AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-21, 13:20   Link #221
SinsI

I wonder what happens with the monster meat afterwards. Does it not decay at all?
And speaking of composite weapons, what if you coat mundane weapons in some invader tissue - would it still be unable to affect them?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 12:15   Link #222
Breimoon

wow so they just made a mess with this episode. WHile in the episode before uq holders weapons were useless against normal materials here it almost wrecked a ship in about a sec.......
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 12:38   Link #223
SinsI

And this time Sio's weapons worked just fine against Clayton Forrester, contradicting what we learned in the previous episode...
Old 2014-02-23, 12:47   Link #224
Tenzen12

It still might get explained later, but if not, well it would be quite big flaw...

Hey Breimoon, I know it would be nice if Shio and others were immortal, but unfortunetely it's not that case
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 14:03   Link #225
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
wow so they just made a mess with this episode. WHile in the episode before uq holders weapons were useless against normal materials here it almost wrecked a ship in about a sec.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
And this time Sio's weapons worked just fine against Clayton Forrester, contradicting what we learned in the previous episode...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It still might get explained later, but if not, well it would be quite big flaw...

Hey Breimoon, I know it would be nice if Shio and others were immortal, but unfortunetely it's not that case
So I was not the only one who went at seeing her tear the ship apart - okay, am not going crazy.

That aside though, it was a pretty good ep, especially liked seeing Shio's battle smarts manifesting while she was not "taken over" (or whatever one might call the scenes when Nobunaga shows up). I think this is the first time we have seen E.O. launching other types of itself as weapons, yes? Definitely a step up from one carrying another bomber style back in the hurricane ep.

Though the holders seemed familiar with the types that were launched at them per se....
Old 2014-02-23, 14:55   Link #226
ChampDream
Alive

It was a good episode.
Sio was awesome, seeing what the enemy was doing.
Old 2014-02-23, 15:39   Link #227
Elestia

Poor Cyx had his dreams crushed upon meeting with the "real" Sio.
Old 2014-02-23, 15:55   Link #228
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Poor Cyx had his dreams crushed upon meeting with the "real" Sio.
That was Gaudi. Suho(Cyx) is the glasses girl that creates all the machines they travel on.
Old 2014-02-23, 15:56   Link #229
ReddyRedWolf

Well that is something Geronimo and Jack have a rivalry. Since their schtick is cutting stuff.

Gaudi, Sio and Hunter are the Nakama types of their respective teams. Which causes friction with the pragmatic team leaders.

Sio shows again her battle sense. The info was need to know as she can't distract either Gandhi or Newton. She had to do it herself.

Oh poor Gaudi he is disappointed as is a fake.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 17:49   Link #230
HandofFate

Good episode.
Even everything did start in the water.
I didn't expect so much fighting to be water based, water fights as a whole tend to be rather rare.

I was afraid 08 was going to have a really mean cliffhanger, but at least it stayed to finish it. Smart thinking by nobunagun. Was also worried that Nobunagun was going to have a rookie moment, and her moment of hesitation ended up costing their warship.

I never really bought the line about how AU weapons are the only ways to fight the E.O.....
since we never actually seen conventional weaponry used against them. Or any hints of any type of AT field like in Eva.. And in the same episode, the US was planning to throw a nuclear bomb at the ship....so seems conventional weaponry does work?

Might be an error in translation, or just the scriptwriter of the episode got sloppy.
Old 2014-02-23, 18:10   Link #231
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
At the moment I kinda agree with tenzen12 about the possibility of it being explained later. If not, well - perhaps it is just sloppiness. Not that big a deal for me as a am enjoying the story as a whole thus far.
Old 2014-02-23, 18:45   Link #232
ReddyRedWolf

In the end Nobunagan's guns are still kinetic energy weapons.

The reason why Sio needed help from destroyers may run the same rationality the USS Missouri was used against aliens in Battleship.

The Musashi a battleship can take a hell of a lot of punishment.

What Sio is packing are mostly anti-personnel rounds. That can't penetrate thick battleship armor.
Old 2014-02-23, 18:58   Link #233
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Given how things are, I'd rule in favor of "Rule of Cool". It's a cool way to solve the issue, so who cares if it hurts consistency?

Also, LOL at that dream. Shio's definitely got Nobunaga's pre-Meiji sexuality (remember, this guy was historically married, yet also had a male lover in Ranmaru Mori). I think the next episode will clear up just who she feels platonically for -- Asao, or Jack?
Old 2014-02-24, 13:26   Link #234
erdii

well I really understand Gaudi's feelings
Old 2014-02-24, 19:59   Link #235
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 08

Seriously Shio's dream nice

Shio should have more confidence is to say what she thinks instead of hesitating :S

So next re-see Asao-san... that I saw the preview, I'm not surprised that she is also a carrier of E-gen I just hope she not died for next episode ... as Asao-san said she would protect Shio risking her life :s

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2014-02-25 at 00:00.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 21:30   Link #236
Casshern

I just hope the plot starts soon. After 8 episodes the characters still have no depth. The enemies still have no motives or reason, indeed they are mere punching bags for the characters to show off on. Even the action, this anime's only redeeming quality, is gradually becoming less entertaining.

When the old lady said she would personally oversee the battle I thought something interesting might happen. I didn't expect the she would literally do nothing but watch and give the retreat order. Not even gonna go into the 5 minutes of exposition before the the missile landed.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 03:42   Link #237
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Ep 08

Seriously Shio's dream nice

Shio should have more confidence is to say what she thinks instead of hesitating :S

So next re-see Asao-san... that I saw the preview, I'm not surprised that she is also a carrier of E-gen I just hope she not died for next episode ... as Asao-san said she would protect Shio risking her life :s
If Asao is a E-Gene Holder what are the chances her genetic donor is Ranmaru?
Old 2014-02-25, 04:02   Link #238
Tenzen12

If Asao is a E-Gene Holder what are the chances her genetic donor is Mitsuhide?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 04:20   Link #239
Shyni

Mitsuhide and Ranmaru might be too obvious, considering how random this cast is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Well they did mention that normal weapons would not work against the invaders in the first few episodes, so it would kind of make sense that AU weapons don't work on regular stuff as well.

At least this way it won't be a one-sided slaughter if some E-gene user were to become overpowered (invaders integrate more regular materials into their monster compositions).
This also means we probably won't get a civilization-destroying E-gene holder based on somebody associated with nuclear weapons or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Good episode.
I never really bought the line about how AU weapons are the only ways to fight the E.O.....
since we never actually seen conventional weaponry used against them. Or any hints of any type of AT field like in Eva.. And in the same episode, the US was planning to throw a nuclear bomb at the ship....so seems conventional weaponry does work?

Might be an error in translation, or just the scriptwriter of the episode got sloppy.
The first episode had missiles and stuff launched against the large invader, IIRC.

And with the nuke thing, maybe they were hoping that the heat would be enough to destroy the ship underneath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I just hope the plot starts soon. After 8 episodes the characters still have no depth. The enemies still have no motives or reason, indeed they are mere punching bags for the characters to show off on. Even the action, this anime's only redeeming quality, is gradually becoming less entertaining.
To be honest, even the action wasn't all that impressive. I mainly picked this up because I loved Sio's expressions.

I wonder if Dogoo makes their boats out of invader bodies. Or paper-mache.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 15:42   Link #240
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
If Asao is a E-Gene Holder what are the chances her genetic donor is Ranmaru?
In a first episode we see Ranmaru and logicaly Asao-san's E-gene is Ranmaru... I think.