AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 38 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 14:37   Link #241
rg4619

Quote:
Since she knows it is what he wants, she can't help but make a deal, so it would at least be possible to help Sekai.
How is it selfish, when it isn't something she wants? She even cried for this, as a plea for Sekai.
It's what she actually wants though (or rather, she wants and doesn't want it).

The deal was mostly justification for Setsuna to do what she wanted to do (sex with Makoto). She completely succumbed to Makoto's advances right when he kissed her and pushed her down.

I'm sure that Setsuna genuinely wants to protect Sekai and that she feels guilty about the whole situation (hence the pleading once she gave in to her desires), but she's as conflicted as anyone else. At that moment, her actions weren't remotely altruistic.

Nonetheless, I agree that there's no real malice behind her intentions. Only weakness.
Old 2007-09-06, 14:42   Link #242
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

Send a message via MSN to Baka-neko
Somehow this ep really hit me. So looking forward to last two.

This ep started to make the anime more thrilling and I'm already open for the infamous bloody ending!
Old 2007-09-06, 14:53   Link #243
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perishthethought View Post
Here we go! The rape issue is the counterpoint to Motoko's action because of the fact that he has no desired compulsion to sleep with one particular girl, and sleeps with many instead. Do we think of him any less for this? Yes, we do. Taisuke does something infinitely more despicable BUT Motoko's actions are still eminently distasteful. Taisuke's rape exists to put into context Motoko's actions. As much as we are supposed to dislike Motoko for ALWAYS getting his end away, he's not a rapist, and always has consent. As bad as Motoko is, he's not Taisuke - he's not THAT bad. Taisuke is the counterpoint to the (intended) attempts to foster a compulsion to dislike Motoko. I can't see how you wouldn't understand the connection between the two - it's essentially the reason for its inclusion.
I don't know what you are arguing here - if it is the fact that Taisuke is worth than Makoto, it is a conclusion we have achieved ever since the previous episode. As for the reasons why Taisuke exists here in the first place i highly doubt it has anything to do with providing a 'counterpoint' for Makoto. It has more to do with Kotonoha and her situation, but seeing the anima is making one big mess of the storyline it is not so clear.

Quote:
Furthermore, what does the point about 'third perspective' mean? This is the medium of presentation. Does that mean we cannot judge? Cannot form opinions? These are not characters to be sympathised with!
Third perspective means you are judging these characters with all the knowledge available to the outside observer and saying they should/shouldn't act this and that based on all the information you have. Thing is - the characters themselves are not so clear about what is going on. They do not poses the information we have, nor the overall perspective on the bigger picture, and as such can not act as if they would know everything, because they don't. Whether the characters are likable or not does not matter in this case. You can judge based on third perspective all you want, but it is not reasonable to ask for the characters to do the same, because they only have the first perspective available.

Quote:
Is this not enjoying the vicarious pleasure of Mokoto's lust for Kotonoha? By attempting to get him to perform as though she was Kotonoha, she's engineered a situation in which she can associate herself with Mokoto's feelings for Kotonoha. The inevitable association of Mokoto's feelings for Kotonoha being transferred to Sekai is very, very suspect, and something she obviously had in mind - PARTICULARLY as we know she transferred to sit beside Motoko as was revealed in this last episode. She's got her eye on him, and her efforts to cheer him on, and associate herself with him, are attempts to get close. The 'practice session' is just extension of this behaviour. Are we forgetting her completely inappopriate kiss? Sekai is not 'helping' Motoko for purely altruistic reasons - she's living the relationship vicariously. I think you're crediting her with far too much naivity. Do you honestly think she only wants to help?!
Her actions and motivations are certainly questionable and her reasons for her initially wanting to help Makoto can indeed be linked to her desire to be closer to him. But i don't find it believable she was planning anything at all with her 'practice'. It simply turned out the way it did, and i don't think she had any of it planned. Her wish to help Katsura and Makoto get together was genuine, i don't think this can even be argued. Kotonoha was about to 'dump' Makoto earlier, and it was only because of Sekai playing the super glue she want back to him - if Sekai would not have done anything their relationship would have ended at ep3 - 4, and she would have Makoto all for herself. I think You are crediting her with far too much scheming and intentional backstabbing.

Quote:
When someone is harping on about the consequences of upsetting Sekai, about her weakness, and then ends up sleeping with her boyfriend, I think that gives us license to believe that it is essentially self-assurance. For Kiyora's part, she feels like she's done enough to warn Motoko about upsetting Sekai, so she's absolved herself of guilt. Utterly selfish behaviour. You don't protect your friends by sleeping with their boyfriends. You've been taken in by the grandstanding, steely gazes, 'quiet but determined' diction and the self-aggrandising 'I'm my own person' rhetoric. She's anything but. She gets out of Motoko a hollow promise about breaking up with 'that other girl' by offering herself to him 'to protect Sekai'. It's the most shallow of pretenses! Have you even watched the episode?!
I don't think you get what Setsuna is about at all. Have you actually watched the scene? Did you notice she was crying when she made the 'offer' to Makoto ? She wasn't blushing, she wasn't smiling, she wasn't happy - she was crying. She is a person who puts her friends before her. You seem to be unwilling to analyze her character and the circumstance, and while such a step can be generally seen as cheating, labeling this scene as just that is taking things out of context.

That is besides the point we have no proof anything actually happened. Makoto looked like he actually had some realization hit him after Setsuna's crying. For what it is worth, she actually made Makoto think about something and reflect upon it. Yes, she is the only person Makoto is actually willing to listen to and has some respect towards to. She didn't go there with intentions to do anything with Makoto. The fact he seemed to want some action made her to make the decision of using this as a bargain chip. While i find it impossible to imagine she would offer such a solution to any other male, her actions are anything but selfish. Try and look at it beyond the surface level.

Quote:
Hikari wants to get involved with an unabashed pervert whose depth of feeling for women can be measured in the strength of his erection. Somebody who chooses to involve themselves with someone who has displayed themselves on countless occasions to be obsessed with nothing other than physicality has a complete lack of self worth. She might really like him for some reason, but she's selling herself out to be with him. He has absolutely no feeling for her (comically, he doesn't even seem particularly attracted to her, when he is attracted to pretty much any other girl, in any shape or size). Also, I can claim someone should do whatever they please. Whether they do it or not is up to them. For example, I think you should be watching the anime a little more closely and not attempt to defend and excuse the flaws of each of the characters. These are not 'good' people by anyone's standards.
I largely disagree. So, simply because a guy shows no interest in her, she should give up? "Selling herself out" ? I fail to see how such a statement can be applied in this case at all. She has yet to do anything wrong and she has yet to lose her fight, but you are blowing her supposed 'faults' out of proportion for no apparent reason and making unwarranted severe claims about her that don't have real ground to base on.

Quote:
but for the anime to MEAN anything there needs to be a suitably disastrous conclusion for all involved. Arseholes like Motoko frequently get away with playing with women's emotions, but never on such a scale or with such frequency.
I think 'playing' is a too strong of a word for Makoto. I doubt he lacked the mental capability to understand what he was doing and the damage he was causing. Playing implies he knew what he was doing, yet i doubt he had any realization of it. Things might be a bit different after the happening with Setsuna in this ep though, as he seems to have realized something. I agree he still needs to burn though

Quote:
Each of the girls, for their flaws, have involved themselves with Motoko as a result of their undesirable character traits. ANYONE who gets involved with Motoko is an idiot, yet each of them do because they cannot help themselves. There's no self control, there's no measured understanding of the situation. They're hormone ravaged teens, but does that excuse them of anything? No, absolutely not. It certainly does not excuse Motoko for sexing so many women at once, and it does not excuse them for all willingly going along with it. Nobody is flawless. But nobody is blameless, either.
Makoto must burn, that we agree on. However, you are faulting the girls for not having all the information a godlike third person observer (us) have. They do not know the full extent of Makoto's idiocy and indifference. They can not have a measured control, simply because they do not have a measured grasp on the situation. Sekai found out, and she looks about to take action. Setsuna found out, and took action as well. (Though i know you are going to question her actions). Kotonoha is in her delusional state, but at this point i don't consider her mentally stable. Otome is a royal bitch more or less though.

But all that doesn't change the fact they are not idiots for trying to win Makoto. Why? Because they love him. Simple as that. While the merchandise is clearly a rotten product to us, to them it is exactly what they want (And they are not aware of the full extent of the flaws anyway).. In the end, one is going to win, so there is no wrong in fighting for their love. (Considering Makoto has yet to made up his mind enough to actually settle on one of them). Their actions certainly warrant a few curses from us and they definitely are not blameless and flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but saying they are stupid to chase Makoto from their perspective is stretching it imo.
Old 2007-09-06, 15:23   Link #244
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
a part of my soul just died 40 secs into the start of this ep...how much more can a girl take before she completely breaks? this should be a turning point for kotonoha (dear god i feel so sorry for her ) and who disagrees needs to burn *dont take that last point seriously*
but even though i feel sorry for her i think that she is really stupid to forgive him after such a simple apology ~ he should have said "im sorry i didnt bed you last night" as it was what he was implying imo

"two timing" such words smashed the gong straight on ~ and at last makoto admits to having no feelings for kotonoha anymore but still he wont officially break up with her (sorry ran out of insults for the time being )
kotonoha is still in her own little world ~ those bullies have just stepped over the line as well geez...

great logic coming from makoto as well...he didnt go to the dance therefore he has broken up with kotonoha ~ too bad not everyone is as simple minded as he is geez...setsuna really wants him to look after sekai but the jerk doesnt seem to want to take the responsibility and still being thick about why taisuke has been saying that kotonoha is still his boyfriend im just totally lost for all words...

finally makoto opens his big mouth and tells kotonoha straight ~ this is where makoto gets one plus point where kotonoha begins to show cracks in her "perfection" image *dreads* ~ i mean remaining in denial (though understandable because she has been in that mental state for quite some time alread) but blackmail...hoho kotonoha grew a spine! but setsuna has a bigger spine it seems hahahaha this is soo fcked up XD but i guess this type of situation can happen irl (though somewhat 100million to 1 couples XD)

makoto x otome ~ what can i say? the girl is a slut (and i bet someone will argue about that )

moving on ~ seeing kotonoha with sharp objects near her really gives me the shivers XD

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

right the end of this ep is just...where o where is my club!!

1) makoto taking advantage of setsuna

2) the camera lawlz...low blow...really really low for sekai XD i duno if i should be happy or sad for her but one thing i know is...she had it coming

3) kotonoha and her "lifeless eyes" (need moar blood!!!)

the series wins seriously...ill be voting 1 for painful factor but that is because the heart pains just wont stop...somehow i still feel joy seeing how screwed up everything is getting and well this is an anti love story for me where i feel that its for the best if the male lead just dies instead of getting the girl ^__^

but really thoughts i give this ep a 10/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-06, 16:00   Link #245
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
I think 'playing' is a too strong of a word for Makoto. I doubt he lacked the mental capability to understand what he was doing and the damage he was causing. Playing implies he knew what he was doing, yet i doubt he had any realization of it. Things might be a bit different after the happening with Setsuna in this ep though, as he seems to have realized something. I agree he still needs to burn though
Are you so sure about this? At least he's wanted to keep his cheating hidden, not to mention how he sweet talked Otome and even Setsuna in the last episode. I don't really know if I'd say he's that stupid or innocent anymore. I'd love to think so, but I'm really, really beginning to doubt this. Of course, since he's still doing harm either way, it's not that relevant, I guess.

I agree this anime needs a bad ending for the reasons Perishthethought said. I dunno if it needs a bloodbath (though I can't say I'd mind having one, considering how unlikable I believe the entirety of the cast is, but that's up to each one of us), but I can't see one happening, and I'd probably find it a bit too distasteful and gory.

But there's no way Makoto should be just forgiven by the girls and then he lived happily after ever with Sekai, after talking Kotonoha out of her rage when she was finally going to stick a knife through someone. I dunno what the moral of an ending like that would be..."screw up as much as you want, as long as you say one or two things by the end, everyone will be happy after ever"?

No, that'd be wrong. There needs to be some sort of tragedy, whether it's solely emotional or it gets to a physical level in the shape of the death of at least one of the characters. Perhaps it should be one of the girls who should die, sadly but probably Kotonoha, in order to give Makoto some retrospect into what the insufferable moron has done. Makoto dying would be poetic justice, but him breaking down to never recover due to the consequences of his own acations would be a more appropiate conclusion...since her death would be nowhere as meaningful nor he'd get enough punishment for what he's done if he simply "learns" from it.
Old 2007-09-06, 16:10   Link #246
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ What i mean is i think he lacks the ability to understand he is causing a lot of pain to someone. Yes, he is an utter jerk for dragging things out and intentionally avoiding a proper resolution with Kotonoha for so long, because he simply avoids dealing with trouble ... he realizes his actions are not that decent, but what he fails to realize is the degree of suffering he is causing. Never did i claim that ignorance should be a reason to dismiss his fault at any way, i simply doubt he himself realizes the toll his actions are leaving on some of the characters. This doesn't dismiss him of any responsibility
Old 2007-09-06, 16:10   Link #247
Perishthethought

My thoughtless remarks were memorialised in an earlier post, despite my edit and subsequent apology. Again, I apologise for the offense! But regarding the point about third person perspective - there are plenty of occasions where the girls are aware that Motoko is otherwise engaged. Sekai re: Kotonoha, Setsuna re: Sekai etc. Isn't Otome aware as well? While he may placate them in the short term, surely the prudent course of action for the girls would be to wait until they know for sure Motoko is detached? Both Sekai and Motoko have plenty of opportunities to reveal their infidelity to Kotonoha, for example, but simply do not. When it does become clear to Kotonoha (the scene outside Motoko's flat), it's far too late, the damage has been done. My judgement in these situations is not with the benefit of hindsight etc - I simply think it is wrong of them and very poorly thought through for them to acquiesce to Motoko even if they don't have access to a full and accurate picture. It's the fact that they give it up so easily despite this.

About Setsuna, I have real difficulty accepting that anybody would allow themselves to be used a physical bargaining chip for their friend's wellbeing. This isn't like swapping a school lunch. Desperate? Yes, most definitely. Would it possibly have some sort of benefit for Setsuna in the long run? Well, that's doubtful. Encouraging Motoko to sleep with her is at best a band-aid solution, and that's even if we discount the fact that she IS getting something out of it, too. Even if they don't sleep together (and for what it's worth, having rewatched that scene, I don't think they do), the mere suggestion of the act - by Setsuna (even though it was Motoko who manhandles her to the bed) is tantamount to a betrayal. She's leaving anyway, so how could she ever know that Motoko would make good on his promise? Furthermore, having had her eyes opened to Motoko's true behaviour (i.e. he just wants sex), wouldn't a good friend warn Sekai to stay away? Essentially, it's something she doesn't have to think about as she's done 'her bit' for Sekai and got herself a piece of Motoko in the bargain, a nice memory.

I stand by my accusation that the girls are very, very misguided - even if we make allowances for what they 'know' about Motoko and the situation. Sekai shouldn't have got involved with him oweing to the fact that she knew he was pursuing Kotonoha, despite diverting his attention to her, and never broke it off. For me, that makes her an idiot. An idiot in love? Yeah. Setsuna should have steered well clear, even if her attempt is to get Motoko to be faithful - meddling and offering herself as a physical sacrifice is never going to help. To me, that makes her an idiot. Kotonoha is in a dream world, ignorant to reality and on the verge of a breakdown - she needs perspective and a good psychiatrist (although you can hardly blame her for that, which is why I mentioned I felt sorry for her in my original post, as she's taken the lion's share of the punishment in this anime). Otome isn't ignorant of Motoko's conquests, either. Their liasons are under the blanket of secrecy. She doesn't even know if Motoko will ever come clean. To carry on in such a way, to me, makes her an idiot. Hikari's pursuit of a perverted moron like Taisuke, who has demonstrated his perversion to her on many an occasion (like the pool party), makes her an idiot - I'm fully aware of the fact that she doesn't know he's capable of rape. Even without the rape in the picture he's a class 1 moron.

Regarding Motoko's playing, yes, I agree I don't think he's fully aware of it, but that is inevitably what he's doing (playing with them). There's literally no excuse for him to get involved with Otome, for example, or Setsuna. Both of these occasions are merely him getting his leg over, nothing more, nothing less. To do so without ANY consideration of the consequence seems to be his MO, but even so... The frequent shots of his tissue filled bin and magazines under the bed are to lead us to believe he has a high libido (even for a man of his age) and that his lustful antics are merely clumsy attempts to get his end away. Still, he's a moron because he isn't tempering his actions with the sort of humility we know he is capable of and has demonstrated on a few occasions in the past (re: Setsuna's pep-talk). I can't quite grasp the fact that he is capable of sensitivity on one occasion and then such thoughtless cruelty in the other - which makes me feel as though he is somewhat reticent of his actions. I actually started out sympathising with him somewhat when he starts dating Kotonoha and she's being unusually frigid - they both went into the relationship with radically different expectations and as a result Motoko admits it's 'tiring' and too much work for him. All Motoko ever wants is to just get his end away and 'have fun'. That each of his conquests has some emotional significance attached, for the women, is perhaps just ignorance on his part - but he's not pathological, so where does the distinction lie?

Again, I apologise for the tasteless joke. It was thoughtless and rude of me.
Old 2007-09-06, 16:37   Link #248
ArcadiaZero

ZOMG!!!!!!

THE GREAT WALL OF TEXT!!!!!!!

cant wait till ep11!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-09-06, 17:45   Link #249
StrawberryKitten
It's Misuzu.

Spoiler for my pov:
Old 2007-09-06, 18:58   Link #250
BestAnimeEver

Is there a manga for this anime? Is the manga over? Where can I find it?
Just really realy intrested in this series and I want to go read it now lol.

Kotonha came from Motokos house so perhaps she wanted to kill him? But it's too predicatable Kotonha will try to kill senkia next episode which is this tuesday?

if somone can please answer my quetsions ill be really grateful
Old 2007-09-06, 20:03   Link #251
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perishthethought View Post
regarding the point about third person perspective - there are plenty of occasions where the girls are aware that Motoko is otherwise engaged. Sekai re: Kotonoha, Setsuna re: Sekai etc.
Sekai knew it, and tried to act accordingly. However, Makoto was too persistent, and she succumbed as well, since he was blatantly choosing her.
Setsuna knew it only way later, and her behaviour should have been effective to make Makoto clear with his stance (which worked only lately, but when Setsuna used the huge means)
Quote:
Isn't Otome aware as well? While he may placate them in the short term, surely the prudent course of action for the girls would be to wait until they know for sure Motoko is detached?
i won't debate about Otome, since it is self explanatory already.
Quote:
Both Sekai and Motoko have plenty of opportunities to reveal their infidelity to Kotonoha, for example, but simply do not.
That is mainly Makoto's fault for this, as he is a plain coward.
Quote:
When it does become clear to Kotonoha (the scene outside Motoko's flat), it's far too late, the damage has been done. My judgement in these situations is not with the benefit of hindsight etc - I simply think it is wrong of them and very poorly thought through for them to acquiesce to Motoko even if they don't have access to a full and accurate picture. It's the fact that they give it up so easily despite this.
Characters don't have the same possibility to realize the extent of the problems, as they don't have the clear image of what the other (mainly makoto) thinks and does.
Quote:
About Setsuna, I have real difficulty accepting that anybody would allow themselves to be used a physical bargaining chip for their friend's wellbeing. This isn't like swapping a school lunch. Desperate? Yes, most definitely. Would it possibly have some sort of benefit for Setsuna in the long run? Well, that's doubtful. Encouraging Motoko to sleep with her is at best a band-aid solution, and that's even if we discount the fact that she IS getting something out of it, too.
This isn't like swapping a school lunch, but if it is the only way, i don't see the "problem" for a character build like this to act like that. If some people can sacrifice their well being or even their life, i don't see how it is unrealist to see a girl using her own body to do that.

Everything so far failed with that idiot, even the emotional promise they did, and her trust was kinda shattered. The only think makoto wants is "this", and he even assaulted Setsuna, just because he knew her weakness.

Therefore, it isn't a weakness anymore, and she was able to demonstrate her determination, as she is able to do anything for Sekai. She didn't imply they have to do it, but she hinted that if she must do "this" for the promise, she will. The difference is subtle, but present, as if it is something else, she will do it as well. It isn't an encouragement.

Finally, i can't understand how she can get "something out of it", while it is absolutely not romantic etc. heck, even if she was lustful, it wouldn't be great under these conditions.

Thus, the "excuse" or "gain something in the process" isn't exactly what i would agree with her desperate attempt.
Quote:
Even if they don't sleep together (and for what it's worth, having rewatched that scene, I don't think they do), the mere suggestion of the act - by Setsuna (even though it was Motoko who manhandles her to the bed) is tantamount to a betrayal.
That isn't a betrayal, as she won't even go through stealing his heart. He wants a specific thing, and so, if she can force him in exchange of it, it will be a benefit for sekai. Makoto almost forced her to go in such extreme manner to make him realize of what Setsuna REALLY wants.
Quote:
She's leaving anyway, so how could she ever know that Motoko would make good on his promise?
That's why it has a huge impact. She doesn't know if he will keeps his promise, thus her action is even more desperate. It adds much weight on her determination.
Quote:
Furthermore, having had her eyes opened to Motoko's true behaviour (i.e. he just wants sex), wouldn't a good friend warn Sekai to stay away? Essentially, it's something she doesn't have to think about as she's done 'her bit' for Sekai and got herself a piece of Motoko in the bargain, a nice memory.
Setsuna wants Sekai happy. If it is makoto, so be it. That's why, instead of making her going through the break-up galore, if she is able to "tame" Makoto for her, she will do it.

Again, i can't believe we can say she "gain" her bit, as it is completely tasteless considering the condition (even before the bargain).
Quote:
I stand by my accusation that the girls are very, very misguided - even if we make allowances for what they 'know' about Motoko and the situation. Sekai shouldn't have got involved with him oweing to the fact that she knew he was pursuing Kotonoha, despite diverting his attention to her, and never broke it off. For me, that makes her an idiot. An idiot in love? Yeah.
I don't question about some of her stupid actions, but it is far from your very first claim. At the very least, Sekai never had the intention to make him change his heart, and the consequences were completely not expected, as she didn't know Makoto was that influenced by his hormones (thus, the horrible turn of the training)
Quote:
Setsuna should have steered well clear, even if her attempt is to get Motoko to be faithful - meddling and offering herself as a physical sacrifice is never going to help. To me, that makes her an idiot.
already covered setsuna "issue" above.
Quote:
Kotonoha is in a dream world, ignorant to reality and on the verge of a breakdown - she needs perspective and a good psychiatrist (although you can hardly blame her for that, which is why I mentioned I felt sorry for her in my original post, as she's taken the lion's share of the punishment in this anime).
The problem isn't she is in a dream world, the issue is she cannot give up, as it is something deep in her mind.
She has a sense of reality considering her behaviour and several thoughts. Unfortunately, her clinging behaviour is more like a non sensical attempt to keep what she found for her life. She doesn't exactly need a psychiatrist, as she is lacking of experience. Of course, she snapped, but that doesn't mean she is past the broken point. Again, madness is kinda peculiar in her case.
Quote:
Otome isn't ignorant of Motoko's conquests, either. Their liasons are under the blanket of secrecy. She doesn't even know if Motoko will ever come clean. To carry on in such a way, to me, makes her an idiot.
Otome explained clearly why she is fine like this. it doesn't have anything with idiocy, but that's what she wants.
Quote:
Hikari's pursuit of a perverted moron like Taisuke, who has demonstrated his perversion to her on many an occasion (like the pool party), makes her an idiot - I'm fully aware of the fact that she doesn't know he's capable of rape. Even without the rape in the picture he's a class 1 moron.
Perversion doesn't mean someone helpless. Again, we don't know how she fall for him (It would be the same for setsuna if we didn't have that flashback). You can't force anyone to love or to NOT love because the objective is not a "good" choice for you. It is subjective, that is.

I don't believe i have to comment about the rest, as Makoto is really a peculiar case, and is nowhere to "redemption" to me, as he is only for "this".
Again, i'm just curious how Setsuna's trigger was powerful, which might turn the tide.

But i'm not really expecting forgiveness, or i think i will be vulgar with the scripters. (which became hard to not be, considering the messed up added "extravagant events" in the plot)
Old 2007-09-06, 20:49   Link #252
l3LooDLusT

Quote:
This isn't like swapping a school lunch, but if it is the only way, i don't see the "problem" for a character build like this to act like that. If some people can sacrifice their well being or even their life, i don't see how it is unrealist to see a girl using her own body to do that.
Quote:
Finally, i can't understand how she can get "something out of it", while it is absolutely not romantic etc. heck, even if she was lustful, it wouldn't be great under these conditions.Thus, the "excuse" or "gain something in the process" isn't exactly what i would agree with her desperate attempt.
Doesnt setsuna wants a memory with makoto before she leaves? even if u say she wasnt blushing and she was crying u cant still ignore the fact that when he kissed her she slightly hug him and she even sed that she wants a memory with makoto when she leaves. im really confused i ges ill just wait for teh next episode for my questions

Quote:
That isn't a betrayal, as she won't even go through stealing his heart. He wants a specific thing, and so, if she can force him in exchange of it, it will be a benefit for sekai. Makoto almost forced her to go in such extreme manner to make him realize of what Setsuna REALLY wants.Setsuna wants Sekai happy. If it is makoto, so be it. That's why, instead of making her going through the break-up galore, if she is able to "tame" Makoto for her, she will do it.
Im really confused well lets put it this way wat if they slept together(setsunaxmakoto coz its not clear yet if they did or not) i dont see a point on how setsuna is helping sekia becoming happy by sleeping and making a promise to sekias boyfriend isnt that just making the problem worst? isnt she beingan idiot on doing this to her bestfriend>? so i dont know why u cant call this a betrayal part? if u can clarify some of my question that would be great
Old 2007-09-06, 21:03   Link #253
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3LooDLusT View Post
Im really confused well lets put it this way wat if they slept together(setsunaxmakoto coz its not clear yet if they did or not) i dont see a point on how setsuna is helping sekia becoming happy by sleeping and making a promise to sekias boyfriend isnt that just making the problem worst? isnt she beingan idiot on doing this to her bestfriend>? so i dont know why u cant call this a betrayal part? if u can clarify some of my question that would be great
I kinda saw if as sort of a last chance thing for Makoto, basically she was saying, "You can have sex with me just like you do with everyone else, but if you do you'll truly be beyond all help." Whetever Makoto actually did her is up for debate.
Old 2007-09-06, 21:24   Link #254
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3LooDLusT View Post
Doesnt setsuna wants a memory with makoto before she leaves? even if u say she wasnt blushing and she was crying u cant still ignore the fact that when he kissed her she slightly hug him and she even sed that she wants a memory with makoto when she leaves. im really confused i ges ill just wait for teh next episode for my questions
She wanted a memory and she already did it. The kiss was enough for her. She actually didn't show any sign of "enjoying" the second and third with Makoto. (the second being to deceive kotonoha, while the third was forced to her)
I can't really consider her embrace as a hug.

If she wanted more, she wouldn't go through this promise, nor she would ignore Makoto in the airport.

Quote:
First, Setsuna asked him to break with otome, just like he did with Kotonoha, so it would be okay with Sekai.
Furthermore, her plea and actions were blatantly a demonstration of how she is serious with her request of promise she made him swearing earlier in this episode.
This mainly make him realizes how far she is ready to do for Sekai, and how Makoto must realizes what he is doing (because... kissing and trying to have sex with someone, just because he realized she loves him is beyond decent stupidity), which ultimately makes him think back (thus the I)
And i believe it really worked somehow, as he was in the airport, which he wouldn't bother to do so if he wasn't affected by setsuna's plea.
Old 2007-09-06, 23:13   Link #255
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestAnimeEver View Post
Is there a manga for this anime? Is the manga over? Where can I find it?
Just really realy intrested in this series and I want to go read it now lol.

if somone can please answer my quetsions ill be really grateful
Yes, there is a manga. I don't know if it is over. You can buy it.
You know, there is a thread for the manga...
Old 2007-09-06, 23:59   Link #256
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I noticed how Makoto kinda pushed Setsuna away from him after he broke up with Kotonoha. What does this mean really...he's supposed to be trying to get as many girls as he wants. Was there a brief moment of normalcy for Makoto?
Old 2007-09-07, 01:02   Link #257
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I noticed how Makoto kinda pushed Setsuna away from him after he broke up with Kotonoha. What does this mean really...he's supposed to be trying to get as many girls as he wants. Was there a brief moment of normalcy for Makoto?
Ah, one of the great moments where Makoto was finally cornered. I don't know how everyone else saw it but I thought Makoto was feeling a little irritated because Setsuna was always instigating in his relationship. Or he might've felt a little sympathy toward hurting Koto... ironic isn't it.
Old 2007-09-07, 02:19   Link #258
l3LooDLusT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
She wanted a memory and she already did it. The kiss was enough for her. She actually didn't show any sign of "enjoying" the second and third with Makoto. (the second being to deceive kotonoha, while the third was forced to her)
I can't really consider her embrace as a hug.

If she wanted more, she wouldn't go through this promise, nor she would ignore Makoto in the airport.

First, Setsuna asked him to break with otome, just like he did with Kotonoha, so it would be okay with Sekai.
Furthermore, her plea and actions were blatantly a demonstration of how she is serious with her request of promise she made him swearing earlier in this episode.
This mainly make him realizes how far she is ready to do for Sekai, and how Makoto must realizes what he is doing (because... kissing and trying to have sex with someone, just because he realized she loves him is beyond decent stupidity), which ultimately makes him think back (thus the I)
And i believe it really worked somehow, as he was in the airport, which he wouldn't bother to do so if he wasn't affected by setsuna's plea.
for the first u alredy know the answer, well as for the second kiss with makoto she actually blush there its seems that she enjoyed it(even if u say to decieve koto blushing while kissing it means she enjoyed it) i even rewatch that scene i belive she blush thats a sign that she liked it or am i just dellusional? as for the embrace isnt it the same as hugging some1 or am i really dellusional? if she didnt really like it why bother *embracing* him she coulda just lay on the bed and plea and i dont think that makoto was lying when he told her that the second kiss was passionate she blush to that time. Well we could say that she doesnt have ulterior motives but can we really prove that? with wats happening now shes leaving to france so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone (have sex with teh one she like and help youre bestfriend keep her boyfriend) ironic isnt it while she thinks that shes helping its the other way around shes just adding gas on the fire. Its like what happen to sekia with her special training even though they can probably guess wats the outcome with their action theirs still in denial *im trying to help so its alright to do this* or maybe their just like makoto thinking with their other head (i bet some1 will argue with that). +1 point to setsuna for trying to help sekia with extremely high cost and consequence.

as for the airport scene i cant really agree or disagree with u on that one because we really dont know why he went there out of guilt for havin sex with her or maybe he wants more action and realize he loves her LOL ya right(to setup for summer days arc aafter SD?) or he realize he did some horrible stuff to the girls in SD and went to apologize. we'll find out on wensday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Ah, one of the great moments where Makoto was finally cornered. I don't know how everyone else saw it but I thought Makoto was feeling a little irritated because Setsuna was always instigating in his relationship. Or he might've felt a little sympathy toward hurting Koto... ironic isn't it.
it is indeed ironic he knows that koto was suffering but he cant grasp the fact that he was the cause of it sad aint it.
Old 2007-09-07, 04:41   Link #259
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

finally got to see the episode in fansub form and the beginning of this episode made me sick because of whatever Taisuke was doing to Kotonoha....ewww
Spoiler for thoughts:

Great episode, alot of drama to set up for the upcoming dramatic events...and the bonus scene was a great add to this episode. Setsuna has become somewhat the center of attention in School days...its like she became from a supporting character to one of the main characters just because she revealed to Makoto that she like him.
10/10
Old 2007-09-07, 05:13   Link #260
fubar84

3 points:

1: NOOOOOO!!!! Not you too Setsuna..?

2: Makoto should burn in hell for all eternity. Schedule for an asswhopping by Hitler himself every day at noon.

3. If a curiously cute frog would present herself to Makoto, he would do her. I mean, how horny is this guy really?

Disturbing episode, lets just hope Kotonoha brings an end to Makotos hump-fest.

Sayonara Setsuna
Closed Thread