Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-08, 23:57   Link #221
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
There's only been 5 masters shown in the series so far. Eraqus, Xehanort, Yen Sid, Mickey and Aqua.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's what I thought. Should be interesting to see what they pull with that.
To answer you both, it means this:

Spoiler:
Quote:
I guess that is going to fill in all of the gaps throughout the entire series??
BBS Vol. 2 and KH:3D SHOULD be the last bits to cover before KHIII proper.

But you never know...

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 12:13   Link #222
Shadow5YA

Even with four Masters, the majority of them aren't in a condition to fight. Aqua is stuck in the dark world, Yen Sid is retired, and Eraqus fell to Xehanort.

The only Master left to fight Xehanort is Mickey, who isn't significantly stronger for a decisive victory. Then, as Yen Sid hints at, if Xehanort isn't alone, Mickey won't be enough at all.

The only option left is to make a new Master out of Sora and Riku. Aqua can't be counted on because there is no guarantee on when and how she will be rescued from the dark realm, while Sora and Riku are in perfect condition and ready to fight.

That leaves two potential games: one for Aqua's story and what she has been up to in the dark realm up to the current point of Sora's story, and one game for Sora promotion to Master and the rescuing of Ven and Aqua.

For me, I just hope Riku is playable along with Sora. BBS opened up possibilites for different styles, so having a repeat of KH2 Riku's gameplay is no longer acceptable for me.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 12:22   Link #223
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Who says Sora & Riku aren't already stronger than Terra, Ventus & Aqua were? Master" is a title. The only thing they don't have is the cool armor.

I wish all of these side-story games were on the PSP though. It's not cool mixing it up like this.
Old 2011-03-09, 12:57   Link #224
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Who says Sora & Riku aren't already stronger than Terra, Ventus & Aqua were? Master" is a title. The only thing they don't have is the cool armor.

I wish all of these side-story games were on the PSP though. It's not cool mixing it up like this.
The armor was never exclusive to a Master. Ven and Terra never became Masters.

Terra was also supposed to be the strongest of the three, but lost to Master Aqua.

There are also some things that only a Master can do. Aqua reforming the Land of Departure to Castle Oblivion is one of them. I'm sure we'll see more things that only a Master has access to.

It also took everything Sora and Riku had to beat Terra-Xehanort's Nobody together, while Aqua defeated Terra-Xehanort on her own. If Sora and Riku have trouble with an amnesiac Terra-Xehanort, they will have even bigger trouble with a fully restored Master Xehanort with all of his memories, knowledge, and wisdom intact with Terra's young body.

As for the handheld system, Square-Enix always goes for the popular handheld. The original Chain of Memories was on the GBA. BBS was on the PSP, because the PSP is widely popular in Japan. Likewise, the 3DS has been hyped, so SE will go with the 3DS, unless the NGP gets another Monster Hunter that causes its popularity to explode in Japan.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 14:36   Link #225
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
For me, I just hope Riku is playable along with Sora. BBS opened up possibilites for different styles, so having a repeat of KH2 Riku's gameplay is no longer acceptable for me.
In 3D? He is, yeah.

In fact, they've come up with this interesting character switch mechanic that takes it completely out of the player's hands...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossover, mark hamill = over 9000, mx = vulcan