Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-10, 11:05   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well too bad Anya lost but no surprise in Nagi easily taking that one.

Will go with Izumi and Yukino this time. Izumi is just too fun a character not to support. Yukino is pretty easy to go with as well. Guess we'll find out how the voting shapes out.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-08-11 at 13:45.
Old 2007-08-10, 11:05   Link #242
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It's enough that Nagi's gonna wafflestomp her block; let the loli vampire have her fun~ But that's a month down the line.

Izumi, Hirai (Yukino's more childish-annoying than moe), and Ayano. Sure, minor LS character, but I don't like Erstin and haven't seen the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Will go with Izumi and Yukino this time. Izumi is just too fun a character not to support. The incredible ability to get lost no matter where she is trying to go. Plus some nice exorcism abilities for a quiet character. Yukino is pretty easy to go with as well. Guess we'll find out how the voting shapes out.
Are you confusing Izumi with Isumi?
Z is one of the trio. S is the exorcist.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-08-10 at 11:17.
Old 2007-08-10, 11:18   Link #243
Teiran
NPC
*Author

No vote in A-04 today, but as for the other two matches...

A-08: Hirai-san may be "just a Torch" in the end, but transient as her appearance was, someone's got to remember her.

A-12: Since the adorable, snaggle-toothed Kusakabe Misao isn't in the bracket, I'll vote for her orange-haired companion by proxy. This is the first chance to vote for a Lucky☆Star character, albeit a minor one, in the main tournament; I wonder how she'll do.

I would be delighted if Ayano were to make it out of A-12, considering that she just barely snuck into the main tournament by placing sixteenth in her second preliminary round (and pipping the LS incarnation of Chihara Minori by a single vote to do so).

Last edited by Teiran; 2007-08-10 at 18:09.
Old 2007-08-10, 11:29   Link #244
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Will go with Izumi and Yukino this time. Izumi is just too fun a character not to support. The incredible ability to get lost no matter where she is trying to go. Plus some nice exorcism abilities for a quiet character. Yukino is pretty easy to go with as well. Guess we'll find out how the voting shapes out.
FlareKnight, I hope this won't change your vote, but you are confusing Segawa Izumi with Saginomiya Isumi. Isumi is the girl who gets lost and does the exorcisms. Izumi is one of the student council trio - she has the short twintails that stick out sideways - and is voiced by Sayuri Yahagi (Karin from Karin)

Only had one vote yesterday and I knew she had no chance to start with....
Spoiler for Tanuki picks for today:
Old 2007-08-10, 11:44   Link #245
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Total defeat day!

Sei lost, eventhough she had a nice amount of votes, and Mei never had a chance to begin with.

Guess I'll go with just one vote today. (A-12 Ayano)
Old 2007-08-10, 12:12   Link #246
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Hong hong...Izumi and Tenma..which one should i choose =.='''
Old 2007-08-10, 12:19   Link #247
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

2ch hacking Update

It seemed that I got the system working now. If I'm able to vote in two hours, those of you who're blocked could be in luck.
Old 2007-08-10, 12:26   Link #248
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Today I'm a Tenma, Yukino and Ayano. Though I don't care a ton about any of today's matches, so it's not like I'd be upset if I lost.

I almost feel like switching my vote from Evangeline to Shana in the next round because tactically voting against a character from a series so as not to split the fanbase seems pretty silly to me. Of course, by the time the next round starts I'll have lost way more characters that I like far more than Anya that I'll probably have completely forgotten this vow.
tactical voting already? really imo its pretty dumb but i guess this is "WAR!" knocking strong one out of the game early maybe the best tactic even if i dont agree ~ ill just follow my gut feelings then

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-10, 12:37   Link #249
wontaek

All these tactical voting are the reason why I proposed a voting system that minimizes the effect of tactical voting.

http://www.animenano.com/forum/Anime...ity+contest%3F
Old 2007-08-10, 12:46   Link #250
Once and Current Subber

We don't WANT a voting system that minimizes the effect of tactical voting, though. It's the whole idea. If we didn't want any tactical voting, we'd go vote in the Newtype poll and have done, huh?
Old 2007-08-10, 12:50   Link #251
OverFunk
It will never be the year

I would't like to continue the Shana shitstorm but let me say that I will stand by her even if you hate her for whatever reason or call her cheater for this recent event. I also have Louise (Tsun>Dere) and Nagi (Dere>Tsun)...

Eva vs Shana vs Kallen vs Kanaria... wow. I just hope Kanaria doesn't win. I don't remember here anywhere in the Rozen Maiden Ouverture special. I heard recently that she had three seconds on screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
It seemed that I got the system working now. If I'm able to vote in two hours, those of you who're blocked could be in luck.
Exactly yesterday I was unable to post my vote in 2ch for the first time ever. Got the proxy error someone showed you here. And I had managed to get my vote code...
---

I didn't vote but recapping, Anya lost, Sei lost to a MINOR character in HnG and Nagi won, scratch that, RAPED two also good characters. I had included this phrase in my vote "Rie Kugimiya is going to win Block A, like it or not.", and now it looks more likely to happen than yesterday, but less likely to happen than 3 days ago.

