AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2016-07-24, 22:31   Link #241
Budweineken
Crap

Best plot twist ever, Marika goes through time and a parallel universe to make a cameo appearance. Awesome!

Old 2016-07-24, 22:41   Link #242
moodie

Ok so after letting my anti ufotable bias settle I decided to watch this. Wow this is good. For me this makes me forgive them for ubw and god eater. I am now interested in this franchise. Still wont play the game though I hate video games. But good job ufotable. Really out did urselves.

Last edited by moodie; 2016-07-24 at 22:55.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 23:18   Link #243
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to let everyone know that I created a new thread just for comparisons between the anime and the game.

Tales of Zestiria the Cross - Weekly Episode-to-Game Comparison.

Please use the linked thread to discuss any comparisons you'd like, but keep them out of this thread. This can also include speculation about future content based on the game. This thread should avoid all potential spoilers.
Old 2016-07-24, 23:51   Link #244
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Not that I can see. Velvet attacks the ground and Sorey attacks at front. We don't really see them attacking each other. For all we know these are shots from two totally different scenes.
It actually looks entirely to me too like Sorey and Valvet are fighting in the OP. Though I always assumed there was a reason for that other than Velvet being an antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Liked the episode. Interesting how they're expanding Lunarre's role so much. Now he's more than just a random annoyance with no meaning.

And for the record, he was so insignificant in the game I had to go look his name up.
I made a reply to this but I put it in the new comparison thread Relentless made. Link here.
Old 2016-07-24, 23:57   Link #245
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It actually looks entirely to me too like Sorey and Valvet are fighting in the OP.
Then watch it again. When Velvet attacks, do you really see Sorey receiving the attack? No you don't. Same when Sorey attacks. You don't see Velvet at all in that shot.
Old 2016-07-25, 00:03   Link #246
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Then watch it again. When Velvet attacks, do you really see Sorey receiving the attack? No you don't. Same when Sorey attacks. You don't see Velvet at all in that shot.
I see Sorey combat-posing and sending out some kind of energy wave, Velvet passing through that energy wave before striking with her claw at Sorey, and then the screen is blocked out by wind/shock waves/etc.

And I just watched it again for your sake.
Old 2016-07-25, 00:05   Link #247
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Liked the episode. Interesting how they're expanding Lunarre's role so much. Now he's more than just a random annoyance with no meaning.

And for the record, he was so insignificant in the game I had to go look his name up.
I wonder if we will ever see his true human form in the anime, as I cannot recalling them showing it in the game. Remember that the fox-like appearence is his corrupted form, that appears only to sensitive people, like Sorey and seraphim. All the other people see him as a human.
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 00:06   Link #248
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I see Sorey combat-posing and sending out some kind of energy wave, Velvet passing through that energy wave before striking with her claw at Sorey, and then the screen is blocked out by wind/shock waves/etc.
You don't see that at all. Velvet attacks. She doesn't go trough any energy wave, and you don't see Sorey receiving her attack. There's just the ground. Watch it frame by frame if you don't believe me.

You're filling in the gaps with you imagination.
Old 2016-07-25, 00:09   Link #249
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

That was beautiful and I love it. Sorey's new form looks very nice. I like.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 00:37   Link #250
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
You don't see that at all. Velvet attacks. She doesn't go trough any energy wave, and you don't see Sorey receiving her attack. There's just the ground. Watch it frame by frame if you don't believe me.

Velvet clearly goes right through a wave of white energy between 1:13-1:14 of the OP as seen on the YouTube upload submitted by KanekiSenpai (pointing this video out as a point of reference, not saying this upload is the tell-all-be-all version or any different from any other version, just so you don't misinterpret) as she drops down before pulling out her claw. Pause it right at 1:14 and it's there on the screen clear as day. You don't even need frame by frame to see it.

And maybe you could refrain from being insulting like saying it's just my imagination? I prefer we at least try and stay at least relatively civilized instead of just writing off what someone says that you don't agree with so disrepsectfully. If we're getting to the disrespectful stage I guess I'll just back down since this isn't worth that. -_-
Old 2016-07-25, 00:48   Link #251
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:

um, i don't know why you're being so argumentative, but the way it looks like for me and shinji is:
1)Sorey looking upwards, pulling out his sword and releasing light blue energy
2)shot cuts to velvet who's attacking from above, passing through some of the same light blue energy coming from the same direction where sorey would be on the ground
3)velvet's attack connects, but it does not actually hit the ground and stops a few feet above it, because it connected with sorey, who we can't actually see because of the dust and debris covering his silhouette.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 00:49   Link #252
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Velvet clearly goes right through a wave of white energy between 1:13-1:14 of the OP as seen on the YouTube upload submitted by KanekiSenpai (pointing this video out as a point of reference, not saying this upload is the tell-all-be-all version or any different from any other version, just so you don't misinterpret) as she drops down before pulling out her claw. Pause it right at 1:14 and it's there on the screen clear as day. You don't even need frame by frame to see it.

And maybe you could refrain from being insulting like saying it's just my imagination? I prefer we at least try and stay at least relatively civilized instead of just writing off what someone says that you don't agree with so disrepsectfully. If we're getting to the disrespectful stage I guess I'll just back down since this isn't worth that. -_-
I didn't mean to insult. But the fact is you can't see Sorey receiving her attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
3)velvet's attack connects, but it does not actually hit the ground and stops a few feet above it, because it connected with sorey, who we can't actually see because of the dust and debris covering his silhouette.
That's your assumption. You can't see Sorey in that shot. You can blame the dust if you want, but the point is they made the shot deliberately ambiguous so there isn't any solid proof they're fighting each other.
Old 2016-07-25, 01:16   Link #253
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
I didn't mean to insult. But the fact is you can't see Sorey receiving her attack.

That's your assumption. You can't see Sorey in that shot. You can blame the dust if you want, but the point is they made the shot deliberately ambiguous.
ok fine, we'll agree to disagree on that matter then. i have no idea why you had be so argumentative about this. seriously, if someone has a different opionion from yours, that doesn't mean they're stupid or wrong just because they see things differently. This isn't 4chan, there's no need nor reason to be disrespectful to someone just because they had a different viewpoint.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 01:20   Link #254
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
if someone has a different opionion from yours, that doesn't mean they're stupid or wrong just because they see things differently.
When did I say anything like that?

But yeah, let's stop the discussion here. It's clear this is going nowhere anyway.
Old 2016-07-25, 04:09   Link #255
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Episode 3
Still don't get why they mix poor cgi backgrounds with beautiful 2d backgrounds. Makes it all the more jarring. I understand using cgi backgrounds in fights with dynamic camera, but Ufo is using it for random shots that don't require it.

Story-wise nothing special. Heroic Chaste Good Guy Orphan MC is the Savior. He even fights a dragon!...

Fight wise, we again get lots of special effects thrown in the face, although the fight itself is better choreographed than the sped-up firework mess in the previous episode.

Zestiria remains a kind of popcorn fantasy show that is okay to pass time with but does not exactly do anything new or different in either it's animation or narrative. With how overall empty this season is of good shows, this will have to do I guess.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 05:24   Link #256
Ultragunner

eyegasm FTW

oh and have I mentioned how hawt Lailah is?
Old 2016-07-25, 07:46   Link #257
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Hmm, they changed things a bit from the OVA released earlier, like the guy wasn't eaten this time. Minor details.

Really like Sorey's Lady of the Lake outfit. It even comes equipped with a long ponytail.

I can guess who the two assassins are, pretty obvious. They're also not bright to have believed that guy's words were justifiable enough to assassinate Alysia. But that Princess, despite her stereotypical appearance and demeanor, is quite a skilled fighter! But her Sensei lady was stupid and not loyal enough to fight for her.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 11:21   Link #258
Alf

In a season of many good shows(like 91Days, planetarian, orange, Amaama, etc.), Zestiria is still doing very good among them by being very solid.

It really goes into the motivation of its characters to make the storytelling satisfying. Sorey might be the generic RPG MC with generic settings, but it's being shown that he can think for himself and have deep root in his motivation to his actions.

In a time that templates are frequently treated as templates only, the writer of this anime really understand that fleshing out the template makes characters both good and working. It's more interesting to see the good old cheerful MC with a thought and true root of personality, than a anti-hero type MC with only their symbolic quirks to be identified. Especially it's more common to see anti-hero type these days. I'm looking forward to join the advanture of the very likable Sorey.

There are also many details that describes the world around them, and by these details we got a picture of how bad is the situation around Alishia. With all the negative emotions flowing around and the attitudes of the people around her, it's probably on the edge of civil war. As evident by her assasination.

Just pulling the sword in this episode actually got me a little worried for the pacing later, as the direction of the upcoming adventure isn't quite clear yet. And there's the crossing with TOB that may occupy some more sceen time. But so far the pacing is just right for enjoyment.

And I must say, Lailah is both gorgeous and cute.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 13:04   Link #259
DemonneoPT

That Sorey's transformation... the goosebumps were real! Plus, Layla is such an eye candy! I thought she would be an independent fighter because of the Opening but it looks like she will just turn into a sword to be used by Sorey? I hope she can also fight by her own. It would be a waste not using Ufotable OP animation to animate Layla's fighting skills
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 14:49   Link #260
SidVicious
Anime addict

I miss Miyu Matsuki ...