AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-29, 18:26   Link #2381
Seitsuki
Onee!

I don't really get it, Minamoto basically being the ultimate player is A-ok and cheered on but the moment a girl even hints about it they're a slut? Is this just the normal double standard at work or is there a more credible reason in this series?
Old 2013-08-29, 19:03   Link #2382
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I don't really get it, Minamoto basically being the ultimate player is A-ok and cheered on but the moment a girl even hints about it they're a slut? Is this just the normal double standard at work or is there a more credible reason in this series?
Where exactly did you read that? I mean the notion about "player" and "slut".
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 19:20   Link #2383
Seitsuki
Onee!

The story + comments here.
Old 2013-08-29, 19:45   Link #2384
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
The story + comments here.
I think you are misunderstanding the comments. We are not saying Hanada is a "slut", but rather, she is easily to be manipulated by feelings. Kaoruko mentioned that Hanada is the type to go with the flow more than she realize.

As in right now, Terumi is not a player right now. He is just an average guy right now with average attributes. 1 out of 3 males suffer premature ejaculation, he has that. As well, he does not possess much charm and is still weak mentally. Not sure how you can call him a player right now.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 21:30   Link #2385
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I think you are misunderstanding the comments. We are not saying Hanada is a "slut", but rather, she is easily to be manipulated by feelings. Kaoruko mentioned that Hanada is the type to go with the flow more than she realize.

As in right now, Terumi is not a player right now. He is just an average guy right now with average attributes. 1 out of 3 males suffer premature ejaculation, he has that. As well, he does not possess much charm and is still weak mentally. Not sure how you can call him a player right now.
the irony in that statement is that our boy is being completely manipulated as well.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 21:35   Link #2386
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the irony in that statement is that our boy is being completely manipulated as well.
True, but hey, he asked for it remember. Also he already done things towards his aunt that no person should ever have.
Old 2013-08-30, 01:22   Link #2387
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I see.... so our protag got friendzoned and might be NTR'd by a boy

ah... what a twist
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 03:50   Link #2388
ImperialFlameGod8190

he's not getting NTR'd she's just nice enough to allow the twerp to have his childish crush
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 05:52   Link #2389
Peanutbutter

Hanada seems the type to fall for anyone who makes a move on her.

Oh well, gotta write her off so that our dear Minamoto-san can proceed to someone else.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 07:39   Link #2390
Sixth
Hu Tao

Slut-chan is the only girl that Minamoto deserves.

Slut-chan is the reason why Minamoto regains his sexual desires...masturbate relentlessly.

Slut-chan definitely will help on Minamoto to overcome his premature ejaculation issue.

Believe it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:19   Link #2391
HasuMasu
*Artist

Honestly, I'd have preferred full-NTR over...whatever this is.

Though I understand everyone else would burn the witch for that.
Old 2013-08-30, 08:26   Link #2392
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Honestly, I'd have preferred full-NTR over...whatever this is.

Though I understand everyone else would burn the witch for that.
No, I don't really hate Hanada. She is a little too innocent that she cannot even hurt a little guy's feelings. I mean, I think we are asking too much of Hanada. They're first date was 2 weeks in their dating month. There isn't a lot of time for real love to develop. Terumi, I am sure he doesn't feel real love for Hanada, I believe he is lusting after her.

I prefer this situation rather than sexual seduction NTR (that stuff is only real in fantasy or japanese comics and games).

Also, this situation is weird but not totally unbelievable. I once had a college buddy got dumped because his girl couldn't choose between him and her cat who hates him. Weird yes, but not unbelievable.
Old 2013-08-30, 10:31   Link #2393
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Truly an hilarious series.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 13:55   Link #2394
JAGI_X

Hmmm but if Terumi now break's up with Hanada what do you think he will feel once he did it
and the Aunt we all know what she will say to him right guys.
Old 2013-08-30, 13:59   Link #2395
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
He'll mostly feel heartbroken because it's the first girl he seriously wanted to be a couple with. Despite it being a staple for the project, he really felt something for her, but now he's going to have to put it to rest for the sake of the project. It would be nice to see how he deals with heartbreak, and what he'll take from it.
Old 2013-08-30, 14:29   Link #2396
Shadow5YA

It's easy to get friendzoned by a girl like Hanada - the premise is that a kind girl is kind to everyone, meaning Terumi is not special to her.

However, this series did execute it poorly, because it's a bit unnatural for a meek and reserved girl like her to view a guy she had her first time with as just another nice guy.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 14:31   Link #2397
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
Hmmm but if Terumi now break's up with Hanada what do you think he will feel once he did it
and the Aunt we all know what she will say to him right guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
He'll mostly feel heartbroken because it's the first girl he seriously wanted to be a couple with. Despite it being a staple for the project, he really felt something for her, but now he's going to have to put it to rest for the sake of the project. It would be nice to see how he deals with heartbreak, and what he'll take from it.
Most likely Kaoruko will try to make Terumi temporally move on to another female. In hopes to get him more experience before pursuing her again. He has to make improvements before getting into a real relationship.

Actually, I made a big mistake, originally I have thought that Hanada was the Third Princess. I just reread all the chapters, Hanada is Hanachirusato.

Hanachirusato, later known as the Lady of the Orange Blossoms, met Genji several times in the beginning of the Tale of Genji. It was only later, very later, I believe it was in chapter 41 where Hanachirusato agreed to live with Genji. If the author is following the pattern of Genji, then Terumi is suppose to not win Hanada at this early stage. Meaning, this is not the last time we will see Hanada and she will eventually go back to Terumi, if the author follows Genji's pattern.
Old 2013-08-30, 16:54   Link #2398
blade82

there is 11 others girls that he has yet to conquered
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 18:29   Link #2399
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

As with any source material I wouldn't cling to it too much. I my experience the longer a series goes the more it will divert from the source and sometimes abandoning it completely at some point. If my perception doesn't fool me this manga has already gone from the "Genji here, Genji there" of the first 30 chapters to rare mentions of the Genji Monogatari lately.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 20:25   Link #2400
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
As with any source material I wouldn't cling to it too much. I my experience the longer a series goes the more it will divert from the source and sometimes abandoning it completely at some point. If my perception doesn't fool me this manga has already gone from the "Genji here, Genji there" of the first 30 chapters to rare mentions of the Genji Monogatari lately.
Some patterns exist. The order of girls are different. As a matter of fact, I found 10 different Genji story with the same girls in different encounters. Even though there are 3 females introduce, their personalities has heavy resemblance to their Genji counterparts.

Tags
harem, seinen, smut, snusnu