Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-04-13, 03:57   Link #241
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
It's not about complexity but stupidity, actually. People with less than half a brain wouldn't act the way those two did. But things just had to happen that way for the sake of forced comedy and drama, though.
Maybe you could give examples what you consider "stupid"? I'd offer trying to explain.

I mean, I'm not the author, but I don't feel remotely as confused/offended as you seem to.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 10:10   Link #242
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Maybe you could give examples what you consider "stupid"? I'd offer trying to explain.

I mean, I'm not the author, but I don't feel remotely as confused/offended as you seem to.
Well. You see...

1. About the guy: His whole revenge plant is a joke, and a bad one that's not even funny. I mean, what the hell? A girl rejected him so he dedicates his whole eight years of life to become a hulk so that he can seduce her and finally dump her. What's the point of doing so? Different people have different tastes, he can't expect everyone to act nicely to him, right? It's not something worth being bothered by, unless he is a very petty person. Should he want to exact revenge on her, exploring her secrets and making fun of her is enough. With her giant pride, she won't be able to take it. No need to play around with her feeling and more importantly, his own feeling. Love isn't something to be treated insincerely like that, unless he's an utter bastard.
That's not to mention the latest development. Why did he want to compete with the fat Masamune? He should have realized now that guy successfully achieved something he failed to get: the girl's love. That guy's actually doing a favor to him. What he should do is investigating the fatso. If his feeling is genuine, destroy their relationship by showing him her ugly side, creating misunderstanding between them..., if it isn't and he has a hidden agenda, do nothing since karma will do its job.

2. About the girl: This bitchy girl looks down on others too much. She just takes, doesn't give and thinks about no one but herself. She treats other like trash include her servant who looks like her only friend. She trampled on the feeling of people who confessed to her without a sense of guilty. No redemption is enough for her at this point.
Old 2015-04-13, 15:42   Link #243
Namorax

I also think that Masamune's "revenge plan" was just "there" for the sake of introducing/selling the story, but deep down, Masamune probably used it as a pretext to motivate himself into "becoming a hunk".
FWarlord's right, who would spend 8 years trying to get revenge for something that happened between two children? Nobody, except for characters in a manga, or a person who decides to turn from a little piggy into a hunk, but can't admit it to himself so he comes up with the revenge plan.
After all, it was so obvious every since the first chapter that he would never go through with this kind of plan...

As for Adagaki: yeah, she's an akward (and probably shy) girl that doesnt knwo how to properly interact with boys. Doesn't make what she does to the other boys right, but on the other hand we still know next to nothing about her background, except that she was obviously spoiled by everyone around her.
But there are also hints that she was also affected when she insulted "piggy" back then. To me she appears to think that she doesn't deserve being together with any other boy, and the way she keeps eating for multiple people is also abnormal and probably linked to the very reason Masamune slimmed down.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 03:51   Link #244
Mentar
Banned

Well...

About Masamune's revenge plan: Sure it's unusual, but I've seen stranger things. Traumas in childhood days can cause extreme reactions when they happen to a certain kind of people. Also, I feel fairly lenient with unusual developments if they are the foundation of the plot. If this setting is too unrealistic to a reader, he can drop the show at the first installment.

He's surely no saint, but I can't see him as a bastard either. The way he rejected Fujinomia was fairly gentle. What I find interesting is that if he had been successful in getting Adagaki to go out with him, I think he might have had difficulties following through with his rejection plan. After chasing after her for so long, he seems to have developed roots of feelings for her after all. His reaction to Fake-mune was _jealousy_.

And it seems fairly obvious to me that Fake-mune is just that: Fake. He has no real interest in Adagaki, he is consciously planted by someone to split Adagaki and Masamune up. That seems fairly obvious to me, after seeing how he enlists the help of others for this goal.

About Adagaki: Just to make sure: You did not miss that she was crying bitter tears when Masamune had to move away, right? She may have insulted him, but she _liked_ the original Masamune of the past. And Fake-mune is exploiting these feelings by pretending that he is the Masamune of old (he isn't).

