AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-26, 18:08   Link #221
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

hmmm... i really could'nt get into the new ed. everytime i hear southern cross i think of The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross... It brings up some traumatic experience i had in the past. Good for everyone else who didn't experience the full robotech treatment. I really don't know why they would name the new Ed. song the same as the nightmare that was once was. Anywayz i like the Aimo remix version, quite a bug killer.
Old 2008-07-26, 18:15   Link #222
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's Northern Cross... and it's not like Northern Cross is pronounced in English... the Japanese is Noozan Kurosu.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:09   Link #223
mike_s_6

The words "Northern Cross" are not in the TV size lyrics so you don't get to hear it if you play it. The name's similarity to a Robotech concept is probably not deliberate. Kawamori and company asked to have the lyrics made so that intergalactic words such as "gravity", "star formations", "planets" would pop into the song once in a while, since they're in an age wherein people are very familiar with these concepts. "Don't be Late" has the "Sagittarius" star formation in its lyrics, and "Northern Cross" has "Northern Star" in its lyrics, which is that bright star that points North when you look at the sky, very near the Big Dipper. In Japanese it reads "Hokutosei" which also refers to the Big Dipper itself.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that the song is great (although I like it), just putting some insight into the song title.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:50   Link #224
magnuskn

Could people please stop quoting Whiney84? Lots of people have him on ignore and y'all quoting him kinda defeats that.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:54   Link #225
cerrian

This was a pretty fun episode, fairly fast paced and most scenes were efficiently used. The only scene where it seemed like they didn't make the most out of it was the Ranka and Breara scene on the balcony. It just didn't seem like there was much accomplished and it was dragged out a little bit.

The bridge bunnies and Bobby got a decent amount of screen time which was good.

As for the new Aimo, I personally don't like it as a single but as a background piece it was very good at setting up the emotional tone of the entire experiment. It definitely gave the feeling that both Ranka and Aimo were being twisted into a military tool while at the same time something of confidence or false hope.

The episode did leave me with one big question, what path will Sheryl take now? It seems like she finally hit that juncture and her role in the story is the most questionable one at this point.

Edit - I can't believe I read that entire Micheal is shipping/Micheal is annoyed debate. If I had that faceplam pic that Westlo found I'd slap it on here. My take on that scene was Micheal was trying to embarass the 2 with his whole remark about leaving a sign on the door, but when they ignored him and started to bicker with each other Micheal just gave up and left saying "enjoy yourselves" in a really quiet voice which he knew neither Alto or Sheryl would hear.

Last edited by cerrian; 2008-07-26 at 20:04.
Old 2008-07-26, 20:21   Link #226
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
The episode did leave me with one big question, what path will Sheryl take now? It seems like she finally hit that juncture and her role in the story is the most questionable one at this point.
Same as it's always been; the third wheel. Hopefully Alto's status on this bikeride will be demoted to spare, in case something goes wrong with the Steel Belted Bresra Brand.
Old 2008-07-26, 20:52   Link #227
Westlo
Lets be reality

If you can't see Brera's death flags you're blind, also Ranka and Brera are probably blood related... though I guess Brera doesn't have any blood left.. so that solves that problem!

Quote:
Edit - I can't believe I read that entire Micheal is shipping/Micheal is annoyed debate. If I had that faceplam pic that Westlo found I'd slap it on here. My take on that scene was Micheal was trying to embarass the 2 with his whole remark about leaving a sign on the door, but when they ignored him and started to bicker with each other Micheal just gave up and left saying "enjoy yourselves" in a really quiet voice which he knew neither Alto or Sheryl would hear.
I still can't believe I had to argue about that. Though I guess it's better than Tak having to deal with haha vs heehee
Old 2008-07-26, 21:19   Link #228
ReddyRedWolf

Just downloaded the gg sub with the new Aimo lyrics

Ring the bell of victory now, For this star anew.

Raise high our banner now, For this God's new land.

Onward, Frontier embrace our unity with head held up high.

Soar, Frontier awaken the power that yet sleeps.

Carrying the thunderbolt in your hands, advance!

Build here again our home of old!

If these lyrics have any significance to Galaxy's plans it contains the intention of unifying all of the Protoculture's children at the cost of the Vajra.

While the normal Aimo lyrics is more on harmony and coexistence.

