Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-05, 14:00   Link #241
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
I hope Yuzuyu will stop crying and whining 'every episode' though.
She's only 5 year old. And she doesn't have her parents around, If I were her I will feel unsecure too.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 17:01   Link #242
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I think it has enough content for 26 'filler-less' episodes. I hope Yuzuyu will stop crying and whining 'every episode' though.
Hey, she's going through a hard time and she's only 5! Quite frankly she's got a lot more reasons to cry that Shina (Stellvia) did and a lot less experience at dealing with life. I think she's been amazingly strong considering that she's just lost both her parents.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 17:17   Link #243
bluemist
i am the mist

I accept your reasons, but I think the anime didn't do well on the 'crying Yuzuyu' scenes. Maybe it's personal preference, but I think those scenes are kinda dragging.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 17:55   Link #244
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I find those scenes heartwrenching! Poor little Yuzu-chan is so cute that I just keep wanting to comfort her. Not dragging at all. You're just a heartless Oni.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 19:18   Link #245
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I find those scenes heartwrenching! Poor little Yuzu-chan is so cute that I just keep wanting to comfort her. Not dragging at all. You're just a heartless Oni.
Nah I'm not heartless. I simply wasn't hit by her emotional lows because (for me) the anime didn't project it as well as the manga (I have just read seven endearing chapters!)

But I'm certainly hit by her emotional highs! Everytime she smiles I smile too. So cute... especially the voice fits really really well!
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 22:11   Link #246
Itlandm
Porcupine

Actually the dragging out in emotional scenes seems to be a feature of this anime. It's not exactly subtle in pointing out what scenes deserve the most attention: Either the background changes to a psychedelic pattern, or the scene just freezes for a long time. Not that I mind, normally, although I guess it is a bit patronizing. I have not seen the manga so I don't know how it is done there.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 06:54   Link #247
FeiFongWong

Quote:
Nah I'm not heartless. I simply wasn't hit by her emotional lows because (for me) the anime didn't project it as well as the manga (I have just read seven endearing chapters!)

But I'm certainly hit by her emotional highs! Everytime she smiles I smile too. So cute... especially the voice fits really really well!
Bluemist, I've also skimmed through some chapters in the manga, I don't really wanna go too far ahead of the anime. ;-) But I think I know why you like the manga beter... because your the one acting out all the chars in your head. ;-)

...maybe?

It's not a spoiler since they show it in the op, and end themes... but I can't wait to actually watch the eps. when Kokoro and Kippei finally hook-up. Saw some pics of it in the manga...
FeiFongWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 09:03   Link #248
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiFongWong
Bluemist, I've also skimmed through some chapters in the manga, I don't really wanna go too far ahead of the anime. ;-) But I think I know why you like the manga beter... because your the one acting out all the chars in your head. ;-)

...maybe?

It's not a spoiler since they show it in the op, and end themes... but I can't wait to actually watch the eps. when Kokoro and Kippei finally hook-up. Saw some pics of it in the manga...
I think it's more of my 'seen first' effect. Because I read some of the manga 'first' I tend to compare, even though they should be separate entities because they have separate entertainment mediums.

And my 'seen first' effect usually means I would like the 'first' (manga) better than the 'second' (anime).

Well enough about that, I still like both anyway!
Old 2004-05-08, 05:52   Link #249
Itlandm
Porcupine

Bluemist, this it kinda offtopic but how do you make such good screenshots as are on your web site? Do you make them yourself? Because I use a digital camera and the pictures are much less sharp than yours. I would love to make wallpapers from Baby, it has the cutest art of all!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 07:22   Link #250
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Bluemist, this it kinda offtopic but how do you make such good screenshots as are on your web site? Do you make them yourself? Because I use a digital camera and the pictures are much less sharp than yours. I would love to make wallpapers from Baby, it has the cutest art of all!
I don't make wallpapers, so I can't help you there. If you meant the AB screenshots, I merely make screencaps out of fansubs. My video player is BSPlayer, and it can capture video frames into jpg. I edit the picture to make it small. Then that's it. No magic and fancy stuff.
Old 2004-05-08, 14:44   Link #251
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiFongWong

Well, let's face it, the manga is definately superior to the animated series. I simply love Maki Yoko's style..it's so dreamy, i always melt right away^^
Still, i do appreciate the oportunity to see this lovely manga story in motion..i especially like to see the animated Yuzuyu..awwww, isn't she sweet? I want a daughter right now!
I'm also very fond of her seiyuu, she just fits her role like a glove. The moment i heard her voice i just thought " woohh they actually took a young girl for the role instead of a "seasoned" seiyuu who's acting like a little girl...brilliant choice".
I fail to comprehend why some members don't like her, but that's just me i guess^^
Oh yeah, it's still worthwhile to follow the show if you already read several chapters ahead..at least for me it didn't spoil any fun at all.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:45   Link #252
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Spoiler for Ep 5:

And I don't like Yuzuyu's seiyuu because she sucks at crying. It sounds so fake. I don't like her voice but I'm slowly getting used to it.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 17:49   Link #253
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
And I don't like Yuzuyu's seiyuu because she sucks at crying. It sounds so fake. I don't like her voice but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Speaking from actual experience, a 5-year olds crying IS mostly fake^^
They just want to mess with our heads so that we are on good terms with their wishes....very convenient
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 18:56   Link #254
Frog
Shimako's Embodiment

Was it just me or did the animation in episode 5 seem alot better then what it had been. I mean its still average but it looked pretty decent in that episode.
Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:38   Link #255
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi en Grey
I remember that the first ep got like only 100 downloads .. but than in ep 5, the anime suddenly got 1000!!! Wow!! =D

This anime is so cute! I'm downloading episode 5 right now! Anybody else here like it? ^___^

- Navi

I like it a lot my friend, but I already said so in the sub forum in the Ashiteruse Baby thread ^^
Old 2004-05-09, 20:46   Link #256
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Speaking from actual experience, a 5-year olds crying IS mostly fake^^
They just want to mess with our heads so that we are on good terms with their wishes....very convenient
I guess not in the perfect world of animes. The 5 years old are as pure and innocent as little puppies wich makes it even greater. ^__________^
Old 2004-05-09, 20:54   Link #257
x3no

I don't know why but i really like this series, more and more every week. This is the series that i most look after every week right now(last week without a release was a torture, keep hitting F5 on some unfortunate website). And I pretty much have watch all the new spring series.

First the OP/ED are absolutely wonderful slow-pace songs. The character designs are beautiful. The animation could be better but i could live with it..... since its the story that matters in this series and the style they approach doesn't make it too obvious. The seiyuu are great, no complain there. Everything just feels right with this anime.

Well, that's all i have to say. =)
x3no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 22:03   Link #258
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Spoiler for Ep 5:
It would have been even MORE interesting if they had started dating.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 22:13   Link #259
Rem Margot
Darling bud of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog
Was it just me or did the animation in episode 5 seem alot better then what it had been. I mean its still average but it looked pretty decent in that episode.
I agree. There seemed to be a lot more camera movement in this ep; and Kippei's facial design looks more handsome in this ep. than in the last one. Maybe this is just my imagination though.
Rem Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 23:34   Link #260
opanime

Send a message via AIM to opanime Send a message via Yahoo to opanime
yep, its a great anime so far!
opanime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance