AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-03, 10:19   Link #2461
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix37 View Post
NOw why didn't I think of that... Well I dunno what about Valentina and elizabetta?
They're a bit harder to place since they haven't had much screen time yet.

I'd say Valentina could go for either Seto or Tokimi

Elizavetta might be a good match for Zero.

Incidentally, I've also cast Lim as a potential Noike while Regin would be Ryo-Ohki.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:33   Link #2462
azziz

from vol.7 spoiler,i see no mention of princess guenewer,yet hemisphere said asvare arc was already finished,how come?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:50   Link #2463
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
from vol.7 spoiler,i see no mention of princess guenewer,yet hemisphere said asvare arc was already finished,how come?
It's not very surprising when you consider the fact that Tigre's original mission to Asvarre was simply to act as a messenger. He likely would have returned to Zhcted straight away after finishing his business with Jermaine and remained uninvolved with the civil war if not for having to rescue Sophie. Once he takes her back there isn't a reason for him to stay. Of course, what with all the foreshadowing going on here and there there's also no reason to think that he won't be back at some point, and probably with an army behind him. I think it's the author's habit to leave certain things inconclusive because it's leading to something bigger. It was the same at the end of the Brune arc too.
Old 2013-08-03, 14:41   Link #2464
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
This is my guess but from the looks of it, vol 8 will officially introduce guinvere somehow but not in asvarre. probably in some other region and ellen will officially get into some issue and it is again tigre who is going to save her somehow or rather in the next vol or vol 9.

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 22:44   Link #2465
bakapervert
A pervert

So, does Tallard already confirmed to be villain? Or is he going to be ally?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 00:18   Link #2466
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
So, does Tallard already confirmed to be villain? Or is he going to be ally?
Not confirmed. Tigre is simply siding with tallard because one, their goals coincides with each other. two, tallard knows about things which tigre does not (eg : Sophie). Three, Tallard is a lot of a better person and personality than both princes

Old 2013-08-04, 01:58   Link #2467
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wish Tallard will become an ally though. I'm so sick of every LNs with the trend where there is only ONE (or probably two, another one being the MC's best friend or something) capable, badass and righteous male lead surrounded by his ass-kicking harem. Harem genre as a whole just simply replace pathetic useless protagonist with the badass one at the cost of every other capable male characters.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:18   Link #2468
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wish Tallard will become an ally though. I'm so sick of every LNs with the trend where there is only ONE (or probably two, another one being the MC's best friend or something) capable, badass and righteous male lead surrounded by his ass-kicking harem. Harem genre as a whole just simply replace pathetic useless protagonist with the badass one at the cost of every other capable male characters.
Nah. In a sense it is explained why tallard cannot be tigre's ally. For one, tigre in a sense does not trust tallard but is siding with him since it is Zchted King's request and because tallard knows about sophie being captured. Now next would be the part where tallard doesn't trust tigre since his orders to his subordinate was "Test Him and See his abilities" It has been pretty much explained from the start of vol 6 lols.

EDIT : Opps. supposed to side with prince as the king's request but i cut(Changed) that part out XP

And with regards to the harem genre in novel, the prominent ones would be Madan(No seriously, you should really know how they emphasized other characters. Augre and his son, rurick etc.) and seirei tsukai (although there are no males in this, his role of being the only male is emphasized since he has been pretty much a "Tool" his entire childhood life.)

Old 2013-08-04, 03:38   Link #2469
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Harem????? Who needs that? All is fine as long as there is the loli Olga.
Old 2013-08-04, 04:33   Link #2470
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Harem????? Who needs that? All is fine as long as there is the loli Olga.
seriously..cramped... you and your loli fetish ~.~ I wish olga would give up on tigre and let Ellen have him D=

Old 2013-08-04, 04:47   Link #2471
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
seriously..cramped... you and your loli fetish ~.~ I wish olga would give up on tigre and let Ellen have him D=
ulga can take tigre by force..and i mean really "force" XD
Old 2013-08-04, 05:42   Link #2472
ImperialFlameGod8190

cloud u do realize that the only reason ellen hasn't taken tigre by "force" yet is because she knows that she may lose everything if somebody important finds out.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 06:00   Link #2473
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Tallard is a wolf in sheep clothing , obviously he helped Tigre because it would help his ambition , i do believe if he thinks Tigre helps Guine , he will get rid of Tigre .

And he also curious about Tigre 's bow , and that make me think why he is so interest in Tigre 's bow , may be because of its unique design .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 06:15   Link #2474
Yami no Ou
まおう

I thought Tigre's bow is just a plain black bow with no embroideries in it,maybe Tallard is just curious cause he can feel something ominous from the jet black bow
Old 2013-08-04, 06:21   Link #2475
ImperialFlameGod8190

I'm pretty sure tigre's black bow is connected to the person who founded the vanadis country. That's why it worked so well with Ellen's sword during her battle with ludmira and why he hears that voice.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 06:27   Link #2476
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I won't be surprised if one day the author is like * Alright ! Let's make Tigre a descendant of the 1st king of Zhect ! * .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 06:31   Link #2477
Yami no Ou
まおう

considering that the founder of Zchted is called a Black Dragon and Tigre's bow is jet black in color and the way it works together with the Viralt it won't come as a surprise if Tigre is a descendant of him
Old 2013-08-04, 08:02   Link #2478
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
And with regards to the harem genre in novel, the prominent ones would be Madan (No seriously, you should really know how they emphasized other characters. Augre and his son, rurick etc.) and seirei tsukai (although there are no males in this, his role of being the only male is emphasized since he has been pretty much a "Tool" his entire childhood life.)
Madan is a mild case, since there are many capable male characters besides Tigre, both his side and enemies. But most of the badass characters are female, male like Roland got killed off, the rest are enemies.

IS, STnBD, Kenshin no Keishousha, Magika no Kenshi simply made sure all other male characters are weaker or downright pathetic compared to female just so that we could have harem setting, the first two examples are really horrible for male since even enemies are all female while the latter two still have a male sidekick.

Your reasoning is logical with that setting, but it's still annoying when we take into account the world setting, too convenient setting.

Seriously, can't we have badass male protagonist with badass male side characters and enemies?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:03   Link #2479
EvI

the problem is not that, the history has a lot of guys but mostly are common soldiers who die in the battlefield or something, the good ones just die or become the enemy, but for me i don't care at all since from the beggining everybody new that this was going to be like this, female overpower all around this protagonist with him himself becoming more closer to them, nobody complained about this before, i wonder what the hell are you guys thinking, after all this is not a shounen manga, where the romance and the girls come only at the end of the history to make a impact...
for me the only problem with this novel is the child side of tigre, where he prefer to play the Hunter and doesn't seem interested in the female cast in a romance way, of course there is that good ol' excuse of "social status" but i doubt that in real life there would be a guy who would not be a bit more aware of this things...honestly even if tigre were king already ultra badass where he can get all the girls around him the time he see fit, the way he is now he would found a excuse to not be with any of them like "a king cannot fall in love" or "a king don't have the right to do this" < crap like this...
anyway i still like him, not for his bow skills but because i like strategy type protagonist over powerfull ones (that is why i don't like naruto for example)
he gets the girls because he is kind, but has this side of him and not a total useless guy. a good example recently is Sophie, she was totally into that crap of "social status" but when tigre showed up there in the cliche event "save the princess and show her how badass you are" i bet she fallen hard for him there just like ellen and mira, this is normal until there, girls like this kinds of things, the problem is the male...for me the author passed the impression of not knowing how to deal with the romance and created this excuse of "social status" to not deal with it...
anyway, this is just my little opnion hehe
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:31   Link #2480
borisdrakoni

Most harem series rely on the slow, gradual development of relations between characters to supplement the plot. Otherwise with everyone completely conquered within a couple of volumes there would be no more room for progression, and for something that could go to 10+ volumes depending on popularity it would be a death flag. The only series that really springs to mind with a successful carnivorous protagonist would be Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica, but I think it does well because it's an exception rather than the rule. In Tigre's case, there are some very concrete reasons for him not pursuing any of the girls so far, mainly involving assassination, the threat of death, he could be killed, etc.

Regarding an absence of other dominant male characters in the series, I actually prefer things the way they are now. Otherwise you'll run into a scenario like Index, where you end up with multiple protagonists, way too many side characters, and a plot so twisting and fragmented that it becomes more impossible to follow each volume. It's at that point that you start to wish for someone to trim the fat George R. R. Martin style.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)