AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-24, 00:05   Link #2381
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Touta Konoe breaking every ones logic through simple math. I wonder if Santa is going to team up with UQ holder to try to save or stop Sayako from doing what she is about to do. Wouldn't Touta and Santa both be considered undead btw?

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 09:01   Link #2382
Quol
That Guy

Well from what i read Touta was made immortal right before he was dead. While Santa was revived and made an immortal after he was dead.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 09:14   Link #2383
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Well from what i read Touta was made immortal right before he was dead. While Santa was revived and made an immortal after he was dead.
He's a ghost, not an immortal.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 09:31   Link #2384
chaosprophet

Chapter 51 will likely be the last one of volume 5 going by usual count. With UQH Akamatsu seems to be ending volumes at cliffhangers different from Negima where he would usually end volumes at end of arcs and sub-arcs (if they would fit).
Old 2014-09-24, 19:06   Link #2385
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
He's a ghost, not an immortal.
Technically, he's a revenant. Regardless, in theory, Santa should "live" until he's exorcised or otherwise dispatched. I point to Sayo, who'd been "alive" as a ghost at Mahora for how many decades?

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 19:04   Link #2386
chaosprophet

Chapter 52 out...

We Resident Evil now.

With Kirie's power they will likely prevent it in the end, but still is a quite interesting development. Wasn't expecting something like that at all.
Old 2014-09-30, 19:06   Link #2387
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Akamatsu just went full blown zombie apocalypse. I swear. He's really trying to push the border between Shounen and Seinen.

Still, now we know why Kyrie is here, then. This is definitely not reversible without her.
Old 2014-09-30, 20:01   Link #2388
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Chapter 52 out...

We Resident Evil now.
I'm not versed in Resident Evil, but this did remind me of the scene in Fate/Zero and a certain infestation that hit there.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-09-30, 22:44   Link #2389
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Chapter 52 out...

We Resident Evil now.

With Kirie's power they will likely prevent it in the end, but still is a quite interesting development. Wasn't expecting something like that at all.
zombie outbreak!! *breathing intensifies*

keep calm and aim for the head and run like f**k

where is my nemesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Akamatsu just went full blown zombie apocalypse. I swear. He's really trying to push the border between Shounen and Seinen.

Still, now we know why Kyrie is here, then. This is definitely not reversible without her.
which is a good thing..the fans are getting older so a little of darkness is very welcomed

and....kyrie is going to erase this awesome arc ....
Old 2014-09-30, 23:27   Link #2390
Kaniro9AD

hello iam new here.. im from chile pardon for my english is not that good yet.

i recently started reading this manga.. im currently in episode 7.. i hope i can enjoy reading it just like with master negi xD.
Kaniro9AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 11:17   Link #2391
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

who knew Akamatsu likes Resident Evil movies
Old 2014-10-01, 12:52   Link #2392
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who knew Akamatsu likes Resident Evil movies
what are you saying? I thought everyone liked Resident Evil... the games atleast. I honestly thought the movies where a very poor representation. Well I liked the animated movies at least.

Old 2014-10-01, 13:30   Link #2393
XFire
150% done

I have zero problems with this turn of events.

Darker and Edgier FTW
Old 2014-10-01, 14:14   Link #2394
Homura7

Suddenly Resident Evil ouf of fucking nowhere. I like it, I love it.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 15:32   Link #2395
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Perhaps we will see the restart power this time... last time it was reset right?

Old 2014-10-01, 16:47   Link #2396
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Darker and Edgier...
Would be fine if it had any real substance to it, but between our super happy protagonist friends club, happy smiling playful orphans and a complete hand washing of the shittastic state of the world, it means nothing.

Really, Akamatsu can say that the Godhand from Berserk came out of nowhere and turned the world into a cesspool like it is in their native series and we'd be none the wiser. Its all pomp and no circumstance that actually makes narrative or story line truly darker then its counterparts. Oh sure, the misadventures are perhaps darker, but at the end of the day the status-quo is lived up to and everything goes back to the way it was at the beginning of arc. Its even more glaring with Akamatsu's living reset button, since he can literally do that with no problem whatsoever.

You want to know what would actually make this series darker? Put UQ Holder in a less benevolent light, or even just make them the same kind of sickness Fate suffers from. Make the world actually look as bad off as you claim it to be. Cut the happy fun orphans in the slums out and actually make the people look like downtrodden and in need of some serious help. Make whatever happens in the narrative have actual long reaching effects on the entire setting as a whole, don't just brush it under the table and have our characters carry it in their hearts. There are ten ways to go about it and Akamatsu has continued to take the road most traveled when resolving...well, anything.

We'll see if Akamatsu puts the metaphorical money where the mouth is and see if he doesn't actually use Kirie to wash away the...ugh. Attack of the zombies. That would actually be refreshing.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 17:38   Link #2397
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Would be fine if it had any real substance to it, but between our super happy protagonist friends club, happy smiling playful orphans and a complete hand washing of the shittastic state of the world, it means nothing.

Really, Akamatsu can say that the Godhand from Berserk came out of nowhere and turned the world into a cesspool like it is in their native series and we'd be none the wiser. Its all pomp and no circumstance that actually makes narrative or story line truly darker then its counterparts. Oh sure, the misadventures are perhaps darker, but at the end of the day the status-quo is lived up to and everything goes back to the way it was at the beginning of arc. Its even more glaring with Akamatsu's living reset button, since he can literally do that with no problem whatsoever.

You want to know what would actually make this series darker? Put UQ Holder in a less benevolent light, or even just make them the same kind of sickness Fate suffers from. Make the world actually look as bad off as you claim it to be. Cut the happy fun orphans in the slums out and actually make the people look like downtrodden and in need of some serious help. Make whatever happens in the narrative have actual long reaching effects on the entire setting as a whole, don't just brush it under the table and have our characters carry it in their hearts. There are ten ways to go about it and Akamatsu has continued to take the road most traveled when resolving...well, anything.

We'll see if Akamatsu puts the metaphorical money where the mouth is and see if he doesn't actually use Kirie to wash away the...ugh. Attack of the zombies. That would actually be refreshing.
Bull.

Sorry, but I completely disagree. Compared to Berserk's GRIMDARKDEATHSADNESS, I think the contrast between how hard the kids were trying to live their lives to the fullest and their almost hopeless situation hits much harder.
Old 2014-10-01, 17:45   Link #2398
Nvis
Where are the good animes

That's some crazy massacre(if they are really dead).

Not what I was expecting or looking forward to in a Mahou-type manga.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 19:56   Link #2399
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

i cant say that i liked the "orphan arc" (it was a unnecessary sub-plot for my tastes)..but the "heart scene " was so good ..

and this is not a very dark series...it have some cookies for old fans..and that is good man, i like that

Quote:
That's some crazy massacre(if they are really dead).
......kirie power T-T
Old 2014-10-01, 22:49   Link #2400
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
I think Kirie is Akamatsu-sensei's "get out of jail free" card. So he can have gruesome slaughter, then have Kirie reset everything so that no one dies, thus the Kodansha editors are fine, and he just stays within the shounen borders.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love