Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 07:07   Link #221
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's not about the amount of Hyuma's, it's their level. Hyuma's don't level up themselves, but as you progress down characters' cosmospheres you will get increasingly higher level Hyuma, who's effect will be more powerful (for example, a level 4 Hyuma with a heal effect will generate a bigger heal over time effect than a level 1) and to equip these higher level Hyuma, the characters need to wear less clothing, which means you need a higher affection rating, which means giving them presents.
Ah, I didn't know you get higher level Hyumas; it sounded like the Hyumas you get level up. That was the key piece of info I was missing, that Hyumas don't level up, you get new Hyumas that are highler level as you go through the CS. Thanks.

Anyway, are there any actually trategies to beating MYU, as in more than just hitting it with your strongest stuff?

Although it would be nice to know how other players manage their Holo/Hozmo/whatever-graphs. (the bar at the bottom of the battle screen) The timing seems to be weird; I keep trying to land attacks on the high notes, but it doesn't seem to work a lot of the time. Not to mention I notice that enemies tend to like to hit you on those high notes as well, thus screwing up your timing. And it's especially annoying when they run away to attack somebody else when you do time it right and your attack is about to land. Is there any good trick to it?
Old 2011-12-31, 07:17   Link #222
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*shrug* I didn't even have trouble with MYU. Pop healing Hyuma the first chance you get, start hitting away, keep popping Hyuma's until you can hit big, rinse, repeat.

On the high note, Legend of the Dragoon taught me that to get timing right, you need to hit the button a fraction of a second before the line reaches the note. The fraction of a second it takes for you to push the button is enough to miss the note if you try to push it on the note itself.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 08:38   Link #223
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*shrug* I didn't even have trouble with MYU. Pop healing Hyuma the first chance you get, start hitting away, keep popping Hyuma's until you can hit big, rinse, repeat.
Hmm, that's actually one other thing I meant to ask abotu but forgot; I use Hyumas by attaching them to the shoulder buttons and holding that shoulder button during a purge, right? Or maybe I got that wrong, because that means you'd only be able to use Hyumas three times before resetting the active Purge level....I actually haven't been having long enough fights to see if the effects of the Hyumas I've set kick in on Purges or not.

Quote:
On the high note, Legend of the Dragoon taught me that to get timing right, you need to hit the button a fraction of a second before the line reaches the note. The fraction of a second it takes for you to push the button is enough to miss the note if you try to push it on the note itself.
That's actually what I do, but I still have a bit of trouble constantly hitting on the high notes. (plus there's the aforementioned problem of getting hit on a lot of high notes which prevents me from landing a hit myself)
Do I have to worry about needing to spam high note-hitting on MYU?
Old 2011-12-31, 09:21   Link #224
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'd suggest to not use attack button at all and use special moves each time you want to hit high note. I found that easier since that means higher damage than normal attack, will make reyvateil purge faster and that you're not doing any useless attack animation when you want to hit the note since you're only doing special attack. Don't forget that you can even spam direction + x when there's a couple of adjacent high notes if you use special attack (or normal attack? I never really tried it ) and that can be used too to increase heart rate.

Quote:
that means you'd only be able to use Hyumas three times before resetting the active Purge level....I actually haven't been having long enough fights to see if the effects of the Hyumas I've set kick in on Purges or not.
Yep.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 09:40   Link #225
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Though that means you can't use healing Hyumas when you're building up to the 300000% Burst you need for your final attacks. So you're just limited to healing items in prolonged battles?
Old 2011-12-31, 11:09   Link #226
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Don't purge all at once, purge one by one. Less changing of purge failure, and hyuma's keep doing their effects while you build up.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 11:11   Link #227
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

You can always use healing hyuma right from the very first purge and then proceed to other buffs for the second and third purge Don't forget that it's also easier to increase heart rate and burst when your reyvateil is purged. So if you want to build up burst, it's better to purge more.

Hmm...I always purge my reyvateil 3 times before using special attack (I don't remember whether you need to do it or not to use special attack). So you can basically use healing hyuma to build up burst for special attack.

Old 2012-01-01, 10:49   Link #228
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Hmm, I have the game in Japanese, and while my Japanese is good, I'm not so good with kanji, so aside from the attack and defense-use Hyumas, I can't tell what any of the other Hyumas' effects are. Does anybody know of a list that lists the Hyumas and their effects?
Old 2012-08-24, 12:15   Link #229
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

aquagon (dunno whether you're still lurk here or not ) finally finished the summary for the novels here : http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewt...=2845&start=40 Well, not really a complete and long summary, but it gives us the basic idea in each chapters of the novel.

..I wonder if it's okay if I post it here.