Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-07-18, 14:53   Link #221
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Uh, yeah, it was like real nice.. But I didn't quite get it.

Why was Alicia so sleepy? A hard day of changing traditions? I thought she was retired and married off. What did she change? What did the Association men want her to do? Why didn't she want to do it? And if the Undines are all women, why are the Association representatives men?
Alicia retired from Aria company to dedicate herself full time to the Tourism Association [wasn't it Gondolier Association?] and, like Flower said, it seems like her goal is to change the current pair system that seems to be not 100% perfect at the moment. Probably for every Akari/Alice/Aika there are plenty of others who drop out as was hinted during this latest OVA.
Old 2016-08-10, 20:47   Link #222
gdpetti

I would assume that there's not that many jobs in a tourist town that caters to those from Earth, that's usually the situation anyway, so maintaining good relations among the businesses and populace of the town/small city must be the key to her job, and why Alicia was wanted for the part. Grandma seems to be on the council, right? She must be tired of the politics in the job... it could be that this Assoc. is the tourist assoc, more so than the gondolier assoc, or even part of the city council, as a tourist town is dependent upon the tourists and it seems that much of this business still centers around those gondoliers who really make it seem like Ole Venice, otherwise, it's not really much different than any other tourist town on any other 'rural' planet. I'd assume Aria is the only real town of any size on Mars and they still have to deal with the political BS from Earth, who isn't yet trying to take over control of the planet.... YET! Maybe that's part of the job? Keeping everyone content if not happy, as it seems that these two companies, Orange and the other original one, keeps growing... and any tourist town can only grow so much before tensions arise, and that is most likely why the assoc wanted Alicia, beloved by all, respected etc.... to deal with these tensions in a limited community and industry.... tensions that Manworld-Earth politicians/businesses would be quick to exploit... same as our American empire does today to achieve global dominance... such as that written about in "An Economic Hitman"... but the mangaka of Aria isn't the type to get into such topics... similar so far to her recent Amanchu!, which has the same nice feel to it and the people, but doesn't get political at all, but what animes every do?
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 21:45   Link #223
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... Grandma on the Council? That would be interesting if she was. To be honest I do not remember hearing any mention of that either in the source manga or the anime adaptations though.

Also, I am not sure if New Venezia is the only city on Aqua. I seem to remember in the anime seasons a fair number of clients who were neither from Manhome nor Neo Venezia proper who came to take the Gondola tours.
Old 2016-08-11, 16:02   Link #224
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... Grandma on the Council? That would be interesting if she was. To be honest I do not remember hearing any mention of that either in the source manga or the anime adaptations though.

Also, I am not sure if New Venezia is the only city on Aqua. I seem to remember in the anime seasons a fair number of clients who were neither from Manhome nor Neo Venezia proper who came to take the Gondola tours.
And do remember that Grandma lives outside of Neo-Venezia. I doubt she's a loner all the way out in the middle of nowhere so there's probably at least a small village near her home.
Old 2017-01-30, 00:13   Link #225
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Finally, finally I caught up to this series after months of watching all 3 seasons of this wonderful show. Wow, I never thought that I would find a show of this slice of life genre that I end up liking it more than Tamayura. I am saddened that it's finally over, and boy what an way to end it.

If they were to make another season, I would prefer to watch a prequel involving the three fairies and how they became Primas at a more extent and detail level. If not, then Ai and her new crew can work out just fine, but also have some flashback scenes that we haven't seen yet.

Also, I gotta say that I like Akari the best. I usually don't like the main heroine for any show, but Akari showed how wonderful she is.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 15:21   Link #226
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Finally, finally I caught up to this series after months of watching all 3 seasons of this wonderful show. Wow, I never thought that I would find a show of this slice of life genre that I end up liking it more than Tamayura. I am saddened that it's finally over, and boy what an way to end it.

If they were to make another season, I would prefer to watch a prequel involving the three fairies and how they became Primas at a more extent and detail level. If not, then Ai and her new crew can work out just fine, but also have some flashback scenes that we haven't seen yet.

Also, I gotta say that I like Akari the best. I usually don't like the main heroine for any show, but Akari showed how wonderful she is.
I'm very sorry. Now you join us in lamenting the loss that is ending Aria. The only solution I have is to rewatch everything all over again and trying not to get too emotional at the homage Avvenire does to the late Kawakami Tomoko-san (Athena's VA).
Old 2017-01-31, 12:01   Link #227
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Yes it's sad that she is gone and that Aria will never be the same again if more seasons are made. It's almost time to rewatch season 3 again after rewatching the first two twice already.
Old 2017-01-31, 14:16   Link #228
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Yes it's sad that she is gone and that Aria will never be the same again if more seasons are made. It's almost time to rewatch season 3 again after rewatching the first two twice already.
Season 3 is the hardest for me. When it suddenly switches gears to finishing up everyone's story and the girls start getting promoted it really becomes hard not to get a bit emotional with Alicia-san
Old 2017-02-04, 22:16   Link #229
Julio C
Bury My Shell

I really like how each season focused on a central theme. Season 1 introduces all the characters, setting, and overall tone of the show. Season 2 furthers explores the world of Aria, and strongly focuses on Caith Sith and the world of cats. Season 3 seals it with what was to come out of it. Avvenire is the fruit of what was build upon.

Let's see what comes next in the future.