AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 12:26   Link #241
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Was that the class rep showering in a dominatrix outfit? What the hell...
Nothing wrong with being into S&M

Quote:
Eh, she's got a very fitting name.
Fear her housekeeping skills more
Old 2011-10-09, 12:46   Link #242
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Of course not. But showering in it is a bit...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 13:41   Link #243
ookamigirl

Oh man, this is starting to look more and more like Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.
Well, the principal was interesting. Wonder how he really looks like under the gas mask.
Fear certainly became instantly popular.
The crazy girl with a serious grudge and bad attitude was pretty dangerous, but I liked the action & new info that came with it!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 13:41   Link #244
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Episode 2

Some freebies from the 1st half of the episode.

Well the show did shift to another gear in the second part but have to disagree with everyone saying it was anything like Higurashi.
The level is nothing compared to something as gory as say a man getting his head chopped into with a cleaver.

Plot isn't confusing either, this poor loli just wants to move on and live alongside humans a normal life (while giving TheEroKing his dose of fanservice ).

Nice avatars. I've been trying to figure out how to make animated gifs without spending a ton of money some expensive software. Hasn't worked out well so far. Spent a good hour trying to get the heart-eyed scene after Haruaki stopped her from hitting the fire alarm with nothing really to show for it. ><
Old 2011-10-09, 14:05   Link #245
EroKing

*cough* pirated softwares *cough*

well all the tutorials are posted here

if it's just a few frames you could take screenshots by saving the images from MPC and opening them up in photoshop, give some frame delay, crop, etc, etc.

but for something with many frames what I usually do is...
1. Use mkvmerge to take a clip of the scene I need a gif for, deselecting the subs.
2. Convert the mkv to avi with Winavi.
3. Convert the avi to gif with Vidgif. (Photoshop supports only a few types of codecs for avi and I haven't been able to figure out which )
4. Open the gif in photoshop and make all the adjustments.

Though recently since some of the anime is in 10bits and Winavi doesn't decode them properly I convert the 10bit clip into 8 bit first using Megui

The gif you were trying to make from that scene, I guess you wanted something like this?

(reserved for KLGChaos)

Feel free to use if you like

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-10-10 at 04:30.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:19   Link #246
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
After watching the episode (UTW subs) myself I definitely don't agree with your 'flavored' assessment. There was nothing rush or choppy about this second episode as compared to the first. While episode 1 does hop, skip and jump scenes abit too quickly for my taste, this episode turn down the gear to a reasonable pace.

And too much information? Well I suppose it's not slice of life or RomCom material, but certainly nothing that can't be handled.
I personally don't agree with this, but you have your opinion and I have mine. You may be taking what I said a little too literally, though, as I tend to make my rants over-exaggerated (on purpose). I wasn't saying that the way they presented the material in the two episodes couldn't be handled; the story isn't confusing in the slightest (occasional little info dumps are fine with me, as a writer I do them myself in my stories sometimes -- but I just dislike the WAY they handled it here). But both the storytelling and overall directing so far have NOT been 100% solid.

As to how close or far away from being 100% they are is purely a matter of personal opinion that will inevitably differ from viewer to viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
With a double genre shift that would send just about any respective anime fan going "Lol wut," there's little time to indulge in the light-hearted atmosphere C3's first episode gave us as we find ourselves diving headfirst into Fear's tragic past.

Some may have found the sudden shift a bit unorthodox, perhaps even confusing, but I rather liked it. It seemed to reflect Fear's character herself and the change that's about to take place between her normal tsundere self and the murdering tool within.

That aside, I don't claim to understand some people's confusion with respect to the story. Seems pretty straightforward to me. Horizon was way more confusing, IMO.

Also, nice to see a not-so-useless male lead take the fight to the enemy. Hopefully he stays that way.

Doubt it, at least for now. C3 has its flaws, but it's stayed pretty loyal to its source material thus far. That aside, and as one who's read both series' light novels, I don't get the same impression from C3 that I did with Itsu-Ten. If nothing else it's not trying to force itself into something it's not, which is always a good thing.
I agree with all of this, especially the last tidbit.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2011-10-09 at 14:35.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:20   Link #247
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Whew well that was a wild second episode. From the summary you knew there was going to be a lot more than some silly school hijinks. Though didn't think Fear's background was as terrible as it ended up being. Being used for all that time to torture and kill people....Finally having a chance to start fresh and live happily, and then this happens. Good to see Haruaki and Konoha step in here. Of course that girl has her own issues which seem to revolve around blood (thus being a sheathed sword).