Today, if I vote... Well I can get a code in about 10-12 hours, because if I don't try to get a code early, I have to try almost at 15-16 JST. Now if I can post in 2ch, good, if not I'll ask for AVPlaya's help, I can't afford to lose Tenma here.

Votes:
A-04: <<塚本天満@スクールランブル 二学期>>(Tsukamoto Tenma@School Rumble Second Term)
School Rumble ni Gakki is now an OLD series, so I woder about how much support she'd draw amongst casual voters. She's facing also a MINOR character in HnG. We all know the Ep10 filler was for Hinagiku not these three...

A-08: <<平井ゆかり@灼眼のシャナ>>(Hirai Yukari@Shakugan no Shana)
I remember.

A-12: <<峰岸あやの@らき☆すた>>(Minagishi Ayano@Lucky Star)
Lucky Star character qualified here very easily, but there were some who got their screentime a little too late. Here's for Misao.

Never forget
Old 2007-08-10, 13:09   Link #252
Aaeru
Simoun Sibylla

Once again, 1:1 for me. It's a shame, I thought Sei had at least a chance, even though I wasn't expecting her to win. I can't even tell Miki's personality apart from this round's Izumi. In any case, my predictions went well at 3:0, so I guess it's not time to abandon that method just yet. I will take a greater account of series recognition in this tournament, though. I'm guessing minor characters are going to continue their trend of toppling major ones.
Spoiler for A-04, A-08, A-12 choices:
Old 2007-08-10, 13:25   Link #253
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Voting trivia gleaned from the data mining site for 8/8
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-10, 13:32   Link #254
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Current Standings:

Spoiler:

Will vote for:
Tenma
Yukari
Ayane
Old 2007-08-10, 13:34   Link #255
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Voting trivia gleaned from the data mining site for 8/8
Spoiler:
I love stats.
Old 2007-08-10, 13:54   Link #256
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Well, we have our first record of Highest Votes: 1108 by Nagi. Feel bad for Mei but it's inevitable I guess. Gratz to Miki and whatever the motivation for votes, we now have an undivided Negima vote behind Eva... poor Anya.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Voting trivia gleaned from the data mining site
Ah excellent, I wondered where those statistics would be. Wiki has been updated with these links.

Korean SaiMoe:

* Oh, gratz to Nori for surviving - 4 more votes than Mai (Otome). A ToHeart2 girl stole most of the votes though. Goodbye Sayo and Kasumi...
* Tomari passes, behind a MariMite girl. Uuu... Valcione got more votes than Septieme...
* Another ToHeart2 girl, but in 2nd place. This Clare from CLAYMORE superceded her by 5 votes.
* Yes it was Rimu round.
* Rinna of Kono Aozora... amassed a clear victory. Latooni only got 3.3%... A One Piece girl got 2nd place.
* Yui-neesan~ And another Kono Aozora girl passes.
* None of the groups broke the 1000 Total Vote count.

Spoiler:

Some interesting names, many boring groups.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-08-10, 14:34   Link #257
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Well, we have our first record of Highest Votes: 1108 by Nagi.
Just to put that number in Saimoe historical perspective:
  • In 2006, in the entire First and Second rounds, no character received 1000 votes in a contest. This year, we've cracked 1100 votes on the third day of the First Round.
  • Nagi's 1108 is more than the 1087 votes Nanoha got in the 2005 Final over Souseiseki.
Looks like Saimoe's well on it's way to another record-shattering year. I'm guessing that 1200 will be cracked before the end of the First Round. Maybe even 1300.
Old 2007-08-10, 14:37   Link #258
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
i'm kinda divided on anya losing... on one hand for me she was a the most moe of the group more so than that annoying doll... on another hand i'm glad that she won't split eva's votes later...
i could've voted today but before i reserved a code but before i can refresh and get my code, in my half-asleep state. i accidentally unplugged my router and now i'm getting proxy errors... well, at least there wasn't any particular characters that i want to support today so it's okay... would have voted for izumi and ayano...

-----
for those who didn't check i added 4 new sigs some time ago... check it here...
Old 2007-08-10, 14:42   Link #259
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Didn't really care much about yesterday, but Nagi just went overkill. 1.1k votes in the first round against weak opponents? That's just attracting basically unwanted attention IMO, though it does show how strong the HnG group is (maybe they're the legion this year like StoPani was last year). But in any case, it seems that Nagi's chances at winning her group is almost but confirmed, as I expected.

Votes today...

Hmm, basically how can one choose between two airheads? I guess I'll pick the one that has more impact in the story, being the main character and all. Tenma.

Also, a girl who appeared for what, 2 episodes, or another loli? Blar, lesser of two evils... I guess I'll go anti-loli today (like everyday XD) and vote Yukari.

At least a-12 is easy. Shota-con and Yuri aren't my sort of thing, so Ayano it is.

Can't wait till tomorrow though, as one of my favorites is up (Euphie). Though chances of winning against Konata? Close to none lol, though I wouldn't mind Kona winning.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-08-10, 15:45   Link #260
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
aye nagi set herself up to be the next shining star but like all shining stars their chances of winning are rather low (looking at what happened with the haruhi group last year...) ~ thats ofc unless the series is either RM or nanoha (a few characters should be in the semi's by defult XD)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread