Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-05-14, 07:21   Link #2441
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Tsundere

Thanks. No, didn't get hit. XD
Chiisai is actually a very nice person when you get to know her.

Anyway, I have another convention report coming soon.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 01:43   Link #2442
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I came across this during a Google image search. I figured this thread could use the added activity more than the Love Live! series thread needs it, so I'm putting these images here.

Very nice cosplay work, imo.
Old 2014-06-06, 19:54   Link #2443
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Ozine Fest 2014 (day 3)

First of all, sorry for this writeup being so late. Ozine Fest 2014 was held last April 25-27, at SMX Convention Center. This writeup is a little bit different from the others that I've written..

On the night of April 26, I was talking with Rhoan (a cosplayer friend who attended the second day). I asked her if Ozine day 2 was ok. She answered me this: "Cosplayers enjoy each other's company, but the convention was EPIC FAIL". I didn't take seriously what she said, but I was wrong in not taking it seriously.

Without any further delay. Here are the pics.

Time: approximatly 11 am.

And at the entrance there is a nasty surprise already. Food and drinks are being confiscated. This is the first time I've seen something like this in a convention. Well, I guess they can sell their overpriced food and drinks better when people have no food and drink.

Tickets

First cosplayer that we saw at the second floor is Nana Aoi, cosplaying as Rikka.

At this time, my companions had to put on wigs. So I waited at a corner on the 2nd floor. Took pics of people who passed by while waiting.

Rowena as Kurumi, and Charise doing a costrip.

Kuro cosplaying as Shinka. I guess Shinka likes the Mabinogion now. XD

Vanille as Eris from "She Died". I think this a popular story being written by someone from wattpad.

Moved a little away from the corner. and saw them near the escalator.

Jeanie as steampunk version of Red Riding Hood, and Faye as Raven. A wolf would have a hard time trying to eat this Red Riding Hood, her axe is huge. O_O

Well, can't walk very far. Went back to the corner.

Eve as Neko-chan. She came with her parents, they told me that she's a beginner in cosplaying. Well, this is pretty good start for a beginner.

Friends finished putting on wigs.

Alyssa as Taiga, Mich as Asuna, and Sarah as Fear. Alyssa told me that this might be her last cosplay event (had to quit for awhile because of school), which is a bit sad.

Went inside the function room.

First cosplayer that we met inside is Airi, cosplaying as Marie Rose from DOA 5.

Taking a short look at the shops inside.

Walking a bit more, we saw Christine. She'a cosplaying as Sifu from Last Airbender. It's a bit scary when I looked at her contact lens. Really looked like a blind person. O_O But she could still see through it.

Mirai Kuriyama cosplay by Rizu

Christine Mckeehan as Miku

Taking a look at the video games area.

Got out of the function room.

Time: approximately 1:30 in the afternoon.

And just at the exit we saw Stefani as Touko, and Angela as Enma Ai. Stefani is doing a nice acting on the Touko character, it looks like she's shy character who can cry at any moment. ;_;

Haru cosplaying as a character from League of Legends. Sorry, the writings on my notebook are a bit blurred, so can't write what character she's cosplaying as. >_<

Yumiko as Shinobu Oshino from Bakemonogatari

Well, time to get some food. At this part of the day - the convention is still ok. Let's walk to the other building. Don't want to buy Ozine's overpriced food sold at their cafe.

Natsumi as Megurine Luka and Chiaki as Kagamine Rin

After crossing the street, unexpectedly met a friend that I haven't seen for a long time. Gelli cosplaying as Sailor Jupiter. I think the character fits her because she's a tall girl. It's really nice to meet people that haven't seen for awhile. .. well, for some reason she accidentally left with us her spear props, and we had to run after her to return it. XD

I think this character is from Danganronpa? We are sort of in a rush, so I was not able to ask the name of the character anymore. Anyway, the nickname of the cosplayer is Kurumu.

Female Mcdonalds cosplay by Nira

Jovi cosplaying as Naka-chan from "Kantai Collection". Hmm, is Kantai collection an anime? No time to ask her, because we are in a hurry.

At the other building, we passed an area that looks like a playground.

Can play a game while waiting for the pizza.

Got our strength restored. We are now heading back to SMX building. Apparently, some cosplayers are also resting in this area. Well, it's a relaxing place where you can get away from the crowded SMX building.

Miho as Fionna from Adventure Time, and Sae-san as Maka from Soul Eater.

We suddenly have to go back to the pizza store. Forgot something there. XD

Ok, now that the small problem with the pizza store is ok. We now headed back again to SMX. Sensei is texting me that she's already there.

SMX Convention Center first floor.

Florilyn sensei cosplaying as Haruka Nanami from Uta Prince. I call her sensei because she's a teacher in real life. She's a good friend and a nice person to talk to.

. .

Misaki Fujioka as LUX from League of Legends

Zatsune Miku cosplay by Johanna

Ayreesh as Prince Hentai of Sloty Cat, and Rin Kagamine Sandplay by Kahreen.

The day has been going pretty well.. now something happened.

The Wall.

Ok, I've been going to SMX for more than 3 years already. And resting near the walls, sitting there to place your props and bags is ok - it's something that we normally do in BOA events. This time, a man wearing gray clothes told us to leave the walls - ok, that's fine. We left right away. Later we transferred to wait on another area. Then I noticed that there's a new group of bystanders on the place that we left, and the man cannot remove them. Then when he can't remove them. The man went to us (I was standing with many other photographers and cosplayers who look tired). The man is once again asking us to "move on with our business". Well, if we followed what he said - it would be the hot summer sun outside the building. One of the persons that we are standing with said.. "wag nyo siya pansinin" (english translation: ignore him). People just stood there looking at him, smiling at him, or ignoring him - and he left. Wow, did that guy seriously know what he's doing? He's just doing a power trip on tired people. This is Animesuki where cursing is not allowed, so I shall say no more. I later learned a few days later after the con, that there are other conventions going on that day, which is maybe the reason why the man wasn't able to remove us - is because we are already on the area of another convention.

Nachii as random school girl and Hana as Heroine from Amnesia. We had some talk with them about the things that happened during the day, and the happy mood is back again.

Mina as Irine and Cy as Rena

Time: approximately 5 in the afternoon.

Back inside the function room.

Kira as Utau Hoshina

One last look at the shops. There is a shopkeeper friend (her name is Olive, she's not the one in the pic) that I also wanted to meet today. But unfortunately, was not able to meet her anymore because this convention is very tiring.

Sit down and rest at another function room. Sarah changed to a maid outfit.

Taking some last shots before going home.

Sakura Kinomoto cosplay by Shing.

Xanthe as Heartseeker Ashe.

. .

Mitsuki Nase cosplay by Rhie

Last pic inside the function room is a Chii cosplay by Recia.

And finally, one last pic before going back to the car. This pic was taken with Sarah's cellphone.

In the end.. it happened as my friend Rhoan said.. it's fun to see cosplayers, but the convention itself is FAIL (too many things if I would mention them all here).

Ozine Day 2.

Showed to me by friends who went to day 2. Foreigners who wish to visit cosplay events in the Philippines. I would advise to go to the BOA 2014 and Toycon events instead. Avoid Ozine Fest if you don't want hardship like we experienced today.

Spoiler:

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. Next report is Toycon 2014, coming this June.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-11-30 at 17:47.
Old 2014-06-06, 21:03   Link #2444
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Caitlyn cosplaying as a character from League of Legends. Sorry, the writings on my notebook are a bit blurred, so can't write what character she's cosplaying as. >_<
Caitlyn is cosplaying as Caitlin. That's the name of the Champion from LoL.

As for this year's O-zine Fest, it was a bad decision to hold the convention on SMX. Cosplay conventions always need spillover space for tired participants to rest or for cosplayers to properly pose for a shot. SMX doesn't have a comfortable spillover space, and the venue can easily be filled to the brim, to the point that participants end up going shoulder-to-shoulder inside. They also have problems with managing tickets and participants, and had stopped selling tickets in AME Track 10 for walk-in ticket buyers just because the venue has reached capacity. Compare that to Megamall which never had any problems with capacity because the entire mall can shoulder the spillover from the event itself.

SMX is a very disadvantageous place to hold a con, really. For a more expensive venue, you'd sacrifice the perks you get for free if you hold it in Megamall. But then again, I've always considered Megamall as the go-to place for anime conventions.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 22:31   Link #2445
Triple_R
*Author

That's an impressive collection of cosplay images, Liddo-kun.

I think my favorites are Taiga, Asuna, Mirai, and Hatsune Miku. They're all very well-designed cosplays though.
Old 2014-06-06, 22:42   Link #2446
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was actually at Ozinefest on Sunday but didn't stay long because I had work.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 06:40   Link #2447
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
As for this year's O-zine Fest, it was a bad decision to hold the convention on SMX. Cosplay conventions always need spillover space for tired participants to rest or for cosplayers to properly pose for a shot. SMX doesn't have a comfortable spillover space, and the venue can easily be filled to the brim, to the point that participants end up going shoulder-to-shoulder inside. They also have problems with managing tickets and participants, and had stopped selling tickets in AME Track 10 for walk-in ticket buyers just because the venue has reached capacity. Compare that to Megamall which never had any problems with capacity because the entire mall can shoulder the spillover from the event itself.

SMX is a very disadvantageous place to hold a con, really. For a more expensive venue, you'd sacrifice the perks you get for free if you hold it in Megamall. But then again, I've always considered Megamall as the go-to place for anime conventions.
Thanks for the info on Caitlin.

Hmm, and I've been to SMX at least a dozen times in 3 years. True that conventions there get filled to the brim. But, if it's simply a crowded convention - me and my friends can handle it. Last Cosmania 2013, SMX got packed crowded like heck, but we lasted till evening, still came home happy and smiling. Ozine 2014 has something else besides being crowded that made the day much more tiresome than the average crowded convention, only con where I'm glad to go home early.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-06-07 at 07:03.
Old 2014-06-07, 06:41   Link #2448
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Sendai?? Not Naka-chan?

@Liddo-kun
Kantai Collection (or Kancolle) is a web browser game from Kadokawa that has been hugely popular on Japan right now. It is not an anime yet, though anime and PS Vita game is already announced.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 06:43   Link #2449
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's an impressive collection of cosplay images, Liddo-kun.

I think my favorites are Taiga, Asuna, Mirai, and Hatsune Miku. They're all very well-designed cosplays though.
Mich (the Asuna cosplayer) is beside me right now. She said "thank you" to you. She's a bit shy actually.
I'd try to notify Taiga later tonight about what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post

Sendai?? Not Naka-chan?

@Liddo-kun
Kantai Collection (or Kancolle) is a web browser game from Kadokawa that has been hugely popular on Japan right now. It is not an anime yet, though anime and PS Vita game is already announced.
Hmm, maybe Sendai is the cosplayer's nickname, and Naka-chan is the name of the character. It's not clearly identified on my notes if sendai is her nickname.
Anyway, thanks for the info. I would edit the writeup later tonight.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-06-07 at 07:25.
Old 2014-06-07, 08:08   Link #2450
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great set of cosplays this time, though my favorite by far this was the Shinka cosplay. Very cute and nice having the Mabinogion with her .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 08:37   Link #2451
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Hmm, and I've been to SMX at least a dozen times in 3 years. True that conventions there get filled to the brim. But, if it's simply a crowded convention - me and my friends can handle it. Last Cosmania 2013, SMX got packed crowded like heck, but we lasted till evening, still came home happy and smiling. Ozine 2014 has something else besides being crowded that made the day much more tiresome than the average crowded convention, only con where I'm glad to go home early.
Lady Luck's on your side. My first SMX con and I got locked out with hundreds of participants, including some well-dressed cosplayers, when they stopped selling tickets due to the congestion in the venue. ;_;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 18:59   Link #2452
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Konakaga

Thanks. Have to agree, Shinka did a good job with the cos.
And she must have put some effort in making that Mabinogion props.
Old 2014-06-07, 22:36   Link #2453
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I came across this during a Google image search. I figured this thread could use the added activity more than the Love Live! series thread needs it, so I'm putting these images here.

Her blog is full of pretty good coses. Another coser to follow
Old 2014-06-07, 23:29   Link #2454
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Mich (the Asuna cosplayer) is beside me right now. She said "thank you" to you. She's a bit shy actually.
Shows good courage for a girl that's a bit shy to play Asuna.

Quote:
I'd try to notify Taiga later tonight about what you said.
Please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Her blog is full of pretty good coses. Another coser to follow
I never bothered to check it out before, but you're right. She has impressive range.
Old 2014-06-08, 02:21   Link #2455
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Great report Liddo-kun. ^_^
Its too bad that the event turned out like that.
Of the cosplays, the ones that stood out the most to me were: Nana Aoi's Rikka, Kuro's Shinka (Nibutani! ), Vanille's Eris, Jeanie's Red Riding Hood (love the axe. ), Faye's Raven, Airi's Marie Rose, Christine Mckeehan's Miku, Natsumi's Megurine Luka, Chiaki's Kagamine Rin, Kurumu's Junko Enoshima, and all of your friends' cosplays.
Old 2014-06-08, 12:35   Link #2456
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post

Sendai?? Not Naka-chan?
You can always test with a night battle.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 06:36   Link #2457
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:

Forgot to make a comment. Did not notice because, I was rather fatigued the other day.

Nice find. I like how they followed the height of the characters. And the costumes are well done.
Old 2014-06-10, 18:34   Link #2458
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Oh, I missed that one to, great Love Live cosplays. ^_^
If I recall correctly, that's A-Rise their cosplaying as, right?
Old 2014-06-10, 19:19   Link #2459
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Yes, that's A-Rise. 3 girl group that is the rival of the girls in Love Live. **

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-06-10 at 19:33.
Old 2014-06-11, 10:59   Link #2460
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Hi, ok here's another late report. Sorry, work really got piled up and this got delayed just like the Ozine 2014 writeup.

I would like to congratulate Mary Grace Villamarin (she is our friend) for getting second place at Cosplay Idol: Wildcards. The semi finals was done at Cosmic Con anime convention. And the finals was finished at Fantasm anime convention.

She cosplayed as Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill

Grace at Cosmic Con: Cosplay Idol Semi-Finals

https://www.facebook.com/iemcosmiccon

Congratulations Grace, this is already the second time that you've won something at a cosplay competition this year. First time was last January. I hope there would be more blessings to come for you.

__________________________________________________ __

And I would also like to take this chance to share a video from my friend Ross.

This video is the performance of her group 15 Raindrop, last May 24 at Fantasm anime convention. Ross is the leader of the group. She told me that the theme of this dance is to act like dolls. I got scared a bit at the start of the dance. O_O

15 Raindrop members:

From left. Arlene, Ross and Angel.

Disclaimer: The pics and video were not shot by me. I was not able to attend Cosmic Con and Fantasm.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-06-11 at 11:42.

Tags
cosplay, photo