AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-13, 09:22   Link #241
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
By this point I'm looking forward to Souma taking Roroa as a princess consort, thereby uniting the two countries together.

As for Carmine and Vargas, I don't want them to die, and they probably won't, so it would be interesting to see what their punishment will be.
I love how the princess got out of there right before her castle got invaded .
Old 2021-09-13, 14:19   Link #242
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So.., who picked up the official translation of the Manga? Pretty sure someone must have.

Quote:
By this point I'm looking forward to Souma taking Roroa as a princess consort, thereby uniting the two countries together.

As for Carmine and Vargas, I don't want them to die, and they probably won't, so it would be interesting to see what their punishment will be.

The one he should marry is Carla. Because Dragons.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-09-13 at 17:53.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 21:33   Link #243
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The one he should marry is Carla. Because Dragons.
They've already put the "limit" of harem members at 8, there's plenty of room for every female character shown so far
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 22:45   Link #244
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wait, does the previous king have concubines? If not, I respect his loyalty to his (admittedly gorgeous) wife.
Old 2021-09-13, 23:46   Link #245
Lex79

Liscia's father is monogamous, no concubines.
Old 2021-09-14, 00:28   Link #246
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

They mentioned this in episode 5, the "date" episode when they went out for a break and had that talk with Souma about polygamy. King Albert was the one who married into the royal family. The queen Elisha was the daughter of the previous king and the actual successor. So it would be disrespectful for Albert to have more wives.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-14, 02:23   Link #247
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
They mentioned this in episode 5, the "date" episode when they went out for a break and had that talk with Souma about polygamy. King Albert was the one who married into the royal family. The queen Elisha was the daughter of the previous king and the actual successor. So it would be disrespectful for Albert to have more wives.
Oh yeah. It was the other way around, right? My respect is for the monogamous Elisha then considering she could've had more hot husbandos .
Old 2021-09-14, 02:44   Link #248
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh yeah. It was the other way around, right? My respect is for the monogamous Elisha then considering she could've had more hot husbandos .
A man having multiple wives and a woman having multiple husbands isn't really the same thing.

A king having multiple wives potentially increases the number of children and establishes more blood ties with other countries. A queen having multiple husbands doesn't increase the number of children and muddies the water in regards to blood ties.

Well considering how the former king and kingdom was, he probably wouldn't have been able to establish any useful marriages anyway.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-14, 03:06   Link #249
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
A man having multiple wives and a woman having multiple husbands isn't really the same thing.
Responsibilities & politics aside, the "fun" aspect is pretty much the same. Thus, I have some respect for people who chose monogamous life when they have the privilege & resources to do polygamy.
Old 2021-09-14, 03:13   Link #250
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Responsibilities & politics aside, the "fun" aspect is pretty much the same. Thus, I have some respect for people who chose monogamous life when they have the privilege & resources to do polygamy.
He didn't choose. Liscia outright says that her father has no room to upset her mother

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-09-14, 03:38   Link #251
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
He didn't choose. Liscia outright says that her father has no room to upset her mother
Read my recent previous comment to belatkuro above. I have placed my respect for the queen.

Like Juna said in episode 5 "It is possible for a woman to have multiple husbands" but the queen chose the monogamous route when she could've done polygamy just for the fun aspect.
Old 2021-09-14, 04:59   Link #252
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
I don't see why it would deserve respect.

Perhaps she decided to stay monogamous because she was happier being monogamous?

It's like respecting someone who eats salad every day when that person actually just really likes eating salad.
Old 2021-09-14, 06:56   Link #253
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I don't see why it would deserve respect.

Perhaps she decided to stay monogamous because she was happier being monogamous?

It's like respecting someone who eats salad every day when that person actually just really likes eating salad.
I mean, we must have different values then.

For me, faithfulness/fidelity to your husband/wife deserve some degree of respect considering how many people are caught cheating or have more than one legal sex-partners at the same time throughout our history. It's not the same as "eating salad" coz faithfulness is also acted for your partner's sake, not just yourself. It's just like respecting kids/teenagers who study properly in middle/highschools and not wasting their parents' hard-earned money even when temptations are plenty. Nice attitude deserves credit IMO.

Btw, why are we debating such trivial matter as respecting people's good acts & conducts anyway?
Old 2021-09-14, 10:03   Link #254
Frontier

To be honest I keep forgetting Souma has the potential for a Harem on this show .
Old 2021-09-14, 12:54   Link #255
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
They've already put the "limit" of harem members at 8, there's plenty of room for every female character shown so far
TbH I'm not even sure if they are physically compatible. I mean, probably sharp scales on the tail, horns in a really bad position, Talons on her wings.

Frankly, everything but dragon girl on top screams accidental death. - And that assumes that she can keep the tail in a place where it won't accidentally crush something

Not to mention that she is probably also a lot heavier than a human girl of the same size , because dons of additional bones.

Quote:
I mean, we must have different values then.

For me, faithfulness/fidelity to your husband/wife deserve some degree of respect considering how many people are caught cheating or have more than one legal sex-partners at the same time throughout our history. It's not the same as "eating salad" coz faithfulness is also acted for your partner's sake, not just yourself. It's just like respecting kids/teenagers who study properly in middle/highschools and not wasting their parents' hard-earned money even when temptations are plenty. Nice attitude deserves credit IMO.

Btw, why are we debating such trivial matter as respecting people's good acts & conducts anyway?
Yuna said it was rare though, indicating that it was rare even for nobles. Which is completely understandable as it would be nigh impossible to know whose child a woman would bear.

I'm also confident that polygamy is generally more rare than what they made it sound.
It's probably more of a thing for people who can actually afford it, which would only be a fraction of a Kingdom's populace.

So yeah it's more shame on Kazuya, than it is hurray Elisha.

Old 2021-09-14, 16:13   Link #256
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I have no problem with harems, but I have to agree that I find one-on-one relationships more compelling. There’s a greater sense of devotion in a man who can and does turn down any woman that wants to be his mistress or second wife because there’s only one woman for him. Not to mention it’s a bit easier to make the love interest compelling when there’s just one. Making a good romance means making two characters that fit perfectly together. All the spots that should match match; where he sticks out she sticks in (no I’m not talking sex here, just complementary characteristics). Making it so he fits many girls can be hard without taking a lot pout of both sides. The guy can end up with little but the most generic good guy qualities that anyone can buy being somewhat attractive, while the girls either have a ton in common or end up like pieces of the whole, replacing one multifaceted girl whose entire character works well with his with five much simpler girls who each have one or two characteristics that fit well with him and nothing more. Again I like harems, and when they’re done well they can be fun. But there’s a higher risk of weak characters and even when does me well I just feel more love in monogamy.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-14, 18:25   Link #257
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I have no problem with harems, but I have to agree that I find one-on-one relationships more compelling. There’s a greater sense of devotion in a man who can and does turn down any woman that wants to be his mistress or second wife because there’s only one woman for him. Not to mention it’s a bit easier to make the love interest compelling when there’s just one. Making a good romance means making two characters that fit perfectly together. All the spots that should match match; where he sticks out she sticks in (no I’m not talking sex here, just complementary characteristics). Making it so he fits many girls can be hard without taking a lot pout of both sides. The guy can end up with little but the most generic good guy qualities that anyone can buy being somewhat attractive, while the girls either have a ton in common or end up like pieces of the whole, replacing one multifaceted girl whose entire character works well with his with five much simpler girls who each have one or two characteristics that fit well with him and nothing more. Again I like harems, and when they’re done well they can be fun. But there’s a higher risk of weak characters and even when does me well I just feel more love in monogamy.
It's all in the execution. I like Juna and Aisha but it seems like the main relationship focus has been on Souma and Liscia.
Old 2021-09-14, 21:35   Link #258
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yuna said it was rare though, indicating that it was rare even for nobles. Which is completely understandable as it would be nigh impossible to know whose child a woman would bear.

I'm also confident that polygamy is generally more rare than what they made it sound.
It's probably more of a thing for people who can actually afford it, which would only be a fraction of a Kingdom's populace.

So yeah it's more shame on Kazuya, than it is hurray Elisha.
The bolded lines are exactly why I have some respect for Elisha nonetheless. She can still have Albert as main husband and the father of her child(ren) while treating her other husbands (who don't need to be nobles) as her fun boy-toys and applying contraceptive measures to them. No one's gonna say no if she wants to do it. But she didn't, and stayed monogamous with Albert. Again, nice attitude deserve credits in my eyes. Feel free to disagree.
Old 2021-09-14, 22:03   Link #259
Frontier

Too bad she never gave Liscia a little sister...although I guess she has Tomoe for that .
Old 2021-09-15, 06:01   Link #260
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's all in the execution. I like Juna and Aisha but it seems like the main relationship focus has been on Souma and Liscia.
So you know, I don't really mind girls being added to an anime harem with thin pretences. However, in the case of Juna and Aisha they skipped the entire "fall in love" part and just assumed to be in the harem from the very beginning.

Ignoring the lack of romance, there is a lack of feeling that they are simply excited to be together.

I read the LNs and it's pretty much the same there.

It's kind of a waste. Juna especially since at least Aisha is always around the MC.