AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 14:21   Link #221
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:20   Link #222
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
They make a hint that its not normal when they show the blond girl with metal hands. Plus they didn't explain it at ALL!!! like when Fear first saw cow girl she already knew that she is the same as her. So the often tea cup getting slice in half is actually her doing
Well tea cups and pot handles don't cleanly slice in half on their own especially when the blonde gets angry. A bit too much of a coincidence, no?

I loved this episode.
Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2011-10-08 at 20:20.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 18:32   Link #223
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for ep2:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:01   Link #224
ZeKeR
Superbad

So okay... its proceeding like normal in the LN.... nothing yet... but if this starts 12-13 episodes, pretty sure that it'll be rushed.
Old 2011-10-08, 20:18   Link #225
Nosauz

This episode definitely gave this show a repreive in my eyes, I don't really think the misunderstanding comedy was all that great, but the action was decent in this episode, also I kind of want to find out what this madness is going to result in, anyway definitely will at least see another two episodes unless this develops some QUALITY issues.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 03:01   Link #226
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The first episode impressed me enough to keep going with this. It made me laugh, though I would have liked to see a bit more story. I prefer to have more of a story and from what I've gathered it does get better. And as bratty as Fear can be, I actually enjoyed her character despite being a tsundere (most of which I've come to despise due to overuse of the archetype).
Old 2011-10-09, 05:59   Link #227
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Anyways, the ItsuTenma of this season?
I would say that either KSnHorizon or Maken-ni are the ItsuTens of this season. C3 has its flaws, but at least it's not TRYING to be bad like Maken-ni is, nor is it pretending to be something that's actually good but blatantly isn't, like Horizon is.

Anyway, the first epi was a guilty pleasure for me. It's one of those things that you know is kind of bad, but you can't help but enjoy certain parts of it anyway. I thought it was cute, even if it was rushed, stereotypical, and just... bad. I'm also sucker for the char designs.

Epi 2 didn't surprise me as much as the non-informed viewer because I knew of the "sudden tone shift" that was supposed to occur in this series (if it weren't for me knowing about it ahead of time, I possibly wouldn't have even planned on watching this show). I was a bit taken aback by the sheer insanity of it all (which I like, so it's a good thing).

However, in this episode AND the first one, I'm not liking the abrupt info dump that's going on.
Spoiler:
See how stupid and chaotic that sounds storytelling-wise? It's annoying to watch. Brings up too many goddamned questions all at once.

But a part of me enjoyed it, so that's all that matters I guess. Looking forward to Fear hopefully kicking some ass next epi.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 06:07   Link #228
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
See how stupid and chaotic that sounds storytelling-wise? It's annoying to watch. Brings up too many goddamned questions all at once.
When you put it that way sure, it's not like there were any elements of prejudice in your choice of words.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 06:16   Link #229
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
When you put it that way sure, it's not like there were any elements of prejudice in your choice of words.
Personally, if it was posted by someone else in a wording that was non-prejudiced, it would still read exactly the same/convey the same general point to me, but to each his and her own. Regardless of how what I said was flavored by my own opinions, it's hard to deny that both episodes (the second one especially) come off as rushed, somewhat choppy, and have too much info to be easily digested/too many things going on at once.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 06:26   Link #230
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Regardless of how what I said was flavored by my own opinions, it's hard to deny that both episodes (the second one especially) come off as rushed, somewhat choppy, and have too much info to be easily digested/too many things going on at once.
I think that is the problem that Silver Link lead by Oonuma Shin always had since Bakatest. When Oonuma Shin does have his own way of directing things, it is not working right in terms of pacing. He had this exact same pacing issues (in different sense, actually) with the lack-luster ending episodes for Baka to Test 2nd season. I mean, really. I mean, the 1st episode of C3 could've been much better troll, when it clearly wasn't, knowing how people just thought it is just again slice-of-life moe thing with inconsiderate story development.

Yep, when this series is clearly telling me that Oonuma Shin's ability to create a full series is much lower than that of other companions of Team Shinbo (Shinbo+Oishi+Miyamoto), Fear's kawaii mode + madness + more madness + even more madness would be enough to win over me.
Old 2011-10-09, 08:06   Link #231
APNki

For those that are waiting for them, UTW's subs are out.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 08:33   Link #232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
For those that are waiting for them, UTW's subs are out.
Yeah, I'm hoping to get it done before calling it a night...
Old 2011-10-09, 09:08   Link #233
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

With a double genre shift that would send just about any respective anime fan going "Lol wut," there's little time to indulge in the light-hearted atmosphere C3's first episode gave us as we find ourselves diving headfirst into Fear's tragic past.

Some may have found the sudden shift a bit unorthodox, perhaps even confusing, but I rather liked it. It seemed to reflect Fear's character herself and the change that's about to take place between her normal tsundere self and the murdering tool within.

That aside, I don't claim to understand some people's confusion with respect to the story. Seems pretty straightforward to me. Horizon was way more confusing, IMO.

Also, nice to see a not-so-useless male lead take the fight to the enemy. Hopefully he stays that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
Anyways, the ItsuTenma of this season?
Doubt it, at least for now. C3 has its flaws, but it's stayed pretty loyal to its source material thus far. That aside, and as one who's read both series' light novels, I don't get the same impression from C3 that I did with Itsu-Ten. If nothing else it's not trying to force itself into something it's not, which is always a good thing.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:11   Link #234
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'm not surprised about the atmosphere change cuz i watched the trailer before , i was waiting for them to make their creepy looks Finally they did.
Well , i'm not really enjoying this , kinda have enough to the cliché , will give it 2 episodes.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:59   Link #235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Personally, if it was posted by someone else in a wording that was non-prejudiced, it would still read exactly the same/convey the same general point to me, but to each his and her own. Regardless of how what I said was flavored by my own opinions, it's hard to deny that both episodes (the second one especially) come off as rushed, somewhat choppy, and have too much info to be easily digested/too many things going on at once.
After watching the episode (UTW subs) myself I definitely don't agree with your 'flavored' assessment. There was nothing rush or choppy about this second episode as compared to the first. While episode 1 does hop, skip and jump scenes abit too quickly for my taste, this episode turn down the gear to a reasonable pace.

And too much information? Well I suppose it's not slice of life or RomCom material, but certainly nothing that can't be handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I think that is the problem that Silver Link lead by Oonuma Shin always had since Bakatest. When Oonuma Shin does have his own way of directing things, it is not working right in terms of pacing. He had this exact same pacing issues (in different sense, actually) with the lack-luster ending episodes for Baka to Test 2nd season. I mean, really. I mean, the 1st episode of C3 could've been much better troll, when it clearly wasn't, knowing how people just thought it is just again slice-of-life moe thing with inconsiderate story development.

Yep, when this series is clearly telling me that Oonuma Shin's ability to create a full series is much lower than that of other companions of Team Shinbo (Shinbo+Oishi+Miyamoto), Fear's kawaii mode + madness + more madness + even more madness would be enough to win over me.
Is this base on principle, or have you seen the episode? The quick pacing of the previous episode is no where in sight.

As I've predicted, it was only to skip pass the relatively mundane parts of the story to get to the meat faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
With a double genre shift that would send just about any respective anime fan going "Lol wut," there's little time to indulge in the light-hearted atmosphere C3's first episode gave us as we find ourselves diving headfirst into Fear's tragic past.

Some may have found the sudden shift a bit unorthodox, perhaps even confusing, but I rather liked it. It seemed to reflect Fear's character herself and the change that's about to take place between her normal tsundere self and the murdering tool within.
It could have been alot more gruesome though, they tame it down a lot- Had they actually animate what Fear had done to her victims, those with not so steely stomachs might find it overwhelming- I know I would and I'm not too proud to admit it

Quote:
That aside, I don't claim to understand some people's confusion with respect to the story. Seems pretty straightforward to me. Horizon was way more confusing, IMO.
Don't you know? Anything that's not a Slice of Life or a normal RomCom is a pretty complicating story by principle

Anything with a list of terminologies wooohhh~ that's hardcore stuff

Quote:
Also, nice to see a not-so-useless male lead take the fight to the enemy. Hopefully he stays that way.
Isn't that every male lead since 2008 ?

Quote:
Doubt it, at least for now. C3 has its flaws, but it's stayed pretty loyal to its source material thus far. That aside, and as one who's read both series' light novels, I don't get the same impression from C3 that I did with Itsu-Ten. If nothing else it's not trying to force itself into something it's not, which is always a good thing.
Interesting enough, they seem to alter some events of the story slightly but still make it flow smoothly overall. For example in the school-

Spoiler:

Adaptation-wise it's a big step from Baka-Test (They haven't played with the timeline yet), but similiar to Baka-Test I believe Silver Link could maintain their production quality through the season.

Oh and lastly- this Fall Season I found a boat-load of great songs, but I think C^3's OP and ED are the ones that I can honestly describe as beautiful
Old 2011-10-09, 11:00   Link #236
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wasn't sure with Ep1, but judging by Ep2 I'd say this is pretty damn solid show!
Old 2011-10-09, 11:28   Link #237
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
For some reason, I began to understood why a certain prominent figure in Baka-Tsuki (I can't remember who. Seriously. Because it's like a whole year or two back then) like this novel. Though this is the idea I get from the anime. Not fond of the designs (though class rep is a pleasant surprise, had both of me and my housemate going gaga over the ponytail) but when the episode came to its second half, well... I can't say I'm either surprised or not because I kind of saw it coming - or rather, it was a pleasant one because I'm the kind who just go with the flow. And then I realized "Hey did some craziness just happen in this show? I forgot, lol."

... And for some reason class rep caught my attention. It's like putting a guard on alert in a certain you-creep-to-an-enemy's-behind-and-stab-them-with-a-hidden-blade game and I'm the guard. She's... kinda suspicious. LOL. Yeah.

... I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 12:10   Link #238
EroKing

Episode 2

Some freebies from the 1st half of the episode.

Well the show did shift to another gear in the second part but have to disagree with everyone saying it was anything like Higurashi.
The level is nothing compared to something as gory as say a man getting his head chopped into with a cleaver.

Plot isn't confusing either, this poor loli just wants to move on and live alongside humans a normal life (while giving TheEroKing his dose of fanservice ).

Old 2011-10-09, 12:16   Link #239
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

It was pretty obvious that there was more than we were told last time. This episode confirmed that the story is going to be much, much darker, than we were made to believe. Of course, with a girl named Fear, how can you NOT expect something far more sinister?

Anyway, solid second episode, nice cliffhanger left me hungry for more.
Old 2011-10-09, 12:19   Link #240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hadn't heard Ikeda Shuuichi in a while (except in Unicorn) and of course, he just had to play a masked character. I hope he won't go after the loli in this anime, or things might end very badly for him.

Was that the class rep showering in a dominatrix outfit? What the hell...

I fully welcome the genre shift. At least it wasn't boring like the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It could have been alot more gruesome though, they tame it down a lot- Had they actually animate what Fear had done to her victims, those with not so steely stomachs might find it overwhelming- I know I would and I'm not too proud to admit it
If the lines I read describing some of the Fear's killings were truly from the novel... then yeah, I'm also glad they didn't animate it. It would have put Blood-C to shame. It's just totally sick. No matter how cute she might be, I'd be scared shitless to live with Fear. Eh, she's got a very fitting name.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen