AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your Favourite SR Factions (multiple choice allowed)
Flag / Jersey Faction: Harima x Eri 412 63.00%
Oudou / Correct Path Faction: Harima x Tenma 63 9.63%
Onigiri / Riceball Faction: Harima x Yakumo 295 45.11%
Kids Meal Faction: Harima x Eri x Yakumo 157 24.01%
True Oudou Faction: Karasuma x Tenma 89 13.61%
Dream Come True Faction: Hanai x Yakumo 25 3.82%
Flute Faction: Hanai x Mikoto 156 23.85%
Kite / Chocolate Faction: Hanai x Akira 22 3.36%
Glasses Faction: Hanai x Yuuki 28 4.28%
Applejuice / Apple Faction: Imadori x Ichijou 182 27.83%
Banana Faction: Imadori x Lala 33 5.05%
D Faction: Imadori x Mikoto 31 4.74%
Basketball Faction: Asou x Mikoto 75 11.47%
Chinese Food Faction: Asou x Sara 69 10.55%
Cookies / Dynamite Faction: Tani x Tae 45 6.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 654. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-06, 14:45   Link #241
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Harima X None is too pitiful for him. He at least should deserve one. And let it be Yakumo then!

Riceball FTW!
I still think Harima is unworthy to hold Yakumo's hand.
Old 2006-12-09, 15:14   Link #242
Moon Eclipse

K, I'm cheering for Flag myself but honestly I think that Eri would win if both Yakamo and Eri were to one day realize they both have feelings for Harima. Why? Yakamo is too docile when it comes to her own satisfaction and fulfilment. She will do almost anything for people she wishes to help, put herself at risk, stand up for people, help them, support them whatever. But when it comes to herself she's very submissive. She just doesn't have it in her at this point to be agressive and assertive enough to compete against Eri who has demonstrated herself to be a lot more assertive and agreessive in obtaining that which satisfies her.
Old 2006-12-10, 11:35   Link #243
wontaek

They both know of their feelings towards Harima. Only reason Eri has a chance is that unless Karasuma makes everyone belive that he consider Tenma as his girlfriend, Yakumo will support the relationship between Harima and Tenma and won't do anything to jeopardize it. If Eri starts being much nicer to Harima and everyone around her, Harima can't help but notice it, since he is the only person who frequently is harmed by Eri, and he may start to think about Eri more than Tenma. Eri better not get Yakumo angry, for that might make Yakumo pursue Harima more aggressively, and it will be almost impossible for Eri to overcome the lead Yakumo has built in Harima's mind.
Old 2006-12-11, 18:46   Link #244
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
They both know of their feelings towards Harima. Only reason Eri has a chance is that unless Karasuma makes everyone belive that he consider Tenma as his girlfriend, Yakumo will support the relationship between Harima and Tenma and won't do anything to jeopardize it. If Eri starts being much nicer to Harima and everyone around her, Harima can't help but notice it, since he is the only person who frequently is harmed by Eri, and he may start to think about Eri more than Tenma. Eri better not get Yakumo angry, for that might make Yakumo pursue Harima more aggressively, and it will be almost impossible for Eri to overcome the lead Yakumo has built in Harima's mind.
Again, the point that you seemed to have missed is that this is a story. You don't need to be able to see a path to the finishline to know that it exists. The odds don't matter - and in fact, chances are that the least probable outcome is the most likely one to occur. Underdogs always have an advantage.

The difference between a story and a random string of events is that the story is built with a central concept or idea in mind. Everything ties back to that central idea, which gives the story a unified feel as a whole. That's one of the reasons why the story is likely to end when it comes full circle with Karasuma's departure in March.

With regards to Onigiri, the reason that the faction is unfeasable is simply because the events of the story are not built around it. At the very best, its entire existance is tied back to Flag. You can see Harima and Eri interact on their own. By contrast, have you ever had a moment where you saw Yakumo and Harima interact where it was not linked back to some conflict within Eri?

The other point working against Yakumo is the nature of her success against Eri. In a matchup between Eri and Yakumo, Yakumo will always win. Why is this balanced? The answer is simple - Yakumo isn't conciously entering into conflict against Eri, so she isn't actually trying to antagonize Eri. The real conflict lies with Eri's inadequacies - it's really a battle of Eri against herself.

Do you really expect Yakumo to suddenly decide, 200+ chapters in the series, that she loves Harima, and use her God Mode Hax to win him over, coasting effortlessly throughout the series after Eri has overcome so many obstacles and put in so much effort just to get where she is?

And we haven't even factored Hanai into the equation, either.

Last edited by Swampstorm; 2006-12-11 at 19:01.
Old 2006-12-11, 20:05   Link #245
wiggy13

yakumo has already displayed to us her "love towards harima" in 205.
Old 2006-12-14, 22:29   Link #246
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggy13 View Post
yakumo has already displayed to us her "love towards harima" in 205.
She cooked for him to help him hide his dislike of shrimps. How is this anything new?

Yakumo is still unconfirmed, as always.
Old 2006-12-16, 23:49   Link #247
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I just came across this thread and I was wondering why Harima x Tae (school nurse) isn't up there. Even though it isn't a very realistic combination, I would think it would be a good candidate. I hope I don't look like an ass for going a little bit off topic.
Old 2006-12-17, 04:01   Link #248
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Harima x Shrimps LOL.

I'm still rooting for Yakumo. Make your move, girl!
Old 2006-12-17, 05:24   Link #249
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I just came across this thread and I was wondering why Harima x Tae (school nurse) isn't up there. Even though it isn't a very realistic combination, I would think it would be a good candidate. I hope I don't look like an ass for going a little bit off topic.
urm because she has already confessed love for harima? truthfully i dont know ~ but you can always ask to get one put up ~ call it one-sided-love-with-a-bomb faction

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-17, 19:56   Link #250
Moon Eclipse

I think at this point Harima x Eri is still more likely. They really haven't even hinted that much to Harima x Yakamo... I don't know I think Harima x Yakamo would be a very wierd yet somehow boring relationship, he'd be with the sister of the girl he orginally liked and that in itself is messed but I don't see the passion there. Harima x Eri would be both funny and cute. There's definately passion there ^^

Last edited by Moon Eclipse; 2006-12-18 at 00:44.
Old 2006-12-17, 22:05   Link #251
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
call it one-sided-love-with-a-bomb faction
I was thinking of the bandaid faction, but yours works too.
Old 2006-12-18, 00:43   Link #252
Moon Eclipse

I don't know I like bandaid faction. It sounds cute... even though it's not something I'd support in the first place Flag faction will rule supreme!
Old 2006-12-18, 03:34   Link #253
vegetax
Some Random New Guy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse View Post
I don't know I like bandaid faction. It sounds cute... even though it's not something I'd support in the first place Flag faction will rule supreme!
Agreed! Go Eri Go! What? So I have a thing for Tsundere blonds with pigtails, so sue me.

Vegeta X
Old 2006-12-18, 06:12   Link #254
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
no wai! Onigiri > all *throws sharp objects*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-18, 10:06   Link #255
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I hear that Kobayashi Jin's wife is Half Japannese n his assistant.
His favourite food is curry n least favourite food is shrimp.
Coincidence??
Old 2006-12-18, 18:23   Link #256
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I hear that Kobayashi Jin's wife is Half Japannese n his assistant.
His favourite food is curry n least favourite food is shrimp.
Coincidence??
He made no secret that one of the model for Harima is himself so I won't be surprised by Harima's taste in food. About his wife, I have not seen anything conclusive about it, since Kobayashi Jin likes his privacy. Finally, Curry ranks close to Ramen in Food power ranking.
Old 2006-12-19, 10:37   Link #257
Sinanju
Koroshiya

Decided to choose only one so picked Harima x Yakumo although it's to bad theres no Imadori x Yakumo ^^
Old 2006-12-19, 19:58   Link #258
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Can there be a bandaid (Harima x Tae) faction? If not I'll just select the Flag faction
Old 2007-01-03, 02:01   Link #259
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Flag Faction +1

Honestly with the way the anime is going...its hard not to choose it, especially seeing how cute Eri is around Harima ^_^

Also, seeing how Yakumo's probably not the "type" of girl to get this guy in this kind of anime, chances r it will be between Tenma and Eri, and judging by the way CH.207 went, we might see some kind of resolution soon enuf O_O

Last edited by HurricaneHige; 2007-01-03 at 02:15.
Old 2007-01-15, 13:08   Link #260
Marsala
Delurker

Alas, there's little love for Oudou in particular and Tenma in general.

Oh well. Akane and Naru would probably lose popularity polls, too.
Closed Thread