At least that was balanced with the cheerful energy of Fear dancing around in that school uniform . Maybe not balanced, but was good fun.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:50   Link #248
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep2: first-half looked pretty good and humorous. but the second-half... bah, it's better if I don't express myself about it. I knew it was going to happen, but actually seeing it is another matter I guess. At this point, I'm not sure if I really want to continue watch this... (probably not)

Quote:
one of the few decent scenes of the episode?
Old 2011-10-09, 15:53   Link #249
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
one of the few decent scenes of the episode?
I hope you're kidding, lmao.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:18   Link #250
Dark Wing

After seeing this second episode this series has gotten my attention and will keep watching it. Also the main in my eyes has earned the title badass.
Old 2011-10-09, 16:35   Link #251
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

1.) Stealing an avi.

2.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Oh why don't we troll ourselves
...behold! The new face of TROLL!!!!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:35   Link #252
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

My reaction to last 10 minutes:

That said, why does a show like this even think it needs to rely on constant panty shots. Kind of disappointing.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:40   Link #253
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
*cough* pirated softwares *cough*

well all the tutorials are posted here

if it's just a few frames you could take screenshots by saving the images from MPC and opening them up in photoshop, give some frame delay, crop, etc, etc.

but for something with many frames what I usually do is...
1. Use mkvmerge to take a clip of the scene I need a gif for, deselecting the subs.
2. Convert the mkv to avi with Winavi.
3. Convert the avi to gif with Vid2gif. (Photoshop supports only a few types of codecs for avi and I haven't been able to figure out which )
4. Open the gif in photoshop and make all the adjustments.

Though recently since some of the anime is in 10bits and Winavi doesn't decode them properly I convert the 10bit clip into 8 bit first using Megui

The gif you were trying to make from that scene, I guess you wanted something like this?

(reserved for KLGChaos)

Feel free to use if you like
Vid2gif? Will have to check that out. I got as far as converting to avi, but Windows Movie Maker just doesn't cut it when it comes to making clips. Of course, could have been the quality of the vid as I originally had it in mpg format. I think I can use GIMP to make the gifs. It's actually a really good program considering it's free.

And thanks for than avatars!
Old 2011-10-09, 16:42   Link #254
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
A new week, a new Avatar.

Quote:
Well the show did shift to another gear in the second part but have to disagree with everyone saying it was anything like Higurashi.

The level is nothing compared to something as gory as say a man getting his head chopped into with a cleaver.
They went the "Tim Burton" route when animating the 'torture-scenes'.

That's what I meant when I said 'tamed down'

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Of course not. But showering in it is a bit...
Hmmm... My very first instinct was that it's some kind of restriction device for like her powers or a curse.

No I didn't read any of it from the Novel and I have no proof- it's just something my gut tells me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post

That said, why does a show like this even think it needs to rely on constant panty shots. Kind of disappointing.
*Points towards EroKing and Dahak*

*Shrugs*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:46   Link #255
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol how Fiya fit right in and everyone was fighting over her. That principal has problems. Nice to see Konoha in action. Wonder what Fiya will do now that she's lost it.
Old 2011-10-09, 17:02   Link #256
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm... My very first instinct was that it's some kind of restriction device for like her powers or a curse.
That'd be far less interesting, but probably more logical.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 17:09   Link #257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That'd be far less interesting, but probably more logical.
Yeah, let's forget what's logical and go for more fantastical theories . That was just one more thing to think about in the episode.
Old 2011-10-09, 18:06   Link #258
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Episode 2

Some freebies from the 1st half of the episode.

I'll be taking this one! Thanks. I think the change was fo the good, I'm liking this series more and more, and I'm becoming a bigger fan of FEAR as well.
Old 2011-10-09, 18:08   Link #259
ShiroiRyu

Second episode was a good surprise for me.
And she is cute and in same time ... scary. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 18:14   Link #260
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Second episode was much better than the first. First half was funny, second half was action-packed, though the transition between the two was a bit sudden and jarring. Still a great episode, though, and I can't wait for 3. I kept cracking up at all the English swear words. Overuse of b**** and I even hear s*** in there once. Lol.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen