AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 19:10   Link #221
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Meh. MEH.
Between the 4 minutes of flashback and pretty much zero action, this was easily the weakest episode of the season so far.

Spoiler:

http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=109

Meh says I. And meh to fucking flvs too. Ew. I feel dirty.
Old 2007-05-27, 19:14   Link #222
Ruri
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It says part 1 and part 2 right? So maybe this one would be Subaru and Teana centric while the next be Erio and Carol...
Or it could be this one is centred on the Rookies while the next one is centred on the Aces.
Old 2007-05-27, 19:15   Link #223
Meophist

I just watched the episode, and well, I liked it. It was pretty nice for putting what happened in the first two series in a new light.

In any case, Chaos2Frozen, please don't do that ever again.
Old 2007-05-27, 19:20   Link #224
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I just watched the episode, and well, I liked it. It was pretty nice for putting what happened in the first two series in a new light.

Nvm. Nvm.

Yeah, It's nice that they made a bit of recap in this epi ^^. Although, I insist that they should've given us more information about this 'Unknown'
Old 2007-05-27, 19:29   Link #225
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This episode was okay. The whole thing came across pretty well and decently protrayed, but at the same time, it felt convenient to prevent Tea-Na-Oh from recycling. So, it's a win-lose situation for me personally regardless of how they approached, but in this case, it should be more favourable, so long as they don't instantly drop any form of insecurity and shut down Teana's character development for good in this front.

The whole explaination bit...while good in the way that the StrikerS know what the AceS did in the past... the video could go without the first few seconds prior to meeting Yuuno. And wasn't both events considered classified information? Especially on te latter Yami no Sho case. It felt way too easy that they just blew them the details of the past, even if not remotely detailed to heavy extents.

So, next week, Teana rides the ride of Shinn while Elio potentially bags the girl of Asuka? I don't mind fluffy episodes, but I hope there's some plot development in store, since I don't think we'll be getting too much of character backstories after the whole Teana affair.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-27, 19:56   Link #226
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I throughts on the ep is while it did give the reason of Nanoha's injury, and cured Teana, same as last week the main forcal point is at the second half of the Ep.

As for the preview for I noticed it does say part one, so I'm guessing at the end the Rookies may ran into lutecia, thus setting for a more serious part II
Old 2007-05-27, 20:04   Link #227
GUTB_

You guys notice how she reverts back to her loli voice when she enters combat?

"Stars 1, iki maaaaaa~su!"

Creeped me right out. Does she see herself as a young girl at some level? Is there a mental block in there someplace that's holding some part of her psyche in stasis?
Old 2007-05-27, 20:08   Link #228
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Or you know, it just sounds really cute. Loli Nanoha ftw.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:10   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post

Erm, you have to be more specific

You mean talking about what I think of the next episode? Or teasing the troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post

Creeped me right out. Does she see herself as a young girl at some level? Is there a mental block in there someplace that's holding some part of her psyche in stasis?
Yes, she has a mental block in there someplace that's holding some part of her psyche in stasis....

Now go back to your deluded world, you've made Meophist mad at me already...
Old 2007-05-27, 20:11   Link #230
shab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Nvm. Nvm.

Yeah, It's nice that they made a bit of recap in this epi ^^. Although, I insist that they should've given us more information about this 'Unknown'
Actually they give us more then enough information. To quote "By an enemy she would have easily defeated normally", hench there is no super mage flying around ready to lay the smack down on our ace(s). D;
Old 2007-05-27, 20:11   Link #231
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post

Aw, I don't know. Though quite honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Seeing as the Aces' voices barely changed at all even after ten years, I hardly see any reason to complain. And technically, Nanoha is still relatively young. Maybe Fate's call would be more to your liking.

@Chaos: I never expected Meophist to balk at your little over dramatic spiel either.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-27, 20:13   Link #232
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Erm, you have to be more specific

You mean talking about what I think of the next episode? Or teasing the troll?

Yes, she has a mental block in there someplace that's holding some part of her psyche in stasis....