Galaxy intends to create a new Stellar Republic.
Old 2008-07-26, 22:58   Link #229
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

basically, i'm not happy about Sheryl being shoved in the peripheral. she still has the last frame of the credits, so obviously she's still important. as for little miss crutch, i get the feeling they're just building her up to tear her down.
Old 2008-07-26, 22:59   Link #230
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Still doesn't explain why Alto took her to his bunk aboard a mercenary aircraft carrier, instead of whatever place he called home before joining them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the place where Sheryl collapsed near the same area near the end in ep 2? If I'm not mistaken, that area is just outside of SMS buildings. If it is then it is likely that Quarter is a whole lot closer than his home and therefore logical for him to bring Sheryl there...although it is also questionable as to why he snuck her aboard instead of taking her to the ship's medical facilities.
Old 2008-07-26, 23:20   Link #231
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
basically, i'm not happy about Sheryl being shoved in the peripheral. she still has the last frame of the credits, so obviously she's still important. as for little miss crutch, i get the feeling they're just building her up to tear her down.
I think she's in the credits because a lot of people like her and m'an
Old 2008-07-26, 23:43   Link #232
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the place where Sheryl collapsed near the same area near the end in ep 2? If I'm not mistaken, that area is just outside of SMS buildings. If it is then it is likely that Quarter is a whole lot closer than his home and therefore logical for him to bring Sheryl there...although it is also questionable as to why he snuck her aboard instead of taking her to the ship's medical facilities.
That is the place where Sheryl finally finds Alto at the end of ep 2 and also the place she calls him out to when she gives him his present. It's just an escalator ride up from the Quarter.
Old 2008-07-27, 00:01   Link #233
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
If it is then it is likely that Quarter is a whole lot closer than his home
I don't think Alto has a home other than his bunk on Quarter (not counting the dojo where his Dad lives). We have never seen him anywhere other than that bunk room during the whole series. He might have had a place to stay prior to joining SMS, but it was never shown on screen.

If I'm incorrect, name the episode and scene where we see Alto's apartment.
Old 2008-07-27, 00:07   Link #234
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
I don't think Alto has a home other than his bunk on Quarter (not counting the dojo where his Dad lives). We have never seen him anywhere other than that bunk room during the whole series. He might have had a place to stay prior to joining SMS, but it was never shown on screen.

If I'm incorrect, name the episode and scene where we see Alto's apartment.
In truth we've never been shown where he lives outside of his quarters on Quarter. The best we can do is infer that he still lives at the same place he was living at before he joined SMS but after his estrangement from his father.
Old 2008-07-27, 01:24   Link #235
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
The best we can do is infer that he still lives at the same place he was living at before he joined SMS but after his estrangement from his father.
That's one possible inference, but it's equally likely that he just moved aboard Macross Quarters and that's his home now.
Old 2008-07-27, 02:42   Link #236
MaiHikari

Macross Quarters is Alto's home now. I think his inferred home prior to joining SMS will not have any screentime.

Err... back to episode 16.

Sheryl kicks a**! Literally. Love the way she got past SMS security. That woman can do anything as long as she puts her mind to it. (That is if her body doesn't fall apart.) If it was Ranka, I can see her going "eto..ano" for a while before running away from intimidation.

I had hoped Northern Cross would be a slow sad love long, but it was trance. It's not bad though. Gives me hope that it wouldn't be a sad ending for Sheryl.
Old 2008-07-27, 03:07   Link #237
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
If it was Ranka, I can see her going "eto..ano" for a while before running away from intimidation.
Eh, if it was Ranka, she'd be going "eto... anno" then suddenly, out of nowhere,

MOE DEATH STAR ATTACK!

Security promptly drops weapon and allow Ranka to pass...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-27, 03:25   Link #238
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Eh, if it was Ranka, she'd be going "eto... anno" then suddenly, out of nowhere [snipped out supsized Moe Deathstar fonts]
Let me follow up on Tak's excellent point as to why Ranka's Moe attack will work:

Spoiler:

That's why when meeting Ranka, you have to wear this:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-27, 03:35   Link #239
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Tsk tsk tsk, Dariel, Dariel... now that you have upped the ante, just what am I gonna do...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-27, 04:09   Link #240
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

A more effective earplug would be an ANR headgear from the Protodevlin. The one that Gavil invented. Or if you can't find a Protodevlin store you can get Shure e3c or some etymotic er6 from ebay .
Closed Thread