Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-27, 15:27   Link #241
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes and no. If he was that innocent, he could have just asked the teacher and her students to be on the lookout for his keys, or waited until after the lesson, instead of looking on flat ground where his keys obviously weren't.
The teacher said that men were banned until the swimming lesson ended. Being a teacher himself he presumably knew the rule and ignored it.

His guilt or innocence is secondary in my mind to the choice of this meme in the first place.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-27, 19:12   Link #242
Frontier

He seemed a pretty absent-minded type.

At least Ohtomi is starting to become aware of the gender discrimination when they only used the pool, like, two episodes ago .
Old 2019-07-28, 01:47   Link #243
Arya

Mmm, pretty uninteresting episode. I welcomed Otomi losing for once, but I was too naive, no, of course she can't.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 01:57   Link #244
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, to be honest the episode was kind of on the boring side. Was mostly just about the girls doing their own thing and Otomi being the resident Mary Sue.

I did laugh at the end with Sou and him falling into a trap he literally just criticised the others for. Tou's reaction to that was just as priceless.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 04:53   Link #245
moridin84
Custom User Title

I noticed Haruka didn't agree to condition #2.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 14:54   Link #246
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I noticed Haruka didn't agree to condition #2.
Well, she wouldn't be able to date her beloved Tou-chan.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 21:37   Link #247
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I did laugh at the end with Sou and him falling into a trap he literally just criticised the others for. Tou's reaction to that was just as priceless.
I was wondering why everybody was declaring their name and specialty out-of-nowhere. Like, was Adachi finally introducing the rest of the team or something? Then I realized they were just introducing themselves to Haruka .
Old 2019-08-03, 07:11   Link #248
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Remind you of anyone?

Have we seen the glasses lady before other than in the OP?

Boy, it looked like Tou had no control at the outset, even hitting a batter, then
Spoiler:

Will the opposites-attract theory will save the day for Souichirou? Time will tell.
Old 2019-08-03, 10:33   Link #249
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Lmao. Sankou got its second no-hitter against them for the second time against the same team.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-03, 11:08   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haruka and Souichirou don't get along, huh. The fact he managed to get along with Touma who is also his opposite is giving him a silver of hope.

Didn't get the gag with the TV show. I get that the caller was Adachi asking advice for his manga, but who was that woman supposed to be?
Old 2019-08-03, 11:16   Link #251
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Have we seen the glasses lady before other than in the OP?
If you're talking about Haruka's mother (the author who's separated from Goro), then yes, we saw her before.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 09:05   Link #252
Arya

So, this episode is about similarities, so as much as Tou seems to be destined to walk the same walk (literally) of the previous star (?) Sou seems to be ready to try and walk the same walk he did with Touma before. But this time with Haruka. For now it's just talk though

Anyway, first it did surprise me they said Haruka is similar to Tou. Honestly until now and the rock-scissor-paper similitude they didn't strike me as very alike. Haruka seems much more alike Sou if you ask me. In any event it was good to know something more about Sou and Tou, I'd prefer the show to go more in these downs about their family and themselves instead of being so much in the ups of the games, but this is a sport anime after all.
Anyways, letting similarities aside, Sou and Haruka seem pretty compatible, we can deduct it since we already saw a couple of times now how Haruka and Tou are not, so this new tile seems the switching narrative point from Haruka infatuation with Tou to the hate toward Sou. I mean, if I remember correctly just only in terms of reactions Haruka's reaction toward Sou is basically the only evident one of the entire show so far that doesn't fall into the comedic slot. So it has to be something big.
Now I'm looking forward to how things will develop, even if given the pace I'm not sure we will see anything before like 5 / 6 episodes

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-08-10, 17:03   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Touma sure was concerned about the reason Otomi went out. Younger Akai is totally going to end up joining the baseball team in High School, once he gets over his inferiority complex toward his brother. Or maybe in order to do exactly that.
Old 2019-08-10, 17:06   Link #254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure why, but I'm starting to dislike the younger Akai. Or at least be creeped out by him. Too perfect, maybe?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 17:34   Link #255
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Out of all the Otomi admirers, younger Akai is the only one I can actually stand.

I kinda had a hard time believing that Otomi was as oblivious to Akai's advances as she said she was given her experiences and how she's frequently shown brushing off other boys advances. But I can't discount the possibility that her experiences have had the opposite effect and she genuinely never considered Akai's invitation that way because she's too used to dealing with advances from idiots. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 17:56   Link #256
Arya

I liked Natsuno at first, but now not anymore. Akai is respectful, so he is fine. Boring but fine. He will join the team sooner or later, choice that probably will change his relation with his brother, for better or worse. By the way I was curious to see older Akai. Anyway with otomi on the other hand he doesn't stand a chance obviously.

Old 2019-08-10, 18:21   Link #257
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I still like Ichiban as a potential Otomi suitor. His main fault is that he's much more still a kid than Otomi or Ryou, but I think he has a good heart.

Still - we all know where this is going, don't we?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 18:26   Link #258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't dislike Akai, but I don't really like him either. He's too bland.
Old 2019-08-10, 22:39   Link #259
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My impression of Akai improved considerably during his conversation with Otomi at the bowling alley. His brother seems like a jerk, but Ryou showed a sensitivity not common among the boys in this show.

Older brother Akai and Mita Arisa seem made for each other. I was surprised when he asked her in for tea. Hospitality has not been an aspect of Tomohito's character so far.
Old 2019-08-10, 23:03   Link #260
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
My impression of Akai improved considerably during his conversation with Otomi at the bowling alley. His brother seems like a jerk, but Ryou showed a sensitivity not common among the boys in this show.
I did like how now that he's aware of Natsuno as his love rival he acts all aggressive against him now .
Quote:
Older brother Akai and Mita Arisa seem made for each other. I was surprised when he asked her in for tea. Hospitality has not been an aspect of Tomohito's character so far.
His demeanor changed when he figured out who her brother was. So either his attitude changed in deference to who she's related to or he wants to know more about her brother.

Tags
adachi mitsuru, baseball, sports