Lurker on the threshold

There's a preview at IGN, you can read it here
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 06:26   Link #222
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Take note that i have never played the GBA version

This game is awesome... This is the first RPG that

[spoiler]actually kills people left and right. Even Yggdra doesn't have a conscience.[/spoiler\
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 06:42   Link #223
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Take note that i have never played the GBA version

This game is awesome... This is the first RPG that

[spoiler]actually kills people left and right. Even Yggdra doesn't have a conscience.[/spoiler\
If the PSP version is the same as GBA.

Then there should be multiple endings, the hinted canon ending is supposedly the one where Yggdra decides to wage war on the gods.
Old 2008-09-23, 09:42   Link #224
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

It's hinted to be canon only because it will tie in Yggdra Union to the Riviera plotline, which is one of the theories that Yggdra Union is a prequel to Riviera. Some examples of why is the "Tome of Kylie" in the US game originally is called the "Tome of Kylier", the Mizer Bridge (named after Mizer, but who would name a bridge after THAT guy?), and some other things I can't remember
Old 2008-09-23, 10:54   Link #225
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The major hint is in the backstory/histiory of Riviera. They mention that a war called Ragnarok (same as Yggdra Union's final ending) happened when 'demons' from the Earth overran the gods. Of course the interpretation is left upto you but it fits better than any of the other endings.

The PSP version supposedly did make changes to outright state Yggdra Union is the prequel. I believe they added the Grim Angels, Diviners and supposedly makes mention of the 7 Magi.
Old 2008-09-23, 15:47   Link #226
krisslanza

Yes in the PSP version, if you're playing on Hard (Which is the same difficulty as GBA YU) where you'll fight No. 367. She first of all resembles a Grim Angel, as she has black wings (until she goes all super-power, then I think she has white ones?) and her weapon looks like Skadi.

Also if she defeats you it'll mention something about the Seven Magi in the Game Over text I've heard. Of course the only Diviner you can get is the Mjlonir and only if you're lucky - I always get the Mjolnil.
Old 2008-09-23, 16:19   Link #227
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
She first of all resembles a Grim Angel, as she has black wings (until she goes all super-power, then I think she has white ones?) and her weapon looks like Skadi.
Blue-white wings, I'd say.
Also, her weapon doesn't just LOOK like Skadi, but the name is Test Skadi Type-II.
To note, Malice's Divine(r)'s name isn't Skadi in the Japanese version.

For more talk on the Yggdra Union-Riviera stuff, see page 10...

Spoiler for pics of 367:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Also if she defeats you it'll mention something about the Seven Magi in the Game Over text I've heard. Of course the only Diviner you can get is the Mjlonir and only if you're lucky - I always get the Mjolnil.
The Magi are mentioned both in the epilogue (if you win) and by the grunt soldiers.
What's more is the mention of Hector by 367.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 02:22   Link #228
krisslanza

Wasn't there a theory that came up that Nessiah = Hector?
Old 2008-09-24, 03:22   Link #229
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

It is all explained in the Yggdra Union's PSP guide.

Nessiah is actually Grim Angel Aeris, who had vaporized the land now known as Lost Aeris. And Gran Centurio is actually a replica of Diviner. Also, he lost his eyes by implanting them onto Gran Centurio.

BTW, Malice is actually Experiment No.1132, so Hector's research was still very early in the time of Yggdra Union.

As for the new Ending C, it seems it is either non cannon or Yggdra's force got terribly slaughtered after she reaches Asgard. Looking the order of events, she either never really had enter Asgard or got beaten.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:53   Link #230
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
As for the new Ending C, it seems it is either non cannon or Yggdra's force got terribly slaughtered after she reaches Asgard. Looking the order of events, she either never really had enter Asgard or got beaten.
I was always under the impression Yggdra's forces were annihilated after the advent of the Grim Angels. So I'd say it was the latter.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:45   Link #231
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I started playing this just today by means of somehow and reasons of boredom. I don't know, Yggdra is a loli, so at the same time she is moe :3. Let just say I barely started so who knows how it will go. Actually got quite a few games on my hand, Persona 4 and Disgaea 3.
Old 2008-09-27, 17:32   Link #232
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

In case someone still remembers this post......

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=141

This is the end result.

Hope you guys like it.
Old 2008-11-05, 12:16   Link #233
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
@Daniel E.: Wow, nice job! I'll definite save that.

Anyways, I love this game Yggdra Union. Here's why:
1) Yggdra is moe.
2) Emilia is so cute.
3) Kylier is so tsun.
4) It really tested my ability to formulate strategies.
5) There's always something new. If you already finished the game, you'll try to play again with other characters. Once you've done that you'll try to finish all the maps under the +2 MVP limit whenever possible. I haven't gotten to the point where I want to get 100% item completion yet, since I think that's rather pointless.
6) It's way too fun even after the 5th playthrough.
7) No place to really "power level" so the game becomes boring and easy.

By the way I'm in the process of making a walkthrough. However, I need lots of information about the alternate battlefield 14I. If you think that you know a lot about it, have played it in hard mode, and want to help me, please contact me. I will credit you of course.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:35   Link #234
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

just wondering how exactly are grim angels created?
Were they residents at asgard before ragnarok?
I was wondering why ein was chosen to initiate retribution as he was quite a rookie. I mean, if grim angels were still in existent, why choose him? Surely there are better grim angels out there?
Another point is, ein has a familiar (rose). Doesn't this show that he was residing in asgard instead of being sealed/buried etc etc?
Unless of course the creation of grim angels meant the creation of diviners?
I think it will be very odd for grim angels to sacrifice something to obtain their diviners during ragnarok because it might put them at a disadvantage against demons. Most likely the gods sacrificed their immortality to equip them. Probably this will explain why ein and ledah have to sacrifice something to obtain their diviners because the magi themselves do not have the power.

Another question: is the world tree=yggdrasil?
We know that yggdrasil is in riviera (formerly utgard) and there is a shrine to the world tree in yggdra union's world. but the intriguing thing is (if i remember correctly) that when someone(i think it was rosary) found the world tree branch, she commented that it was something out of that world. hmmm....
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 17:47   Link #235
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksmash View Post
Another question: is the world tree=yggdrasil?
We know that yggdrasil is in riviera (formerly utgard) and there is a shrine to the world tree in yggdra union's world. but the intriguing thing is (if i remember correctly) that when someone(i think it was rosary) found the world tree branch, she commented that it was something out of that world. hmmm....
Yggdrasil is the "world tree." It's a construct from Norse Mythology. I'm no expert, but from what I understand the idea is that there are nine "worlds" (three of which are notable and often cited in video games) that are held within and connected by Yggdrasil. The three notable worlds are Midgard, which is our world (the world of humans), Asgard, the world of the gods (specifically the Aesir), and Hel, the world of the undead. (Some believe that Christianity's concept of Hell was derived from Norse mythology.)

If you're interested in learning more, you may want to read the Wikipedia entries on Norse Mythology and Yggdrasil.
Old 2008-11-28, 21:09   Link #236
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksmash View Post
just wondering how exactly are grim angels created?
Were they residents at asgard before ragnarok?
I was wondering why ein was chosen to initiate retribution as he was quite a rookie. I mean, if grim angels were still in existent, why choose him? Surely there are better grim angels out there?
Another point is, ein has a familiar (rose). Doesn't this show that he was residing in asgard instead of being sealed/buried etc etc?
Unless of course the creation of grim angels meant the creation of diviners?
I think it will be very odd for grim angels to sacrifice something to obtain their diviners during ragnarok because it might put them at a disadvantage against demons. Most likely the gods sacrificed their immortality to equip them. Probably this will explain why ein and ledah have to sacrifice something to obtain their diviners because the magi themselves do not have the power.
I had played the GBA version before, but never finished it. The game is called: Riveria: The Promised Land, it has no relations with Yggdra Union. I am still looking for the psp version, which seems to be extra rare these days.

Spoiler:

I find the story to be rather similar to Luminous Arc, as well as some of the Shin Megami Tensei games. Pretty interesting!!!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 08:43   Link #237
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I had played the GBA version before, but never finished it. The game is called: Riveria: The Promised Land, it has no relations with Yggdra Union. I am still looking for the psp version, which seems to be extra rare these days.

Spoiler:

I find the story to be rather similar to Luminous Arc, as well as some of the Shin Megami Tensei games. Pretty interesting!!!
Actually...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-19, 03:37   Link #238
Runty

Great game, but it's really too bad that I can't find any copies of the Comic Anthology, online or offline. Think anyone might be able to lend a hand?

PM me about it.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 23:32   Link #239
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I just stumbled upon this, but... (o_O)

http://yu.sting.co.jp/index.html

A new game (spinoff?) for Yggdra Union.
There isn't much information yet though... So it isn't possible to figure out anything so far...

The set release date is 12/09. For the DS.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 04:24   Link #240
krisslanza

Yggdra Unison, I believe this was being shown during KitN's development. As I recall it was a "rhythm"-based tactical strategy game or something. I believe the goal was to engage in combat across the land, in an effort to conquer it all.

Of course, this was from some months ago.
I wonder what the stars stand for. I think the number by each character, in the video, is how much land they control. Rosary has more stars then Roswell

Tags
psp, sting