AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 23:29   Link #241
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
You can see in this episode, Seii requested Captain Kobayashi to replace himself with Yuhata Midorikawa, since he want to be deployed in battle.
I don't quite understand what is Seii's role in the command center. Kobayashi gives an order, he relays them, then the underlings execute them. Does he do anything other than repeat her orders?

I notice there's a similar setup in Full Metal Panic. Tessa is the captain and issues orders. Mardukas stands beside her and repeats her orders. Is there a real-life equivalent role for what Mardukas does?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 01:47   Link #242
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I don't quite understand what is Seii's role in the command center. Kobayashi gives an order, he relays them, then the underlings execute them. Does he do anything other than repeat her orders?

I notice there's a similar setup in Full Metal Panic. Tessa is the captain and issues orders. Mardukas stands beside her and repeats her orders. Is there a real-life equivalent role for what Mardukas does?
XO or First Officer....It's more than just repeating orders. After all his replacement has to have suitable strategic/tactical planning capability as well. It's like a second in command role

Anyway did anyone else have the mental image of them being all green...what with the repeated use of human photosynthesis and all lolol
Old 2014-04-27, 19:19   Link #243
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just got into this series, it looks pretty dreary considering how many people have died within the first few episode. Really enjoyed the sci-fi element of it and the attention to details, although it's the mech design and production quality that initially caught my interest.

Despite all the crazy sci-fi going on, the one that caught me off guard the most is the talking bear. Is there going to be explanation for that ?
Old 2014-04-27, 19:34   Link #244
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Probably... but please don't tempt the manga readers to spoil stuff like this! ^^
Old 2014-04-28, 00:06   Link #245
Top Sergeant

Quote:

Redundancy is important in a military organization, due to the possibility of casualties. Also, the XO handles a lot of the Captain's administrative duties.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 00:42   Link #246
FateAnomaly

Their best team dies so easily. Sidonia is doomed.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 06:40   Link #247
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Despite all the crazy sci-fi going on, the one that caught me off guard the most is the talking bear. Is there going to be explanation for that ?
I can't tell which is scarier. A bear gaining higher level thought processes and human behavior, or a human undergoing some kind of modification to become a bear. Eitherway, it is not a bear anymore, but a human, regardless of its shape or furriness.
Old 2014-04-28, 06:58   Link #248
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At least she doesn't have chainsaw hands
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 07:08   Link #249
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I can't tell which is scarier. A bear gaining higher level thought processes and human behavior, or a human undergoing some kind of modification to become a bear. Eitherway, it is not a bear anymore, but a human, regardless of its shape or furriness.
I can't stop seeing her as the bear belonging to Mikoto that Kuroko loves to hug though...What with that voice and all...
Old 2014-04-28, 09:39   Link #250
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Well you got a scenario where humanity is desperate enough to reengineer itself to have photo synthesis capability & develop a third gender, it's not that scary to have a talking bear though i'm curious how it came about. At some point, i hope the series will delve deeper into issues that surround a community that have evolved this far away from it's root.

Voice over wise, Atsuko Tanaka, Sayaka Oohara & Takehito Koyasu stick out like a sore thumb with their sexiness but i'm looking forward to hearing Aki Toyosaki (Izana) performance the most. It would be interesting to hear voice actress keep their voice as gender neutral as Izana.
Old 2014-04-28, 09:47   Link #251
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
The meta explanation would be that Nihei loves bears. There was a talking bear in Biomega too. The in-universe explanation... I have no clue. They seem to have made a lot of genetic experiments, so Lala might be the result of that.
Old 2014-04-28, 10:23   Link #252
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Bears hibernate. Maybe that's another energy conservation measure?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 09:42   Link #253
45nm

Looks like gauna is looking only for nagate, just who the hell is he?

Because sidonia is in peace at least 100 years, and now after nagate come from underground, gauna become active again and attack sidonia. Spoil me anyone?
45nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 10:22   Link #254
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nm View Post
Looks like gauna is looking only for nagate, just who the hell is he?

Because sidonia is in peace at least 100 years, and now after nagate come from underground, gauna become active again and attack sidonia. Spoil me anyone?
Actually that's just anime logic at work. Every time a race/species/etc. that was said to have not been seen in so and so time will appear as soon as the "hero" of the story makes his debut.
Old 2014-04-30, 21:41   Link #255
Top Sergeant

If those four Gardes were carrying the special Guana-killing lances, I hope the weapons have homing beacons one them, otherwise they just lost four of their limited supply.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 22:35   Link #256
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
If those four Gardes were carrying the special Guana-killing lances, I hope the weapons have homing beacons one them, otherwise they just lost four of their limited supply.
They can always retrieve the Kabizashi later, I guess. The anime stated that in the Fourth Gauna War, the Tsugumori retrieved the abandoned Kabizashi and brought it to Sidonia to lift the siege.
Old 2014-05-01, 22:27   Link #257
Jerseykid

Nagate to the rescue!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 23:03   Link #258
bakaouji

Boy, I guess each episode is gonna end on killer cliffhangers.

The captain had to come up with some insane drastic measures that cost a lot of lives but eventually spared Sidonia from complete extermination. It was Kinda horrifying, watching numerous bodies just turning into huge splotches of blood on the walls.

It's amazing how Nagate finished off the Gauna with just two precision strikes-- something an entire elite squad and the HMD couldn't accomplish. He's definitely gonna experience a swift upswing in his popularity. One Gauna later, he's become the most desirable man on the colony (although, he's attracted the abject scorn of one Kunato). The females simply can't wait to mate with him.

Speaking of mating, I guess there's gonna be some romance next episode with Nagate and Hoshijiro adrift in space, all alone, waiting for rescue. I think they can afford to park Sidonia for a while to retrieve their savior.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 23:47   Link #259
kenshinstyle

Holy shit, Nagate is a BAMF. He gives no shit about charging the guana one on one even though he knew Akai's squad was just wiped out by the guana. That's how good and confident he is at taking on a guana.

Kunato as usual is after every credit he can get his hands on and is really just pathetic. It was really intense when the sidonia had to dodge the guana and people just went smashing to the walls.

Best anime this season.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 23:56   Link #260
eceso

xD an incredible, incredible episode

smh Kunato is an asshole, period.

can't wait till next week
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, space