Old 2010-08-02, 21:04   Link #2481
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

man that was a great read! The Shana/Hecate moment was pretty damn awesome
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 21:31   Link #2482
OmniDragon

Snake/Yuji are merged but do they know what each other are thinking? Seems when Snake told Hecate his reason for capturing Shana Yuji came out and told Snake he was wrong. Meaning they don't know what each other are thinking? Are maybe I just read that part wrong.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 10:43   Link #2483
marlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Snake/Yuji are merged but do they know what each other are thinking? Seems when Snake told Hecate his reason for capturing Shana Yuji came out and told Snake he was wrong. Meaning they don't know what each other are thinking? Are maybe I just read that part wrong.
I think that you have problem because of this fragment:
Quote:
“She will surely make a reckless bet, to collect all her last power to materialize the Demon, “Tenjou no Gouka” hoping it could defeat me in that short time. Am I correct?”
This time, Yuuji as himself not as the “Sairei no Hebi”, declined,
“That’s wrong”
As if to make the pendant placed in his chest heard his words, he continued to speak in clear tone,
“This one is originally very strictly faithful to his own role. He will never try do such kind of uncertain destruction. I’m sure that he will certainly return to “Guze”, and immediately search for his third contractee.”
You understand it wrong because SnH Yuuji firstly asked a question to hecate as SnH and later he answered this question as Yuuji which means he used Yuji tone of voice and previus he used tone of voice like a god,
in general he had asked a question and answered it by himself but he used different type of voice and thats all

Last edited by marlock; 2010-08-10 at 12:59.
marlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 20:33   Link #2484
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

After scrummaging through all the pages of this thread (rubs eyes) and reading all the spoilers to the novels, the story is certainly very interesting, and would like to see how exactly how it will turn out for Shana and Yuji

Either Yuji realizes that the SotF's intentions of this state are currently not what he had planned and decides to take over on who control's Yuji's body, and helps Shana defeat Snake, although that is still a hard opinion to put faith in because of the fact that Yuji accepted merging with SotF with this talk of changing the way Tomagara's supply themselves with POE and not feast on humans for it.

I have some other opinions, but I really hope for the one above... To tragic to see either Yuji or especially Shana die but that is probably how the story will end with either 1 of them dying, or both of them dying.
Old 2010-08-11, 09:35   Link #2485
Elf song

Found some interesting information from this page at Japanese Wikipedia.
See the only bold kanji below?
It's read "Sairei no Hebi", the cult worshiping the brazen/copper serpent (Nehushtan) during Bronze Age.
from when Moses made the staff of copper serpent to cure people who was bitten by poisonous serpent sent by God.

I think the author possibly took the name(or "title" in SnS) from this...not sure
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 15:33   Link #2486
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Found some interesting information from this page at Japanese Wikipedia.
See the only bold kanji below?
It's read "Sairei no Hebi", the cult worshiping the brazen/copper serpent (Nehushtan) during Bronze Age.
from when Moses made the staff of copper serpent to cure people who was bitten by poisonous serpent sent by God.

I think the author possibly took the name(or "title" in SnS) from this...not sure
Well animes usually do have many things that resembles mythology and etc from the past so likely that happened.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 15:47   Link #2487
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Well pretty much every other tomagora is named after some kind of mythological figure so it wouldn't suprise me.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 15:34   Link #2488
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/latio/20100814#p1

Shana sales total 7.5 million
Old 2010-08-24, 14:16   Link #2489
iceredwing

Any hints on the release of XXI?
iceredwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 14:40   Link #2490
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been looking and so far I have been unable to find any new information.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 15:52   Link #2491
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I really do wish we got some announcement of the next novel coming out, Its been quite a long time since we last got new of any recent ones.
Old 2010-08-24, 22:47   Link #2492
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

What do you guys think of this: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html

Does that mean that Vol. 22 is the last one? o_O
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 22:52   Link #2493
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ I doubt that's really a viable source to go off of. Online shopping sites post mistakes like that all the time. It seems odd that they would already have that up and we don't even have a date for the 21st novel yet. Also, the release date says earl-April 2010. :/

Speaking of that, I think it'll probably come out around November 10th.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2010-08-24 at 23:03.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 01:11   Link #2494
Elf song

I think they may include vol.0 , S and SII within this "22 volume set".

So it may be >> I-XIX, 0, S and SII.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 01:44   Link #2495
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
^ I doubt that's really a viable source to go off of. Online shopping sites post mistakes like that all the time. It seems odd that they would already have that up and we don't even have a date for the 21st novel yet. Also, the release date says earl-April 2010. :/

Speaking of that, I think it'll probably come out around November 10th.
I'm just taking a guess, but i really do hope they start the third season around November, if Novel 21 is going to be close to the end, or probably around the next novel release.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:38   Link #2496
Zonderziel

Hey Guys,
I searched a lot to find a topic like this, since i just finished the seasons of SnS again.
I can't wait to the third season since i learned that Yuji becomes evil.

So my question is, where do you find your light novel ? can you all read japanese or is it a way to have they in english ?

Scuse me for My english, i'm french.

Thanks .
Zonderziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 17:40   Link #2497
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonderziel View Post
Hey Guys,
I searched a lot to find a topic like this, since i just finished the seasons of SnS again.
I can't wait to the third season since i learned that Yuji becomes evil.

So my question is, where do you find your light novel ? can you all read japanese or is it a way to have they in english ?

Scuse me for My english, i'm french.

Thanks .
Well mostly people here can read Japanese, or atleast know some of it enough to translate it. Once they read through it, got through all the excitement they built up from the story, they translate it into English for the rest of us here on AnimeSuki that does not know Japanese, such nice people
Old 2010-08-28, 17:51   Link #2498
Zonderziel

It's too late for me to learn japanese. At least, for now, because i'm entering in medecine studies, so, not have that much time ...

Is there a way to have traductions of 13-22 tomes ?

If no, i'll just be reading here starting now. Thanking you all.
usually i prefer anime coz it have musics etc..
But it's frustrating coz the third season in anime not seems to come this year, moreover, season don't respect the novels. And i don't like this.

Just hoping that it can have an happy end. And not shana killing Yuji (for me this end seems to be one of the better possibility for this kind of stories... but no.. i don't want that ^^ ).

Thanks for the informations !
Old 2010-08-28, 17:54   Link #2499
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonderziel View Post
It's too late for me to learn japanese. At least, for now, because i'm entering in medecine studies, so, not have that much time ...

Is there a way to have traductions of 13-22 tomes ?

If no, i'll just be reading here starting now. Thanking you all.
usually i prefer anime coz it have musics etc..
But it's frustrating coz the third season in anime not seems to come this year, moreover, season don't respect the novels. And i don't like this.

Just hoping that it can have an happy end. And not shana killing Yuji (for me this end seems to be one of the better possibility for this kind of stories... but no.. i don't want that ^^ ).

Thanks for the informations !
Well the recent translations on this thread is from novel 16-18/19, I think the translators sorta stopped for some reason, also the anime does not stray to far from the novel, it is merely just the ending in which they do their "Anime Original" which judging from Season 2, will somewhat impact how Season 3 will continue on with Yuji being the bad guy.

I really do hope that Shana does not kill Yuji It is to sad to think about it, but if you read the previous posts in this thread, there are many opinions on how this is possible by other people here.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:15   Link #2500
Zonderziel

Yeah... this kind of ending have a bigger impact on readers... sad endings.
But it would be a wast of this pretty romance story..

Imo the anime is gonna end well coz the anime seems to be more shonen (in the way "more for the children, i mean ) than the novels. So i think they'll make their own ending liek for the season 2.

Hope it will have a good ending .. one of them at least, i'll just keep the happy ending in mind X).

(sorry for my english again. I'm sur i'm making a lot a mistakes. I'm kind of sleepy too (01h15am here ) )

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen