AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-09, 03:33   Link #221
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But AC was a sequel and not a game adaptation, i.e they used new material and tied it in to everything FF7. Despite its flaws, it was gobbled up by the faithful.

Episodic nature of DMC can tie in to the games. Down time between games could mean that he's doing stuff like this. The game isn't the only resource here. They are also looking at the novels and manga for inspiration. If anything, I bet that this is more faithful in spirit to the novels and manga.

DVDs sell more for original plot than a regurgitation of the game because R1 won't pay twice for something unless it's AC imo. Even Afro Samurai debuted the anime before the game. Of course, the major selling point to that anime was Samuel L. Jackson. Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho hasn't seen the light of day in R1 so it operates here with a clean slate imo. Even When They Cry was released over here without TIPs so far which is a way of distancing it from the game if this trend continues for the R1 release of Higurashi no Naku Koroni.

Last edited by orion; 2007-07-09 at 03:45.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 03:37   Link #222
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But AC was a sequel and not a game adaptation, i.e they used new material and tied it in to everything FF7. Despite its flaws, it was gobbled up by the faithful.
Like I said earlier, I didn't mean to say the anime adapting the game, just as Advent Children isn't an adaptation of the FFVII game. What I was pointing out is that even Advent Children stems from an (previously) established story.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 03:53   Link #223
orion

Yeah, we're basically saying similar things but coming to slightly different conclusions.

Yep, we just need to wait and see.
Old 2007-07-09, 09:56   Link #224
Jackster

So far i´m quite pleased with the Anime. Of course it could have been better, but also could have been more worse.
And judgeing from the Opening (Dante vs. Phantom) we still have a good Chance for having a (hopefully larger) Flashback to the first Game. And at the End of the Opening, the Setting looks like it could be in the Underworld.
So there are still some hints that there can be some big Events still coming, hopefully.^^
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 11:29   Link #225
orion

What I think is a shame is that DMC is not receiving any "love" while other titles are.
Old 2007-07-09, 12:46   Link #226
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

I kinda hope Dante recieves some new Devil Arms in the anime or maybe even use some of his old Devil Arms. It would be nice to see him use a weapon besides Rebellion or his guns. Of course, I have a hard time imagining anime Dante using Nevan for some reason. But Beowulf or Ifrit would be a sweet addition to the series IMO.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 05:37   Link #227
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

haha, just saw epi 4,
Spoiler for xD:
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 05:42   Link #228
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 5 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 10:12   Link #229
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I like the ending song. What is the name of it?
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 10:42   Link #230
ItachiGT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 5 ~
Spoiler:
Hm, somewhat if they continue just like that without a real story this will get pretty boring.
If they don't start the "real" story by the eps. 7 , i think will drop this......
ItachiGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 10:47   Link #231
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
I like the ending song. What is the name of it?
I'll be your home, by Rin Oikawa.
Old 2007-07-14, 02:31   Link #232
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Episode 5 is better compared to episode 4. That guy (whatever his name is) follows Dante every time and gets hurt every time is really funny. But I really want some core story to happen....and some stylish actions!
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 07:37   Link #233
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Ep.5 is dissappointing to me. That guy, while funny, it's not enough to keep me interested for the entire ep. I'm going to give it a few more eps, but I'll probably drop this. I was hoping they can pull off something like Gungrave, but looks like they can't.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 11:41   Link #234
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well I personally have never played the DMC games, so for whatever its worth I watch and critique the show based soley on how the show holds up on its own merits.

In that context so far its been a pretty big failure to me. After seeing so many excellent 1st episodes from the new season this fact becomes even more glaringly apparent to me. After three episodes I still cant feel any kind of connection to dante...In the directors strained attempts to make him "cool" he's made him feel downright boring to me.

He atleast showed alittle bit more character depth at the very end of episode three, but its still far from making me care what happens to him heh. The stories so far have also been very weak and by the numbers.

I told myself id give this a try to episode 5 and i'll probably stick to that, but from reading what others have said here I kindof doubt things will change for the better in 2 episodes.

In the end theirs just way too many other far better shows to watch right now ya know?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 22:02   Link #235
orion

Well ...
Spoiler for ep. 5:
Old 2007-07-18, 09:49   Link #236
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What I think is a shame is that DMC is not receiving any "love" while other titles are.
the MFI tag intimates a lot of us I guess

It has been a while to see a anime with an instrument OP(Tsukihime and Monster), and I were very impressive. very entertain so far, plus some comedy relief from Patty and the girl
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 13:46   Link #237
Hydex

I was looking for an action anime, with some fun scenes. So far, I got what I wanted,
I don't give a damn about character development, so that may be why...
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 14:31   Link #238
orion

But so far he is only using Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory. Even if they want to continue the sword motif, he has more swords that he can use. I hope that anime fans are treated to Devil Trigger mode in this series at least once.

Ep. 6 is another sweet episode imo.
Spoiler for ep. 6:
Old 2007-07-20, 15:16   Link #239
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 6 ~ gah why does it hit me in the face! i actually feel like carrying on with the series now but normally more often than not these types of series goes by the formula of failing a few times then a golden ep then back to failing...just to keep me hooked @_@
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 23:56   Link #240
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 6 ~ gah why does it hit me in the face! i actually feel like carrying on with the series now but normally more often than not these types of series goes by the formula of failing a few times then a golden ep then back to failing...just to keep me hooked @_@
Spoiler:
That brings up an interesting point. How much time has gone by in the series itself? Patty doesn't seem to be a little girl anymore imo. She is alternating between regular and Sweet Lolita fashion now with the Sweet Lolita not seeming to look quite right on her now with her current design imo.

Tags
action, madhouse