2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.64%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-22, 16:57   Link #221
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
True. As I said, it's a hint, but choosing to go to a university because someone else is is a pretty strong decision that will affect the rest of his life, and I don't doubt Araragi thought of that, so it's a strong hint at that. Still, I agree that it's not something definite.
If he's willing to die for various people he barely knows, I think choosing to go a good college for his girlfriend is a no-brainer.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 17:12   Link #222
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
If he's willing to die for various people he barely knows, I think choosing to go a good college for his girlfriend is a no-brainer.
He doesn't have to.

They are going to live together after they graduate anyway, so he need not go to college with her.

He was happy just graduating.... however going to have to study to get into college and doing it as a big secret surprise plan... now this ... says lots.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 17:15   Link #223
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Felt much better after episode 11 though there's still obviously more than a little "production short-cuts" going on in the animation.

Dear gods, Nadeko and her voice are terrifyingly cute. Scariest incarnation of a 14 yr old in Japan one could imagine.
Old 2009-09-22, 17:20   Link #224
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Felt much better after episode 11 though there's still obviously more than a little "production short-cuts" going on in the animation.

Dear gods, Nadeko and her voice are terrifyingly cute. Scariest incarnation of a 14 yr old in Japan one could imagine.
You think......

can cosplay her better ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 17:42   Link #225
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

nah Nadeko is scary in terms of throwing one's life and reputation away to just stand and bask in her presence. Makes your heart stick in your throat. That said, I would probably still find Hitagi more compelling were I Araragi
Old 2009-09-22, 17:43   Link #226
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Maybe, but Konata is really annoying.

I almost forgot about Nadeko's weird get away when Hanekawa appeared, that made me laugh.
Old 2009-09-22, 17:46   Link #227
Reekon

Quote:
Hehe. I think you better ask Pelissier to update your signature image to include Nadeko.

With regards to Nadeko, I don't know why but I just don't see her the same way others seem to (like most find her exceedingly and captivatingly cute).

Maybe her "naked" scene somehow killed it for me.

I admit she's cuter in ep 11, but it just doesn't click.

And no, I'm not immune to cute anime characters, as I find Mio (K-ON) to be very very cute.

Or maybe I'm into Senjougahara-fascination too much, to accept any other Bakemonogatari babes.
Reekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 18:48   Link #228
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Let's not forget that the series started out with the entire one second spent in the slow motion diplay of Hanekawa's lacey panty at it's full glory and the equal delight of Araragi. I thought I should mention it from the context of the subject if Araragi has a soft spot for Hanekawa.
If someone did forget that scene they need to leave forums now and go hit themselves hard very hard with something heavy as punishment.

As to my response from the beginning I have always felt that it was Araragi that has a bit of a crush on Hanekawa as in present tense. I got a small vibe from Hanekawa like she could bring herself to like him but something was holding her back. He may being dating Hitagi but that only means any feeling he might have had or still may have never got a proper resloution. I have no doubt that Araragi cares for Hitagi but whoever said a person could not care about more than one person. Im just hoping that the Araragi and Hanekawa situation does not turn into a "what if" or a "coulda, shoulda, woulda". I have feeling Hitagi is going to step into this one and deal with it personally.
Old 2009-09-22, 19:46   Link #229
xKeen

Hmm I think senjougahara and other side characters won't show up besides oshino and shinobu in hanekawa's arc since this is happening before he met senjougahara D:
I'm a slowpoke :S
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 20:33   Link #230
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Hmm I think senjougahara and other side characters won't show up besides oshino and shinobu in hanekawa's arc since this is happening before he met senjougahara D:
I'm a slowpoke :S
No it's not. There was a flashback in the beginning, but it clearly jumped into the present for most of the episode. It seems the problem wasn't fully resolved back then.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 21:34   Link #231
snapte

Indeed, before he had met Senjougahara, Araragi had already encountered and dealt with Hanekawa's problem once. The cat scene was a flashback of that, taking place during a conversation he has with Hanekawa. (In the present)
snapte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 23:14   Link #232
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I tend to get the feeling that Araragi merely considers Hanekawa a very dear friend. In keeping with his passive nature, he never made any romantic advances, which makes it difficult for Hanekawa to confess her feelings, assuming that she does indeed like Araragi romantically.

All in all, this kind of relationship reminds me again that it's not as easy for a man and a woman to stay "good friends" as many people seem to think. Somewhere along the line, that friendship becomes something more. It may stop short of romance, but that doesn't mean the undercurrent of affection isn't there.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 23:48   Link #233
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
nah Nadeko is scary in terms of throwing one's life and reputation away to just stand and bask in her presence. Makes your heart stick in your throat. That said, I would probably still find Hitagi more compelling were I Araragi
Her intense cuteness won me over. Its really really intense, so much so that I am now forced to place her above Senjogahara as favorite female of the series. Its not that I dont like her as much as I did, I do, its just the moe levels are to strong with Nadeko.

Its good to finally see some backstory with this episode though.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 00:02   Link #234
zato_1one

Senjougahara is still my no.1 because Tore >>>> Moe.
Old 2009-09-23, 00:28   Link #235
solomon

Watched it, meh. It's Bakemonogatari and average bake is 3 times as more fun as most stuff i see. We will see how this arc turns out (not sold on the oddity just yet, although Nora-neko Hanekawa is cute at least).

and before I forget...

WHERE IS MY SENJOUGAHARA-CHYANNN??!!!!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 00:52   Link #236
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Senjougahara is still my no.1 because Tore >>>> Moe.
Well, that and the fact that Nadeko is pretty flat as a character makes her the only character I actually dislike. Moe is like heroine, a little is nice, but you can overdose very easily.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:15   Link #237
Belum_nabum
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Different series has different vampire lore. It's so mix up to the point that I don't know anymore what is the original lore. IMO We should wait for more explanation about vampire in this series. If we're lucky, we will get season 2 for Koyomi Vamp arc.

Araragi has already proved himself enough in previous arcs. It's just that no one knows about it and he isn't popular in school either. It's pretty normal for people to have a gossip when star of the class like Senjougahara has unpopular guy like Araragi as a boyfriend. I'm sure that Senjougahara never care about her reputation. I think that she actually prefers that Araragi isn't a popular guy. So that no more girls will involve with him again. And I really doubt that people will dare to tease her.

I think that Hanekawa is just too serious about this. Well, she looks like a type who get serious for everything. And somehow I felt that she said that because she was jealous of Senjougahara. I think that she brought this gossip into conversation because she wanted to let Araragi down. Because she felt angry when Araragi mentioned Sejougahara. I didn't fully believe about her "I don't lie" either. I agree with people who think that Hanekawa's stress, this time, comes from Senjougahara x Araragi.
I agreed with your explanation however I will have to say that Araragi seems to have a popularity much unaware of the public such as the one with Nadeko. Hitagi already made herself a name with her threatening of other people or even giving them the scary eye so to speak so no one will tease her indeed!

ABOUT NADEKO and what people say, I think the explanations are clear with ONE EXCEPTION this whole brother complex imagination is to be emphasize of a cultural problem of Japan to the point where those girls who do not have a brother develop a liking to have one even if it is a sort of foreplay to someone they love. It is a common problem not only between really blood relatives but among those who do not have them but still desire to have. Nadeko just made a perfect example of such a situation especially with her "Look at me Oniichan", which shows clearly like many said her sexual desires. Among other things girls are sexually active at 14 for many parts of them are developed in Japan at this age internally as in mentally. Furthermore at 14 is the legal age to marry provided the parents accept that is if the law changed that to 16 now. As such my conclusion is that Nadeko has a secret brother complex that would BE FAR WORSE if she had a older brother or perhaps would not develop into a chaotic one like that. However I think I seen much more details in hentai material about this as proof enough.
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 04:24   Link #238
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
ABOUT NADEKO and what people say, I think the explanations are clear with ONE EXCEPTION this whole brother complex imagination is to be emphasize of a cultural problem of Japan to the point where those girls who do not have a brother develop a liking to have one even if it is a sort of foreplay to someone they love.
Calm down dude.

You're getting worked up over a very common anime trope that doesn't necessarily reflect Japanese culture very accurately. At best, it represents the fantasies of a particular subset of that society, that's all.

If I were to believe everything I see in Hollywood blockbusters, America would be hell on earth, with drive-by shootings at every street corner. If you really want to learn about Japanese society, I'd strongly suggest that you look beyond anime.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 04:52   Link #239
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wait, you mean the US of A (I refuse to refer to that country as America, which is the continent, after all) are not like that? OMFG!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 06:17   Link #240
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Calm down dude.

You're getting worked up over a very common anime trope that doesn't necessarily reflect Japanese culture very accurately. At best, it represents the fantasies of a particular subset of that society, that's all.

If I were to believe everything I see in Hollywood blockbusters, America would be hell on earth, with drive-by shootings at every street corner. If you really want to learn about Japanese society, I'd strongly suggest that you look beyond anime.
Why yes and I agree but anime reflects Japanese culture in a way. That way perhaps is not to be taken serious but certain elements are there. Which are, is really a opinion of many. Hollywood blockbusters such Fahrenheit 911 and the Skulls film are also a reflection but not all is real.
My friend, your opinion is a good warning but I tend to release a book about anime so I study my way.

I am aware of the things you mentioned and also aware of Japanese society. I just like to take into account some elements of Japanese society that may be a part of anime. That is all.

Going into this series I would add that snakes, cats and vampires are certain myths of Japanese society. Certain taken from European and USA beliefs such as witches and vampires.
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote