AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-22, 08:47   Link #241
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
This series' main skit has been rubbing me the wrong way for quite a while now. His ability, its factors & effects can be explained in detail & its consequences somewhat understandable but rationalize it all you want, its still basically brainwashing. A lot of it he consciously started before he could even walk.

And what little morals I have left just ain't liking it.

Well yeah, it is brainwashing, but after you read a few series with stats that affect opposite sex (shinka no mi etc.) you get a bit imune to this as long as the brainwashing is not forcefull. It is a rather complicated problem co say, whether if you have sexappeal (or whatever it's name is) in stats, it is more unfair, than if you look seriously good, and then the difference between stats and the charisma that just increase good impression a bit is also small. The "miryoku" is usually used only after beiing strongly affected by charisma (and if not it quickly disappears).
In the first place, while it is brainwashing, it' s not like he will get anyoen. It was said, that as long as they dislike him it will get negated, and the thing that there is almost no blatant netori (and the netori there is is rather mild type) helps a lot too. But yeah, no matter how many things I say, it is still brainwashing.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 09:53   Link #242
Senia

Basically you can pass it off as either of them. It's super super charisma to the point where it might as well be brainwashing.
Senia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:26   Link #243
guyy

I prefer it when the MC physically becomes good looking. And then when his actions attract the ladies it's ※ただしイケメンに限る

But when it's a literal 'miryoku cheat skill' with some power working, or some heibon japanese guy / a neet magically attracting women it's a bit annoying to me
guyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:30   Link #244
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But that's like every japanese stories lol~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:36   Link #245
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyy View Post
I prefer it when the MC physically becomes good looking. And then when his actions attract the ladies it's ※ただしイケメンに限る

But when it's a literal 'miryoku cheat skill' with some power working, or some heibon japanese guy / a neet magically attracting women it's a bit annoying to me
It's actually both. Charm or attraction skills also physically affect the skill owner. Just like how more maternity skill = bigger boobs, certain skills can literally make you more good-looking. Not to mention he apparently takes after his parents, who are both fairly good looking (so he doesn't have Japanese features).

So even without actively using his skills, the passive attraction boost still makes him hot as all hell. The lovemaking skill is a good example of this, since one of the sub-skills is literally 'attractive figure' that makes the owner more attractive and has a bonus passive ability that can randomly attract attention like his activated charm ability (which seems to have a higher chance of activating the less clothes you have on, or at least the sudden removal of clothing).
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:49   Link #246
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^But that's like every japanese stories lol~
What is? Ikemen MC or heibon MC? Because I'm pretty sure there's a decent amount of either type
Old 2015-11-22, 11:00   Link #247
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
What is? Ikemen MC or heibon MC? Because I'm pretty sure there's a decent amount of either type
Ha? Negoto wa nete ie! Heibon to Ikemen is like 9:1
Old 2015-11-22, 11:15   Link #248
guyy

Quote:
Ha? Negoto wa nete ie! Heibon to Ikemen is like 9:1
Well yeah I do think there's a lot more of heibon but there is still a "decent amount" of tensei where the MC receives genes from good looking parents or possesses on a good looking one or teni where god prepares them an ikemen body

or like shinka no mi where they evolve into an ikemen on their own. Come to think of it the illustrations of shinka no mi MC look like the average heibon na koukousei...

Last edited by guyy; 2015-11-22 at 11:26.
Old 2015-11-22, 11:33   Link #249
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Most of them "ikemen", eventhough they are ikemen, usually the reason the heroines fall for them is not because they are ikemen. It's the same with heibon MC... being saved from crisis, kindness, "destiny" and shit....

So ikemen and heibon don't fundamentally change anything for shounen novels... for shoujo novels it changes everything though....
Old 2015-11-22, 11:36   Link #250
guyy

Quote:
^Most of them "ikemen", eventhough they are ikemen, usually the reason the heroines fall for them is not because they are ikemen. It's the same with heibon MC... being saved from crisis, kindness, "destiny" and shit....

So ikemen and heibon don't fundamentally change anything for shounen novels... for shoujo novels it changes everything though....
But a girl falling for the guy who saved her could actually make a bit of sense when the savior is an ikemen, same thing for other reasons of falling for MC

not so much for heibon

I mean you are saying the girls fall for the same reasons for ikemen and heibon but in reality, of course the looks would play a part in falling for ikemen... as for heibon there is a magical shujinkou hosei playing a part
Old 2015-11-22, 11:41   Link #251
cabman11

Ikeman (riijuuuuu?) and neet loser.

What about the normal everyday guy?
What about that guy who's capable of doing normal things and getting a normal girlfriend and a normal job with a normal pay grade?

Do only two types of people exist in Japan?
Old 2015-11-22, 11:42   Link #252
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^making sense and then what? it's a fact that heibon got their harem like that, and nipponjin force themselves to believe that "true heroines"(ideal girls) don't select their partner from his appearance.

Cabman, you stop being high, we are talking about appearances/looks here....
Old 2015-11-22, 11:44   Link #253
guyy

Quote:
^making sense and then what? it's a fact that heibon got their harem like that, and nipponjin force themselves to believe that "true heroines"(ideal girls) don't select their partner from his appearance.
Well I'm not even sure what you're coming at here anymore with this discussion. I will just refer you to my first post about this
Quote:

Old 2015-11-22, 11:44   Link #254
luffyxnami

Quote:
But a girl falling for the guy who saved her could actually make a bit of sense when the savior is an ikemen, same thing for other reasons of falling for MC

not so much for heibon
Actually it could work if the heibon mc is super op, since it bring to mind the phrase women seek strong genes.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 11:48   Link #255
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post

What about that guy who's capable of doing normal things and getting a normal girlfriend and a normal job with a normal pay grade?

But we are talking about normal guys here... That's what heibon is. The neets always die and get a resurrection into a new body anyway
Old 2015-11-22, 11:53   Link #256
cabman11

Quote:
But we are talking about normal guys here... That's what heibon is. The neets always die and get a resurrection into a new body anyway
I'm pretty sure the neet culture is only a small part of Japan.
Honestly how can anyone relate to that and how could that even be a target demographic?
Old 2015-11-22, 11:59   Link #257
guyy

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the neet culture is only a small part of Japan.
Honestly how can anyone relate to that and how could that even be a target demographic?
At least half a million people who probably do nothing but consume different forms of escapism all day long

I could see that being a demographic. Also it's not like only neets can read a novel with a former neet MC
Old 2015-11-22, 13:50   Link #258
Rasty

In the first place, the goal is (often) to start from position lower than the reader. This way the reader can feel like "if someone like this could do it I could do it even better" (well if the gap goes too far it is just plainly annoying anyway). Otaku is standard (well, it is written for otaku) and then you have to make it lower than bad grades, subpar looks highskooler. Can't do much more than make it a pig or neet.

Well I like the stories where the MC was (and is) capable (inteligence, sports talent), but that is just a personal preference.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 18:30   Link #259
Yoburi

Quote:

This normal guy with job and wife is call winner in life in a way a Ikeman but i know what you mean why dodn't you try reading the Janitor Hero same set classroom goes to another world and Janitor gets bullied because well he clean toilets for living.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 07:43   Link #260
nooneagain

so it went down the ntr road huh? lol. poor kinda-husband(as you would put it), if the author made him out to be an asshole, I might not feel that bad. Was he ever her real husband though? And how many married women he ntr'd so far? about sarasa, is it something like: you don't love your kinda-husband anyway, so stop torturing yourself(this one is like releasing a person you can't love, so they can find someone who would), and set yourself(and him) free????? if that's the case I wouldn't feel so bad.

Last edited by nooneagain; 2015-11-24 at 08:13.
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choroi heroines, game world, harem, huge cock mc, milf, netori, ntr, ntr done by mc, reincarnation