AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-18, 11:31   Link #241
RDNexus

I really don't get it. People complain of rush adaptions but when something is decently to nicely adapted, they still complain about the pacing...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 11:53   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I really don't get it. People complain of rush adaptions but when something is decently to nicely adapted, they still complain about the pacing...
After reading Kamieichi's post, it's pretty apparent to me the anime did screw up the pacing.

Spoiler for Novel:
Old 2015-12-19, 09:48   Link #243
K11chi

Quote:
Because most cases like this, except with more content, last 4-5 episodes at best until they get dragged out for no reason (Though 3 seems fine for this show). This had nothing more than one locked room mystery going for it.
Episodes 3-8 can be skipped completely. This last episode isn't any necessary than the last either.
K11chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 19:12   Link #244
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

why it takes me too long to realize that Michiru is the name of the daughter?
and in the end, no one could catch Shiki Magata and she kept trolling everyone till the end

decent anime.. I enjoy the pacing and the character development
Sometimes I really need this mature-type anime
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 10:30   Link #245
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

it's not even that mature if you ask me, just some plain wannabee 2dp4u type of show
Old 2015-12-24, 14:12   Link #246
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait what?! I just realized that episode 11 was the end.
...Really? That's it? She escapes and its over?
Ehhhh?

An... anyways, 4/10. This is what happens when you drag one mystery one for an entire cour. Nougami Neuro and Conan have some words for it...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 14:34   Link #247
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
it's not even that mature if you ask me, just some plain wannabee 2dp4u type of show
Ah the classic meme to discredit an anime lol. Tbh I believe most ppl watching anime dont really understand or have experienced many mystery based entertainment. Which is why people think being "slow" paced is a bad thing or being dragged. For 11 episodes it did everything right.

I guess people are too accustomed to things being told to them in less than 4 episodes.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 15:04   Link #248
RDNexus

If it's a Shounen Manga, it's dragging for too long.
If it's a LN series, it's usually rushed or told quickly.
If a story is told in the optimal amount, it's dragging.

Honestly, I think people have grown used to nag and complain more than simply enjoy.
In this medium, it's difficult to find masterpieces or gems but people always demand excellence.
Old 2015-12-24, 22:04   Link #249
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Honestly, I think people have grown used to nag and complain more than simply enjoy.
In this medium, it's difficult to find masterpieces or gems but people always demand excellence.
Or...not every show is a perfectly created masterpiece and there are actually flaws that exist. I love how the first two are things that actually happen. While the third one is trying to slap people in the face who don't agree with you. They don't even work in terms of comparables. The first two are things that can happen the third is an impossibility.

If a show is told optimally it's not dragging. It's fine if you feel like the show was told in a perfect manner, but it doesn't mean people are wrong if they don't feel that way.
Old 2015-12-25, 01:00   Link #250
IceHism

Quote:

There are detractors for everything. There is no masterpiece in art or entertainment. Its dumb to even contemplate that. If you saw the best thing ever, what's the point to see anything else?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 04:09   Link #251
RDNexus

Then why people complain of how this one and Rokka got adapted? You both, care to explain?
Those two, as an example, and as far as I know, got nicely adapted but people still complain.
And, yes, I know it may have more to do with a story's genre and that no story is a masterpiece, never has been, but still...

Last edited by RDNexus; 2015-12-25 at 04:32.
Old 2015-12-25, 21:12   Link #252
IceHism

Quote:
Then why people complain of how this one and Rokka got adapted? You both, care to explain?
Those two, as an example, and as far as I know, got nicely adapted but people still complain.
And, yes, I know it may have more to do with a story's genre and that no story is a masterpiece, never has been, but still...
Because people aren't actually complaining about the adaption (as in the transition from book to video except for maybe one scene where that one guy was suppose to die along the way) but the content in general.

One of the complaints I read here is "they shouldn't have spent a whole cour on 1 locked room mystery". That has nothing to do with pace. The book is only 1 locked room mystery.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 04:17   Link #253
RDNexus

Well, I guess that's because people are always making expectations when, nowadays and more than never, one should simply go blind to a story and enjoy whatever it's dumped on them.
Of course, this is only one side of the coin. But in this case, could the story feel complete if they had rushed through certain plot points?
Old 2016-02-09, 17:26   Link #254
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Until Subite ga F, I hadn't see a reference to flotation tanks in popular media since the movie Altered States was released nearly forty years ago. (God, I'm old!) Apparently they are making a comeback, at least in Britain: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35521560
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote