Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-21, 01:10   Link #2541
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Agreed. Though the tournament itself is now a mere shadow of its former glory, spectators are likely still a different matter... here in AnimeSuki we see that this AST thread which just started existing in June already has 124,901+ views and 600+ more posts vs. 86,933+ views for the ISML '13 thread which has been there essentially since the year started. Even the naysayers still pop back in here from time to time to regularly lament at how far the tournament has fallen.
I personally blame the "Moe boom" being over and all that entails. Security measures probably only account for a small faction of the "lost votes". But aside from Madoka, has there been a show that has achieved a level of fame even close to Haruhi or Nanoha in recent years?
Old 2013-11-21, 01:40   Link #2542
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
I personally blame the "Moe boom" being over and all that entails. Security measures probably only account for a small faction of the "lost votes". But aside from Madoka, has there been a show that has achieved a level of fame even close to Haruhi or Nanoha in recent years?
K-ON!? Lucky Star? Saki?
Old 2013-11-21, 02:37   Link #2543
RJ TAYLER

Could voter pre-registration be an answer, as in elections in the real world it was designed to reduce the instances of fraud and multi-voting? Give the punters a window of say five weeks to get id done and then vote to your heart's content, safe in the knowledge that your Voter Ident No is secure. As it is the Tally's are not even reaching the US Electoral College level this semi-finals time.
Old 2013-11-21, 03:02   Link #2544
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well and ISML has its own entire forum so not everyone has to post here anymore. We use to get complaints before it had its own forum because it was always on the top page "pushing other topics down".
Old 2013-11-21, 03:17   Link #2545
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
K-ON!? Lucky Star? Saki?
The first and last both debuted on TVs in April 2009. And the middle came out before even them.

And K-On's momentum was dead by 2012, none of them made it past Round 1 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2013-11-21, 05:05   Link #2546
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Small? Weren't all the declines in voter numbers due to tighter and tighter restrictions? Including this latest one.

131-56 to blue-hair as of now.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-11-21, 05:57   Link #2547
Archaeon

Man,those low votes in semi final are just pathetic. Can't blame those voters in Japan for boycotting since there possibility of rigging happen.

Right now I wonder if Japanese people or people outside Japan care about this tournament more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisu View Post
The way I see it, the admins anticipated heavy cheating by the old Misaka cheaters in that match, and took a scorched earth approach which had a bunch of false positives. They shut down the cheaters, but legitimate Saki voters were thrown out too, took it personally, and boycotted. (Even the ones who plan to come back in future years have reasons to cooperate, as losing here will defuse anti-Saki sentiment over last year)

What if the admins are now enraged about being boycotted over what they perceived as necessary measures to stop blatant cheating? They see accusations being hurled, DDoS attacks, and voters dropping like flies (especially since the 10/5 Matsumi vs Mami battle was the true championship match, much like how Toki vs Akari was last time). If we assume they're stubborn enough to stand by their decisions and stay the course, they'll see the naysayers as being in the wrong and deserving of a slapdown.

So if my guesses are correct, the tournament is on the path to destruction even if the admins aren't rigging (and it's very possible that they are).
Looks like your guesses and prediction one month ago is correct.
Old 2013-11-21, 08:54   Link #2548
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
The first and last both debuted on TVs in April 2009. And the middle came out before even them.

And K-On's momentum was dead by 2012, none of them made it past Round 1 if I'm not mistaken.
I just wanted to throw it out there. Well, Ai Haibara always makes it it. She's like a sacred cow in this competition, if not THE sacred cow.
Old 2013-11-21, 09:20   Link #2549
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for graphics:
Old 2013-11-21, 09:38   Link #2550
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Spoiler for graphics:
Well, that was rather one-sided
Old 2013-11-21, 09:41   Link #2551
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for News:
Old 2013-11-21, 09:56   Link #2552
Subayai

Well, congrats to Sayaka.

Watashi reached much further in the tournament than anyone could have expected when this started and I'm glad she did so well.

For the Grand Final, my pick is Sayaka but my prediction is Madoka.
Old 2013-11-21, 09:56   Link #2553
Archaeon

Pick Sayaka

Prediction Madoka
Old 2013-11-21, 09:57   Link #2554
RJ TAYLER

One again it is GAME OVER PLAYER TWO before the final match.

PLAYER TWO HAS UNLOCKED THE ACHIEVEMENT: "Hat-Trick" earned during 2011-2012-2013
Old 2013-11-21, 09:57   Link #2555
Hachiko
The Akita

Old 2013-11-21, 09:58   Link #2556
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Spoiler for *cue Ashiato (Footprints) by Eri Kitamura*:
"Step by step"

The curtain falls on the Main Character's fairytale run. Humanity has become extinct in the context of the tournament's participants. With this, the Final Match is an all-Puella Magi affair like in 2011.

Once again, the Resistance collapsed in the Semifinals against the one faction that also reigned supreme two years ago. The resulting Final Match is a rematch of Sayaka and Madoka's confrontation in the 2011 Quarterfinals. Of course, I hope the outcome would be different this time!

Images
did somebody say one-sided?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sayaka makes it to the Final Match! Considering Sayaka's easier road through her block, I've known this would be a possibility; but to actually see it happen now is something else!
Old 2013-11-21, 10:06   Link #2557
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Yelp, Watashi reached the lowest vote count she ever got in this tournament. It seems nobody even cares to beat a Puella Magi anymore and they just left the stage to the Puella Magi's hand. It's been impressive for Watashi, a lone ranger who got no proper backing or tactical voting from major factions and still easily defeat a lot of promising contestants on her own. Nobody even thought she could pull off such performance before the tournament started. I'm really proud of you. Sad to see Watashi very likely won't participate in Saimoe anymore.

Congrats to Sayaka. I hope you and Madoka can enjoy the Puella Magi second Saimoe final.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-11-21, 10:15   Link #2558
wontaek

So, who will in J AST 2014?
Old 2013-11-21, 10:16   Link #2559
ion475
にこにこにー

While Watashi winning would be nice...oh well, Sayaka works also, except that she's going against Madoka instead of Kyouko.

At least that makes the choice for final a LOT easier...

Pick/Predict: Sayaka, especially when I'll go against Madoka no matter what anyway.
Old 2013-11-21, 10:21   Link #2560
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
So, who will in J AST 2014?
...usagi?

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament