AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 02:56   Link #2441
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
My God, Kurama has changed completely, he is more like a caveman now....... I think Nana is stupid, Kurama admitted himself that she is just part of the experiment yet Nana still act like nothing is going to change. I pity Lucy the most, when she is in danger, nobody went to lend a helping hand but when Nana and the others were in danger, Lucy stood up for them and went head on to confront the SAT. Poor Lucy, I damn hate the plot of the manga since it isn't going the way I want it to. But still, all to all, the manga is very exciting and blood-boiling.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 08:59   Link #2442
Dothack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
My God, Kurama has changed completely, he is more like a caveman now....... I think Nana is stupid, Kurama admitted himself that she is just part of the experiment yet Nana still act like nothing is going to change. I pity Lucy the most, when she is in danger, nobody went to lend a helping hand but when Nana and the others were in danger, Lucy stood up for them and went head on to confront the SAT. Poor Lucy, I damn hate the plot of the manga since it isn't going the way I want it to. But still, all to all, the manga is very exciting and blood-boiling.
ya´re thinking like me
Is there anybody, who doesnt like it that Nyu can speak now? For me, there´s a lot of fun gone..
Edit: Why do you think that Nana is stupid? She only loves Kurama so much, that she wont believe anything that says that she isnt her doughter/wife^^
((:X, my english is so damn bad^^))

Last edited by Dothack; 2008-03-31 at 11:30.
Dothack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 18:16   Link #2443
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dothack View Post
ya´re thinking like me
Is there anybody, who doesnt like it that Nyu can speak now? For me, there´s a lot of fun gone..
Edit: Why do you think that Nana is stupid? She only loves Kurama so much, that she wont believe anything that says that she isnt her doughter/wife^^
((:X, my english is so damn bad^^))
Don't forget, Nana is, at most, 7 years old, and she may still be 6. And all she knows of the real world is what she has seen since coming to the Maple Inn. You can't expect her to act the same as an adult.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 21:37   Link #2444
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
not only that but for her entire "life" if you can really call it much of that, she has only seen Kurama as her father, and knows nothing else. Of course she's going to do nothing but deny him saying that she isn't his daughter.

I feel really sad for Nyuu right now (lucy is knocked out again)
she's got no clue what's going on, and what's worse, there's nothing she, or anyone can do, short of lucy waking up again.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 04:59   Link #2445
Kalinas

It is the most amazing anime ever made
Kalinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 18:34   Link #2446
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinas View Post
It is the most amazing anime ever made
I don't quite agree with you. I think it was the most amazing comic ever made. I think the comic is far way better than the Naruto comics since it can put you in more suspense and excitement.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 19:55   Link #2447
Wastelander
Kimochi Warui

Man, I just got done with 85, and it isn't exactly upbringing. But I suppose that is why I read elfen lied.
Also, I'm not quite clear on the way diclonii reproduce. Did they evolve or are they the result of a virus?
Can they become impregnated since they are all women?

Last edited by Wastelander; 2008-04-01 at 20:34.
Wastelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 21:51   Link #2448
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastelander View Post
Man, I just got done with 85, and it isn't exactly upbringing. But I suppose that is why I read elfen lied.
Also, I'm not quite clear on the way diclonii reproduce. Did they evolve or are they the result of a virus?
Can they become impregnated since they are all women?
The true diclonius, like Lucy, can reproduce normally just like other humans. The Vector Virus diclonius are sterile. They can cause more Vector Virus diclonius to be born by infecting more men with virus, but they cannot reproduce. That is why Lucy is so important. If she had been raised in a normal home there would probably never have been any Vector Virus diclonius. I suspect that the true purpose of the Vector Virus was to insure that Lucy's children would be 100% diclonius instead of 50%. That way, eventually, the entire human race would be diclonius.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-04-02 at 09:35.
Old 2008-04-02, 13:46   Link #2449
ChrisCMMi

It is what it is

Elfen Lied is has potential for a great serioes. The blood and gore really grab you and there's actually an interesting storyline under it. Well pieced together so far I'd say.
ChrisCMMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 19:23   Link #2450
Wastelander
Kimochi Warui

Interesting. I guess that is why she is called Lucy, after first bipedal primate.
Old 2008-04-02, 23:04   Link #2451
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastelander View Post
Interesting. I guess that is why she is called Lucy, after first bipedal primate.
Yes, after the early homonid fossil that Dr. Leakey named Lucy. Her real name isn't revealed until the last part of the last chapter in the manga, when it becomes important to the conclusion.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:47   Link #2452
Dothack

why do you know that much oO
Dothack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 12:57   Link #2453
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dothack View Post
why do you know that much oO
Because of the summaries that were posted in the manga thread, starting around chapter 80, as the chapters were published. We had already concluded that calling her Lucy refered to Dr. Leakey's discoveries just as calling her the Diclonius Eve refered to the Bible.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:10   Link #2454
nate252

its 1 of my favs!
nate252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 23:26   Link #2455
Wastelander
Kimochi Warui

I like how in Elfen Lied makes you feel bad about seeing naked women. Like the part where Mayu gets... you know, by her stepfather. If that were a random hentai image than most people would have no problem whacking off too it. But when they show it, you only feel this weird form of disgust mixed with sympathy. No what I mean ?
Old 2008-04-05, 17:35   Link #2456
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

No, I don't 'no' what you mean. The issue with that scene was not so much that she was naked, but that she was getting raped by her stepdad. It's not special or amazing to feel sympathy for her. Even if all he did was make her take her clothes off and stare at her it wouldn't be okay. It is not instrinsically bad to see a naked woman (or a man). If they're being brutalized or forced to do it, it's another story. You seem somewhat immature to be watching Elfen Lied.
Old 2008-04-05, 18:29   Link #2457
deltakano
1つの愛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
No, I don't 'no' what you mean. The issue with that scene was not so much that she was naked, but that she was getting raped by her stepdad. It's not special or amazing to feel sympathy for her. Even if all he did was make her take her clothes off and stare at her it wouldn't be okay. It is not instrinsically bad to see a naked woman (or a man). If they're being brutalized or forced to do it, it's another story. You seem somewhat immature to be watching Elfen Lied.
I agree. Being naked isn't a taboo. It's completely fine. It's funny yet sad to see how society has perverted the idea of being naked in front of someone.
deltakano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 00:35   Link #2458
Nemu

Elfen Lied is a very sad anime! ;-;

Signature by ganbaru

Last edited by Nemu; 2008-04-06 at 00:48.
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 19:35   Link #2459
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
Elfen Lied is a very sad anime! ;-;
I know! If there is a second season, I really hope that Lucy and Kohta end up with each other...After all the pain in the first season, it better be balanced out

Edit: To the people who don't know, there's a petition going through for the second season of Elfen Lied, sign it! We're at 1300 signatures! *makes people sign*
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e...on2/index.html

Last edited by hero147; 2008-04-07 at 16:11.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 10:55   Link #2460
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
(Hey it's me).

Hey... sorry I was away for a while, then I remembered my love for Elfen Lied (and other anime) so I had to come back! :P

Anyway, yeah I've probably said this loads times before, but Elfen Lied being sad is what makes it Eflen Lied. If you know what I mean. And.. there isn't really any reason for a second season. The director clearly had a message they wanted to get across, and they did that fine in the first season.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen