it's can become a harem-like anime but more from the style Tenchi Muyo where the main role is the victim.

At least the first episodes are funny.

Last edited by Magallanes; 2007-04-29 at 20:18. Reason: adding
Magallanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 03:20   Link #233
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Assorted animated avatars from Episode-02...

If there is one thing that frustrates me, it is that it is very DIFFICULT to isolate a moment for GIF-ifying. The background perspective is constantly moving, the animation is constantly in motion and rarely static, the fluidity of the action is absurdly high.

In short... in an irony of a situation, the animation quality is too high, I am having a terrible time trying to make animated GIFs without dropping frames (which leads to choppiness), or dropping the colour quality (which leads to horrible image quality).

It has already happened multiple times when I am examining the captured frames and I go like, "Okay... background, stop moving please... I am trying to loop this damn scene. NOOOO! THE PERSPECTIVE CHANGED! THE SCENE IS ZOOMING! ARRGGGHHHH!"

This may come as a surprise, but a lot of SnH's scenes are uniquely framed at a full 24fps. The foreground image may be static, but the background is generally changing every single damn frame. This holds especially true for "dramatised moments". During the quiet moments, the framerate uniqueness varies between 12fps and 8fps, but it is generally 12fps... which is extremely rare for broadcast anime. I have no idea where they are getting the money to apply OVA-standards to this series. Maybe the sponsors are ardent readers of the manga or something... or maybe... the Yakuza is sponsoring them.

Seto no Hanayome, a sight for sore eyes, but a nightmare for avatar-makers.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-30, 04:51   Link #234
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
a mermaid yakuza bride, now that's something you don't see everyday.
But you do see boy meets girl and its the same thing. Plus trying to make the situation as horrid as possible, but somehow, it doesnt become anything like that, instead its a happy start with some semi conflicts along the way. Ill wait until i get to see Takehito Koyasu as Shark.So far nothings kicking my funny bone.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 08:41   Link #235
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD View Post
~ Don't worry! It's done by Gonzo. That means that probably animation quality will drop soon. Don't get mad if everyone else hopes for the opposite though
Hush you! If there is one series I do not want to be afflicted with the GONZO-syndrome, it is this one.

*touches wood*
Old 2007-04-30, 12:37   Link #236
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Assorted animated avatars from Episode-02...

Skane, may I please "steal" this one to use on AS?
Old 2007-04-30, 12:48   Link #237
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Skane, may I please "steal" this one to use on AS?
Sure, go ahead.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-30, 17:08   Link #238
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Episode 5-

Spoiler for Episode 5:
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 00:57   Link #239
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 5 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 05:33   Link #240
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The following image is from the OP Single,

The observant non-manga readers will recognise the pink-haired girl from the OP sequence in the anime. "Sun & Lunar" is basically a pun on San's name and the pink-haired girl's name.

Cheers.

Tags
aic, comedy, fantasy, gonzo, romance, shounen