AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-06-19, 05:53   Link #241
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
You say Kai dragged out longer than it needed?
When it was following the Manga more closely?
Care to give more substance to that statement?
Following the manga more closely than one of the most padded anime in existence is hardly a mark of excellence in itself. It was a cut-down version of the anime that was closer to the manga, true... But it wasn't cut down enough, as far as I'm concerned. It still left in a lot of filler. The most glaring example being Bulma being possessed by Captain Ginyu, (and don't give me that "It was too ingrained in the canon content to be cut"-thing, all they had to do was redo a couple of shotsthat had Bulma in them... or alternately edit it so that those shots weren't used to begin with) which I'm pretty sure was the exact point that made me give up on it, but even before that... I was bored. The story still felt like it could be moving a lot faster than it did. Also, Namek still took four episodes to explode. Now, I'm not saying that it should literally take five on-screen minutes, there is no way for them to cover everything that happened in the manga in five actual minutes... but anything over two episodes is seriously pushing it.

And then there is The Final Chapters, which is practically just Z with worse music and a green tint that makes the whole thing look like The Matrix. 91 episodes cut down to 69? Oh my, amazing, you cut like 25% of an arc that was like 60% filler. And yes, I know the Japanese broadcast cut it down another 10 episodes, but that was pretty much all in the beginning. And from what I understand, the way they edited it to make Gohan's stint as the Great Saiyaman fit into a single episode was a total mess.
Old 2015-06-19, 06:02   Link #242
RDNexus

The Great Saiyaman part really seemed like a tricky part to edit because the staff played well with it's stunts, fitting them into full episode times.
The remaining "filler parts" of Kai were intended to fill in space within an episode, since sometimes the "faithful" parts of the manga didn't fill a full episode.
You may complain all you want but, in my view, they edited the whole thing to the best of their chances to make it as faithful to the Manga as possible.
Buu Saga really ended up being more poorly edited, true that, but as far as I remember it went more faithfully than the original series, going as far as 2 original episodes per Kai episode, as far as I noticed.

P.S.: They didn't edit down 10 episodes but only 8, since the series will end with 61 episodes, making a total of 159 episodes.
They could have at least managed one extra episode to make 160...
Old 2015-06-20, 12:13   Link #243
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm still disappointed that Kai removed the "Goku and Picollo learn to drive" episode. That was the one bit of filler that was so hilarious that it should become canon
Old 2015-06-21, 02:59   Link #244
Gundamx

Dragon Ball Super manga out in usual place

It look like the story will start after Buu saga (before the BoG)
Old 2015-06-21, 05:55   Link #245
Vegard Aune

I can see two possibilities here:
1: Toriyama is using Super to expand upon details about the Battle of Gods story he didn't have time to put into the movie proper. (He claimed the original draft would have been over two hours long if they'd animated everything)
2: Toriyama is completely rewriting the movie he made just two years ago...

I'm very much hoping it's the former. Though the Beerus-scene already doesn't quite seem to fit the timeline of the movie...
Old 2015-06-21, 14:47   Link #246
Robotech Master

Quote:
I'm very much hoping it's the former. Though the Beerus-scene already doesn't quite seem to fit the timeline of the movie...
Yeah, if the conversation between Beerus and Whis is happening concurrently with the tractor scene, that would mean he forgot about the Super Saiyan God in a year or so. It was definitely implied he was sleeping for a long time in the film; if he was awake during the Majinn Buu saga there would be no reason for him to not know about Freeza's defeat.
Old 2015-06-22, 19:07   Link #247
Chosen_Hero

Just read the manga and ftom the conversation it seems that the movie was Beerus's dream/prophecy.
Old 2015-06-22, 19:16   Link #248
GDB

...No. They just changed how long he slept before the movie from 39 years to likely just 2-3 years. The movies still happened.
Old 2015-06-22, 19:27   Link #249
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
...No. They just changed how long he slept before the movie from 39 years to likely just 2-3 years. The movies still happened.
No, this seems to be just aftet Buu, if it had been after the movie Goku would have envisioned Beerus, also I'm oretty sute those first few hint and says "the months have passed slowly...".

The there is Beerus mentioning the Super Saiyan God but not saying Goku's name (which he learned in the movie) suggesting (and quite litetally mentioning) that it was a dream/prophecy.

The "Him" just meant the Super Saiyan God and not Goku himself at least from the context of how it was written.
Old 2015-06-22, 20:05   Link #250
GDB

You're grasping at straws to try and make the movies non-canon. Nothing here implies the movie was a dream. Beerus had known the prophecy of the Super Saiyan God for a long time. The weird talking oracle fish thing had told him of it 39 years ago (before he slept in the movie, now before what appears to be a string of naps). He just remembered it now because he was reminded of Planet Vegeta, and then he'll not pay it any heed until he wakes up from his pre-BoG nap.
Old 2015-06-22, 23:43   Link #251
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Female Whiss????

Summary Planets are being destroyed

Old 2015-06-24, 18:34   Link #252
Saravis4

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was a dream, it seems that its a retelling that would fit better in a TV series compared to a movie length. I imagine they did the movie to test or increase interest in the series, but wouldn't require it for the series.

As for those other characters, I'd wager a guess that those other gods from the other universes. I hope they don't all look like that, lets get some creativity rolling.
Old 2015-06-25, 07:31   Link #253
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Haha I bet she is with the Fat Beerus. Women like the chubby kitties XD
Old 2015-06-26, 13:43   Link #254
Dragonria

New trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-06-27, 00:05   Link #255
Chichiryuushintei

Already like that song.

Fat Beerus is called Champagne. lol
Old 2015-06-27, 04:44   Link #256
Dragonria

i wonder if they have forgotten about Uub (10 years after DBZ), Goku seems too much powerful for him now
Old 2015-06-27, 05:05   Link #257
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
i wonder if they have forgotten about Uub (10 years after DBZ), Goku seems too much powerful for him now
Ya, if there's a SSGSS state for them, are you saying that's still not enough for Uub?
Old 2015-06-27, 05:35   Link #258
Dragonria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Ya, if there's a SSGSS state for them, are you saying that's still not enough for Uub?

Goku is more powerful than Uub at this state, what's the point of making him fight Uub 10 years later?
Old 2015-06-27, 12:23   Link #259
Gundamx

Quote:
He was just playing with Uub to make sure he was Buu
Old 2015-06-28, 21:58   Link #260
sayde

Quote:
Goku always was too powerful for Uub. He never even had to go Super Saiyan against him IIRC. As Gundamx said, he was just testing to him to make sure he really was the reincarnation of Buu. Uub was never intended to be a challenge for Goku upon first meeting him though. His potential however, was supposed to be something that Goku was hoping would lead to a good sparring partner with the right guidance.

So does this series premiere this week? And if so, what day?
Closed Thread