AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-13, 17:51   Link #241
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Altering is one thing, but to turn it into something so stupid is just.....
Once again can't help but agree with you. But can tolerate since Kurumi is here.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 17:56   Link #242
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amario View Post
Once again can't help but agree with you. But can tolerate since Kurumi is here.
Same here, Kurumi is the savior of Mahousen, and to add, that ending from Nano scored high for me~~
Old 2014-01-13, 18:17   Link #243
Amario

Quote:
Same here, Kurumi is the savior of Mahousen, and to add, that ending from Nano scored high for me~~
Haha definitely true!
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 18:38   Link #244
Kyouka
Is Here

waiting for the pink hair girl to appear flies away
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 20:52   Link #245
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Altering is one thing, but to turn it into something so stupid is just.....
As long as they get back on track, it's bearable. I mean, from what little I gleaned from the manga, it would have taken a significant amount of time to rope pyro and Kurumi into the plot.

Quote:
Nano was pretty great.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 12:07   Link #246
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET artist

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 12:16   Link #247
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

That depends. Love triangle can be good... if it isn't narmy and moves back and forward. At least in harem, the shipping remains steady and balanced. True, it isn't moving forward, but isn't moving back and forth either.

Especially annoying if it's going back and forth when it's obvious how things will go.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 13:02   Link #248
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

I can feel the rage of Otakus on 2ch..

Quote:
This is the problem with differing languages. Whenever something is translated from a language to another, the translated body will lose the essential meaning of few words, which in turn can cause a lot of confusion here and there.

Anyway, ”何で武この子のこと名前で。。” Does lean towards "Why is Takeshi (calling (implied through the context)) her by name (in an intimate sense).....".
First name in Japanese is "下の名前", just like how "苗字" is for surname.

名前 refers to name http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Name+meanings which can either mean surname or given name.
PS: Episode 2 cleared this ambiguity, Kurumi did meant first name by 名前.
Old 2014-01-16, 16:14   Link #249
Kadi
知識の探求者

And the train wreck goes round and round, round and round...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 16:27   Link #250
synx

Quote:
I can feel the rage of Otakus on 2ch..

Adaptation really that inaccurate? Should I be reading LN instead?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 16:27   Link #251
BW95
Banned

First anime I've seen with a gunsword. At least with Ida around, Class C will truly become a class of Hell.

Was it ever explained why Kurumi's magic made her bust grow bigger?

Don't know about you guys, but Mui's voice is just ecstasy.

Is outsourcing animation work common?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 17:00   Link #252
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
Adaptation really that inaccurate? Should I be reading LN instead?
Spoiler for The state of the Anime compared to the Light Novel (Warning: This may be offensive to grade schoolers):

I am still gonna stick with Mahousen because of Kurumi and the music.
Old 2014-01-16, 17:27   Link #253
HandofFate

lol. Episode 2 just boggles my mind even more than episode 1 with how nonsensical everyone acts.

Episode 1 had all the magicians breaking all these rules they 100% knew about at the drop of a hat and the MC not caring about a gun pointing at his face or even that there's a gun there.

This girl with the gun is an S-class magician? Don't buy it.

The MC I can buy just outright moving to another dimension because his family life sucks and they don't care anyway.

But the other two? The other guy I assume is because he wants to protect his little sister's normal life, and the girl sticking by just because. But how about their families, they're just like "hey, we're going to transfer right away to this school, okay mom?" "What?! where" "oh its okay, its just on the otherside of the mirror."

And lol @ the shop owner giving a newbie student such a high tech weapon just because.
Old 2014-01-16, 17:43   Link #254
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wait wait wait, you mean to say there was a global magic war? And nobody even so much as noticed? And how the hell did that elimination spell or that Gift spell not turn every kid around the world into mages? The previous episode was quite explicit in establishing that so much as getting brushed with a whiff of excess magic turns you into a mage!

Speaking of which, the villain. If you want "a world just for magicians" why don't you just... I dunno... infect every child in the world with magic? It's quite easy, you know.

And what's up with everyone just going "kay, gonna live in another world now." I can get the MC, but why are the other two staying? Blondie looks like he has a little sis. No brother would ever consider abandoning his little sis at the drop of a hat because "oooh, magic" no matter how awesome magic is.

And there is no way you can convince me miss bumbling idiot "oopsie, I had to be protected by amateurs and got three people involved in magic, tehe" is a super S-class mage.

And then there was "Let's swing dangerous weapons at a rookie to test something that may or may not blow his hand of." Yeah, that was a good idea. Aren't you glad he lucked out with his super synergy instead of exploding an arm or, god forbid, you chopping one off?

Blaagh, this anime manages to push all the wrong buttons.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 17:50   Link #255
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

I keep getting Harry Potter vibes from this anime. Including, but not limited to
Spoiler for Speculation i haven't read the LN:

I also found too convinient that the families of this three people don't care that much if they transfer to a school in another dimension. Unless is conveniently swept under the rug "they did it with magic". I'll keep watching out of pure curiosity.
Old 2014-01-16, 18:04   Link #256
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Clarifications for few things from the anime:

Last edited by Ougon; 2014-01-16 at 18:19.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 18:18   Link #257
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's generally how it goes when only the first name is stated. Like I said, unless specified when someone tell/mention a full name, 名前 is the given name.

In any case, unless episode 3 is miraculously good, I guess I will just drop this series.
Major sakuga slump aside (especially starting the moment Takeshi is about to have his aspect), the setup is getting more and more convenient and generic:
-academy setup despite in another world? Check.
-weird rule that bide both sides upon mutual agreement despite one side shoudn't even care? Check.
-Big Bad MIA with a very shallow objective? Check.
-hero's relic? Check.
-forceful activation of the relic with a completely random and dangerous method? Check.
-Adaptative magic that grants a very versatile power to the MC? Check.

The other problem is that you barely learn about the characters, even Takeshi is barely exposed (with a "seemly" important family drama kept secret) leading to shallow reasons for them to stay. They are just... bland so to speak, and the fun thing is if the anime viewers didn't read the synopsis, they wouldn't know Kurumi and Takeshi are a "fake couple", so her reactions would look tame for a girlfriend and so forth.

I find funny the author describes this series as a magical girl one, despite it is a hell of a backbone/authentic chuuni shounen series.
Old 2014-01-16, 18:20   Link #258
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Weismann cast the gift only on the planet, not on the humans.

I think it's pretty obvious that Kurumi is just staying because of Takeshi.

Mui was not stated to be an s-class magician, but a magician from the elite class s
The fact that he cast it on the planet is the problem here. Episode 1 clearly established that just being close to a spell is enough to trigger an awakening. Every human being is close to the world.

And yes, Kurumi is staying because of Takeshi. But to the point of abandoning her entire life up to that point? Much harder to grasp.

And episode 1 did everything it could to make Mui the least likely candidate for elite class material.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 18:38   Link #259
Kadi
知識の探求者

Wow, you must really want to watch this, considering how reluctant you are to drop it...

For those who care: The novels are better, but they're far from perfect, too. E.g. the "Mui sucks for being S(elected) Class" is the same.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 18:39   Link #260
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The fact that he cast it on the planet is the problem here. Episode 1 clearly established that just being close to a spell is enough to trigger an awakening. Every human being is close to the world.

And yes, Kurumi is staying because of Takeshi. But to the point of abandoning her entire life up to that point? Much harder to grasp.

And episode 1 did everything it could to make Mui the least likely candidate for elite class material.
Episode 1 only explained that being in direct influence of magic would turn you into a magician. "Gift" had only influenced the land.

Well, you just have to wait to find out about her feelings.

I was only correcting you on the s-class magician thing. Don't forget they are only students in the end, they can't fight with professional magicians.