AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-09, 10:29   Link #241
Dernhelm
High on Jin

it's not you, i think something's wrong with their tracker. i just checked and it's "scrape timed out/refused"
umm, try DDL?

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Old 2006-10-09, 11:26   Link #242
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Or IRC if DDL fails. It's pretty simple and fast.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-10-09, 14:08   Link #243
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Thanks everyone!
KissSub has just released their ep 09 - So I'll download from them. it looks like it works better at KissSubs tracker.

And I make sure I'll test DDL next time somethings off.
Old 2006-10-11, 20:46   Link #244
Liallo
lost in own world

Ah! 10 is by far the best now. Has anyone else seen it yet?

Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2006-10-12, 02:43   Link #245
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

no i haven't got the chance to see it yet. could you do a short summary?

edit: seen it now. interesting. CAn't wait for the subs to understand what i couldn't from the raw. oh and arrows LOL.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!

Last edited by Majek; 2006-10-12 at 13:31.
Old 2006-10-13, 00:22   Link #246
lommm
l'homme de lommm

so i basically think the Jin reversal is one of those Aizen-like reversals... the absolute great reversals that you don't see coming until it hits you in the head
Old 2006-10-13, 01:30   Link #247
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
so i basically think the Jin reversal is one of those Aizen-like reversals... the absolute great reversals that you don't see coming until it hits you in the head
Actually, unlike Aizen, it has been speculated ever since the first episode that Jin might be more than he seems. If you go back within this thread and reread the posts, it all started when they showed the OP, and Jin foreshadowed his betrayal by telling Sana that she cannot judge people by how they act/look( Ep01).
Old 2006-10-13, 03:29   Link #248
kuromitsu

Yeah, I just watched ep 9-10, and 10 was really good (I especially loved Jin's little Dilandau impression).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liallo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

As for Jin's change - I knew from the beginning that something like that would happen. Never trust white-haired prettyboys, especially if they seem too good to be true.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2006-10-13 at 03:40.
Old 2006-10-13, 09:10   Link #249
evil-samurai

Interesting episode, though by itself not as good as last episode. The pase of it was fast, didn't expect Jo & Sana to be going after Jin yet. I quite liked the way Sana handled herself in the last scene =) & I loved the way she stared at Jin Jo is still being a nice guy and his one line on the plane was great "If he doesn't tell the truth we'll have to make him"

I think the thing I'm most worried about is a rushed ending.. :/ even though they have caught Jin they can still pull more into the story, I hope it doesn't end on a high. I'd rather they have a more slow finish to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler:
Yay! For Jin he is still a evil bastard =) I'd rather he would just stay insane plus I cant see any good really coming from Jin in the last two episodes.. and personally I'm not interested in a Sob.. story but more-so an explaination.

Though I can say I hate Jin, I love his Crazed/insane side that's come out
Quote:
Spoiler:
I was thinking the same thing

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-10-13 at 09:39.
Old 2006-10-13, 10:51   Link #250
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Is it only me? or is Innocent venus one of those underrated shows .

Jin gets crazier and crazier by the moment.

there are 3? or was it 2 more episodes to go? Thats plenty of time to finish this series i hope. I'm expecting a good ending, after all, Innocent Venus keeps getting better by the episode.
Old 2006-10-13, 11:13   Link #251
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply + thoughts on ep10:

btw, i just realized, Jo really is cursed! XD there's not a partner who will stick with him for long. ^^;
realized that when Jo started infiltrating the compound, all on his own (in Solid Snake/Sam Fisher fashion, a lot more gungho tho)... "like old times"? XD

Old 2006-10-13, 13:04   Link #252
kuromitsu

It's really time for explanations now that the story is almost over... ^^;;; I just hope they'll explain everything. I'm really curious now what they're going to do with Jin, if they're going to keep him eeeevil or try to redeem him somehow (and if that'll work at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
btw, i just realized, Jo really is cursed! XD there's not a partner who will stick with him for long. ^^;
How true! And if he does kill Jin, that'll make him a "buddy killer" again. (Okay, ex-buddy. Whatever.)
Old 2006-10-13, 14:23   Link #253
Izzile

Was the knife guy modeled off Gene Simmons? Look at knife guy's expressions when he's attacking with his tongue out, then look at Gene Simmons in full Kiss makeup with his tongue out too. They bear a chilling resemblance.
Old 2006-10-13, 18:10   Link #254
Cilia

I've finally catched up with the anime ! Since episode 10 is out, I assume there's no need for spoiler tags anymore.

So Jin had revealed himself being the evil machiavelic guy few episodes ago. Ep. 10 made me think that we can add "mad scientist" to his résumé. His face was really creepy when he was exulting about Jo's synchronization with the Gladiator. He could have yelled some "he's alive" line, and I was almost in Frankenstein's world. ^^;

I'm very pleased with Sana's character. She's not the defenseless, easily-depressed and fragile heroin. As a matter of fact, she has guts confronting Jin to find out the truth about herself (and consequently Vulcan/Balkan Project I guess). Way to go Sana ! Punch his face, he deserves it

About Jo, it seems he's now willing to do anything for Sana's sake, and it's greatly to his credit. But, even with his "if he doesn't tell the truth, we'll have to make him" line, I can't clearly define his feelings toward Jin. Why did he say that ? Because of Sana's request that he's willing to accomplish at all costs ? Because he wants to take revenge on Jin for his (back)stab ? For both reasons ? I assume that, although he's now "talkative", he does remain the mysterious guy.
Jo achieved full-synchronization with his Gladiator. I wonder whether there will be an explanation about it. I don't think they'll use a shortcut, like "he's the hero, therefore he only can perform godlike actions with his mecha". I keep my fingers crossed, just in case.

Also, I don't know where the military vs Phantom and Satsuma vs Logos plots will lead. Drake and the Defense Force Chief hand in hand leaks information about Gladiator under "Katsura-kun's" very nose. And, if I did understand well, Toraji has accepted to join Satsuma's ranks officially. How will they link these 3 plots ?

Spoiler for speculations for ep.11:

The InnoVe's "riddle of the week" ! When Jo was in berserk mode, he had a "vision". I count 7 children, then, which is Sana ? I'm still not sure : maybe the second or the third child, starting from the left.

Then, the InnoVe's "fact of the week" ! From episode 8, during Sana's dream, some medicine had been shown :

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) is a central nervous system stimulant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia.org
Methylphenidate (...) was initially prescribed as a treatment for depression, chronic fatigue and narcolepsy, among other ailments. Beginning in the 1960s, it was used to treat children with ADHD [Attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder], known at the time as hyperactivity or minimal brain dysfunction.

Ok, I'll stop right here, I'm over-analyzing ^^;
Old 2006-10-13, 23:06   Link #255
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
(Although to me it seemed he was like "ah, it's fantastic, Jou! yes, yes, come to daddy! Aaah he touched me, yeess~~~~ *faints*" XD;;; Erm. That's all Sakurai's fault.)
LMAO!!!!! PRICELESS!! XDDD;
he actually looked pretty comfortable in Jo's Gladiator's arms, AHAHAHA! like he wouldn't dare struggle cos he enjoyed it XP
(i find it interesting how Jo carried Jin, carefully like that. not by the scruff of the neck, like he did to Gora, and Gora was not even a traitor! (well, he was for some time being, but not as nasty or dangerous as Jin's.) LOL man, i thought you weren't supposed to care but aww, i guess you still hold on to some thread of hope! ^^)

if Jo does kill Jin, i think it's the first time he actively does so, because the previous ones just died cos of accidents. hmm, a bit ironic but it'd be very sad to see him being a lonewolf again. =( lol i hope he kicks the truth and the good out of Jin before Jin reaches his end or something.

Cilia, neat info! especially about your theory on the next episode. Jin going back to Jo and Sana makes a lot of sense because not only would Sana be there but a fully-synchronized Jo too! in fact i think the obsession might have shifted (back?) to Jo because Jo's now the prized item for fully synchronizing with his Gladiator. unless of course he wants to take Sana (and Jo) back to the military facilities to do experiments on them to duplicate whatever resources and capabilities they have. (or apply those on his own Gladiator which was left back there.) which brings to mind, the question: what is Jin's status with his Gladiator? or to put it in another way, how good or at what level is he with it? it seems clear he hasn't achieved the high-synchronization level the way he reacted upon Jo's transformation. i wonder if he ever thought of testing the mechanism on himself, and it's really curious because we don't see any side effects from him either.

EDIT: i found it a bit odd that arrows were able to stop a raging Gladiator. i guess it has something to do about metal being penetrated and not shot at because the metal is made to rebound roundish bullets but not pointed ammo.

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-10-13 at 23:30.
Old 2006-10-14, 03:24   Link #256
lommm
l'homme de lommm

gifs for the downtrodden outside logos

i think all are suki safe

Last edited by lommm; 2006-10-14 at 03:45.
Old 2006-10-14, 05:40   Link #257
Dernhelm
High on Jin

hehe, the fourth one looks like coconut. (and i noticed just now you put a mask on Jin in your sig! )

Old 2006-10-14, 13:02   Link #258
tempest3991

I really don't know how to do spoiler tags so..............

SPOILER

Anybody a little surprised at how easy those infantry took out Steves gladiator with like......crossbows or whatever they were. If gladiators are so strong how do they take explosions and shit but then litterally get WHOMPED by crossbows?

Other than that, loved this episode.
Old 2006-10-14, 17:05   Link #259
Mooses

They were no crossbow bolts but armour-piercing arrows shot from those rifles.

"An Armour-Piercing, Fin-Stabilised, Discarding Sabot (APFSDS) projectile uses the sabot principle and that of fin (drag) stabilisation. In this the sub-projectile carried by the sabot is made long and thin, this increases its sectional density and thus penetration potential. However once a projectile has a length to diameter ratio of greater than ten, shorter for higher density projectiles, spin stabilisation becomes ineffective. Due to this the projectile must abandon spin stabilisation and instead use drag stabilisation, in this case fins attached to its base. The outcome of this is that the sub-projectile of an APFSDS round resembles a large metallic arrow."
Old 2006-10-14, 18:51   Link #260
Haruka-Kun

Am I the only one who think that there is still any good in Jin? I am still hoping for some reconcilation by Jin. I mean there must be a reasonable explanation why he stabs his partner in the gut, kill the-person-who-love-him-dearly father, try to turn his partner into a beehives (with bullets), and laugh like a crazy manica. I mean, other reason beside the fact that he is evil

My ears tell me that a person with such a voice cannot possibly be evil (yes, I type ear). Jin's seiyuu does a great job, and I absolutely love Jin voice.

Okay, back to the evil part. I kind of rewatch the earlier eps and I cannot see that what Jin did for Sana and Jo was not genuine. There are a lot of parts that he protect Sana with his life, and he does seem to care about Jo too. Well, his dark side become more apparent about eps 5, but he still seem to care about Sana. Well, I don't know. Maybe I am being biased because of my ears.

I hope they reveal more about Jo, because right now, I know absolutely nothing about his past . What would made this anime really cliche is to kill off Jin (I have a strong feeling that Jin will die). However, if they did it carefully, even though it cliche, it will be a great ending, hence a great anime.
Closed Thread

Tags
action