AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-25, 18:40   Link #241
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Probably the Yotsuba familiy chose Miyuki as a heir, try to marry her with some guy from the 10 families and then Tatsuya says "hey fuck this shit" and start a little war between families. Now why I say this, you guys remember how tatsuya interacts with people? is like he's checking if every single of his "friends" is a good chess piece, all of them had their own powers and if you mix them you have a really powerfull combination.

Tatsuya is probaly building his own little army with his friends and stop all conspiration against his family and stop whatever is goes agains Miyuki, besides looks like is not only Tatsuya the one who's upset with the situation, same goes for Masaki, Minoru, Mayumi and Juumonji.

Well, this is like my idea about how things are going to develop in upcoming volumes and maybe we're going to see some parts of this on vol 16.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 19:36   Link #242
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
Probably the Yotsuba familiy chose Miyuki as a heir, try to marry her with some guy from the 10 families and then Tatsuya says "hey fuck this shit" and start a little war between families. Now why I say this, you guys remember how tatsuya interacts with people? is like he's checking if every single of his "friends" is a good chess piece, all of them had their own powers and if you mix them you have a really powerfull combination.

It's more like he will do nothing to intervene the marriage. If he considers the guy is good enough for his sister. Masaki as an example, he seems to have Onii-sama's agreement (lol).
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 20:25   Link #243
ProxyAccount

More likely that it's about whether Miyuki is happy with it. Otherwise, there might just be dust in the wind.

Remember, Miyuki didn't care because it was just dancing. At present, anyone other than Onii-sama doesn't have a chance of making her happy--more likely the opposite.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 21:04   Link #244
BalorView

He can't give her the D or reciprocate her feelings, so it's not like she will happily even if she stays with him, as we can see her sexual feeling has been growing more and more. Tatsuya wants his sister happy, just not her way of "happy"
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 21:23   Link #245
Blonddude42

This has gotten me wondering. If Miyuki is chosen as heir and is set up to marry someone how much does Tatsuya weigh what Miyuki wants versus what is in her best interests?

I'm mostly thinking of the scenario where the person she is to marry is someone Tatsuya and the Yotsuba clan find worthy of Miyuki but she tells Tatsuya that she has no desire to marry said person. Would Tatsuya put Miyuki's desire of not wanting to marry over her not angering the entire clan (which would be in her best interests).

Which do you guys think? I'm leaning more to the what Miyuki wants side.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 00:39   Link #246
Iramohs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
I think, we already came up with enough speculations, so most likely it would be under our speculation. Some of us were even thinking the possibility of Tatsuya being a hybrid between human and parasite or a parasite itself. I just hope not to see Tatsuya staying as an employee anymore. If he does not get invited by the family, it may be good time for him to leave Yotsuba. At least, he will do everything for Miyuki to become an heir and stop her from living with a false identity. From my perspective, the key issue in vol.16 would be whether Tatsuya would stay in Yotsuba or not when his sister gets chosen as a heir.
I can't see him not joining the Yotsuba officially. If Miyuki becomes heir she will be the public face of the Yotsuba, which means that Tatsuya's identity will be revealed as well. Having her brother as an employee would arouse suspicion.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 01:18   Link #247
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonddude42 View Post
This has gotten me wondering. If Miyuki is chosen as heir and is set up to marry someone how much does Tatsuya weigh what Miyuki wants versus what is in her best interests?

I'm mostly thinking of the scenario where the person she is to marry is someone Tatsuya and the Yotsuba clan find worthy of Miyuki but she tells Tatsuya that she has no desire to marry said person. Would Tatsuya put Miyuki's desire of not wanting to marry over her not angering the entire clan (which would be in her best interests).

Which do you guys think? I'm leaning more to the what Miyuki wants side.
I feel like we are not supposed to know this, it will be about one of the most sensible point of the LN when you think about it it's extremely odd that the author never written about Tatsuya's views regarding to this in 15 volumes, he is not against arranged marriages and thought that plenty of men would flock to Miyuki if he was not here and teases Masaki, he might see himself as an obstacle to the others and Miyuki's growth since she's too dependent on him, on the other hand, he would also not like his sister to be unhappy and doesn't know that she loves him and dislikes the other men, Miyuki is not as pure as he thinks and she does it on purpose.

Since he is a Guardian he can oppose Maya, I guess he might be able to help choosing the fiancé but why would he do this when Miyuki is only interested in him, something he ignores and he can't reciprocate her feelings anyway, I don't see him simplistic and radical enough to try to kill people for such a reason, especially since he has no real means to face the clan, if Maya told him this it means she thought about everything, she won't be the head immediately anyway so there's still time even if a fiancé is chosen but Miyuki needs to clear everything but if she does it will severely affect their relationship. I can see him being more conscious of his actions towards her, spoil her less and try to keep his distances with Miyuki for a moment to see what will happen, as the date comes closer he will deal with it according to the situation but not without preparations.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 01:18   Link #248
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Tatsuya cares for Miyuki, but he does not exist for Miyuki. He has other agendas that are not disclosed to audiences. He may be planning something for Miyuki's sake, but we have to wait until the author disclose them to us. However, based on vol.15, he will definitely do anything to make Miyuki as a heir in order to help his sister to live without false identity, but again, we do not know what will happen once she becomes a heir. Everything will be upto the author.

And, we do not know how Miyuki will react if she hears about Yotsuba's attempt on Tatsuya's life. Or, the rest of Yotsuba may want to kick Tatsuya out in exchange for choosing Miyuki as a heir because obviously everyone knows he is not loyal to Yotsuba, and by making Miyuki as a heir, Yotsuba already gains a leverage against Tatsuya. Based on Mitsugu's reaction, Tatsuya is being distrusted and hated; they will not wish to see Tatsuya walking around with "Yotsuba"'s name.

Anyway, we have only one week left. I am sure, Satou will give us something very interesting.

By the way, did you guys find any other spoilers for this volume?
Tatsuya does live for Miyuki,everything he has done so far has been for her sake,and that includes magics and CAD's he devised (or co-devised) so he can protect her better,training to be a badass combat magician to be her perfect bodyguard.His plan to make magicians more than human weapons is also is for her sake.

I doubt Maya will let the other Yotsuba families easily kick Tatsuya out of the family,and as of now,Tatsuya and Miyuki are the strongest Yotsuba combat magicians,unless we see stronger Yotsuba family members in volume 16.Cocytus,Mist Dispersion and Material Burst are the strongest magics from the Yotsuba we have seen so far,along with Maya's Night.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 03:22   Link #249
Armando99

There can't be any other Yotsuba magician other than Maya and the siblings that are more powerful. We would have known since the start of the story. After all, Maya was considered to be the most powerful at the beginning until the "confrontation" with Tatsuya.

I could understand the two unknown candidates coming out, but I believe they are also in the dark about Tatsuya's abilities. If they are also powerful, then there will be some interesting showdown.

It has been my belief all along that Miyuki is pretty much everything for Tatsuya. He has not done or displayed anything that would contradict this belief so far.

Last edited by Armando99; 2015-04-26 at 19:16. Reason: incomplete first sentence
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 03:40   Link #250
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
There can't be any other Yotsuba magician other than Maya and the siblings. We would have known since the start of the story. After all, Maya was considered to be the most powerful at the beginning until the "confrontation" with Tatsuya.

I could understand the two unknown candidates coming out, but I believe they are also in the dark about Tatsuya's abilities. If they are also powerful, then there will be some interesting showdown.

It has been my belief all along that Miyuki is pretty much everything for Tatsuya. He has not done or displayed anything that would contradict this belief so far.
The Yotsuba are all magicians, but those three are the strongest. They can be powerful but still below Miyuki.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 10:32   Link #251
aortax

I think the most logical choice Maya has is to wed tatsuya and Miyuki. The primary reason is Tatsuya will never betray the Yotsuba then ( Miyuki head , hes always next to her , easier to control , assures loyalty to future generations ( he healed miya primarily because miyuki would be said if she said ) . Then the strongest MI and special magics of the yotsuba in one kid is probably op. So the power of future successor is also good. It also keeps the Yotsuba power only to themselves. Then Miyuki always want to be with Tatsuya and this will please her. I think Maya knows Miyuki hatred for other males , so she isn't going to step on a landmine. It would make sense from what Maya said in the spoiler also. Miyuki is no longer your sister but your fiance. I don't think their kids will end up like Minorou though as Tatsuya will find a way ( all hail oni - sama ). Mayumi and Tatsuya together doesn't really help the Yotsuba that much as they already are > TMC. Even from a political stand point it will bring them more harm most likely. The two clans are the strongest so people who don't even feel in danger will rally up against them. The yotsuba can lie to the world and say they were never brothers and sisters but fiances and all ( not that they probably really care )
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 14:24   Link #252
jalamaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
I think the most logical choice Maya has is to wed tatsuya and Miyuki. The primary reason is Tatsuya will never betray the Yotsuba then ( Miyuki head , hes always next to her , easier to control , assures loyalty to future generations ( he healed miya primarily because miyuki would be said if she said ) . Then the strongest MI and special magics of the yotsuba in one kid is probably op. So the power of future successor is also good. It also keeps the Yotsuba power only to themselves. Then Miyuki always want to be with Tatsuya and this will please her. I think Maya knows Miyuki hatred for other males , so she isn't going to step on a landmine. It would make sense from what Maya said in the spoiler also. Miyuki is no longer your sister but your fiance. I don't think their kids will end up like Minorou though as Tatsuya will find a way ( all hail oni - sama ). Mayumi and Tatsuya together doesn't really help the Yotsuba that much as they already are > TMC. Even from a political stand point it will bring them more harm most likely. The two clans are the strongest so people who don't even feel in danger will rally up against them. The yotsuba can lie to the world and say they were never brothers and sisters but fiances and all ( not that they probably really care )
hahaha, the yotsubas went full targaryen
jalamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 15:21   Link #253
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalamaya View Post
It would also make sense because marriage in japan is primarily thought as a duty to make stronger children. From all logic in Mahouka this is what they should do. If they keep going on with the bs tatsuya is weak and all just say he is strategic class magician.
Old 2015-04-26, 18:14   Link #254
tigerdave

Quote:
It would also make sense because marriage in japan is primarily thought as a duty to make stronger children. From all logic in Mahouka this is what they should do. If they keep going on with the bs tatsuya is weak and all just say he is strategic class magician.
I'm not sure that the branch families would agree with this arrangement. They want nothing to do with Tatsuya, so involving him in family decisions would seem out of the question. Actually, I wonder how afraid of Tatsuya they really are. Maya seems to think Tatsuya could try to destroy the clan, but I don't know if the branch leaders are afraid to that degree. Mitsugu might agree with Maya, but he's the only one we know of who is that scared of Tatsuya. Hopefully we get the answer in this volume.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 18:44   Link #255
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
I'm not sure that the branch families would agree with this arrangement. They want nothing to do with Tatsuya, so involving him in family decisions would seem out of the question. Actually, I wonder how afraid of Tatsuya they really are. Maya seems to think Tatsuya could try to destroy the clan, but I don't know if the branch leaders are afraid to that degree. Mitsugu might agree with Maya, but he's the only one we know of who is that scared of Tatsuya. Hopefully we get the answer in this volume.

I really don't understand why they don't want to do anything with tatsuya. They had miya marry tatsourou who only has a psion count and nothing else. I just feel like the author has to explain this in this volume , or it is never being answered.
Old 2015-04-26, 19:17   Link #256
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
The Yotsuba are all magicians, but those three are the strongest. They can be powerful but still below Miyuki.
I just corrected my post. That is what I meant to say originally. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 2015-04-26, 19:20   Link #257
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalamaya View Post
Who are the targaryen
Old 2015-04-26, 20:12   Link #258
Jedsada

Quote:
Who are the targaryen
here, from Game of Throne series and novel A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Targaryen

House Targaryen follow the Valyrian practice of incestuous marriage, wedding brother to sister, cousin to cousin, uncle to niece and aunt to nephew, holding themselves apart from and above the noble Westerosi families.
Jedsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 20:26   Link #259
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsada View Post
here, from Game of Throne series and novel A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Targaryen

House Targaryen follow the Valyrian practice of incestuous marriage, wedding brother to sister, cousin to cousin, uncle to niece and aunt to nephew, holding themselves apart from and above the noble Westerosi families.

Oh ok. I have never watched Game of thrones so I didn't understand the reference.
Old 2015-04-26, 22:10   Link #260
Armando99

Quote:
Oh ok. I have never watched Game of thrones so I didn't understand the reference.
It has been a common practice among royalty and high noble houses in the not too distant past around the world.

It was their way of maintaining the status and power in their own blood line.

I'm sure it happen in the past, in the real Japan as well.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy