AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 06:43   Link #221
MetalCookie

I had a splendid Christmas! I still feel satisfied from the food lol.
I got:

Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations novel
A Yoshi bag
Little Big Planet ninja plushie
A Stewie (from Family Guy) 2012 calender

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas or other holidays that other religions celebrate. :3
Old 2011-12-26, 12:52   Link #222
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Short question to the native english speakers, doesn't crhistmas need a double es, as in christ-mass, since it celebrates a bunch of jews, arabs, and persians gathering in a barn in order to witness the incarnation of another divinity
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 14:08   Link #223
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Short question to the native english speakers, doesn't crhistmas need a double es, as in christ-mass, since it celebrates a bunch of jews, arabs, and persians gathering in a barn in order to witness the incarnation of another divinity
You're trying to force the English language to "make sense" when it is a polyglot of older languages and imports. The "mas" is derived from an older word that *means* "mass" or "gathering".
Old 2011-12-26, 16:08   Link #224
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Zod, I nearly ate myself into a coma yesterday. I *almost* look forward to going back to work tomorrow so I can work some of it off through my bike riding commute.

Endless "I'm still full" Soul
Old 2011-12-26, 16:51   Link #225
Kafriel
Senior Guest

On the other hand, I ate the bare minimum required to follow up my drinks Unfortunately my alias is only one word, so I can't add cool nicknames in between, Endless Soul style
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 21:10   Link #226
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Damn, my parents went all out this year. My dad bought my mom a new 32 GB iPhone 4S, my mom in turn bought a new driver for his golf set.

As for me, my dad bought me a 2 TB external hard drive for my anime and my mom bought me a brand new HD PVR for recording video games and other fun things. Wow.

Christmas dinner was awesome too; roast beef with all the fixings, and a post-meal stew that followed up the following day using the leftovers.
Old 2012-01-02, 19:54   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
As for me, my dad bought me a 2 TB external hard drive for my anime and my mom bought me a brand new HD PVR for recording video games and other fun things. Wow.
I'm sort of in the market for a video capture card to capture (for example - Rock Band jukeboxing). What kind did you get?

We got a few family gifts (upgraded all the Rock Band gear to Mad Catz stuff and added the keytar). People got books and clothes. One son got an external 2TB drive, the other got some tool equipment and a welding torch. Wife and I are going to take trip to the coast in January.
Old 2012-01-02, 22:33   Link #228
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

It's great that you guys had a wonderful Christmas. It's a fun day to spend with the family.

I always get a nice feeling inside when they open the presents, and you can see on their faces that they loved what you got for them. >.<

As for the present that I got, my older sister bought me a cpu cooler from Cooler Master. The one that came with the i5 was horrible so she really helped out a lot.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 01:00   Link #229
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

hehe! I clicked my animesuki bookmaker tab, and The first thing I noticed was the good'ol Holiday banners are up!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 02:06   Link #230
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Christmas.. I'm looking forward for my holiday business to boom and add some money to my wallet...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:10   Link #231
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

my boss give us an early christmas bonus: $500.00 after tax was like around $440.
i recently bought a Qosmio laptop that was on sales for $999.00 ($1100 with tax and other add on).
so with the bonus, it's like i only spent about $660 on that laptop. *cheers!*

as for the upcoming Christmas and holidays, i probably do nothing much but stay
home and play some games and watch anime...probably. because i HAVE a LIFE!

or browse around Amazon and Steam for any good sales and buy more STUFFS.
Old 2012-12-12, 15:17   Link #232
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
my boss give us an early christmas bonus: $500.00 after tax was like around $440.
i recently bought a Qosmio laptop that was on sales for $999.00 ($1100 with tax and other add on).
so with the bonus, it's like i only spent about $660 on that laptop. *cheers!*

as for the upcoming Christmas and holidays, i probably do nothing much but stay
home and play some games and watch anime...probably. because i HAVE a LIFE!

or browse around Amazon and Steam for any good sales and buy more STUFFS.
I'm looking to buy a 40 inch LED T.V. so I can have crazy sleepovers in my room instead of having them in the living room. Just need to save up a bit more
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:25   Link #233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We've gotten our lights and yule tree up. Sounds like I'll be giving at least one person some computer parts and the tech support to install them (computer->poof).

With everyone in the family being an "a-dult" now, the holiday is mostly food, family, friends, and gaming. Gifts are odd things like kitchen appliances, shoes, and such.

Myself ... I picked up a new computer microphone that actually works and I bought a practice amp for my bass guitar that actually can be used as a performance amp in a pinch.

Otherwise, I'm just watching Steam for sales.
Old 2012-12-12, 15:35   Link #234
willx
Nyaaan~~

OH MY GOD.. I just found this. My fiance will become very angry with me very shortly.

A gun that shoots just "a pinch" of salt to take out flies (and for other reasons.. )
http://bugasalt.com/

http://www.break.com/index/need-to-k...gasalt-2351040

Outlook is super fantastic
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:59   Link #235
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I have spent roughly £400 so far on discounted items. Argos in the UK are having massive sales. Debenhams, M&S, Amazon and eBay are not bad but they don't have the items that I am looking for. Recently bought a 5-piece tefal pots and pans from Argos for just £29. Really worth it. Now I am just waiting for Boxing Day. I am not sure if I should shop on Boxing Day or wait for new year sale.

This Christmas feast pics were taken last year after church service. We had baked parsnips, turkey, potatoes, pigs-in-blankets(it's really just sausage and bacon) and long beans. I have never been a fan of Christmas pudding. The taste is a bit too heavy for my liking.

Spoiler:

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 21:39   Link #236
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Looking forward to hanging out with the cousins and the rest of the fam as well as eat some good Filipino food, Filipino beer, and chill with the grandma (she flies in from the Philippines this coming Thursday ). Also looking forward to playing Mahjong for money all night long (not the tile version, the strategy one Filipino style of course).

Already bought myself a Christmas gift, a Lenovo Ideapad y580. I got my brother a light green minecraft beanie as well as other minecraft goodies. I bought my parents two tickets for a 4-day cruise to Ensenada, Mexico. This Christmas will be great x)

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 01:31   Link #237
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

One question : did anyone here gave away anything instead of receiving something this Christmas?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 01:44   Link #238
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
One question : did anyone here gave away anything instead of receiving something this Christmas?
I have never gotten Christmas present and I tend to give out my time to help my dad or other members of my family, in a way yes.
Old 2012-12-17, 02:01   Link #239
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Tea View Post
I'm looking to buy a 40 inch LED T.V. so I can have crazy sleepovers in my room instead of having them in the living room. Just need to save up a bit more
good luck with that. i already bought a 55" led hdtv from last year, so i dont need
another one for a while. if i ever need another one, i'll get me an 82" mitsubishi DLP tv (currently price @ $2000). :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
i have NEVER received anything on christmas day ever. i'm usually the one giving
stuffs away. i'm planning to buy me a high-end desktop (about $3500). and give
the new laptop i just bought @ toshiba (Qosmio 870) to either my little bro or sis
as a christmas present.
Old 2012-12-17, 06:03   Link #240
Mokoko
Young Aspergus Eater

Today, I'm going to shop for my boyfriend. I'm going to find him a jewel like a kind of necklace of something !

Today is special because this morning I had the joy to discovers all the gifts under the tree! I wasn't really happy to celebrate christmas in early december but now, i'm so excited !

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mokoko is offline   Reply With Quote