AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-23, 22:56   Link #241
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Inaho wasn't dumb. How is he going to take Slaine prisoner? Swim out there and grab him? He isn't in command of the Terran forces, Captain Magbaredge is. That's on her. And all of the people blaming Inaho for being confrontational towards Slaine: your point? You want Inaho to invite the guy on board the ship when his allegiance was unknown? Slaine was the one who had to show he meant no harm in that situation, regardless how confrontational Inaho was.
Why would he swim if he has mech? and sky carrier could be useful aircraft.

Invite? did you read my post? POW isn't an invitation of being a guest and why invite him if his a POW. He can handcuff him and interrogate or talk to him without necessarily endangering others if his in restraint.

I did blame Inaho last episode for being confrontational because that is wrong timing but I also blame Slaine for not answering Inaho's question. Those two are at fault last episode.

But this time around. Really, he just shoot it down without even capturing its pilot that has useful intel. That is just plain stupid move
Old 2014-08-23, 23:01   Link #242
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Why would he swim if he has mech? and sky carrier could be useful aircraft.

Invite? did you read my post? POW isn't an invitation of being a guest and why invite him if his a POW. He can handcuff him and interrogate or talk to him without necessarily endangering others if his in restraint.

I did blame Inaho last episode for being confrontational because that is wrong timing but I also blame Slaine for not answering Inaho's question. Those two are at fault last episode.

But this time around. Really, he just shoot it down without even capturing its pilot that has useful intel. That is just plain stupid move
You are assuming his Kataphract had some sort of amphibious capability, which we have not seen yet. Besides, he isn't the one that calls that decision, that is the captain's call. If she wanted to take Slaine prisoner she would have. It is not like nobody noticed Inaho and Slaine flying around together. In all likelihood they prioritized getting out of there as soon as possible. The second part of my post wasn't in response to your prisoner of war comment, but the people who argue Inaho was too confrontational. Inaho was completely justified in being confrontational, he needs to determine Slaine's intentions if he is going to try to get him on the Terrans' ship. Slaine did not understand the precarious position he was in. I'm guessing he was hoping he could pull an Indiana Jones thing and steal the princess in the same manner he did when he escaped from the Martians. Guess he didn't know the Terrans were willing to actually hit their targets.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:01   Link #243
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Poor Slaine, that count was a moron and I'm glad hes dead. Arrogant dumbass. Though I do have to wonder why Slaine is being left alive. Perhaps it is in hopes that he will lead them to the princess? Well, once they know a flying battleship is activated, the location the princess will be pretty obvious.
They already know that.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-23, 23:08   Link #244
garbage

Wink

Quote:
Inaho is a moron. Slaine should have been brought in for questioning, instead of being shot without warning. Since Inaho has been drafted, can he be courtmarshalled?
I agree taking Slaine Prisoner would have been for the best, but you seemed to have forgotten when Inaho & Slaine was talking at the end of ep.7 Deucalion (& the duo) was already flying away from the island, and increasing altitude. Moreover Slaine was the one piloting the craft. what would Inaho say " YO komuri land your craft on the ship we are taking you prisoner." while getting shot at by the craft?

now if it was after the sky carrier crashed in the sea, remember this Terran group has been running from Marsians for a few episodes now. would they take some 20-30 minutes or maybe hours, to land that big craft( which they have near zero experience in capabilities and handling) and fish out Slaine? Now that would be up to the Captain, while taking into account the safety of refugees they still have on board ( not to mention the newly recognized princess).

The best would have been if Inaho reigned in his question first, and asked Slaine to land first, while at the same time secretly signalling the bridge to get a security detail ready to take the Pilot in custody when they land. But that's his only mistake there. well he can make some mistakes too can't he? ^^
Old 2014-08-23, 23:10   Link #245
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder what the chance is that this show will receive a second season. Because it feels like the start of a gundam style opera but 12 episodes is way too short.
It is not 12 episodes, it is split cour. The second cour will run in the winter season.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:17   Link #246
kukuru

From last episode they were exiting the area ASAP. Despite having a nice fancy ship. They did not want to even want to think about any possible fight from a counter attack that was probably coming.

Whether they had time to track down and PoW Slaine after extracting Inaho is now known to be a big fat "No"

Not to mention Inaho is a pre logic type. Slaine has little intelligence use and too much liability. Curiousity, humanity, and gratitude Inaho isn't the most known for.

As for the commander. Extract and leave. She probably didn't even want to consider if there's any usable weapons on the ship to idle around.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:17   Link #247
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i can see why people are getting jimmies rustled. imagine a show where characters make the right decisions, cutting out all the misunderstandings and drama caused by people who do incorrect things when it matters most.

its the same reason why The Last Ship on TNT (great show by the way) has grown more popular. because people (mostly) do what they're supposed to do in the given circumstance. its completely refreshing.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:23   Link #248
Ultraviolet X

Issue's here comes from being biased towards certain characters. Besides, Calm's complete turn around in attitude towards Martians makes no sense whatsoever and it showed Count C enjoy torturing Slaine, which makes his turn around in attitude harder to swallow.

Some things just don't make sense. Then there's stuff that can be explained, but they haven't bothered to give one such as Terrains fishing Slaine out of the water. I agree with garbage above explanation on this, but they didn't explain it in the anime which is just bad. And lastly, there's the torture scene that takes up a decent chunk of screen-time instead of addressing characterization issues.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-08-24 at 23:47.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:29   Link #249
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Being biased towards certain characters. Besides, Calms complete turn around in attitude towards Martians makes no sense whatsoever and it showed Count C enjoy torturing Slaine, which makes his turn around in attitude harder to swallow.

Some things just don't make sense.
yes indeed those two points, very jarring. Calm in particular I think is wasted opportunity, i would have wanted to see a character who is very much anti martian, yet at the same time very much attracted to the princess. the inner conflict would be interesting to see. But meta wise , Calm would have to be a more important character to be given such attention... so there in any cae if they're giving secondary characters more attention I would rather have Inko & Yuki-nee get more attention anyway
Old 2014-08-23, 23:30   Link #250
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
But meta wise , Calm would have to be a more important character to be given such attention... so there in any cae if they're giving secondary characters more attention I would rather have Inko & Yuki-nee get more attention anyway
I agree, but these things do add up. Aldnoah Zero's problem is that it has been doing this kind of thing consistently. It's especially bad if they contradict what they show of the character/s without giving a decent explanation, especially if its done just so it fits in with what the story wants to do.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-08-23 at 23:58.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:32   Link #251
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It is not 12 episodes, it is split cour. The second cour will run in the winter season.
Ah, so this will have a season second, I knew this story couldn't be wrapped up in just one cour.

And while they know the location of their Mecha, and that its drive has been removed, they don't know yet that the battleship has been activated.
Old 2014-08-23, 23:34   Link #252
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
From last episode they were exiting the area ASAP. Despite having a nice fancy ship. They did not want to even want to think about any possible fight from a counter attack that was probably coming.

Whether they had time to track down and PoW Slaine after extracting Inaho is now known to be a big fat "No"

Not to mention Inaho is a pre logic type. Slaine has little intelligence use and too much liability. Curiousity, humanity, and gratitude Inaho isn't the most known for.

As for the commander. Extract and leave. She probably didn't even want to consider if there's any usable weapons on the ship to idle around.
He helped out and whats his thanks, getting shot down.....HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?

*RAGE* Ah well, this show is ufll of stupid people making foolish decisions so par for course I guess.

I suspect that Inaho is a robot, I swear.......
Old 2014-08-23, 23:43   Link #253
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
He helped out and whats his thanks, getting shot down.....HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?

*RAGE* Ah well, this show is ufll of stupid people making foolish decisions so par for course I guess.

I suspect that Inaho is a robot, I swear.......
No, actually Slaine shot at Inaho first.
Old 2014-08-24, 00:01   Link #254
tsunade666

Quote:
It makes sense because Slaine shoot Inaho first. Its just a return fire.

At least Inaho hit the wings and not the body of sky carrier.
Old 2014-08-24, 00:18   Link #255
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I guess we just found our Char clone. Now watch Cruehto turn out to be alive and wearing a mask while fighting against the Martians responsible for the assassination.
I totally agree with you. The first thing I thought of when they showed his death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One thing about Saazbaum, my impression is that the moment it looked like Cruhteo really was going to kill Slaine, Saazbaum turned off his vid-screen and flew off.

So it's possible that Saazbaum did this less to keep Cruhteo in the dark, and more to simply ensure Slaine doesn't get killed. If that's correct, then Saazbaum values Slaine's life so much that he'll kill a fellow Martian Knight just to ensure Slaine stays alive.

Slaine may very ironically be in good hands now, when it comes to his own safety and physical well-being. I think that Saazbaum will probably play the good cop in the next episode when he questions Slaine.
I'm not sure what Saazbaum will do. My initial theory is that he will brainwash Slaine into doing his bidding, whatever that may be.

I think what happened was that Saazbaum wanted to make sure Slaine didn't die, but he also wanted to know what the boy knew and what he told Cruhteo. I think when he began to see that Slaine was beginning to give Cruhteo clues, he knew that the man would eventually figure it out, which was why he, being a step ahead, attacked first, to take out Cruhteo and take Slaine.

I don't for a second think that Saazbaum thinks of Slaine as anything but a tool for what he wants to do, but we'll have to see where that takes them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post

Deucalion (Deucalionis Regio) is an albedo feature of Mars (a "continent" brighter than the Mare) named such since 1877 by Schiaparelli.
Oh, thanks for that info. So, what I'm thinking is that Deucalion was a mech that fell to Earth 15 years ago, and for some reason all the knights thought it was lost. The UFE creates a great battleship and transfers the Aldnoah drive to the ship, but can't get it to work. They name the ship after the kataphrackt from which it came.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Why do I feel like Cruhteo is going to miraculously survive this? At this point, I feel sorry for Slaine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I dunno about that, if you slow the video down, it is rather obvious that he's pretty much a goner.
I really have a feeling he's coming back and will be a rival for Saazbaum in his own mech, just as Slaine is being set up as Inaho's rival. You don't have a guy whose been in that much promotional material, who's had his mech name-dropped more than once (but never seen), and have his just get killed off without an actual "death scene" or at least him getting to fight.

I've been fooled to many times by mecha series to buy this right as of now. There are too many characters that have gone out in a blaze and by all accounts should be dead, and end up just not. So, maybe he is dead, but I won't believe that until I see the corpse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Being biased towards certain characters. Besides, Calm's complete turn around in attitude towards Martians makes no sense whatsoever and it showed Count C enjoy torturing Slaine, which makes his turn around in attitude harder to swallow.
I can understand some saying that Cruhteo's turn around being sudden, and it was. However, I'm thinking it was less about Slaine, and more so his excitement and disbelief that the princess was alive, that was talking, more so than his admonishment of Slaine. But whatever it was, I was okay with it. I was more annoyed with Calm's complete flip-flop over a pretty face, than I was about that.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-24, 00:23   Link #256
Thess

Saazbaum didn't care about the clues. This is what made him cut the broadcast and fly down:

(He isn't looking very amused, is he?)

His priority down there was locating Slaine, that was the first thing he did once down there. Killing Cruhteo was an afterthought.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-24, 00:33   Link #257
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I totally agree with you. The first thing I thought of when they showed his death.
But...but...if they do that to Cruhteo and make him yet another Char clone, their mission to surpass Gundam franchise is kaputt....

Oh well, the show’s writing is already too terrible to surpass even the middle-tier Gundam entries anyway. So might as well take the route of “so bad it’s good” like Valvrave.
Old 2014-08-24, 00:38   Link #258
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Saazbaum didn't care about the clues. This is what made him cut the broadcast and fly down:

His priority down there was locating Slaine, that was the first thing he did once down there. Killing Cruhteo was an afterthought.
I actually think there was a shot earlier where he does look amused. I think he was trying to get Slaine, but I think taking out Cruhteo was also a priority. Notice that Cruhteo seems to be the only one Saazbaum seems to pacify. He's the only one he acts chummy with. I have a feeling that Cruhteo was the only knight that was a threat to Saazbaum powerwise and yet was the one that was also the most loyal to the royals. It would also be the reason that they are both at the emperor's right and left hands in the promotional art, because both are probably equal in strength and position, though they are also foils, where Cruhteo is the honor-bound one that says everything out in the open, and Saazbaum is crafty and sly one that hides behind deception. One is blond and the other brown, one dark, one light, but both equal.

I think he knew that Slaine would eventually say something, and that Cruhteo, being one of the few who is as strong as he and that once he knew that Saazbaum was a traitor would never let it go, he struck first. He seemingly killed Cruhteo and stole Slaine, hitting two birds with one stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But...but...if they do that to Cruhteo and make him yet another Char clone, their mission to surpass Gundam franchise is kaputt....

Oh well, the show’s writing is already too terrible to surpass even the middle-tier Gundam entries anyway. So might as well take the route of “so bad it’s good” like Valvrave.
I loved Valvrave, so this is still my favorite show of the season for me. But what they might be thinking is that maybe they want to create their own "Char" character that they can call their own?

I guess nobody told them that as many times as you try to duplicate Char, you will never be better or even equal to than the original.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-24, 00:54   Link #259
Tormenk

Well given Slaine's resolution under torture, I can't imagine his next encounter with Orange will go down too well. At the same time it's bound to drive him to even more drastic actions. Perhaps so much that by the time he does reach Asseylum he might not be the same person anymore.

I expect we would see Cruhteo make a return eventually. Mecha-Cruhteo perhaps?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2014-08-24, 01:28   Link #260
Thess

Quote:
I actually think there was a shot earlier where he does look amused. I think he was trying to get Slaine, but I think taking out Cruhteo was also a priority. Notice that Cruhteo seems to be the only one Saazbaum seems to pacify. He's the only one he acts chummy with. I have a feeling that Cruhteo was the only knight that was a threat to Saazbaum powerwise and yet was the one that was also the most loyal to the royals. It would also be the reason that they are both at the emperor's right and left hands in the promotional art, because both are probably equal in strength and position, though they are also foils, where Cruhteo is the honor-bound one that says everything out in the open, and Saazbaum is crafty and sly one that hides behind deception. One is blond and the other brown, one dark, one light, but both equal.
You bring a good point, however I can't see Slaine and Inaho as rivals. They might be a foil for those two knights. As you'll note, Saazbaum and Cruhteo were "apparently" in the same side, but really weren't: their comradeship was based on lies. If you want to dig deeper the "similitude", don't look at their haircolor. Cruhteo was A bloodtupe, while Saazbaum is the only other aside of Inaho who is AB (marking him with the Villain Type).

On the other hand, Slaine and Inaho I think have a misunderstanding, thinking they are in opposite sides which can be clarified if they talked.

Quote:
I loved Valvrave, so this is still my favorite show of the season for me. But what they might be thinking is that maybe they want to create their own "Char" character that they can call their own?

I guess nobody told them that as many times as you try to duplicate Char, you will never be better or even equal to than the original.
Agreed. They are just pale copies that don't match his complexity.

Closed Thread