As for the rest, Namorax got it right IMO. She's a warped girl that cannot properly interact with guys. I guess that she may have gone through various bad experiences with guys chasing her for her wealth and background with bad intentions. So I'd like to read a bit more about her background before I pass my judgment on her. Besides, I'm weak to warped ojousamas and she has the sexiest legs of the show
Old 2015-04-14, 08:33   Link #245
kagato3

Yoshino and Adagaki also have an interesting dynamic they do both care about each other. It's pretty clear Yoshino is working to get the 2 to actually get together . Also keep in mind what we have seen of the adults around*Adagaki she was raised in a highly disfunction environment.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 08:41   Link #246
obnuchious

how dysfunctional?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 09:18   Link #247
Sixth
Hu Tao

Masamune's plan just totally doesn't make sense. If I am in Masamune's shoe...I would prefer to pursuit the love rather than destroying it because of the petty grudge. After all, it all happened when they were kids.

It would be more believable if Adagaki's family somehow destroyed Masamune's family thru financial or betraying...then I can swallow the whole revenge things.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 13:04   Link #248
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
how dysfunctional?
Well we have met one of her primary care givers . That twisted woman that seems to run off wrath and bile. Also we have yet to see any mention about her parents but given she seems to have been raised and watched over by her fathers secratary it is likely they aren't close at all.

Of coruse the revenge is petty the story wouldn't work as what it is, a romantic comedy, if it wasn't. A more realilstic reason for revenge would change the genre of the story
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2015-04-14, 16:34   Link #249
Namorax

Didnt her mother appear in that omake where Adagaki makes donuts? It was just a few panels, but she appeared (disappointingly) normal...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 17:25   Link #250
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Didnt her mother appear in that omake where Adagaki makes donuts? It was just a few panels, but she appeared (disappointingly) normal...
No that was one of the maids (Yoshino's sister I think)
Old 2015-04-14, 18:43   Link #251
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Masamune's plan just totally doesn't make sense. If I am in Masamune's shoe...I would prefer to pursuit the love rather than destroying it because of the petty grudge. After all, it all happened when they were kids.
Just because it doesn't make sense TO YOU doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense. You are not the MC here... and see no problem finding people who absolutely go for revenge.
Old 2015-04-14, 21:13   Link #252
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Guys, it's a romantic comedy. The whole "revenge" shtick is so obviously not going to go through.

Or it will "go through" because Masamune will convince himself he needs to act on it because he's so hung up with it for so long, and then he will super-duper regret it within three seconds and we get the climax arc with his apology or something.

Masamune doesn't actually want revenge. He just tells himself he does. That poor, pretty boy is in love. Romantic Comedy 101.

Speaking of which, I'm more or less "not following" until this arc is over. No thank you to NTResque stuff.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 00:17   Link #253
Mentar
Banned

I think Irenicus nailed it. With the addition that what we have at the moment is no actual NTR, but yes, the Fake-mune arc is strangely unpleasant. This must mean that for some strange reason I've begun shipping Adagaki. My goodness.

I guess my tolerance for arrogant bitchy ojousamas is even higher than I realized. See Erina from Shokugeki no Souma.
Old 2015-08-28, 09:22   Link #254
bastek66

Wow,
Spoiler for chap 27:
Old 2015-08-28, 20:51   Link #255
bakato

Alright. I'm confused so if someone can enlighten me that'd be great. So Masamune isn't the pig in the childhood photo? That's the current pig? Who is the pig?!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 02:16   Link #256
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

ok why so slow with the update?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 11:32   Link #257
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

People stopped caring about this when the author stopped caring about revenge and made the MC fall for the girl he was supposed to take revenge so fast while making other girls suffer.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 21:36   Link #258
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

but things still interesting at least, i dont see any bad development for it
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 21:47   Link #259
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
People stopped caring about this when the author stopped caring about revenge and made the MC fall for the girl he was supposed to take revenge so fast while making other girls suffer.
Wasn't that expected?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 13:21   Link #260
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You asked why, that's it.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bait and switch, harem, romance, tsundere, white knight protagonist