Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 03:03   Link #221
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Oh I'm sure that's going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the next episode as Tarou looks beat up and not in the usual happy way so I wonder if he lost in a fight to Yoshioka.
It could be Yumi also.....she was going to beat Tarou from what looks like the preview. I will be really happy if they do it in the next episode and Yuno recognizes him more....since I know what happens even further between them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
after watching the subs....1 things for sure it was a great episode!....
If Yashioka guy was certainly real...I'll probably kill him after he went outside of his house....
It made me remember my crush who has a BF.....
when that guy break up with her...I killed him ryt after school!
I was suspended for 3 days....hahaha!
Heck yeah! Spoke my thoughts out further! Glad to be in your team if ever you need me....though I would have to fly to your place to help you....not sure since I do a lot of farming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
i can now officially stab someone in the back now
You mean Yoshioka? Then include me to do another back stab to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I like to kill that good looking sempai just because he looks cool and has status he thinks he could do anything. I hate that kind of bas*ard
The joy could not be expressed in words of how much I am towards all who are my team to beat Yoshioka. All aboard!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:34   Link #222
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode was surprisingly good. Yet another androphobic girl, is that a trend this year? As was already noted, the second part of the episode was very reminiscent of Working!! The main difference being, the main character isn't the crossdresser here, and he actually loves getting hit (Yuuno and him are perfect for each other, I say). Tatsukichi's split personality took me by surprise, seems like being only a crossdresser was too normal for this show. Looking forward to more of "her".

Yuuno's past was heavier than I thought it'd be. Didn't think this anime would have such serious moments. That was a very nice scene.
Old 2010-10-10, 05:03   Link #223
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Anyone noticed?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-17 at 10:27. Reason: Removed spoiler pic because it violates rule 1.3...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 05:10   Link #224
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^I knew she looked familiar... breasts size is also a match.
Old 2010-10-10, 05:23   Link #225
tsunade666

that's from inu inu right? or did I get the title wrong?

well aside from that due to my rage of some stupid idol looking sempai that thinks he can do what ever he want. I read some novel spoilers about him.

This part is skipped by the anime because it's about the part when Yuuno was telling Tarou about his passed and about that bas*ard sempai.

Spoiler for novel:

sorry for the bad words but I really want to kill that sempai.
Old 2010-10-10, 06:43   Link #226
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
This episode is definitely better, nice backstory development for Yuuno's character, which makes her androphobia makes a lot more sense. At least the people in the volunteer club is very nice to her, and she's getting along better with Tarou too. Speaking of him, he actually has a spine and did care a lot for his friends, but the moment when his M switch is turned on...seriously, the way he's behaving in front of the zookeeper is a bit too much, even for me. I mean, being an M is one thing, but that...hope that they'll either tone it down further or develop his character a bit more. Another WTF surprise come from Tatsukichi's split personality, guess simply being a crossdresser is nowhere near weird enough. Well, so far things are getting better, but I still can't shake my pessimism yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for novel:

And when I thought I can't hate that bastard more than I already do...Seriously, I really, really hope that he'll get his comeuppance soon, and in the most severe way possible.

Also, I think that's from Hatsu Inu, right? Didn't see it at first, nice catch. She's way different from Yuuno though.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 07:06   Link #227
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I just started to watch this anime! Did anyone read Ai kora? is this something like that.. with a lot of kinky fetishes?
Old 2010-10-10, 07:41   Link #228
tsunade666

Ai kora created by the mangaka who made midori no hibi and mahou no iroha, pretty good manga and I wish that turn into an anime but guess maeda is too much for anime.

And no it's different. The premises of that is maeda likes fetish. Tarou isn't like that but MM is full of fetishes.
Old 2010-10-10, 08:49   Link #229
Seiryuu

I truly love Yuuno. And, naturally, I now hate this Yoshioka fellow. And if Sado has any balls, the next time he sees the guy he'll make sure that the guy looks nothing like a model from then on. And you know he can do it, he's not weak. And his masochism can help him in a fight, since, though he won't get turned on if he gets hit by a guy, he WILL be able to take it since nothing this fellow could ever do could be as severe as the stuff Mio and Michiru have put him through.

In a small way, Yuuno is a little lucky.
Spoiler:

It's nice to see a well-done androphobe though. A lot of them in anime are just paranoid, inexperienced, or shy and assume without cause that guys are going to be monsters. It's not as common in the shows I've seen that the girl has good reason to fear men. The only other one off the top of my head is a girl from a manga who'd been raped and even impregnated by her own stepfather.

I don't think Sado's a full masochist, and I believe Mio's technique is very flawed. All of the punishment and pain he's experiencing is associated with being close to pretty girls, increasing the association of pain with attraction, arousal and pleasure. Instead pleasant things and experiences of attraction, arousal and pleasure should all be encouraged when there's no pain or shame involved, so that he gets used to getting excited from things other than pain. And at the same time, they should help associate pain with unpleasant things that turn him off. Therefore, they should take him on dates and ...other things... while deliberately avoiding causing him pain, and moreover, they should give him regular doses of pain and humiliation, but at the hands of big, ugly rugby players who reek of sweat. And no matter what, the girls should never hit him themselves; let the rugby boys stomp on him instead.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 08:56   Link #230
tsunade666

actually their is more to the story of Yuuno which she told to Sado and it's not been mentioned in the anime. Look at my spoiler above. That sempai is dead meat!

I like the idea of rugby boys stomp him. Maybe he could be used as a punching bag for boxing club or some clubs which involve men doing physical damage.
Old 2010-10-10, 09:14   Link #231
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Oh leave em alone. Nothing feels better than seeing an asshole get his comeuppance.
But that won't solve a damn thing. If the them in their delusions responds to the problem of violence with more violence (and if the language is any indication, death), what good will that do? It will only give the victim more of a reason to be angry, which will cause the cycle to continue and perpetrate a rather archaic and stupid idea about what constitutes "manliness". Especially when some of the people saying this have been nearly arrested or faced similar consequences. That's not a desirable outcome for anyone.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:16   Link #232
Bombo
TSF Fans

I will start watching this series...I want to know what will happen to that sempai bastard .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:23   Link #233
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

A lot better than the first episode, now that there's substance shown beneath all the funny cliches. Darn, I didn't realise cross-dressing guy was played by biribiri. Definitely sticking with this show.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:46   Link #234
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
But that won't solve a damn thing. If the them in their delusions responds to the problem of violence with more violence (and if the language is any indication, death), what good will that do? It will only give the victim more of a reason to be angry, which will cause the cycle to continue and perpetrate a rather archaic and stupid idea about what constitutes "manliness". Especially when some of the people saying this have been nearly arrested or faced similar consequences. That's not a desirable outcome for anyone.
You said it yourself right? It's Fictional; we can talk about the guy however we want. He's not real, so there's no consequences for the hate.
Actually, you can blame the directors and writer for setting up an absolutely despicable character who's intention IS to be hated.

I know the difference between the real world and animeland; Hell, I'm sure that just fighting him may not be the solution when asshole-sempai makes his appearance. It's too simple. However, butt-kicking will be involved, and we know all know who we want to get KO'd.

Yeah, KILLING HIM is a bit much, but a "what you did was wrong, bad guy!" just won't cut it. The best option to satisfy us all would have to be a Humiliation Conga.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-10 at 19:21.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:47   Link #235
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Well, at least for me, I can separate reality and fantasy, I'm not they type to immediately hand a beatdown to someone even if I think they deserve it. I know that violence won't really solve anything, but neither does leaving the matter alone. After all, I'm sure that just because Yuuno reject her doesn't mean that he'll stop, if anything I think he'll do it more often to restore his self-confidence. The best course of action is to report him, hopefully there's enough incriminating evidence. If not, then to hopefully try to catch him in the act when he does it again.

About "manliness", well, I agree that just by beating up people doesn't really constitutes as manliness. I consider it more if Tarou, when seeing that Yuuno is confronted with him again (and due to rule of drama, it'll surely happen sooner and later) doesn't turn tail cowardly but try to protect Yuuno. In that case, if he directed his beatdown on Tarou, fighting him back would only be thought of as self-defense. But yeah, even if he don't win (even though it will be more awesome if he does, just because) my impression of Tarou will still be good.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:57   Link #236
tsunade666

mixing 2D and 3D is the baddest thing an Otaku can make.

Even without mixing those two. For 3D world or the real world. I really hate seeing someone hurting a girl specially on my whole life I haven't even close to a girl!!!!

It kinda a hate for popular guys that can do what ever they like because .... well they are what we call pretty boy (remember galactic pretty boy lol)

I wish Tarou would at least beat the hell out of that sempai. But I think Tarou is pretty weak... I mean his always on the M side. The one who always ended up getting in pain though I'm pretty sure his sturdy. Episode two proves it he can withstand being in a boiling water.
Old 2010-10-10, 10:07   Link #237
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
About "manliness", well, I agree that just by beating up people doesn't really constitutes as manliness. I consider it more if Tarou, when seeing that Yuuno is confronted with him again (and due to rule of drama, it'll surely happen sooner and later) doesn't turn tail cowardly but try to protect Yuuno. In that case, if he directed his beatdown on Tarou, fighting him back would only be thought of as self-defense. But yeah, even if he don't win (even though it will be more awesome if he does, just because) my impression of Tarou will still be good.
Oh yeah, the maniliness part.

The whole "beat someone up=being a man" is an archaic thing, of course. By that definition, Yoshioka is also a man, and he's the total opposite of what a man should be.
But I don't want Tarou to go out of his way just to kick his ass. When Yoshioka comes around, Tarou's gotta stand up for himself, and for Yuuno, and not take any of his shit, which he'll obviously start spewing.
Whether he "wins" or not doesn't matter whole lot, as long as he can do that. If it's not about "Slaying the dragon," but protecting Yuuno's (and his own) dignity, then he's got the right idea.
But you know what's better? Letting Yuuno have the final word, and the finishing move. Then we don't have to worry about being Manly at all. >_>

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-10 at 11:52.
Old 2010-10-10, 11:51   Link #238
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for Spoilerism:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-10-10 at 12:12.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 11:59   Link #239
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Dude, tag dat sh*t. You just gave away the good part. >:C

In all the hubbub, I forgot something; Tarou's sister is a college student?!

What, does aging work in reverse in Japan? And I thought I was already used to this.....

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-10 at 15:43.
Old 2010-10-10, 14:48   Link #240
Seiryuu

Wow. Read that spoiler above, and WOW. seems a little bit familiar though...
Spoiler for concerning what was said earlier about LN material left out:

Anyway, I'm not certain that material's going to be completely LEFT OUT of the anime. It was pretty clear that wasn't the whole story. I get the feeling there may be a big, direct connection between the two people's situations. When in middle school was Tarou's incident?
Spoiler:

I hope this relationship develops. Harems/triangles with serious competition are fine, but I prefer stuff where there's a single clear pair tied by the red string.

On a side note, I don't know if others had mentioned this, but isn't the name "Sado" a little ironic? I believe I've heard "sadist" be abbreviated in Japan like that once or twice.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen