AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-04, 07:02   Link #2421
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
Vali's goal would likely change. In fact it's already changing. Plus given how much he wanted a family he could easily latch onto the current situation. Not that surprising really. Nothing in EX could be called OOC so far unless you keep hold of childish preconceptions that the Adult cast would be as carefree as their late teen years.
hey, no need to call it "childish"

Oh well, I don't particularly have any beef with the situation in EX, it just somehow feels odd to me (not the fact that Ise is super busy), or perhaps I'm just kinda worn out by the "trope" of "a father is busy so his friend/rival take care and teach his children instead" , if the father is awkward is one thing (like Jetch in FFX), but we have seen a lot of MCs who are super-charismatic with compassion (Goku, Naruto, and now Ise) falling into this

A hem, now I'm quite curious about how EX will end, will the children meet their young parents, or will they just beat up Loki, have the curse on Asia lifted and then go home?
Old 2015-09-04, 07:14   Link #2422
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
I find it funny how someone can say that Xenovia taking on a more office related job is OOC when she's fucking the Student PRESIDENT in the novels now =_= Seems people focused too much on her power idiot side, something she's bemoaned in the novels as well. =_=

The immature expectations of the cast from some of the readers of this thread is quite frankly sickening.
Do you know what an "education mom" is? It's a mother that pretty much makes their children study to a point it could harm their bodies and health.

Please, tell me how this makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
I can't believe that people think that just because Ise is the strongest and is marrying a rich girl means that he gets to loaf around all day and play around.

Everyone expects him to accomplish great things as an adult, that is why everyone is investing so much time into him, Azazel hasn't been training him and the Gremory's haven't been teaching him so that he can play games all day, and the Gremory are not letting him marry their daughter so that he can slack off for the rest of his life.

The reason he is being groomed to marry Rias is because he has the power to accomplish great things for the Underworld, the Phenex are of the same mind, they are trying to hook him up with Ravel because they realize he will be even more important in the future.

They all expect a return on the investment into him.

Most importantly, its been noted that Ise is a important figure in the Underworld, Sirzechs and Azazel have been sheltering him from the higher ups and other powerful figures up to this point because he is a kid, they aren't going to do that when he reaches adulthood, he will have to deal with many people who will take an interest in his power and his popularity in the Underworld will make him important in politics as the powerful will want to use him to sway the public opinion.

Even his children seem to understand the situation, except for one of them and that is just the standard rebellious phase that most kids go through.
Again, for the thousandth time, there's a difference between working hard like be does and neglecting his family. And it was said clearly by Kurenai he's so busy he doesn't have time for his wives either, so no, this isn't just him working hard like he does normally.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 07:15   Link #2423
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

i guess it will end like cell saga on dbz.
they did meet but they didn't reveal their identities

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 07:35   Link #2424
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Do you know what an "education mom" is? It's a mother that pretty much makes their children study to a point it could harm their bodies and health.

Please, tell me how this makes sense.
It does make sense. Xenovia's purpose in life after finding out that God was dead literally became "get Issei to impregnate me and give birth to strong, capable offspring". Out of all the girls she's the one with the most shallow reason for approaching Issei, barring Kuroka because she's not a main character. And she got exactly what she wanted, she's just following through on that plan.
Now that she has her own little drone she's pushing him to become studious and capable.
It's better that way because unlike Rias and Ravel and arguably Akeno most of the girls don't have a rich influential family to fall back on. They are what they make of themselves and if their children are going to have comfortable lives, then they have to work for it. Kurenai is 18 and already picking up Azazel's research.

The sad part in all this as that despite all their hard work it will ultimately be attributed to inherited talent from their parents. Like Azazel did in this chapter, thinking to himself that Ixis is strong because of his parents. Last I checked neither Issei, nor Rias were particularly well versed with swords, or had any agility worth mentioning besides just rushing head first into a confrontation. Rias in particular has pretty basic, almost human base stats. She's basically a machine gun turret that sits in one place and shoots deathbeams.

Last edited by amtro; 2015-09-04 at 07:51.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 08:32   Link #2425
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
It does make sense. Xenovia's purpose in life after finding out that God was dead literally became "get Issei to impregnate me and give birth to strong, capable offspring". Out of all the girls she's the one with the most shallow reason for approaching Issei, barring Kuroka because she's not a main character. And she got exactly what she wanted, she's just following through on that plan.
Now that she has her own little drone she's pushing him to become studious and capable.
It's better that way because unlike Rias and Ravel and arguably Akeno most of the girls don't have a rich influential family to fall back on. They are what they make of themselves and if their children are going to have comfortable lives, then they have to work for it. Kurenai is 18 and already picking up Azazel's research.

The sad part in all this as that despite all their hard work it will ultimately be attributed to inherited talent from their parents. Like Azazel did in this chapter, thinking to himself that Ixis is strong because of his parents. Last I checked neither Issei, nor Rias were particularly well versed with swords, or had any agility worth mentioning besides just rushing head first into a confrontation. Rias in particular has pretty basic, almost human base stats. She's basically a machine gun turret that sits in one place and shoots deathbeams.
Putting her children's health in jeopardy definitely doesn't match that. And you're assuming that they are considered of completely different families when they are not. Ise's married with all of the girls, so they're considered one family.

Ise is fast as fuck. Due to the BG and his EPs. But still. And even the weakest Devil is still pretty damn Superhuman, so no, she doesn't have almost human stats.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-09-04 at 08:48.
Old 2015-09-04, 09:02   Link #2426
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Putting her children's health in jeopardy definitely doesn't match that. And you're assuming that they are considered of completely different families when they are not. Ise's married with all of the girls, so they're considered one family.

Ise is fast as fuck. Due to the BG and his EPs. But still. And even the weakest Devil is still pretty damn Superhuman, so no, she doesn't have almost human stats.
There is no mention of Xenovia putting Zen's health at risk by overworking him. You're making assumptions based on a stereotype. Stop, you're grasping at straws to continue hating EX.
As for Rias, she has never shown any considerable physical feats. Her physical strength, speed and reflexes are all quite average. One thing should be commended however and that is her physical endurance, most humans would be knocked out by some of the punishment she can take. So if she doesn't have extraordinary superhuman stats, she definitely has the potential for it. Keep in mind that Lord Gremory is quite the pushover and he admits that, the Gremory bloodline's talents lie in their capacity and aptitude for magic. It was Venerana that introduced PoD to the family. Also seduction and love, but the LN doesn't explore that aspect iirc.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Issei's speed, I said that he never was an agile fighter. Issei is quick, but Ixis is quick and stealthy. In terms that are easier to understand Issei is more like Kenpachi while Ixis is Ichigo. Blinding speed, deadly attacks and a penchant for confusing his opponents with his footwork.
Old 2015-09-04, 09:22   Link #2427
Tbolt

Everything a parent hopes for is his kid to be better than they were, be stronger, have a bigger house, more money etc... And most work hard so they can.
Old 2015-09-04, 09:45   Link #2428
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Everything a parent hopes for is his kid to be better than they were, be stronger, have a bigger house, more money etc... And most work hard so they can.
yeah, all parent didn't want their child suffer like they had in their youth, sometimes they would push the child to study and most child hate it.
but when the child become an adult they would know the true meaning of their parent words towards them on their childhood, while shedding tears

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 09:50   Link #2429
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
There is no mention of Xenovia putting Zen's health at risk by overworking him. You're making assumptions based on a stereotype. Stop, you're grasping at straws to continue hating EX.
As for Rias, she has never shown any considerable physical feats. Her physical strength, speed and reflexes are all quite average. One thing should be commended however and that is her physical endurance, most humans would be knocked out by some of the punishment she can take. So if she doesn't have extraordinary superhuman stats, she definitely has the potential for it. Keep in mind that Lord Gremory is quite the pushover and he admits that, the Gremory bloodline's talents lie in their capacity and aptitude for magic. It was Venerana that introduced PoD to the family. Also seduction and love, but the LN doesn't explore that aspect iirc.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Issei's speed, I said that he never was an agile fighter. Issei is quick, but Ixis is quick and stealthy. In terms that are easier to understand Issei is more like Kenpachi while Ixis is Ichigo. Blinding speed, deadly attacks and a penchant for confusing his opponents with his footwork.
If she's an education mom that's what she does. It's the definition of education mom.
Old 2015-09-04, 09:53   Link #2430
Starway

Quote:

Hard work huh yeah let's see
1 Been given training from a young age by several very strong peple like Kiba vail and their parents yes this one does require some hard work but getting private tutors since they were kids can be attributed to their parents and not just hard work team Gremory didn't get really strong still they got someone good to train them which shows hard work doesn't mean much unless you have someone to teach you.
2 almost all their abilitys are gotten from their parents including abilitys from their parents bloodline that even they themselves don't have with Ixis sword skills being the only thing so far that he seem to of earned himself
3 given powerful custom made holy swords and a fake sacred gear
4 have some of the most overpowered bloodlines possible by being at lest two of the following part devil part dragon part angel part fallen angel part cat and part pure blood devil which gives them bullshit high base stats like vail
5 can easily kick a opponent above dragon king level ass despite all their parents at the same age having much more trouble taking down people much weaker
6 15 or 16 year old son is stronger than both parents put together despite one having one of the most overpowered sacred gears possible being part of the two of the three strongest being in the world and he has to almost dies several time to reach this level(this take place on volume 14 or higher right?) and the other being a pure blood devil with the power of destruction both who train and work as hard as they can at two odd years younger so he can easily beat Loki has all of his parents abilitys has a custom made holy sword even though he's a good 75% devil has a fake version of his dad's sacred gear
Yeah um not really seeing it maybe next part kurenai seems to be the only one so far who seems to of gotten something that's not been given or taught or was past down from his parents and it is something that's the Gremory team and his siblings will never get
Old 2015-09-04, 13:13   Link #2431
Bigmac

Quote:

The children's Dragon aura clearly is because Ise's body is literally that of a Dragon after v12. And it still doesn't make any goddamn sense for them to be so strong since they are technically only half "Dragons" and their mothers weren't exactly strong at that age.
He still has a body made from Great Reds flesh. Great Red is one of the strongest dragons in the DxD universe, if not the strongest dragon seen as Prime Ophis couldn't even defeat him. So of course Issei's children will be much stronger than normal because of that fact.

Last edited by Bigmac; 2015-09-04 at 13:29.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 13:28   Link #2432
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
Issei is the biological son of Great Red after volume 12's events. Even if he is reincarnated as a devil he still has the body of Great Red. Great Red is one of the strongest dragons in the DxD universe, if not the strongest dragon seen as Prime Ophis couldn't even defeat him. So of course Issei's children will be much stronger than normal because of that fact.
And yet Ddraig said Ise was only a little bit stronger than his previous body. It wasn't Great Red's power, just his flesh.
Old 2015-09-04, 13:34   Link #2433
Bigmac

Quote:
And yet Ddraig said Ise was only a little bit stronger than his previous body. It wasn't Great Red's power, just his flesh.
Quote from Ddraig:

The merit of it is improvement of your physical abilities which I just stated, and I can’t predict what kind of growth you will be going through after having the power of True-Dragon and Dragon-God added to you.

If that True-Dragon power has passed on to his kids then it would explain why they are much stronger than normal.
Old 2015-09-04, 13:47   Link #2434
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Quote from Ddraig:

The merit of it is improvement of your physical abilities which I just stated, and I can’t predict what kind of growth you will be going through after having the power of True-Dragon and Dragon-God added to you.

If that True-Dragon power has passed on to his kids then it would explain why they are much stronger than normal.
Great Red gave him his flesh, which enables him to dragonify his body. That's it.

And I'm pretty sure Azazel would have noticed if their auras resembled Ophis or GR in anyway.
Old 2015-09-04, 14:04   Link #2435
Bigmac

Quote:
Great Red gave him his flesh, which enables him to dragonify his body. That's it.

And I'm pretty sure Azazel would have noticed if their auras resembled Ophis or GR in anyway.
That's it so far, who knows what other abilities Issei will develop in the future. And also his new body improved his stats, if only a little, but who's to say that improvement he had hasn't grown? His body is still growing till he reaches adulthood, hell he is a dragon so it may continue even further. Even Ddraig said he couldn't predict the growth he will be going through so again if that is passed on to his kids it will explain their strength.

Who cares if Azazel noticed their auras or not. Issei has passed on his genes from his new body to the children, which is why they are strong, that along with their mothers genes and training.
Old 2015-09-04, 14:22   Link #2436
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
That's it so far, who knows what other abilities Issei will develop in the future. And also his new body improved his stats, if only a little, but who's to say that improvement he had hasn't grown? His body is still growing till he reaches adulthood, hell he is a dragon so it may continue even further. Even Ddraig said he couldn't predict the growth he will be going through so again if that is passed on to his kids it will explain their strength.

Who cares if Azazel noticed their auras or not. Issei has passed on his genes from his new body to the children, which is why they are strong, that along with their mothers genes and training.
Those kids are his current age or less, so them having strenght equivalent to his adult body makes no sense at all. If he hasn't finished growing how does a 15 year old having all the potential is possible? And before you say training, Ise trains his ass off everyday.

It doesn't explain how they are stronger than himself post-v14 when he has his new body plus CCQ.

It's obvious that they are strong. Just being that strong is what doesn't make any sense.
Old 2015-09-04, 14:33   Link #2437
amtro
Distro

They don't have strength equal to his grown body, Jesus. Ixis who is the strongest among them is known as the Ace of the allied forces, while Issei is the Hero. That tells you a lot of their accomplishments and powers. Issei is above his son and unless Ixis fully turns into a dragon and strikes out Crom-style going on a world training tour then he isn't going to best Issei any time soon. Specially not in dragon god mode. Rizevim was a hell of a lot stronger than Loki.
Old 2015-09-04, 14:34   Link #2438
Bigmac

Quote:
Those kids are his current age or less, so them having strenght equivalent to his adult body makes no sense at all. If he hasn't finished growing how does a 15 year old having all the potential is possible? And before you say training, Ise trains his ass off everyday.

It doesn't explain how they are stronger than himself post-v14 when he has his new body plus CCQ.

It's obvious that they are strong. Just being that strong is what doesn't make any sense.
Look I don't have a clue if or why they are stronger than Issei post-v14 except it will probably have something to do with his father and mothers genes. Take it up with the author if you are that bothered about power levels instead of being a source of negativity towards EX.
Old 2015-09-04, 14:38   Link #2439
Royalknightftw

Quote:

Well, Issei started training way later than their kids plus they also get the best mentors they could ever ask, Vali and Kiba. Issei was only trained for a short time by tannin and Sun Wokong, so most of the times issei's training is only done by himself unlike his kids who have been trained by a pro for longer times. So it's not so far fetched that his kids are stronger than well though i believe it's pre-14 Issei before Issei gets massive power up, like wyvern stuff and diabolous mode.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 14:47   Link #2440
iNoto

Quote:
Damn, if Naruto's son is that much of a prodigy I'm glad I stopped reading at chapter 700. The only thing I liked about Naruto's character was how he had to struggle to learn new techniques.
Actually boruto is not a prodigy. He has been cheating with a device that they showcased in boruto the movie. I will be watching the movie next month in the theaters so I will tell you how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
A happy ending, isn't a ending where the main character spends the rest of his life loafing around, since we keep comparing it to Naruto, which also had a happy ending, Naruto didn't spend the rest of his life playing games he had duties as a leader, the point of the story was that his son didn't understand his father or what duty was.
A happy ending is when a Main Character gets what he wanted all the time + fun.

Naruto's happy ending was to become the hokage. He got the hokage title and a wonderful wife = happy ending.

Issei = get his harem but has no time to spend doing ecchi stuff with them? = bad ending.