Now go back to your deluded world, you've made Meophist mad at me already...
He means about Elio and Caro going somewhere Honestly, I don't even wanna talk about the subject *shudders*

I back up your second statement completely. I like the way Nanoha says "Ikimaaaaasu".
Old 2007-05-27, 20:15   Link #233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He means about Elio and Caro going somewhere Honestly, I don't even wanna talk about the subject *shudders*
Oh... Okay...

...I can't keep track of all the evil things I've said

EDIT:

But if you think about it, where COULD they go? (Putting aside all unclean thoughts...)
Old 2007-05-27, 20:19   Link #234
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

They've been to a hotel and public bath together, so we can scratch that off. Now it's more of an issue of how to top that...

Frankly, I'm hoping one of the StrikerS or AceS get a glimpse of this "Agito" guy in the next episode or 2.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:19   Link #235
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Oh... Okay...

...I can't keep track of all the evil things I've said

EDIT:

But if you think about it, where COULD they go? (Putting aside all unclean thoughts...)
The park, the sea, amusement park, the movies, y'know. You're not being very funny this time >.>
Old 2007-05-27, 20:23   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Alright finally seen the episode so I can get into this. Honestly before GUTB was focusing on Nanoha's dark and psychological problems and now we're going her having a childish personality? Is it now a crime to have a cheerful personality? I can't tell if this guy is serious, oh well I'm more interested in the episode then that guy.
Spoiler for Episode View:

An important episode to get through. Really deal with the aftermath of episode 8.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:25   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
They've been to a hotel and public bath together, so we can scratch that off. Now it's more of an issue of how to top that...

Frankly, I'm hoping one of the StrikerS or AceS get a glimpse of this "Agito" guy in the next episode or 2.

Quote:
The park, the sea, amusement park, the movies, y'know. You're not being very funny this time >.>

The amusement park sounds like a good place for kids... Has Caro been to Mid-childa before? Cause I recall from episode 2 that she's coming from another world... So most likely Erio would be the one showing her around...

@Nightengale

Agito can be a girl's name right? (Unless Lutecia said 'he/him' ...)

@Fuyu

My bad, my bad...

Was tired from running

EDIT:

Gtg, be back in a few hours... Again
Old 2007-05-27, 20:28   Link #238
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Alright finally seen the episode so I can get into this. Honestly before GUTB was focusing on Nanoha's dark and psychological problems and now we're going her having a childish personality? Is it now a crime to have a cheerful personality? I can't tell if this guy is serious, oh well I'm more interested in the episode then that guy.
Spoiler for Episode View:

An important episode to get through. Really deal with the aftermath of episode 8.
I think he's a Nanoha hater. Don't bother looking at the posts.

Well, at least they illuminate us a little. Thank god it seems everything will return pretty much to normal. Oh well. I take back everything I said on Tea. I guess she just went through a frantic spell back then.

EDIT: Its okay Chaos. Hm..Yeah, Elio could show her around. A nice tour would be nice afterall ^^.

Last edited by Fuyu no Sora; 2007-05-27 at 20:40.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:47   Link #239
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
I think he's a Nanoha hater. Don't bother looking at the posts.

Well, at least they illuminate us a little. Thank god it seems everything will return pretty much to normal. Oh well. I take back everything I said on Tea. I guess she just went through a frantic spell back then.

EDIT: Its okay Chaos. Hm..Yeah, Elio could show her around. A nice tour would be nice afterall ^^.
Am sure it will be a nice tour with some enjoyable accident (at least for erio )

@chaos..Not sure whether AGITO would fit girls name ...So far all the anime/game characters named agito have been a guy (e.g. Final fantasy, air gear, Guyver, etc).And i cant get the kamen rider face out of my head too

Btw anyone else thought that the way Dr.Orange way of giggling is a bit creepy ...maybe just the animation, it is like he is having a seizure from back view
Old 2007-05-27, 20:48   Link #240
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While I'm quite used to the pace these threads can go after a new episode airs, too bad some of it had to be devoted to fixing some extremely flawed ideas. Moving on...

Anyways, this is an episode I really will have to see to appreciate, but already Signum, Tea and especially Nanoha should make this very interesting (seeing Nanoha in a wheelchair(?)... ouch).

And melike Cross Mirage's Mode 2, quite awesome

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread