Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-30, 14:51   Link #221
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
This is what she looks like in the manga:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I suspect this is her in the novels:
Images

From what I read, she starts out relatively normal but slowly gets warped by Tanya and her war-mongers...
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Tanya was leering at her.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 17:21   Link #222
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Tanya was leering at her.
Nah, that's just her normal expression
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 13:34   Link #223
kari-no-sugata II

Full version of chapter 3 is out. I enjoyed this chapter immensely - the best yet. I'll write some more comments later but we do see Visha a fair bit. Her first impression of Tanya is a bit of a surprise though...
Old 2016-05-31, 14:15   Link #224
steam fish

I'm betting the part where Visha thought Tanya was worried about her and panicking like a kid was actually because Tanya just didn't want to go back to the frontlines XD
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 16:31   Link #225
J4n1

Quote:
Nah, that's just her normal expression
So Tanya leers at everyone? All the time?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 17:50   Link #226
Breidaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
So Tanya leers at everyone? All the time?
it's just her charismatic "Vampire" smile
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 06:58   Link #227
kari-no-sugata II

Some extended thoughts on chapter 3...

I'm not someone who reads much on war and soldiers in general but I've really enjoyed this side of the series so far. Feels "real". It's also interesting to get that aspect combined with economic and social theories - I've read numerous articles over the years that mention things like the Chicago school of economic theory and many of the other things our MC has thought about.

We're finally starting to see Tanya interact with others in a "team". Her interactions with her immediate superior (Schwarzkopf) were great fun, both the slightly tense introduction and then later camaraderie - I LOL'd when Tanya joked about her small size being a benefit.

Her interactions with Visha certainly look like they might be quite interesting long term since Tanya prefers to project an image that gives her a good evaluation to her superiors but that exact same image would have the opposite effect on Visha. It'll be interesting to see how they interact in more "normal" circumstances, though so far the story has very much focused on more action orientated scenes - looks like Tanya earned her "ace of aces" break at the end so I hope she can bring Visha along.

Tanya's attitude towards her first subordinates in general was certainly interesting. It looks volunteers are (probably) idiots beyond saving to her while she has a certain degree of sympathy to those forced into a similar situation to herself. Though Tanya does think about using others at meat-shields, she's also clearly against wasting talented/capable people. Being on a battlefield is certainly not a pleasant experience but being behind Tanya has got to be one of the most secure places available

PS I'd be happy to help with the translation effort if it was a WN... but my kanji skills aren't good enough for a LN. I greatly appreciate the effort that went into this.
Old 2016-06-01, 11:46   Link #228
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Goddamn all these military jargons It took me hours to finish reading this chapter because I took a couple of rests when reading it (work, tiredetc). Bretty nice chapter though, nice work for the translators who's doing this.

Also I don't know whether the blogsite can do it or not, but is it possible to link the footnote instead of making me use page down to look and read it?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 08:15   Link #229
Elestia

Quote:
Tanya's attitude towards her first subordinates in general was certainly interesting. It looks volunteers are (probably) idiots beyond saving to her while she has a certain degree of sympathy to those forced into a similar situation to herself. Though Tanya does think about using others at meat-shields, she's also clearly against wasting talented/capable people. Being on a battlefield is certainly not a pleasant experience but being behind Tanya has got to be one of the most secure places available
It probably has to due with Tanya's disdain towards people who are considered to be "battle maniacs" that fight for their country because of nationalism/patriotism, which she views as highly irrational. Willingly sacrificing the young men of the country is something she saw as huge waste of human resources. On the other hand Visha, or people who were conscripted, were more likely placed higher personal value on their lives than for the sake of the country, or more rational. Although, Visha is not above sacrificing herself for the sake of her own comrades.

Still, it was a good chapter. Maybe we will see Tanya on her vacation adventure now.
Old 2016-06-02, 12:16   Link #230
J4n1

I kinda agree on the use volunteers first tactic.
Volunteers are there by choice, conscripts are not.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 18:06   Link #231
Nzine

What a great novel, I was under the impression that she wouldnt have used the Type-95 to spite X but I guess its too useful of a tool.

I find it amusing imagining post Magic-World War(or atleast Europe?War) where everything is obsessively-analyzed like WW2 battles, strategies, what-if's, etc. And then theres Tanya, so ridiculous and out of context, some people think she didnt exist but theres too much video and information on her that proves otherwise.

Spoiler for spoiler question:
Nzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 23:45   Link #232
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Some extended thoughts on chapter 3...

I'm not someone who reads much on war and soldiers in general but I've really enjoyed this side of the series so far. Feels "real". It's also interesting to get that aspect combined with economic and social theories - I've read numerous articles over the years that mention things like the Chicago school of economic theory and many of the other things our MC has thought about.

We're finally starting to see Tanya interact with others in a "team". Her interactions with her immediate superior (Schwarzkopf) were great fun, both the slightly tense introduction and then later camaraderie - I LOL'd when Tanya joked about her small size being a benefit.

Her interactions with Visha certainly look like they might be quite interesting long term since Tanya prefers to project an image that gives her a good evaluation to her superiors but that exact same image would have the opposite effect on Visha. It'll be interesting to see how they interact in more "normal" circumstances, though so far the story has very much focused on more action orientated scenes - looks like Tanya earned her "ace of aces" break at the end so I hope she can bring Visha along.

PS I'd be happy to help with the translation effort if it was a WN... but my kanji skills aren't good enough for a LN. I greatly appreciate the effort that went into this.
Youjo Senki do have WN version, if you would like to translate the WN you might also try that. The WN and LN have some slight differences at the beginning but as the story developthey branches toward different direction.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 05:35   Link #233
Zefyris
図書館狼

I don't think someone who still has problem with reading kanji could have a Japanese proficiency level good enough to properly translate youjo senki anyway. This is one of the hardest LN to translate out there ImO.
Old 2016-06-03, 20:00   Link #234
Elestia

The guy who is translating the LN said the difficulty is on the level of a college thesis paper.
Old 2016-06-14, 08:03   Link #235
Zefyris
図書館狼

So to confir msomething I said on a previous page, since I finally got my hands on the 5th volume, confirming that it isn't the last volume.

That the 6th volume will be released during summer 2016.
Its title will be "Nil admirari".
Old 2016-06-15, 17:34   Link #236
nijok

anyone i can find the second manga ?
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 04:17   Link #237
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijok View Post
anyone i can find the second manga ?
What is" the second manga"?
Old 2016-06-16, 07:08   Link #238
FormerLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
What is" the second manga"?
I think he is refering to the second chapter of the manga.
FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 22:56   Link #239
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Say hello to volume 6 and operation notBarbarossa on notSoviet Union.
Images

Last edited by soularc55; 2016-06-18 at 22:59. Reason: image too big
soularc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 06:50   Link #240
SifaV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soularc55 View Post
Say hello to volume 6 and operation notBarbarossa on notSoviet Union.
Images
Is that the cover art for volume 6? The art style looks really different to the previous ones.
SifaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genocide, loli, reincarnated mc, salaryman