AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-22, 18:20   Link #221
Kazu-kun

Well, the subtitle for the show is "the two princeps" so maybe both Mangetsu and Suishou are princeps. Notice they have the same gradient in their hair, and the same eye color. Could be coincidence but maybe there's more to it.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-08-22 at 18:37.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 05:53   Link #222
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Suishou seems to be very experienced in combat. It's also being built up in the past episodes that she is somehow related or responsible on the curse on Kuon's sis. The story can now focus on the curse, since the issue on Anna is already finished.

Can't wait for the episode tomorrow. ^^

@Kazu

that's a nice theory on the hair
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 15:19   Link #223
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, the subtitle for the show is "the two princeps" so maybe both Mangetsu and Suishou are princeps. Notice they have the same gradient in their hair, and the same eye color. Could be coincidence but maybe there's more to it.

You where half right, Shishou(aka teacher in chinese) is something very powerfu..but seems Mangetsu Family is something even more...was their mother the previous princeps or something?

Someone add the yuri tag please
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 15:33   Link #224
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was not expecting this. Not only did Anna not survive, she was completely erased from existence and replaced by that one girl. The only ones who remember her are the ones who participated in the latest battle, so just four people. Shingetsu blames herself, of course.

So, is it Magiawhat'sthename's doing (could be a mechanism to protect the mages' secret), or Suishou's?

Theory that Mangetsu is a previous winner are getting confirmed. Not just because Nene noticed her power level was off the charts, but also because we now know it's possible for a person to be inserted into another family. What's interesting is that Kibou also has high magical levels. Was she perhaps created by Mangetsu?

Suishou makes for a good villain. Manipulative and sexy. This may ultimately all be a game between her and Mangetsu.

On a lighter note, we found out Shingetsu didn't undress Mangetsu in the second ep, and that they reappear naked if they don't IMAGE themselves going back to the real world when the battle ends.
Old 2019-08-23, 16:24   Link #225
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Theory that Mangetsu is a previous winner are getting confirmed. Not just because Nene noticed her power level was off the charts, but also because we now know it's possible for a person to be inserted into another family. What's interesting is that Kibou also has high magical levels. Was she perhaps created by Mangetsu?
My working theory right now is that the whole family was made by Mangetsu. Kibou probably exists for the sole purpose of creating interference to keep Mangetsu's power hidden.

Mangetsu probably erased her own memory and kept the Granbelm going on so she could keep fighting indefinitely. We now know something like that is trivial for the power of a true mage. As Nene said, we're talking enough power to re-write history, so now it's literally impossible to know what part of this world is real and what part Mangetsu's creation.

For all we know, even Shingetsu might be Mangetsu's creation. Maybe Mangetsu wanted a friend and willed Shingetsu into existence. At this point, even that is plausible.
Old 2019-08-23, 18:18   Link #226
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
I was not expecting this. Not only did Anna not survive, she was completely erased from existence and replaced by that one girl. The only ones who remember her are the ones who participated in the latest battle, so just four people. Shingetsu blames herself, of course.

So, is it Magiawhat'sthename's doing (could be a mechanism to protect the mages' secret), or Suishou's?

Suishou makes for a good villain. Manipulative and sexy. This may ultimately all be a game between her and Mangetsu.

On a lighter note, we found out Shingetsu didn't undress Mangetsu in the second ep, and that they reappear naked if they don't IMAGE themselves going back to the real world when the battle ends.
Yeah Anna was literally Retconnected in universe and remplaced by a short haired equivalent

That Fucking explain nene mother, whatever the previous princeps do...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 21:25   Link #227
Wandering Soul

I thought the worse that would happen to Anna is that she would end up in some sort of coma or something. Getting retconned out of existence is not what I expected and a terrible fate.
Old 2019-08-24, 02:58   Link #228
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Theory that Mangetsu is a previous winner are getting confirmed.
Rather than a winner, the contest itself may be a lie she created.

Quote:
I wonder what happens if you image yourself covered in gold and platinum jewelry? Or with a bigger magic stone...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 03:07   Link #229
Applehell

Ooof. I guess this our first death in the series then, at least technically?

I wonder if this would have happened even she had won against Shingetsu as it was implied the by the explanation as I understand it, what happened to Anna was largely the result of backlash from drawing more power from the Fugo magic stone then she could handle.

The also plot thickens with Mangetsu who is generating power that goes even beyond what the mages of old were capable of.

Quote:
The mecha designer for the show posts interesting details sometimes. Here's a few I remember from the top of my head:

Spoiler for Not really spoiler but to be safe:
I think earlier episode during Nene's arc mentioned that Granbelm at this point was in it's later stages and that was strange to still be this many competitors. Anna more or less affirms this when she mentions to her mother she that she made among the final five. So yeah Mangetsu just entering out of nowhere rather than being present from the start has been hinted at being strange. No to mention she only became aware being a mage recently, meaning her power had not interfered with her life up till now. If she is indeed the wining of last Granbelm does mean she erased her memories of it and created a new history for herself?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 03:33   Link #230
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
No to mention she only became aware being a mage recently, meaning her power had not interfered with her life up till now.
What life? Didn't you see her photo album was empty? She only has very recent pictures, but not old ones. Sure that scene was framed as a dream but chances are it was real

So we can make an educated guess that she doesn't really have a life. She magicked herself a life. As Nene explained, with that amount of magical power you can literally change history, and what happened to Anna is an example of that. Mangetsu probably did the same to herself.

The only question is whether Mangetsu acquired her magical power by winning a previous Granbelm or she always had it and the Granbelm is just something she created to amuse herself.

Either way, the current Granbelm is pretty much pointless. The girls are fighting believing the winner will get the magical power stored in the Magiaconatus, but that power is not there anymore (if it ever was there). That power is outside and belongs to Mangetsu.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-08-24 at 06:46.
Old 2019-08-24, 05:47   Link #231
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 8:

it's become a little quiet without any DOPAMINE, err... I mean Anna is gone. xD

whoa.. the writers are brave enough to show two girls kiss by the lips. Did not expect that.

I was sort of creeped out when Kuon's older sister suddenly started walking.

Suishou feels like some sort of evil entity that might actually be not human.

Nene-nee is investigating the mystery of Granbelm. I hope she can discover the truth.

Next week it's Mangetsu and Ernesta vs Suishou. Can't wait for next week!
Old 2019-08-24, 08:32   Link #232
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

being erased from existence is a terrible fate than dying, reminds me of the victims in Shakugan no Shana.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 10:07   Link #233
Applehell

Quote:
What life? Didn't you see her photo album was empty? She only has very recent pictures, but not old ones. Sure that scene was framed as a dream but chances are it was real
I mean feels like the dream was more linked to Suishou getting to her than possible memory manipulation which is why she having it now. I agree that this very good chance of what is happening but I'm not sure if this straight proof of the
at itself. Especially compared to what happend Anna whose history manipulation is perfect. Even photos back to when she was child to recent has been altered, so it be weird for it not be same with Mangetsu.

Quote:
Either way, the current Granbelm is pretty much pointless. The girls are fighting believing the winner will get the magical power stored in the Magiaconatus, but that power is not there anymore (if it ever was there). That power is outside and belongs to Mangetsu.

I don't know about that. Magiaconatus is still adsorbing and producing magic as normal and Mangetsu (and her house) was describe as only one of the magic factors that exist. So her wining doesn't necessary mean she got all the power, but suggest she already a "princeps" or "witch" as Anna calls it.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 13:59   Link #234
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I don't know about that. Magiaconatus is still adsorbing and producing magic as normal and Mangetsu (and her house) was describe as only one of the magic factors that exist. So her wining doesn't necessary mean she got all the power, but suggest she already a "princeps" or "witch" as Anna calls it.
I'm following Nene's reasoning here:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

According to Nene, the massive quantity of magical readings in the city contradicts the theory that magic is sealed in the Magiaconatus. The Magiaconatus probably only holds the minimal necessary to run the Granbelm and nothing else. The rest is outside. It was there under everyone's nose, hidden by magic interference.

It might also be possible that Mangetsu is the Magiaconatus itself. In her dreams she's all alone, floating around the moon. Maybe that's how the Magiaconatus felt over the years. So one day, unable to bear the loneliness anymore, it decided to take human form and come down to Earth, bringing all the magic with it.

Either way, the Granbelm is indeed pointless. The magic is already unsealed. Mangetsu will probably remember this after defeating Suishou.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-08-24 at 14:24.
Old 2019-08-24, 22:08   Link #235
Magewolf

Quote:
I'm following Nene's reasoning here:

Images

According to Nene, the massive quantity of magical readings in the city contradicts the theory that magic is sealed in the Magiaconatus. The Magiaconatus probably only holds the minimal necessary to run the Granbelm and nothing else. The rest is outside. It was there under everyone's nose, hidden by magic interference.

It might also be possible that Mangetsu is the Magiaconatus itself. In her dreams she's all alone, floating around the moon. Maybe that's how the Magiaconatus felt over the years. So one day, unable to bear the loneliness anymore, it decided to take human form and come down to Earth, bringing all the magic with it.

Either way, the Granbelm is indeed pointless. The magic is already unsealed. Mangetsu will probably remember this after defeating Suishou.
I thought that Nene was implying that Magiaconatus did not contain the magic it was just suppressing the power of all the mages on the planet. There is actually more magic power around then back in the old days(perhaps because there are a lot more mages around?) but no one can use it.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 06:08   Link #236
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I thought that Nene was implying that Magiaconatus did not contain the magic it was just suppressing the power of all the mages on the planet.
What Nene suggested is that someone has changed history to make everyone believe magic is in the Magiaconatus. Whether it was like that since the beginning or something recently is up in the air. Maybe there was never any magic in the Magiaconatus, or maybe it was there at some point but was unsealed. We can't tell what's the truth at this point.

Quote:
but no one can use it.
Mangetsu can use it. Mangetsu has the power of an actual Mage. In Nene's laptop you can see her magical reaction is several times larger than Shingetsu's. She either won the Granbelm and got the magic, which would explain why the magic was unsealed. Or she's the Magiaconatus itself and the other Magiaconatus is just an empty shell.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-08-25 at 06:26.
Old 2019-08-25, 07:51   Link #237
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I like the theory that Mangetsu herself is the magiaconatus itself that gained sentience. One thing that can support this is that it seems Mangetsu house is where the most powerful magic reaction on Nene's laptop.

Another theory is that she's a previous winner, but had amnesia for some reason. Hmm... possible too.

More info would probably be revealed once Suishou is defeated, and the curse on Kuon's sis become resolved.
Old 2019-08-25, 10:00   Link #238
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At the moment, I'm more interested in Suishou, who doesn't seem to have a lot of magic power according to Nenene's radar. I heard her mech is also said to have the worst output on the official website. Yet, she's been dominating the others effortlessly. Can she hide her magical power even after Nenene unveiled the magic?

I think the most obvious theory right now is that Mangetsu and Suishou are the two princeps mentioned in the subtitle of the show (logo equally divided into pink and blue, like their hair), but that seems too easy an answer.
Old 2019-08-25, 10:17   Link #239
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think the most obvious theory right now is that Mangetsu and Suishou are the two princeps mentioned in the subtitle of the show (logo equally divided into pink and blue, like their hair), but that seems too easy an answer.
I don't know who the "two princeps" in the title refer to, but I can confirm the show's logo is comprised of Mangetsu and Shingetsu's magic sigils.

Images

Interistingly, the part in pink is actually Shingetsu's sigil while the blue one is Mangetsu's.

No idea what that means though.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-08-25 at 10:36.
Old 2019-08-25, 10:47   Link #240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's interesting. I don't know what to make of it, either.

Tags
female lead, holygrail, magical girl, mecha