AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-13, 04:48   Link #221
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

You might receive a better response from me if you expanded upon such general statements, perhaps with examples from near-black and near-white avatars.
Old 2014-04-04, 12:08   Link #222
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by gensouR-1 View Post
Also some info not included in the summary
Spoiler for missing info:
I'm quite happy to see Kawahara dropping concrete information at last. Time to fill in the gaps now;

'Obstacles,' probably referring to immediate problems and issues. A Blue Burst Linker is concerned with a problem he's facing that is very much in the present, and his reaction is to wish for the ability to deal with it ASAP.

'Reach distant places' is a little more...ambiguous. I can see how Niko keeps people away with her firepower, but to link it with a wish to reach out to someone or someplace far away isn't as strong. Still, it must mean that they want to connect with a particular thing that's far removed from them, and anything that gets in the way had better begone. When I think about it this way, it would indeed explain why there's no teleporting avatars in Accel World.
Spoiler for Exception, or not:

Therefore, Purple is a mix between the two: you're concerned with reaching to something or someone beyond your reach and you're not exactly afraid with beating up anything and everything that gets in your way. As long as you have an eye on a higher goal, you can push yourself to do it, most of the time. This explains quite well, I'm happy to say, why Purples are rewarded with ranged abilities.

Greens wish to protect others, which shares with Blue to common aspect of trying to deal with a pressing, present problem. Perhaps. The point I actually want to raise is Yellow, which must therefore relate to people around you. Perhaps they have an attitude of pushing everything onto other people, making them do all the work / ignoring the very real issues that you have only yourself to answer fall.

Without Yellow concretely confirmed, I dare not touch too early on Orange.

Metals is the relevation here that was not useful. It's known from Argon Array that it takes a particularly traumatic childhood to form a metal colour, the metaphor here being that the thick shells of suppressed memories protect the rest of the child's mind. The creation of the metal colour is therefore a wish combined with suppression.

I need to look deeper into the reactions of children upon being traumatised, methinks.
Old 2014-04-14, 10:14   Link #223
c933103
FTNR

Can you guys access http://www.accel-world.net/ , the anime's official site now?
Old 2014-04-18, 01:16   Link #224
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Can you guys access http://www.accel-world.net/ , the anime's official site now?
4 days in and still network error.The reason is probably because:
A.The site crashed and is under maintenance.
Or
B.It's being updated for some announcement.

(almost 0% chance of B though,but i guess we can hope.)

Update:site's up,theres nothing new so nvm.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
Old 2014-05-31, 11:35   Link #225
Parousia

I don't know if this was asked before but, What happens when a Burst Linker uses another Burst Linker's Neuro Linker to access BB? Who's avatar will appear?

Ash Roller's story might be an answer, but Rin is not a Burst Linker(or is she?)
Old 2014-05-31, 11:39   Link #226
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It'll be the NL's owner (the one who was given BB at the time of installation) whose avatar will appear. A copy of his soul is saved into the NL as well as the Main Visualiser; so if someone else was to wear it, it'd be safe to assume that its the owner's avatar that will appear, regardleas of whether they have their own Neuro Linker with Brain Burst installed.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:50   Link #227
Parousia

Thank You for answering that, I've been searching forums but no one seems to be talking about it.

Another question again,Is it true that once BB is installed all future events associated with BB will be stored somewhere in NL, thus making it easier for BB to remove memories since it's not in the brain?
Old 2014-05-31, 11:56   Link #228
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Yes.

Regular duels (including tag team and battle royales) are saved to the copy in the Neuro Linker. When all Points are lost and BB is uninstalled, this copy is *probably* deleted.

Memories of being in the Unlimited Field are saved to a copy in the Main Visualiser, aka BB's central server. This copy is retained even after uninstallation of Brain Burst; since it retains some likeness to the player's soul, hence the system can tell if someone is trying to install Brain Burst again based on this copy. Or some other means not known yet.

Uninstallation therefore severs the connection between the Server copy and the NL copy from the original soul of the player, leaving him without any memories of Brain Burst whatsoever.

Now if you'll excuse me... I'm trying to sleep :x
Old 2014-05-31, 12:01   Link #229
Parousia

Thanks again, well I'll continue my questions tomorrow then.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:32   Link #230
Parousia

I don't know if someone requested this before, so I'll just post it.

Can you guys make a post about Avatar Colors, something about why and how they get their color, and what type of Life Scar or Trauma does the Colors indicate.

Last edited by Parousia; 2014-06-07 at 00:52. Reason: Changed my Question
Old 2014-06-16, 23:34   Link #231
Rei.
Dreamer ~

Just wondering, are the OVAs worth a watch?
Old 2014-06-17, 05:53   Link #232
Parousia

Yes, it is worth watching.
Old 2014-06-20, 04:23   Link #233
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I wrote this as a guide for an RP forum last year, but the information is still up to date last I checked.

http://www.accelworldrp.com/t1511-ex...e-pure-colours

Post your questions here though. I no longer am active on that forum.
Old 2014-06-20, 11:06   Link #234
Parousia

Thanks for the answer Tusjecht,
but does Wolfram Cerberus and Magnesium Drake Metal Colors has a meaning or something? Because I got curious about the different shades of metal.
Old 2014-06-22, 19:10   Link #235
sumusiko

Anyone knows if its possible to maybe make a kickstart or start a petition for the producers to make a second season? it's been 2 years since Accel world anime ended and only 2 OVA's and 7 special episodes have been made, they probably made them to get enough money for season 2 however they probably didn't make enough, hence why I am asking if there's a way for us to appeal for a second season
Old 2014-06-23, 08:47   Link #236
Ragecry

Talk on another thread is that everytime somebody showed on the Dengeki Bunko banner they would get a new season..

Have the banner:
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...12668526_n.jpg
Old 2014-06-23, 09:39   Link #237
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecry View Post
Talk on another thread is that everytime somebody showed on the Dengeki Bunko banner they would get a new season..

Have the banner:
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...12668526_n.jpg
could you show me the thread link?

And yea I've seen that banner and rumors but is that event really that famous? I really hope that there will be a second season and the dvd's have been released in australia a few days ago so there's still demand for the anime for sure however I'm not sure if there's enough money to be made that makes the producers move towards a second season although accel world does seem to be a bit popular. (not as much now since it's 2 years old.)
Old 2014-06-24, 07:19   Link #238
Ragecry

Thread link would be this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post5148750

The hope for Accel seems to be higher over Japan so, eh. If any of those two comes, it's already a win-win situation.
Old 2014-06-24, 14:27   Link #239
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecry View Post
Thread link would be this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post5148750

The hope for Accel seems to be higher over Japan so, eh. If any of those two comes, it's already a win-win situation.
I swear, if accel world season 2 comes out I'll buy all the Light novels out there even if they are in japanese just to support them with the producing of the anime.
Old 2014-06-25, 08:22   Link #240
c933103
FTNR

But the problem is that AW's anime production company is now busy with some other more profit-making series from what I learn...plus, novel sale does not directly related to anime production...you should probably buy figures produced in accordance to anime and their BD/DVD...
Closed Thread